Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2014, 18:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Auto Paint Shop - RM Paints (Delhi)

Headline
RM Paints is a specialty Auto Paints shop in New Delhi.

Why go there?
A one-stop shop if you care about the quality of materials used and save money on your next paint job.

Shop front:
Auto Paint Shop - RM Paints (Delhi)-front-view.jpg

Address: R.M. Paints
Shop No A-725, Tansit Camp, Near C LAL Chowk, Govind Puri-Kalkaji, Delhi - 110019
Contact Phone: 9999914238, 9999914237

Contact Name: Mr. Mahesh (Proprietor)

Coordinates: 28.534392,77.26806

Shop timings:
Monday to Saturday : 10 AM to 7 PM
Sunday: 10 AM to 1:00 PM

Map:
Auto Paint Shop - RM Paints (Delhi)-map-view.jpg

Goods sold: All kinds of Paint consumables such as :
Auto paints - metallic and non-metallic
Clear Coat solution
Hardener solution
Auto Putty
Body Filler (Bondo)
Rubbing compound
Polish
Different types of Thinners
Different grades of Abrasive/Emery paper
Masking tape
Thin Cotton Cloth (Dhoti)

Any other Service Offered:
He owns spray painting equipment - which can be rented by the hour/job. Talk to him for specifics. Normally he rents to local reident dent/paint jobbers.

What I like:
1) He will match the paint colour to your car's colour. He has a three-stage process.
a) Give him the Paint code of your car. Normally this is available inside the engine bay , etched on a metal tag attached to the firewall.
b) He will prepare the Paint by entering the code into a computer program.
c) Then he will go to your car, and visually compare the paint mix, to the actual colour. Then using small quantities of the three primary colours he will refine the mix, to obtain as close a match as possible. This is done by matching the shade to different spots all around the car.

2) He will offer you variety in terms of quality of materials ...
example - you can choose between 3M abrasive paper or the local kind, or you can choose between Dupont paint thinner or the ordinary kind.

3) Paint set : On request he will make up a set of Paint+Hardener+Thinner+Clear Coat in the quantities required and offer you that as a package. It is a little less intimidating to buy the set, rather than buying individual quantities of each - because you may or may not know the exact ratios in which these ingredients are required.

What I don't like:
1) The shop front is rather dilapidated - does not inspire as much confidence as say a Dulux/Asian Paints (home paint) outlet.

2) Inadequate parking space.
Ma-Anandamayee Marg is usually full of heavy traffic and a no-parking zone. The service road adj. is choked with encroachments. The lane in front of the shop is very narrow and there is hardly any space. Your best bet is to park the car on Ma-Anandamayee Marg itself. Then dash over to the shop to ask him for a 'safe' location to park. My understanding is there is some arrangement the shop has with the traffic police, so that vehicles which have legitimate business with the shop do not get towed away.

3) Overpowering smell of paint, thinners and various other chemicals
If you have any sort of medical condition that requires avoidance of such smells, please stay away.
joybhowmik is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 20:51   #2
BHPian

Re: Auto Paint Shop - RM Paints (Delhi)

Upon looking at so many new threads for painters I'm confused where to head, I need to get rear bumper of my Chevy Aveo re-painted, couple of fenders have scratch marks and just today hit the door on corner stone while parking in a tight space. Had tried Bright Motors Okhla last year but the results were not so good as bumper developed color difference, color fading within few months. I am ready to spend for quality work but would want perfect paint match and lasting work. Please advise I'm ready to go anywhere in Delhi NCR. Also have been seeing a page on FB called https://www.facebook.com/AutoBeatCarSpa has anybody given them a try?
Old 3rd May 2014, 21:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Paint Shop - RM Paints (Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Upon looking at so many new threads for painters I'm confused where to head, I need to get rear bumper of my Chevy Aveo re-painted, couple of fenders have scratch marks and just today hit the door on corner stone while parking in a tight space.
Yogiii
IMHO, If like most you prefer to outsource the entire paint process-either because you do not have time or because you do not think you can add value personally, your best bet is the A.S.S., followed by independent workshops.

If however, you understand the paint process well, and you are willing to take the risk of getting the car painted on a T&M basis (i.e. your materials, labour on actuals) , then shops like RM paints would be useful.

It's your call. There are quite a few good painters in the general South Delhi area - who can offer you a package deal. Why don't you take a cost estimate from them and compare that to A.S.S. - as a first step?
While you are there, you can also compare the quality of work done.

For more , please visit the t-bhp directory for delhi ref painters- as I said you will find a bunch. Happy hunting !
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed