Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2023, 20:38   #181
BHPian

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 67, Noida)

World of Service to my Rescue

Dear BHPians,

I’m writing this heartfelt (slightly longish) post to vent my relief following a very bad car service experience and the subsequent positive turnaround. The contents below come with a ‘long-post’ warning – may not be suitable for readers with limited patience and time.

Let’s start - I very recently got my Maruti Ertiga serviced from (supposedly) one of the best MASSes in Delhi NCR. What should have ideally been a reasonably fuss-free annual service soon unfolded into a bad nightmare. Post-service and after taking delivery of my vehicle from the said MASS I experienced a very unpleasant and irritating creaking noise from the front side while applying brakes. The sound became progressively worse and I took it back to the same authorised service centre the next day. On preliminary diagnosis I was told that maybe the caliper pins were not installed properly during the service and they will redo the brake cleaning process as well. I was informed the same evening that the issue is resolved and I can collect the vehicle. But it was not to be – the noise surfaced immediately - within a couple of minutes of taking the car for a test run. It was again ushered into the service bay and the service personnel requested for more time to look into the issue. I took a cab back home, very disappointed on the wasted time and effort.

The entire next day was spent in diagnosing the issue and I was informed in the evening that the front left wheel and bearing would have to be replaced to get rid of the sound. I enquired as to why this was required since the vehicle was niggle-free when I had given it for service. They provided the same old script about wear and tear and that things can sometimes happen unpredictably with a running vehicle. Fast forward to the next day and I was informed in the afternoon that the necessary repairs have been done and the sound has gone for good. The bill amount was approx. Rs. 4000. The test run was okay and I was happy to see the vehicle in its former glory. But the happiness was short-lived. The creaking noise reappeared the next day and the sound seemed much more amplified than before. Along with it came a new ‘khat khat’ noise from the front whenever the vehicle went over bumps. Tired and frustrated I contacted a senior Maruti personnel who suggested that I get the vehicle to the MASS’ parent workshop in Delhi and the matter will be taken on priority by the best personnel on the floor. Half of the next morning was spent navigating the ruthless traffic of Delhi and when I finally reached the ‘God of MASSes’ I was pleasantly surprised to see that a service advisor was waiting for me at the gate with the entire history of my vehicle. I was courteously assured regarding quick resolution of the problem and that I should not worry. The journey from the MASS to my workplace was equally bad traffic-wise and I was exhausted when I finally reached my destination around lunch-time.

The next afternoon I received a call from my service advisor who indicated that the following jobs have to be performed to resolve the issues:
A) Replacement of front right wheel hub and bearing for the ‘creaking while braking’ sound
B) Replacement of the rear engine mount for the newly acquired ‘khat khat’ sound

I gave the go-ahead since I was assured that the problem(s) will be eliminated for good. The same evening I was told that while the hub and bearing have been replaced the engine mount is out of stock and it would take a couple of days to arrive. After two days I was informed by another service advisor (since the primary person was on leave due to sickness) that the part has been fixed and the vehicle is running smoothly and is perfectly noise-free. Happy and excited I left for MASS and took delivery of the vehicle after an uneventful test run of around 5 km and after settling the bill (slightly north of Rs. 6000 after loyalty discount). However, after driving further for 15 kms or so it became clear that fate had other plans for me and my Ertiga. Though the ‘khat khat’ sound had vanished the ‘creaking while braking’ returned with a vengeance. I had lost all mental and physical energy to turn back towards the service centre. I drove home and contemplated all possible (unreasonable) things that a frustrated and tired mind can cough up – sell the vehicle, replace the entire braking and suspension system, try to live with the sound, turn and pray to God, etc. etc. etc.

