Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2014, 22:56   #1
BHPian

Car Repairs & Maintenance: Rama Automobiles (Sheikh Sarai, New Delhi)

Introduction :- My Scorpio had just crossed the 60 k mark, and the extended warranty had expired in Oct 13. So was looking to get the service done outside the Mahindra ASCs. Reviews of the known Multi Brand Car ASCs like Carnation were not too encouraging. Looked around on the net and found a you tube video of this place. Looked reasonable, and since it was just a routine service, decided to give it a try.

The Place:- Much better than the regular 'Friendly Neighbourhood Garages' operating by the road side with little real estate to boast of. The place is fairly big and well equipped, with seperate bays for service, body work and washing. Infact, the facilities here compare favourably to some of the Mahindra ASCs i have seen.

The Experience:- Nice. Courteous and prompt staff. Quickly got on with the job, and handed over the car to me in 3 hours. Most of the consumables like oils and filters are stocked in the spares section. For specific requirements, like a bumper part in my case, people were quickly dispatched to source them from Kashmiri Gate.

The Best Part:- Without an iota of doubt, the service charges. The consumables were charged at MRP, and the labour charges for the entire service were Rs. 200. Yes, thats right, 200. I am sure even the road side FNGs will charge more. For the kind of service / facilities offered, i really feel the pricing is simply brilliant. The total charges for the service were Rs 7010, comprising of Engine Oil (6.5 ltrs, Rs 2100), Coolant (2 ltrs, Rs 560), Diesel filter (Bosch, Rs 1200), Rubbing and polishing (Rs 750) and other stuff like wiper blades, differential oil etc .

Recommendation:- For regular service, strongly recommended. For specific defects, you will have to try your own luck and find out for yourself how good and knowledgeable the mechanics are.

Address:-

B-102, Panchsheel Vihar, Behind Triveni Complex
Sheikh Sarai Phase-1 (Near Apj School Malviya Nagar)
Delhi - 110017

011-66450940
nvldvr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed