Team-BHP - Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Delhi NCR (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/)
-   -   Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/144141-car-detailing-3m-car-care-gurgaon-9.html)

Anyone aware of the change in ownership at 3M Gurgaon outlet? Looks like Anurag has moved out.
What's been the impact on the service quality? I availed their services a few times - mainly washing - it was ok when Anurag was around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by piyush1.a (Post 4324133)
Anyone aware of the change in ownership at 3M Gurgaon outlet? Looks like Anurag has moved out.
What's been the impact on the service quality? I availed their services a few times - mainly washing - it was ok when Anurag was around.

There has been some modification to the ownership. Anurag has exited and sold to one Mr Ankit Agarwal. Rajesh and the rest of the team are all in place still. I got two of my cars polished and cleaned from the insides very recently and had some terrible rust stains removed too. Did not sense any drop in quality. Ankit is a young person and so I assume will be keen on doing well. Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 4324155)
There has been some modification to the ownership. Anurag has exited and sold to one Mr Ankit Agarwal. Rajesh and the rest of the team are all in place still. I got two of my cars polished and cleaned from the insides very recently and had some terrible rust stains removed too. Did not sense any drop in quality. Ankit is a young person and so I assume will be keen on doing well. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Yes Ankit is the new person. Would want to see some more feedback on how it's going.
I am looking for some extensive detailing. Any suggestions other than 3M in Gurgaon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilwearsprada (Post 4271115)
It takes 2 days because the coating is left overnight. Anyone detailing your car in 2-3 hours is a scam, with simple rubbing polish.

Hey just wanted to know why detailing will take so much time. Hope detailing is different from ceramic coating. I assume the ceramic coating is a time taking job where multiple coats are required and thus time taking.

Please correct me if I am wrong. please:

Recently I found sprinkled road tar on my car and can spot very fine tar marks on several places. I am not fond of the expensive ceramic coatings as I can not keep up with the terms and conditions it usually comes with. Don't want to waste money on expensive coatings as it will hardly last for few weeks if not taken care. In that case what could be the best possible process I can opt for to remove these marks(I assumed it to be detailing).

Quote:

Originally Posted by roby_dk (Post 4325150)
Hey just wanted to know why detailing will take so much time. Hope detailing is different from ceramic coating. I assume the ceramic coating is a time taking job where multiple coats are required and thus time taking.

Hi, the detailing process he uses starts from paint measurement, to claying the car, to two coats of polishing, then wax/sealent coat next morning. It takes a longer time because Jaspreet and his team(2 more people) handle the car themselves and not a staff that's untrained. Visit his studio once for a better idea of the process.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roby_dk (Post 4325150)

You would need a proper cleaning, rubbing and polishing - finishing off with waxing.

A friend of mine went to this place, and is all praises for it. I have not been there - so maybe you can give a try with a pinch of salt

Carcleanz Outlet
IIT Crossing, Hauz Khas Mehrauli Road, Vijay Mandal Enclave, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, Delhi, India

I can see now from their site, that they are doing at home services too.

Mod Note: Please avoid multiple posts recommending the same dealer. Anyone asking for a recommendation is requested to please go through the thread first. Thanks!

I am looking for a good budget car wash place near sohna road Gurgaon. I dont have a car cleaner so i think i'll take my GLA for a weekly wash so need something that is economical.

Any great experiences?

Guys,

Anyone have a latest rate card for 3M services ? Very strange that in today's time they are hiding this basic info.
I need to compare the rates with a new Turtle Wax Outlet in Gurgaon.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-turtle.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptaneja (Post 4962858)
Guys,

Anyone have a latest rate card for 3M services ? Very strange that in today's time they are hiding this basic info.
I need to compare the rates with a new Turtle Wax Outlet in Gurgaon.

Attachment 2097078

Hi ptaneja, I was in a similar situation as yours. I got my Ciaz detailed as a 2nd year birthday gift yesterday and did a comparison of both 3M Care Care in Adhchini (near IIT Delhi) and the new Turtle Wax store in Gurgaon. Our car comes under the "Medium" vehicle category and the prices for comparable treatments were as follows :

Turtle Wax - Rs. 6500/-
3M - Rs. 6800/-

These rates were for the "Smart shield shine" from Turtle Wax and "Paint sealant advance" from 3M respectively. I called up both stores to get a detailed explanation of both treatment plans and got to know that they both are comparable with the same numbers of procedures.

I went ahead with the 3M treatment as Mr. Gautam (operator at 3M Adhchini) gave me a much competitive rate (Rs.5500 compared to Rs.6800 for Turtle wax as they weren't communicating any offers or discounts over the phone) and since their studio was also closer to my home in Alaknanda, Delhi.

The steps followed on my car were as follows :

1. Pressure & foam exterior wash + degreasing (includes engine cleaning + bag/tar removal)
2. Wet sanding (where required) and full claying of the car
3. Compounding with a cutting agent + buffing machine with microfibre pads (what people also call as rubbing)
4. Polishing (with a finer agent + buffing machine with foam pads)
5. Cleaning post polishing (this also includes interior vacuuming + basic cleaning of door pads, mats, dashboard, glass, etc.)
6. Waxing

I was quite satisfied with the work done and I felt it was well worth the money spent. My 2-year old Ciaz (which has a lot of swirl marks and dog-paw scratches) came out looking factory fresh. Would recommend.

I'll be sharing a detailed write up with pictures about my experience in a new thread shortly. That might help you make an informed decision. Hope this helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalsingh (Post 4963348)

Turtle Wax - Rs. 6500/-
3M - Rs. 6800/

I was quite satisfied with the work done and I felt it was well worth the money spent. Hope this helps!

Good decission ! Will wait for the pics.
Since the rates are not displayed anywhere, are they the same across all of their stores?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptaneja (Post 4963365)
Since the rates are not displayed anywhere, are they the same across all of their stores?

The prices should be the same, at least for Delhi-NCR. In any way, you can quote this thread to them and ask them to match the discount I got, which was around 20% (this is if you're going for the same service).

Anyone got their car done from "Waxd" ?
( https://m.facebook.com/waxdcarcare/ )

Got the following quote -

Only Wash - 300
Wash + Wax - 600
Wash + Wax + Vaccum - 1200
Compounding - 3500

( The final price will also depend on the condition of the paint on your car )

This franchise of 3M is downing its shutters in a few days the owner tells me. Lack of business due to impact of covid, lockdown etc. The original owner sold it to two brothers who are running it currently. Does any one know of another 3M franchise outlet in Gurgaon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 5036156)
Does any one know of another 3M franchise outlet in Gurgaon?

Try these guys, very hard working and will bring your cars to a totally different condition.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...ml#post4891719

They can do a deep cleaning or apply a coat which I will recommend, it’s a kind of rubber coat that helps keeping away swirl marks and most importantly, washing becomes super easy. Very economical as well, about one third / fourth of what ceramic guys charge.