I also took Google’s assistance to help me with a place in Delhi NCR where people go when they have lost all hope for issues pertaining to their vehicles. It was then when I landed on Team-BHP’s ‘World of Service (WoS)’ thread and read through all the reviews, mostly highly positive. I had heard of the set-up in the past as well from some of my common contacts and had also spoken to Mr. Anupam, who owns WoS, a couple of years ago regarding some advice. Cut to the present – I quickly connected with Anupam and suddenly my hopes of ending my ordeal were revived. Without wasting time I immediately took the vehicle to WoS that very evening and handed the vehicle to one of their senior technicians, Joginder. During this while I noticed a lot of luxury brands occupying the floor space and I wondered if my modest Ertiga will get the required attention. It did. Joginder and his team, under close supervision of Anupam, started by skimming the front discs of my car and when the noise still didn’t completely go away they suggested checking both front wheel hubs and bearings. I told them about the recent replacements and they said that they will carefully reanalyse and assess to ensure that the problem is permanently resolved.

The next day they confirmed that both hubs appear to be new and they would require more time to understand and fix the issue. The subsequent day I received a call from WoS in the afternoon and was told that the brake noise is gone and I can take my vehicle. Instead of prolonging the telephonic conversation I immediately headed to WoS, elated but a with a bit of scepticism (following my earlier experience). On reaching I was received by another senior technician Virender who told me that they had to work on realigning and re-fitting the new front wheel hubs and related bits since it seems that wasn’t done properly by the MASSes earlier. I immediately went on a test run, accompanied by Joginder. During the longish drive I tried all possible ways to reproduce the ‘creaking while braking’ sound but it did not surface. Ditto during the 20 kms plus drive back home. During this time I also received a call from Anupam to check if everything was fine and I could not resist giving the thumbs up! The next day was uneventful as well. It seems that the ordeal which started after my car’s annual service is now put to rest. The sense of relief is overwhelming and a big thanks to Anupam and his team for restoring my car and my peace of mind.
Following are some of the things I noted about WoS:

1. The owner is highly informed, knowledgeable, and passionate about cars. He treats his customers with utmost courtesy and hospitality. He is genuinely satisfied when his customers are happy.
2. A lot of people trust WoS with their expensive luxury cars without second thought. Yet other modest car brands can also be seen occupying the work floor.
3. Staff members have been around for a while – they are highly competent and know their job well. I’m sure that the company takes good care of them.
4. The floor space is well equipped with basic and advanced tools & machinery as well as adequate number of lifts.
5. WoS does not add layers to what is required in one’s vehicle. They will just tell you what is needed and will not talk about other issues that might / might not be present in your car.
6. The processes starting from diagnosis to repair are transparent and timely updates are provided
7. The service costs seem to be reasonable and way lesser than what authorised centres charge (I was charged less than Rs. 3000 for the tasks performed on my car).

To conclude I can confidently state that WoS has wowed me with the recent experience and they have added another customer to their long list of loyalists. No way am I ever going to think of taking my steeds to any other place, forget authorised service centres. I would also like to highly recommend WoS’ services to fellow BHPians in Delhi NCR (and beyond if possible) so that they are also able to savour the attention and lavish treatment for their cars. Way to go WoS!
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img20230427wa0003_1.jpg  

Sidjohri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 09:40   #182
BHPian

Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 67, Noida)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidjohri View Post
World of Service to my Rescue

Dear BHPians,
I would also like to highly recommend WoS’ services to fellow BHPians in Delhi NCR (and beyond if possible) so that they are also able to savour the attention and lavish treatment for their cars. Way to go WoS!
Great to hear that the issue is resolved for good. Its very difficult to believe MASS up to no good when it comes fixing the issue. Its no wonder, I have no trust in ASS whether its Maruti or for that matter any other manufacturer. Every ASS is bent upon making profits and willing to take recourse to make sure that they profit. Thier sole recourse to fixing the issue is haphazard parts replacement. They dont have the time to spent on finding the root cause of the issue.

I have been using the services of WoS Noida for past 2 years and except for one instance when thier newbie mechanic bungled up leading to a broken air conduit leading from air box to throttle body! What followed was the person who was supervising; apologized to his hearts content and willing to take the ownership of procuring the broken part. Anyways, leaving that instance aside, I have always got my Honda Accord 2008 2.4L AT serviced and got parts replacement done from them. But I always make sure that the procurement of parts is done by me while for the labour job I rely on them.
I would say I am Happy with thier service.
ritedhawan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 09:36   #183
BHPian

Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)

Experience at World of Service, Noida

This was my third visit there over the last 1 year with 2 visits to Hyundai Service Centre in the same period. The difference in work quality is substantial (World of Service is much better than Hyundai), WoS technicians are also very knowledgeable. The first visit was due to a minor dent in the front left hand side door, Hyundai recommended full denting and painting under insurance, WoS took cake of it within 5 minutes. Second was due to a steering problem which was taken care by WoS very well (A similar problem in my father's i10 was handled very poorly by Hyundai Service Centre, leading to 3 visits to service centre). Third was routine service done yesterday which was a very smooth process. The work that has been done is good and the biggest thing is that it is run as a honest business. There are no additional charges for imaginary issues which I have seen been levied at Hyundai service centre. I would recommend this workshop for people who want that their car is taken care of properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img20230515wa00032.jpg  

NG_EV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 10:50   #184
BHPian

Hello Everyone in Noida, NCR.
Just chanced upon this thread. I have been a complete fan of WOS and its owner, Anupam for about 11 years now. Earlier it was my Skoda Laura and post 2017 its been my Audi Q5 (2015 model). Both started off as my 'company cars' and later I bought them when they were three years old at book value. The Laura, as you might have guessed, gave a lot of trouble and Skoda ASS was useless. It was one warm monsoon day back in 2012 when i rang up WOS. I was standing in an ASS workshop holding an estimate of 4 lakhs for cylinder head replacement amoung other things. Anupam organised a flat bed truck which arrived in a couple of hours and my Laura was on its way with most of the smaller engine parts put together in a sack (not joking). To cut the long story, I was handed back the Laura in about 6 days looking like showroom fresh and running butter smooth. I was also handed over a bill of 1.4 lakhs. The cylinder head was re-faced, all cylinders were sleeved, piston rings and valves had been replaced. The car had been serviced oil changed, all filters changed, the car washed and interiors dry cleaned !!! The Audi has only needed the annual servicing and few parts replacement necessitated by the NCR traffic. Most VW cars have common parts and Anupam has been giving my Audi parts at VW rates. What can i say. If you are in Noida or G Noida look nowhere else.
Inder7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 12:00   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Does WOS do de-chroming? Paint or Film.
I am looking to get the chrome bits on my hector covered up in black, and a thorough cleanup/polish.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th November 2023 at 12:31. Reason: Corrected typo, as per RP.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 11:26   #186
BHPian

Hi all,

I had a below average experience on getting my Honda Jazz serviced with them.

I specifically mentioned that the AC was not functioning properly. For which then told me that entire radiator grill needs to be changed.

10 days later, I was struck on Eastern Peripheral wil Engine getting heated. Took it to the first mechanic shop when I dropped from Eastern Peripheral and told them about the problem. They just opened the radiator grill, cleaned everything and put everything back. Engine light was gone and a/c was working perfectly.

I won't recommend WOS for
1. Their cost is similar to Honda Service charges.
2. Their debugging skills are similar to Honda which is to change every part possible.
sunnsood is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 03:21   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post
For which then told me that entire radiator grill needs to be changed.
I had a very similar experience with them a few years back. I was having issues with the AC in my 2012 Jazz where it would cool for the first 30-40 mins but then the airflow and cooling both would reduce significantly. It seemed like a clear case of icing on the condenser coil because of low refrigerant because if i turned off the AC for 5-10 mins and let the ice on the coil melt, the cooling was back to normal. All symptoms indicative of low refrigerant and i shared this with the staff. To my surprise, they wanted to open up the dashboard to replace the coil and the blower motor without any diagnostics. Didn't even want to look for where the leak was. I was short on time so basically begged them to recover the gas and recharge the system with the factory recommended charge at my own risk of the problem not being solved and paid exactly what HASS was quoting for the job. The AC has been working perfectly since.
Looked like a money grab exercise. If anything, i think air conditioning work is definitely not their strong suite.
smarth.katyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 01:19   #188
Senior - BHPian

I have stuck to Mahindra ASC for my TUV300 from the beginning till the last Service (1,10,000 km service) last August, partly due to warranty / extended warranty being valid till December 2022. Of course, I have known WoS and its owner for a very long time and my Palio MJD has been serviced there 6-7 years ago so this time I sent my TUV there for several things to be done over two visits.

I am reasonably satisified with the Mahindra Service Center (Koncept Mahindra, Mohan Co-operative Industrial Estate, Delhi) which is close to my place of work for the last 3 years and especially because my Service Advisor has been a decent chap who has looked after my car. However, I chose WoS this time for several reasons:
1) Thanks to my crazy schedule, I can only give the car for service / work on a day / days when I am travelling
2) WoS is close to my house and pick-up / drop is easy
3) Thanks to the NGT ban on BS-4 diesel cars in Delhi, I can't take TUV to my regular ASC. They do have a branch in Noida where I can take it as its in UP but I didn't like it when I went there early on.
4) WoS accepts Credit Cards with proper GST Bills (which I need to book expenses)

I sent the car over two rounds within 3 weeks and got the following stuff done:

1) Suspension work including all 4 shock absorbers, the drive shaft mount and a couple of more small things. The car was swaying horribly and my last trip to the hills with the family had everyone complaining (they have travelled enough in the TUV to know it bounces but this time was terrible). The suspension arms themselves were not changed as it was not needed.
2) 1,20,000 km service including oil change with Fuchs 5W40 I think (will have to double check the grade), gearbox oil, fuel filter, tyre rotation / alignment / balancing and other regular stuff, disc brake pads, etc.
3) General check-up to ensure everything was OK and to keep track of what needs changing in the future.
4) Washing, rubbing, polishing and interior dry cleaning (twice).

The total amount spent on all the work is approximately Rs 35,000/- excluding GST. That seems like a fair amount and equivalent or lower than what Mahindra Authorised Service Center would have charged.

Overall, World of Service has improved on several counts especially in terms of updating customers and response from staff. They have a WhatsApp based system now which seems to work in a similar but a little more informal manner as compared to Mahindra's.

Most importantly, for a person strapped for time, they provide Pick-Up and Drop without charging for it (though I am sure they build it into the cost or they give it free if the work value is substantial). The other great thing is that you can drop the vehicle at any time 24 X 7. They even Service at Night! The late drop is a great feature for people like me (I dropped the car at 10.30 PM after needing the car through the day and I had a flight the next early morning so it was perfect).

Overall, improvement on many counts this time.

Last edited by architect : 1st January 2024 at 01:20.
architect is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 23:48   #189
BHPian

I recently had the opportunity to take my Fiat Punto, a less common model, to World Of Service in Greater Noida. This car, primarily driven by my elderly father for his fortnightly errands to the temple, grocery store, or mall, was facing mechanical issues that local mechanics couldn't resolve.

The team at World Of Service, with their proficient skills, identified a failing fuel pump as the root cause. Finding spare parts for a Fiat Punto can be quite a task, but Anupam, leveraging his connections at FIAT, managed to source a used but reliable fuel pump at a reasonable cost. The repair was a success, and the car runs smoothly now, much to the relief of my father and myself.

I am truly grateful for their effective and economical service, and I highly recommend World Of Service for their expertise and customer-centric approach, especially for cars with less common parts.
or I can just say - If you have a FIAT you take it some one who owns a fleet of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-pxl_20220110_075249867.jpg  

contact.nitin7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 14:42   #190
BHPian

Do they also do body work or bumper repairs? If yes then anyone has any experience with them and how good they are?

Most Viewed