Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 22:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)

I've always wanted to come across a Passionate Person when it comes to Detailing, albeit not on his own car but others. Living in the Hub of Car Accessories Shops, Lajpat Nagar I daily come across instances of a new Car being Buffed with a 3M Finishing Compound or something else in the name of Teflon Coating at Rates as high as 1500 to 2000. Since my Ecosport's Quotation had a Package for Paint Protection and Underbody at a total of Rs. 8000 I decided to opt out and very seriously checked out NOTORIOUS's Facebook Page and indeed I had a like-minded guy who can Professionally Undertake the Initial Paint Protection to my Liking and Cost Factors since I'm more of a Fan of DIY thingy with a not-so-expensive Range of Products.

My Experience as a Customer and as an Detailing Enthusiast shall follow in the next post, this one will solely focus on the Required Content.

Sparkle Detailing
Brainchild of BHPian NOTORIOUS Officially Jaspreet Singh Rattan

Offerings
  • Exterior Car Detailing - Waterless Wash, Claying & Degreasing, Rubbing, Waxing, Paint Sealants, Polishing and Certain High-end Treatments
  • Interior Detailing - Leather Upholstery, Plastic Trims and Fabrics
  • Engine Dressing, Alloys Detailing and Other related things.
  • Also Sells Detailing Products and certain Brands which aren't available in Delhi Stores apart from his Own Mix & Match Formulations.

USP's
  • Passionate about Detailing, lived upto my Expectations
  • Undertakes One Job at a Time and also Provision for Door-Step Detailing.
  • Attention to Detail.

Pricing
  • Compared to what I was quoted by Dealership and what I've read about Corporate run Detailers, I found his quote within my Budget. (Further details in next post)
  • Price Points can be worked upon based on which Brand's Products you want to Choose.

What I Like
  • Good Range of Polisher Pads and Microfibers Available at Disposal for ensuring Right Pad for the Right Job.
  • Carries brands such as Meguiar's, Menzerna, Optimum, Collinite, Carpro et al other than Mass Market Brands.
  • Carries out the Job in a Covered Environment and also provides Door-Step Service.

Where they can Improve
  • I wanted a Cheap Underbody Treatment, they don't undertake these Jobs.
  • Appointment at times can take few days more.

Contact Details
Sparkle Detailing | Contact Person: Jaspreet Singh Rattan (Team BHP Handle - NOTORIOUS)
At: +91 9818465071

New Location: 0B, Rajendra Place, Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi, 110008

Where to be Found: Door-Step Service is Available but Otherwise he Undertakes the job at Motor Concept, Kirti Nagar
Facebook Business Page: https://www.facebook.com/SparkleDetailing
Email: jas0077@gmail.com

Disclaimer: Being a member of the forum for long now, I'm well versed with the rules and hereby declare that I'm no-where Commercially Affiliated with the Said Concern and this Thread is a Result of a Satisfied Experience. Owing to my stance towards an Ethical & Neutral Conduct for a Healthy Forum, this Disclaimer wasn't warranted in my own thinking but certain Previous Instances compelled me to put this up!
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-img_5303.jpg  

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-img_5252.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 25th May 2019 at 21:53. Reason: Updated the location
tsk13 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 23:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)

The Car in Concern is a Ford Ecosport, Chill Colour and a Week old. The Dealership guys as we all know sprinkle all sorts of Greasy Solutions on the Tyres and Plastic Trims to give that Wet Look but eventually it becomes a Dust Magnet and further, Windshield and Windows had Oily Stains due to a Greasy Cloth used to Wipe them.

On the first Sunday after Delivery, I washed the Car with Sonax Car Shampoo and removed all the Greasy Stains and leftovers I could find on the car eventually preparing it for the Paint Protection Treatment due next day with Jaspreet at Motor Concept. I preferred going over there since it was my First Time with a Professional Detailer and I wanted to gain first-hand knowledge about the Brands, Pads and other related things which I knew were at his disposal and otherwise seen or heard on the Forum itself.
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-dsc_0597.jpg

Reached there by 12 Noon on Monday since I knew Monday being a Lean Day, rush will be less at Motor Concept and otherwise, Detailing Jobs are only as per Appointment.

I had conveyed before hand to Jaspreet that I need a Cheaper Solution since I will regularly Wax the Car myself in Future and the Solution decided included Waterless Wash, Claying, Waxing and Sealant Application apart from Glass Cleaning and Tyre Dressing which were asked there and then only. Total Damage to the Wallet was 3000 Bucks but worth the price as the pictures convey.

First, a Paint Thickness Meter was used to understand the Paint Job at various panels.
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-dsc_0544.jpg

He insisted to remove Ecosport's Spare Wheel to detail the Boot but I was initially against the very idea, in sort the 'Chalta Hai' attitude but had to give-in. The car was Clayed, Wiped and then Collinite 845 Wax was applied and allowed to dry for 45 Minutes and during this time, the Components were being installed.
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-dsc_0543.jpg

My Dad was totally against a Polisher being used to Buff the Car and Jaspreet used a Microfiber to Manually Buff the Wax off. I thought Collinite 845 to be an easy Buff Job but it remotely reminded me of the Waxpol debacle I had on my Santro due to Overshooting the Appropriate Drying Time.
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-dsc_0574.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-dsc_0577.jpg

Upon the Wax Job, Jaspreet used some Silica based Sealant to ensure lasting sheen and gloss of the Job. Well, I really don't know what exactly Paint Protection means in Technical Terms but I never wanted the use of Abrasives in my Treatment and thankfully none was included nor needed.
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-dsc_0581.jpg

What I really appreciate was Attention to Detail when he even cleaned the inner edges of the Rear Wind-shield, a store house for Dust.

The Result
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-dsc_0603.jpg

After preparing the car, we headed to Delhi War Cemetery for a Photo-Shoot since I wanted a Good Location for my yet-to-come Ownership Review. This Cemetery in Delhi Cantonment is a Peaceful Place and an Artistically Planned Creation. Respect to All the Soldiers from the Pre-Independence Era resting there.
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-dsc_0674.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-img_5271.jpg

It was a Delightful Experience since this being the first new car in the family, Jaspreet did a Fabulous Job and the Photoshoot Pictures came out very well! I had always admired Team BHP Official Reviews and I eventually managed to copy some of their Angles for my Ownership Review
Attached Thumbnails
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-img_5316.jpg  

Last edited by tsk13 : 4th December 2013 at 23:43.
tsk13 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 00:28   #3
BHPian

Looks fantastic!! How long is the paint protection expected to last before it needs a touch-up? How consistent was the paint thickness across panels before the treatment and was there any difference in thickness before and after the treatment?

Sorry for so many questions, but I just had to ask them!
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 01:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, your car looks great!

91microns is thin paint, general rule of thumb is avoid compounding if the paint thickness is below 100microns. If possible please get a read out from Jas on what the paint thickness is on every panel, I'm a bit shocked to see Ford skimping on paint
SunnyBoi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 11:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
First, a Paint Thickness Meter was used to understand the Paint Job at various panels.

It was a Delightful Experience since this being the first new car in the family, Jaspreet did a Fabulous Job and the Photoshoot Pictures came out very well! I had always admired Team BHP Official Reviews and I eventually managed to copy some of their Angles for my Ownership Review
Congrats on your car, it looks shiney as mirror after the job. Woth your wait .

Wow, a Paint Thickness Meter to guage the work needed on different panels? Sounds interesting but does it actually matter unless hard buffing is there?
Old 5th December 2013, 14:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Looks fantastic!! How long is the paint protection expected to last before it needs a touch-up? How consistent was the paint thickness across panels before the treatment and was there any difference in thickness before and after the treatment?

Sorry for so many questions, but I just had to ask them!
See, since I'm in Delhi I'm most prone to Scorching Summer and not Salt or Snow Residues so in my case, it should last longer but how long, that shall be answered in due course of time. Maybe another BHPian can comment better.

Paint Thickness varies across various Panels since he checked the same at various points, overall even he pointed that the Thickness is less but I don't remember the figures much since I was more surprised seeing the Instruments than taking the readings.

Paint thickness wasn't measured after the treatment but shall try the next time to see if Wax helps add some Microns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Congratulations, your car looks great!

91microns is thin paint, general rule of thumb is avoid compounding if the paint thickness is below 100microns. If possible please get a read out from Jas on what the paint thickness is on every panel, I'm a bit shocked to see Ford skimping on paint
Thanks a lot SunnyBoi! I'll meet him soon to buy Collinite 845 from him and ask him to bring the Instrument along to gather the data, shall post then.

