Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2014, 01:00   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
3M for value for money. SnS is too expensive in my opinion. SnS owner doesn't even give you pressure steam wash in the basic wash package which costs 1000. The reason he quotes is that the kracher pressure wash uses diesel to run the motor and hence is additional cost for him. Hmm. SnS also give you attention in proportion to the car you drive! 3M on the other end is humble.

the only flip side to 3m is too much cross selling/up selling. That you can just avoid politely.

go for 3M. When are you planning? if its next month we can co-ordinate as i will be going in for my bi-annual compounding session
Any estimate as to how much would something equivalent to SnS 's gold package would cost?

http://steamandshine.in/price_list.html

Looking to get it done sometime soon, also do they offer vinyls? Planning to get a glossy black wrap for the roof.
Old 2nd March 2014, 10:12   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Any estimate as to how much would something equivalent to SnS 's gold package would cost?

http://steamandshine.in/price_list.html

Looking to get it done sometime soon, also do they offer vinyls? Planning to get a glossy black wrap for the roof.
Its almost in the same price bracket AFAIK. 3M for some vague reasons do not share there price list and you cannot take a copy home. They also offer the vinyl wraps but the wraps are quite expansive.
drmohitg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Its almost in the same price bracket AFAIK. 3M for some vague reasons do not share there price list and you cannot take a copy home. They also offer the vinyl wraps but the wraps are quite expansive.
Ah, sounds fair. Have you tried 3M? As newtonmeter pointed out, would you too vouch for it over other detailer?

Got a quote of 7K from retro raps for black vinyl on roof and OVRMs, wondering if it's worth it and if 3M will be more expensive.
Old 2nd March 2014, 16:46   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ah, sounds fair. Have you tried 3M? As newtonmeter pointed out, would you too vouch for it over other detailer?

Got a quote of 7K from retro raps for black vinyl on roof and OVRMs, wondering if it's worth it and if 3M will be more expensive.
Yea I have tried 3M and you can find my post on this page itself. Got my Innova's interior cleaned by them and took there annual exterior package for my BMW. The quality of work and more than that the eye for detail is top notch. I haven't tried the steam and shine but heard good things about them too. Its just that 3M is more of an organised set up so one does not need to be bothered about quality standards.

There vinyl wraps are priced on basis of per square foot. So you will have to go and first choose what colour and pattern/texture you want and the price is according to that. You can try giving my reference to Anurag and probably ask for a little discount.
drmohitg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 23:54   #35
BHPian

After reading so many positive reviews, went in today to get my Civic foam washed. Opted for basic classic interior cleaning package as well. Total damages were around 2400 including taxes.

Today, I think was one of the exceptions, where everything went wrong. When I was called to inspect the car, the interiors were not polished, vacuumed halfheartedly, and the spare wheel well wasn't cleaned at all. All nooks and crannies, (both interiors and exterior) had dirt and debris. Fuel tank lid, boot latch, alloys, inside of doors, all had grease and dirt residue.

Though the supervisors profusely apologized and admitted serious lapses, it took me about 4 rounds of inspection, to ensure everything is done in accordance with the specs as listed by fellow forum members. Towards the end, told them very clearly that I was seriously disappointed by the service. Was assured by the manager over there, that this will never happen ever again and this was caused by some new chaps they have hired today itself, who left the scene even before the first inspection started.

I feel that timings would have been an issue as I reached the 3M workshop at 5 p.m. (Took the car there after getting it serviced). In advance I made it clear that they should only accept the car, if they have no objection as they close by 7 p.m. as I am in no hurry. But the service advisor said they will do a perfect job and timings are not an issue.

Initially during the first inspection, one worker said that they don't clean spare wheel well and the boot as a part of foam wash and basic interior package. I just politely called there manager and apprised him about other fellow members experiences on Team Bhp. From there things were put in place.

I hope my next visit will be better as these people are very hospitable and have courage to admit where they goofed up and rectify. Though in the first place this should never have happened.

Upsell: Yes they are very hard in up selling and cross selling the range of services.

Overall it was a mixed experience.
kumargandharva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 00:35   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumargandharva View Post
After reading so many positive reviews, went in today to get my Civic foam washed. Opted for basic classic interior cleaning package as well. Total damages were around 2400 including taxes.

Today, I think was one of the exceptions, where everything went wrong.

Overall it was a mixed experience.
Really surprised that they let this happen. Wasn't the owner Anurag there? Generally he keeps supervising the work and point out the areas left to clean. I did notice that without him around the workers had a tendency to relax a bit.
Old 5th March 2014, 01:20   #37
BHPian

One observation that I have had from my almost 3-4 visits to them is their atttention to details is slightly dependant on the load that they are having at that moment. Although I never had a bad experience per se but then most of the times my car is not very dirty in these hard to find areas. But when they the load is less, the spend more time and do more things on your car as compared to when the load is more.

