Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2014, 19:25   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)

Work handled:

Duplicates automotive keys, repairs remote key units for central locking systems.

What I like:
  • Competent work
  • Can handle systems on most common cars on Indian roads
  • At-your-doorstep service within Gurgaon
What I don't like:
  • Parking issues where he is located
  • What you may not like: Not your polished English-speaking kind of fellow

Pricing:
  • Reasonable. Amenable to bargaining. Charges more for doorstep service.
What I have used his services for:

He provided doorstep service when a friend's Fortuner refused to unlock and start, with the central locking system remote malfunctioning.

Kishanlal also sells tyres of most common brands and sizes, and provides wheel balancing & alignment services. I have bought tyres from him a number of times, and have known him for the last 15+ years.

Contact information:
  • Kishanlal Chawla can be reached on +91-98118-36940
  • GPS coordinates: 28.462710, 77.032273
Photographs:

Signboard

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-dsc_0624.jpg

Kishanlal Chawla

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-dsc_0623.jpg

Key blanks displayed

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-dsc_0617.jpg

Key duplicating machines

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-dsc_0616.jpg

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-dsc_0615.jpg

OBD reader equipment used

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-dsc_0620.jpg

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-dsc_0619.jpg

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-dsc_0618.jpg

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 19th December 2014 at 19:27.
SS-Traveller is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 15:05   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)

Man, this guy goes the whole nine yards . I've never seen a chabiwala with such an elaborate setup.

If SS-Traveller likes him, you can bet he's good. Thanks for sharing the hidden gem . It's the exact purpose of the Team-BHP Directory.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 15:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Help me understand this - does he duplicate the keys of immobilizer equipped cars like Swift too? What do those OBD readers do? This is interesting to know.

The rest of his stuff is pretty standard.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 16:59   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Help me understand this - does he duplicate the keys of immobilizer equipped cars like Swift too? What do those OBD readers do?
He can replace damaged chips inside the key/remote (such as after water immersion), and then code the chip to allow the ECM to read the chip and unlock the engine immobilizer. So making a new duplicate key with another chip inside it, which is programmed similarly, should not be a problem.

The OBD readers are used to connect the chip to the ECM via the OBD port and program the chip. Not sure exactly how he programs it, but the different readers have separate softwares in them for different car makes and models.
SS-Traveller is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 06:21   #5
BANNED

That is some great stuff. I might get a secondary flippy key made from him as the misers at VW decide that a single flippy key is enough for GT owners.
Do you think that the immobilizer can be duplicated without breaking the key?
Old 22nd December 2014, 09:36   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Do you think that the immobilizer can be duplicated without breaking the key?
I guess the best thing to do would be to call up and ask him. I have very little idea of how or whether it can be done, along with practically zero experience of VW electronics.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 15:53   #7
BHPian

I used this chap's services for cutting the flippy key which I had ordered from china for Honda Brio.

Pro's
  1. Methodical approach. Checked the chassis and key no. of the vehicle and used software to proceed
  2. Well equipped. Had a funky looking machine to cut keys with a tablet attached to it. Knew how to use it well
  3. Offered to make a separate remote incase I wanted to retain my original key as well which I politely declined
  4. Good customer service. Assembled the key nicely, stuck the monogram, checked it multiple times in all locks and then finally asked me to check the key to my satisfaction as well.

Con's
  1. Located in the most congested area of gurgaon. Though parking is not an issue, he has ample space in front of his shop reserved for customers only
  2. Even after using all the fancy machines and gadgetry the key got stuck in the cylinder and he had to resort to manual filing finally after multiple passes on the machine to make it work smoothly. Big letdown for me

Other concerns
  1. Did not ask for any ID or contact details from me which was surprising. I thought it was mandatory to ask for such identification when duplicating a vehicle key
  2. I found him to be very expensive. He did not intimate me the cost before hands and I was mentally prepared to pay upto 300 bucks. He charged me 500 bucks which I think is very steep since I had provided the key. I may be out of sync because last time I got a key duplicated was years ago for a Maruti Alto which costed 65 bucks including the cost of key.

Overall, I would still highly recommend this place if you want top workmanship and equipment for duplicating keys.

Some pics of my stylish key fob to show off. Not bad for a total cost of INR 1100?

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-img_20150317_124839315.jpg
The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-img_20150317_124850987.jpg
The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-img_20150317_124909292.jpg

Cheers
Vishwas
vishwaschettri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2015, 15:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
I used this chap's services for cutting the flippy key which I had ordered from china for Honda Brio.

I found him to be very expensive. He did not intimate me the cost before hands and I was mentally prepared to pay upto 300 bucks. He charged me 500 bucks which I think is very steep since I had provided the key.
O Boy! Charging Rs.500 for duplication of a key is a daylight robbery, especially since your key fob must have come with a blank blade to carve the key impression onto.

Seems the key maker is in competition with gurgaon real estate. Or probably, he charges by looking at the car.

I got my keyfob for Swift from aliexpress and paid a cool Rs.100 for the key duplication at Model Town market, Delhi.

O.T: While getting a duplicate key, it is preferable to go in another car with a friend so that(in worst case scenario) the key maker or his workers are unable to identify the car for any hanky panky. So, while they can duplicate an additional key or immobilizer chip, they cannot identify the car. Just being cautious.
Old 30th September 2015, 11:05   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
He can replace damaged chips inside the key/remote (such as after water immersion), and then code the chip to allow the ECM to read the chip and unlock the engine immobilizer. So making a new duplicate key with another chip inside it, which is programmed similarly, should not be a problem.

The OBD readers are used to connect the chip to the ECM via the OBD port and program the chip. Not sure exactly how he programs it, but the different readers have separate softwares in them for different car makes and models.
I think I'll make a visit one of these days. One of the remotes of my sister's car is not working due to water/moisture that swept in accidentally.
Old 14th July 2019, 13:06   #10
BHPian

Couple of days ago, the buttons on remote key for my xcent stopped working.

I removed the silicon cover to check. Rubber was completely damaged. See picture attached.

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-screenshot_20190714124207358_com.miui.gallery.png

Went to Chawla Chaabi Wala (location was difficult to track) and got the rubber replaced. Not posting any picture because its good as new. Cost- INR 150/-

Got the battery replaced as well. Paid INR 150/- for Panasonic. This is the first time I got battery replaced in 5 years.

One of these days, I took out the spare key (which I never otherwise used in last 5 years) and to my surprise while it was able to lock/unlock the car, it was not able to start the car (key was not linked to immobiliser). Called the Hyundai service advisor and was told that I will need to get both keys to service center as they will need twitching. Estimated cost INR 400-500/-. And this can't be done on a Sunday as Hyundai India is not working and a six digit code comes from Hyundai itself.

Since, I was already going to Chwala Chaabi Wala, I decided to get it done from here. First they checked my RC and driving licence to confirm that I own the car.

Then they checked if spare key had the sensor or will they need to install sensor as well. Luckily, sensor was present in the key fob, so only twitching was required.

They connected their equipment to OBD and installed the six digit code. See picture below.

The Tech-savvy Chabiwala for Keys & Remotes - Kishanlal (Gurgaon)-screenshot_20190714124320564_com.miui.gallery.png

I was charged INR 400/- for twitching both keys. Yes, both keys need to be twitched again. All in all a good experience. Thumbs up to OP for sharing this with us.

Last edited by rahul_goyal : 14th July 2019 at 13:09.
rahul_goyal is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks