Team-BHP - Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Delhi NCR (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/)
-   -   Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/144141-car-detailing-3m-car-care-gurgaon-8.html)

So I just dropped in at 3M for a quick car wash, and this is a live report of how much drop there has been in the service.

I had got my car to them right now and asked for a wash since the car was quite dirty. To my suprise I was told they will only 'wipe' the interiors with a microfiber and vaccum the floor only.

When the outlet had opened, they were clearly covering every crevice of the car which isn't the case right now. So now on to the wash there are certain major flaws.
  1. No attention to jewellery on hands : The washing chaps have no idea how to take care of a new car, both the boys working on the interiors are wearing rings on their hand along with some fancy bracelet which only leads to countless scratches.
  2. Dirty Microfiber for Interiors : They used a preused microfiber for wiping the interiors which will scratch out the aluminium fascia around the gearbox very well and when pointed out they said its clean. However it was terribly dirty to the point of leaving dirt marks.
  3. Uneven cleaning : The boot tray itself had a lot of dirt on it due to a trip I had just covered, but its a shocker when they clean it only in some places, and then leave the other corners as is.
  4. Expensive : The service has gotten quite expensive, to the point where the washing is equivalent to the dry cleaning at other places. This is a shocker especially when other outlets offer much much better service.
  5. No Owner Attention : The owner is quietly sitting in his cabin and only attending to the higher end cars in the area. Since I was in the polo, there's no gain for him to hardsell and he is taking good care to please the BMW owners in the service bays.
  6. Bad Service : This isn't about the car but about the 'lounge'. Theres no serving of water, and if we have to wait 20 minutes for a glass of water there's no point. Add to that the manager is constantly on the phone, without any attention the cars or the owners who might be working.

My problem is not with the service of the car, but the overall attention to detail that has gone to rots at 3M.

This is simply a post to let people know to avoid 3M Gurgaon, atleast the outlet on Golf Course Road.

Would love to know if this has become a standard elsewhere too?

Also can anyone recommend another good car wash in Gurgaon?

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_4627.jpg

Post the WipeDown with the dirty microfiber.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_4632.jpg

Dirty Steering Panel before the wash.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_4663.jpg

Steering panel post the wash, no difference practically.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_4661.jpg

Glove Box post the wash. Marks of dirt and no dressing done anywhere on the dashboard or steering.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_4635.jpg

Tray post wash and cleanup, half area washed half as dirty as before.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_4637.jpg

Use of a dirty microfiber, leaving scratches.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_4643.jpg

Dirt stuck in the crevice even after wash.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_4653.jpg

Massive amount of dirt in the inner wheel well even after a pressure wash.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_4654.jpg

Dirty sill plates even post the wash.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_4656.jpg

Door area post wash and wipedown.

Thanks.

Agree with all of your points.
I had the same experience in the Basavanagudi outlet in Bangalore.
Added to all your points, the equipment were ill maintained. The Bosch vacuum machine tube was cracked in many places and taped with normal electrical insulation tape. The plug was not there and the guy was forcing the wire leads into the socket leading to loose connections.
Was a completely below par experience.
A colleague who never went to a 3M dealer was with me asked why i waste money on such bad service.

Guys, can someone please refer a good detailing shop in Gurgaon ?
Waxing/Polishing/Claying and what not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptaneja (Post 4269407)
Guys, can someone please refer a good detailing shop in Gurgaon ?
Waxing/Polishing/Claying and what not.

I can recommend you the best shop in Delhi/NCR but its in west delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilwearsprada (Post 4268572)
So I just dropped in at 3M for a quick car wash, and this is a live report of how much drop there has been in the service.

I had got my car to them right now and asked for a wash since the car was quite dirty. To my suprise I was told they will only 'wipe' the interiors with a microfiber and vaccum the floor only.

How much did they charge you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 4270214)
How much did they charge you?

They charged me 525 I think.

Quote:

Please do post details, I also want to get PPF on 730, 3M guys at Chandigarh messed up my X5 on front and there is virtually no complaint addressal system at 3M.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilwearsprada (Post 4270213)

Pls do share the details.

Lets see how much they keep their price - and if it would be beneficial to go all the way there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4270222)
Please do post details, I also want to get PPF on 730, 3M guys at Chandigarh messed up my X5 on front and there is virtually no complaint addressal system at 3M.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptaneja (Post 4270223)
Pls do share the details.

Lets see how much they keep their price - and if it would be beneficial to go all the way there.

https://www.facebook.com/Dazzleshowcars/

He is a fellow BHP'ian too @Notorious. Very fair guy in pricing and the best detailer, also measures the paint coating before polishing the panel.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_1022.jpg

This was when he had detailed my Fiesta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilwearsprada (Post 4270251)
https://www.facebook.com/Dazzleshowcars/
He is a fellow BHP'ian too @Notorious. Very fair guy in pricing and the best detailer, also measures the paint coating before polishing the panel.

Had a word with Jas - and he has quoted about 18K/14K/12K for three different ranges of coating.
Though, its a bit beyond the budget I was thinking - but I was still ready. But what changed my mind was the time it takes - would have to leave the car there, and it would take 2 days.

Would have to somehow search and settle for just waxing for now - someone in Gurgaon who can apply a carnauba/collinite coating.

Anyone seen this >> ?

http://excelcarspa.com/

Any experience with above ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptaneja (Post 4271112)
Had a word with Jas - and he has quoted about 18K/14K/12K for three different ranges of coating.
Though, its a bit beyond the budget I was thinking - but I was still ready. But what changed my mind was the time it takes - would have to leave the car there, and it would take 2 days.

It takes 2 days because the coating is left overnight. Anyone detailing your car in 2-3 hours is a scam, with simple rubbing polish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilwearsprada (Post 4271115)
It takes 2 days because the coating is left overnight. Anyone detailing your car in 2-3 hours is a scam, with simple rubbing polish.

Yea correct - nothing can be achieved in couple of hours.

But travelling from Gurgaon to West Delhi - two times is such a pain. Would be searching someone in Gurgaon itself - or in the end will order Collinite wax and will rub it in !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptaneja (Post 4271118)
Yea correct - nothing can be achieved in couple of hours.

But travelling from Gurgaon to West Delhi - two times is such a pain. Would be searching someone in Gurgaon itself - or in the end will order Collinite wax and will rub it in !

Sadly nobody who does quality work in Gurgaon, better to get normal buffing done by Heera Motors, he is on the directory.

And then coat it with a good carnauba such as Collinite.

Removal of rust drip stains

We were out for 1 week and our car (Lexus ES300h) was parked in the building basement in its usual spot. Unfortunately one of the pipes in the ceiling was going drip-drip with rust in it. It stained the left side front door with a rust looking stain 6" wide and 2 feet deep. I was horrified on seeing it this morning and concerned that it may be permanent given the week long impact. Fortunately 3M Gurgaon, where I am a regular customer, were able to remove it completely using some chemical. The car is covered with PPC in toto and that helped keep the paint protected. The PPC may cost a lot to start with but situations such as this make it worth while. 3M were gracious and did it in ten minutes gratis while I sipped coffee. The PPC has been a boon in the past for minor abrasions and now for rust stains.

Got the car polished and cleaned from the inside at 3M Gurgaon. While some members are clearly not pleased with the service I have always received first class service from the team there over the last 3 years. It helps to set expectations right upfront - what you need and how much time it will take and any items you are fussy about. I have purchased the pre-paid package so the drivers can simply take the cars when I instruct them to even if I am out on business travels.