I think at this price, considering their quality and other options available in market they still do a good job.
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 12:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Really surprised that they let this happen. Wasn't the owner Anurag there? Generally he keeps supervising the work and point out the areas left to clean. I did notice that without him around the workers had a tendency to relax a bit.
He wasn't there yesterday evening. Even I noticed this that about I week back I visited the workshop to get a quote, Anurag was there and the staffs body language was very proactive and they were not rushing off. Probably his presence does make a difference.
kumargandharva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2014, 12:29   #39
BHPian

I visited the 3m car care center yesterday to get the interior and exterior wax/polish done for my 2005 black Chevy Optra.
It was quite a pleasurable experience, I really liked the attention to detail by the folks.

Thanks Anurag, Naresh, and not to forget Gagan (from 3m) who was there yesterday when I reached early at 930am.

The car definitely looks totally amazing post the shine treatment, all swirl marks gone as well!

You will need some time there, so be prepared. I was in their lounge getting my work done over laptop and phone while my car was being pampered.
Old 9th March 2014, 00:58   #40
BHPian

Quote:

7K is too expensive, but depends on the quality of the wrap. Look for IDE autoworks. They have good and VFM wraps.
Old 9th March 2014, 01:09   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
7K is too expensive, but depends on the quality of the wrap. Look for IDE autoworks. They have good and VFM wraps.
How much should it ideally cost for the roof alone?
Old 28th March 2014, 21:40   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to 3M after a lot of highway drives. Agra, Aligarh and Punjab were covered in the space of 10 days.

The car was the dirtiest I've seen it in a long time! The unseasonal rains all along the highway from Delhi to Chandigarh made it absolutely filthy. The high speed drive on the Yamuna Expressway resulted in a lot of bug splatter on the front bumper which was difficult to remove with a wash.

The 3M guys had to wash it and then use a multipurpose cleaner to clean the specific tar marks and bug marks.

This was my last visit to this 3M centre as I am planning to drive back to Bangalore next month.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9783.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9785.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9786.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9787.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9788.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9792.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9797.jpg

I got the car washed and waxed as it had been a while since I've got it waxed. It was an expensive service! 1449/- including taxes which I felt was on the higher side. But these are 3M rates and nothing to be done about it.

Overall, I left the 3M centre happy as they have helped me maintain my car well over the past 6 months.

My car is looking almost as good as it was when it came to Delhi 6 months back. There are many more minor scratches (due to dust and people leaning on the car at parking lots, etc...) but overall I'm happy with the way the car is looking.

It's 4 years old and 84,500 kms.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9806.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9807.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9808.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9810.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_9815.jpg

Ended my relationship with these guys by buying some chocolates and distributing it to all the guys working there. Good bunch of guys and hope they maintain the same standards.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 28th March 2014 at 21:44.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 19:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Its cheaper in Delhi if the service was the same , Biraj just got it done for his Linea and he quoted the cost as approx 1100 + tax which is a bit strange as i would assume rates would be the same across all of them , or alternatively if they classified your car as bigger than the Linea and charged more which also does not really add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I got the car washed and waxed as it had been a while since I've got it waxed. It was an expensive service! 1449/- including taxes which I felt was on the higher side. But these are 3M rates and nothing to be done about it.

Old 30th March 2014, 20:14   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

It's 4 years old and 84,500 kms.

Ended my relationship with these guys by buying some chocolates and distributing it to all the guys working there. Good bunch of guys and hope they maintain the same standards.
That is one good looking and very well maintained Civic Nikhil!

No doubt 3M is costlier than competition but I love their quality of work, attention to detail and finesse. No work is done in hurry to deliver the car but a meticulous effort given-in by the staff so that nothing is left untouched.

I liked the way you ended the relationship with them! Hats-off and that is a nice encouragement to them as they will work better (Not that they don't but such people boost their morale). Salute to you buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Its cheaper in Delhi if the service was the same , Biraj just got it done for his Linea and he quoted the cost as approx 1100 + tax which is a bit strange as i would assume rates would be the same across all of them, or alternatively if they classified your car as bigger than the Linea and charged more which also does not really add up.
You are right I guess the Linea would be classified a class lesser than the civic but then there should be a decent difference in pricing also. I assume 1100 + taxes = 1250-1300?!

Here in Hyderabad, the same treatment i.e., Foam wash + waxing = 1448 (incl of all taxes).

Shall find out why there is a price difference, IIRC rates are to be standard all over India.

Anurag.
Old 30th March 2014, 20:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

My point is actually the opposite , as a segment the car is lower but when it comes to the 3M classification they should be the same - which is LARGE and hence the same charges should apply to both , the only thing i can think of is they classified the civic in an even bigger category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You are right I guess the Linea would be classified a class lesser than the civic but then there should be a decent difference in pricing also. I assume 1100 + taxes = 1250-1300?!

Last edited by puchoo : 30th March 2014 at 20:17.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks