Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2016, 12:03   #91
BHPian

Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)

Got my Punto serviced last week. As always came out impressed with the kind of attention and care they give to car. My starter solenoid went kaput and i was stranded near Noida City center station. WOS team was prompt to send mechanics to check it and take it to garage. And all this took just half an hour. Take a prior appointment for planned work and i am sure you wont be disappointed. They adhere to it and get started as soon as you are there.
Old 15th November 2016, 21:51   #92
BHPian

WOS came to my rescue again, thank you once again!!!

My cousin brother was looking for a second hand car which he can use it for another 3 to 4yrs before upgrading it. Well he was looking for a car and there was no boundation for him, he was ok with Thar and Scorpia as well, test drove Polo as well as Baleno, he drove Desire, Lancer & Verna, so it was all mixed up. He was going to dealers and CarTrade, Maruti True Value Mahindra First Choice to check on the cars he was informed about, but somehow was not convinced, so one fine day in the afternoon he called me and informed that he has been looking for a second hand car and he is not satisfied with the cars he has seen.

Well I informed let us sit and discuss about your needs and then we can finalize. Well it was a Sunday when he called me informing that he needs to go to Mahindra First Choice to check out VW Polo. So I got ready and reached to Mahindra First Choice with him. This deal also did not convince my cousin. Disappointed he said lets go back to home. I informed if you want we can go to WOS (as it is near the Mahindra First Choice, Noida) to check out if they know anyone who is interested to sell their machine.

So we reached WOS, I explained my concern. Wow lucky day, there was a Linea which was standing and the owner wanted to sell it off. Since, I know WOS from the day it was started, everybody knows me out there and they explained and informed me everything about this Linea.

After discussing and carefully looking in the car, we took the Linea for a Test Drive and the WOS Head Mechanic who went with us explained the things which the car was lacking and the expenditure cost of the same. I asked my brother what did he think about the Linea? We had a long discussion and I could see that my cousin was really interested. Well the deal was finalized, the owner was informed, and next day meeting was set with the owner for price negotiation and other formalities. After a week the paper had to go to RTO for the Transfer of Ownership and the NOC. WOS was very helpful in guiding us from the start and also for the procedure at the RTO. Also the WOS members helped in getting all the required documents and getting things organized. In the context that they had ordered the Radio Code without charging us, also many times when the Agent at the RTO was trying to fool my Cousin, WOS came to rescue at that time as well. The car was handed over to my Cousin brother after a proper servicing and few worn out parts changed and a good clean wash from interior. My cousin is a happy and satisfied owner of the Linea now, thanks to WOS.

I would like to thanks the WOS Team for the support and help provided and also the guidance they gave to us for the Transfer of Ownership. Thank you once again and keep up the good work.

NOTE: I am not associated with WOS in any way, apart from getting my car Serviced by them.
Shivanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 23:28   #93
Senior - BHPian

So on last tuesday, my car suddenly decided to overheat again. 9 years on, rubber and plastic parts are a constant source of worry. My first fear was my water pump going as engine was hot but radiator was cold (meaning coolant was not circulating). I drove to work somehow and asked WoS to arrange for the water pump. They arranged it in a few hours (quite an achievement considering Fiat parts situation) and I managed to drive back to WoS somehow without circulating coolant. Once there, we realised it was a hose that had gone. I hustled up some contacts and managed the hose as a counter sale from an ASC.

Essentially, they got my car up and running within a couple of hours and that's the most important thing. It is this sort of thing that WoS was started with and I am glad this support still exists. 5 stars.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 08:07   #94
BHPian

Hi guys, is there any other alternate contact number, trying on the number given but no one is lifting calls. Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 13:39   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Hi guys, is there any other alternate contact number, trying on the number given but no one is lifting calls. Thanks
Guys, got personally contacted by Anupam (owner of WOS), they are a good bunch of people who attend to issues proactively and are enthusiastic about working on cars.
Had my civic serviced quickly, when i drove from Kolkata to Delhi.
StallionAmit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 13:01   #96
BHPian

I had the pleasure of visiting World of Service twice in the past couple of weeks. My choice of words is interesting as one usually dreads visiting a service center. However, the folks at the World of Service are so nice and welcoming that I look forward to visiting them! Under happy circumstances, of course

My first visit was for routine oil change service for my Jetta. This was done promptly and I was out of there is less than two hours. I got the oil changed to the synthetic blend recommended by them and the car feels much smoother. The filters were changed, fluids topped up, including windscreen washer solution and the car was cleaned. That is one nice detail I noticed: even at VW service center, the mechanics ignore windscreen washer fluid but at WOS, they inspect it and top it off on their own. I left as a happy and satisfied customer.

During the servicing it was learnt that the front shock absorbers needed replacement. WOS asked me to come back after they source the parts in a day or so. There was some issue regarding the exact part as my vehicle is an automatic but was showing up as a manual in the part supplier's records. WOS took photos of the part to ensure the correct match is found. I made an appointment and went back the following week to get the shock absorbers changed. Once again, the work was done in a prompt and efficient manner. The shockers and bearings were changed along with other necessary parts. The mechanics insisted that I went on a test drive with them to ensure I was satisfied with the work.