Even he was surprised at the figures but I'm yet to understand how much of a difference it makes. What I comprehend is that this particular Colour (Chill) has a lighter tone hence, less coats to achieve the desired results. I maybe wrong though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Congrats on your car, it looks shiney as mirror after the job. Woth your wait .

Wow, a Paint Thickness Meter to guage the work needed on different panels? Sounds interesting but does it actually matter unless hard buffing is there?
Thanks a lot Jacs! I'm happy at being a BHPian, it saved me from the Roadside Polish Wallas.

Since I'm a layman, it won't matter much to me unless hard buffing is there but even then, I don't think it'll make much of a difference even with hard buffing unless one over-buffs and burns the paint.

Further, if Wet-Sanding is required then the Paint Thickness is actually of great importance. His Facebook page had a pic of a Black Merc whose Bonnet I think was Wet Sanded, it came out very well.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 21:30   #7
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. The car looks gorgeous, it is an interesting color choice. Normally people opt for White, Chill Red etc.

By the way can you post the Dry Film Thickness (DFT) of the paint on various locations? It would be interesting to know. In my opinion, all horizontal and vertical panels will be of uniform thickness. Because they will be painted with robots. There will be difference in panel and door edges.

Looking forward your ownership thread.
Old 7th December 2013, 02:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations tsk13 on your new ride.

So what components did Aman install for you, details please.
Old 7th December 2013, 12:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Had a talk with the gentleman. Seemed a very nice professional guy. Will definitely give him a dekko for my car/bike detailing needs soon.
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 22:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Congratulations on your new car. The car looks gorgeous, it is an interesting color choice. Normally people opt for White, Chill Red etc.

By the way can you post the Dry Film Thickness (DFT) of the paint on various locations? It would be interesting to know. In my opinion, all horizontal and vertical panels will be of uniform thickness. Because they will be painted with robots. There will be difference in panel and door edges.

Looking forward your ownership thread.
MaxTorque, I will do the needful at the earliest. Further, thanks for mentioning the term DFT, an addition to my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Congratulations tsk13 on your new ride.

So what components did Aman install for you, details please.
Khoj Ji, thanks a lot Sir! Installed Kicker ES65.2 Components in the car. I had actually taken my old Sub, Amp and Wiring for installation but just couldn't witness all the scrapping of panels and drilling holes from the engine bay, eventually called it off! They had undertaken the job earlier on Ecosports so Expertise and Ability wasn't questionable but I just couldn't witness that. Asked Aman (from Motor Concept) to just upgrade Front Speakers to Components and that too Budget ones but capable of delivering Good Bass. He shortlisted Kicker and Polk for me, auditioned both and found Kicker to be more clear. Further, instead of MDF Rings I went in for WaterGuard Plastic Rings. Total upgrade costed around 6k!
Old 21st October 2016, 22:43   #11
BHPian

Was back at Dazzle today for the 2nd post six months decontamination session included with Max Protect UNCR.

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-act2.png

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-act3.png

The water-spot type etchings that had formed on the bonnet (IMO due to ProKlear WWC drying up) were also taken care of.

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-act1.png

Also picked up more of their self formulated QD. It's bloody good!

Got decanted quantities of Meguiar's APC, D120 glass cleaner and Hyperdressing too.

Thank you! @Jaspreet from helping me source Hyperwash after my ordered one gallon container was damaged by Amazon transportation and the seller delisted the product indefinitely.
Old 22nd October 2016, 08:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

I can see that the people involved are wearing heavy buckled belts. I can't see how they can possibly avoid scraping the paint.
Old 25th May 2019, 19:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

So our 10 days old Baleno had poor luck, the car was parked some where and i think some wall painting was being done nearby. Next morning when i saw the car, i was shocked and heartbroken to see the entire car covered in fine yellow mist of paint. It was every where, paint, glasses, plastic parts everywhere.

I took my car to 3M first since i was interested in getting anti rust and ppf on some parts, i showed them the car and they said that only Trizact can remove these spots. I argued saying trizact is for old cars and clay might help but they were not ready for that, they were more interested in hard selling ppf on entire car, silencer coat and what not, dejected, i came back home.

Then i called Jaspreet and told him about it, like the fact that he told me first thing that he does not want to do compounding since its a new car and the paint quality on Maruti's is average. He said he would try claying and only if that does not help, would he look for other options.

I handed over my car for stage 1 ceramic coat, i am not too much into product details and technicals so you can ask him about it, just trusted the man for this job.
It took him ages to clay and remove those paint spots but he did it, as he had told me, he did not do any sanding or hard compounding to remove those. It took him 5-7 hours to just remove those paint spots using clay.

He had called me in the morning that the car had gathered a small 1cm nick while it was being worked on, even he did not know how it happened, I understand such things can happen but he was very upfront about it and offered to get it fixed at any cost, it was too small to bother me so i let it pass for the 6 month inspection.

When i saw the car, i was relieved and very happy. All those spots had gone and the car was gleaming, better than on delivery day. Extremely happy with the results, he knows his job and very pleasant to deal with. As for the cost, for me, it was a great deal compared to what 3M people were asking me to do.
All my cars are going to him from now, thank you for your help and saving my new car Jaspreet.

Also, he has shifted his place now, the new address is : 10B, Rajendra Place, Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi, 110008
+91 98184 65071
Posting pics of the car covered with yellow paint and post treatment, all are raw unedited images clicked by my iPhone.

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1558792070.924367.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1558792091.842032.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1558792103.230934.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1558792118.197423.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1558792131.528557.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1558792144.609369.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1558792159.456622.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1558792171.906751.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1558792184.528736.jpg
Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1558792196.402480.jpg
coolboy007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 11:18   #14
BHPian

Re: Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailing (Delhi)

Hey Guys -

Just wanted to post a quick review and thank you note for the two brothers - Jaspreet and Gurpreet of Dazzle Detailers (the name on the thread needs to be changed, since they're not called Sparkle Detailing any longer. They're now Dazzle Detailing Studio.

I took my Endeavour literally from the showroom to Dazzle. The Delhi Ford yard /unloading area is a very unforgiving place and poor new cars are exposed to a host of the usual dangers - tree sap, bird poop, dirty rags, dust, rain and what not. Before taking delivery, I had already setup an appointment with Jas and had passed on his clear instruction to the showroom folks - please do not let anyone touch the paint, I will take delivery of a dirty car. And so I did, after signing off on a piece of paper - "I have instructed the showroom to not clean my car before delivery".

So, I drove my dirty, new car, negotiating the treacherous Delhi traffic to 10B, Rajinder Place. It was a nerve wracking experience since I jumped from a Hatch to the large Endy.

The thing that immediately strikes you about these two brothers is that they know a thing or two about detailing. I immediately felt that the car is in good hands and it was worth paying the price to lock the factory paint in and to try and protect the new baby from what it will be put through for the next 10 years.

Dazzle has its own dedicated space within a larger garage for premium cars - Patel Auto. They've got ample room to work in and is pretty neat, clean and tidy. The waiting lounge is also air conditioned and comfortable. They are the only authorized guys in Delhi for Max Protect UNC-R coating I believe.

Once Gurpreet explained what he intends to do on the car and also gave me a walk around the car showing in minute details all the defects that were already present on the brand new car (some scratches here and there, some dots that looked like tree sap initially, but were later confirmed to be paint defect, some blue pearls in Ford's so called absolute black paint), I was on my way. They would keep the car for the next 2-3 days while they work their magic and I was begrudgingly ok with it, (even if it meant staying away from my new baby for that long) only because I was excited about what the car would look like post the treatment.

On D day, I went over at the agreed upon time, family in tow to collect the newest member of our family. And boy!! Black bear was standing there looking like a new bride. What a shine Gurpreet had put on her. I was "dazzled" and fearful at the same time. Dazzled for the shine, but frightened thinking what I would need to do to maintain the car in exactly the same way I was getting it back over the next many years. Only time will tell if I am able to do justice to Gurpreet's impeccable work.

Overall, I highly recommend the two brothers for what they've given me and am thankful to them for the wonderful job they painstakingly did.

I'll let the shine do the talking now. Also, including some pictures of the UNC-R application and decontamination process.

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20190604-5.07.55-pm.jpeg

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20190604-5.22.57-pm.jpeg

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20190604-5.23.01-pm.jpeg

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20190604-5.23.05-pm.jpeg

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20190604-5.23.09-pm.jpeg

This is how its done.

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20190604-4.42.53-pm.jpeg

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20190604-4.42.55-pm.jpeg

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20190604-4.42.56-pm-1.jpeg

Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20190604-4.42.56-pm.jpeg
rovingeye is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 18:57   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi)

Has this place shut down? I’ve been calling the mobile number given here but no one answers

Most Viewed