A minor issue arose with the axle bearings during the service. Here the knowledge and the expertise of WOS staff became apparent. The staff gathered together to examine and diagnose the issue and were able to identify it and rectify it within a few minutes.

As usual, I was extremely satisfied with the service provided. The work was done efficiently and at a great price while maintaining high standards and attention to detail. My car was serviced with OEM parts but at a much lesser price compared to the dealership.

The owner, Mr. Anupam Shukla, is a very professional and knowledgeable gentleman. His knowledge about cars is phenomenal and he always takes the time to listen to the customer in order to understand any concerns and then allocates the work to the appropriate mechanic. His enthusiasm for cars is obvious and he really enjoys his work. The staff are also careful in inspecting and rectifying issues and handle customers' cars with good care.

This is a great neighbourhood garage run by friendly and knowledgeable folks. They have proper lifts installed and have technicians available to handle electrical work, mechanical issues and painting. I saw some of their paint work and the car they had repainted, an older Ford Figo, looked brand new. It was impossible to tell hat it had undergone an after market paint job.

I would wholeheartedly recommend them for all sorts of work from denting and painting to servicing and for minor and major repairs. They use high quality parts and consumables and able to source OEM parts at very good prices.

Having World of Service available gives me great peace of mind regarding car ownership. I sincerely thank Anupam and his staff for looking after me and my Jetta so well.
Old 12th January 2017, 16:38   #97
BHPian

A very small update from my side.

I always plan to change the engine oil at 8k kms rather than 15k kms as suggested by fiat for my punto evo diesel. Few days back, i noticed that my car had run 9.5k and the oil level had dipped by a fair margin. I had a very bad experience at kashyap Fiat, Ohkla as the service advisor suggested not to change or even top up the oil as the level was fine.

As per them, even if the dipstick has a hint of oil on the bottom most portion, the engine has sufficient oil to run . I figured that these guys wont budge from their decision as they were not listening to me when i told them to pls change the oil and i am ready to pay the expenses as well. The answer i got was " why waste your money when your engine has sufficient oil for the next 6k kms " .

Frustrated and disappointed, i called Anupam. Had a discussion with him regarding the same and i told him that i shall be changing the oil by myself.

He for the fact knew that i wont be able to come to WOS due to time constraints , but that didnt stop him from correctly directing me on what oil and filter to get.

Thumbs up for Anupam as he has always been supportive and helpful even on odd hours of the day.

The moment, the warranty expires on my car, WOS shall be the place for me .
Old 23rd January 2017, 18:50   #98
Senior - BHPian

My Palio was due for the 1,80,000 km service. The works to be done were as follows:
  • Service with synthetic oil change, oil filter and air filter.
  • Brake pads were worn after almost 40,000 km of usage.
  • Second set of Brake discs had been skimmed once after replacement so replacement was due.
  • Rear brakes needed to be cleaned.
  • Bulbs in the speedomoter console and AC console needed to be replaced.
  • The windshield wash/wipe spray pipe had been cut by a rat
  • One fog lamp was moody again.
  • AC blower was not working properly.
  • There was a minor diesel leak at the point where it enters the common rail system.
  • The RHS power window switch had stopped working in one direction.

This was a long list but it was mailed to WoS in advance. Clearly, the AC blower issue meant that the dashboard needed to be opened.

So we started at around noon time and started with the AC blower. The blower unit was full of dust (my car stays at a construction site for 12 hours every working day). So I decided to not open the filter again as I am wont to do during winters. The flap for changing the direction of air-flow had broken at the edge so changing direction may not be the easiest thing to do.

By evening we had completed everything (including scavenging the Power window switch from Anupam's Adventure since we couldn't procure a new one) except the fog lamp. I was free by eight.

However a repeat visit was required next day since the coolant supply pipe to the heater core in the AC was fixed wrong and the AC was throwing hot air constantly. Also, one nut in the dashboard needed to be tightened again.

The bill was close to Rs 16,000/- but considering a full service with synthetic oil, opening and re-fitting the dashboard, new brake pads, new brake discs and other consumables, this was not a bad deal overall. Like always, great effort by WoS.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 00:09   #99
BHPian

Recently as you all know that I faced a problem with my Car. The problem was that my Swift VDI - 2011 model, started emitting white smoke. I contacted WOS, which called me in for diagnosing the problem.

They took a test drive of the vehicle, but as i know when the engine was hot it would not emit white smoke, it only used to emit white smoke in cold start only. So, I left the car there at WOS and came back next day morning on my motorcycle. The car started and then the white smoke was very much visible, with a foul smell. So, the WOS main mechanic took a test drive at that time and the issue was diagnosed to be Valve Seal and the EGR.

I was there the whole day, the injectors were opened. It took almost whole day for the injectors to open as they were all jammed up. They opened it very carefully and almost finished a can of WD40 in order to free it up. After that the next day the head opened up. It took almost 5 days for the work to be done. I used to visit them every day before going to office.

Before the delivery of my Car, it was cleaned properly and was shining. I went for a test drive, and in cold start there was no white smoke. The Engine felt smoother than before, and it was great to have her back as before. I have not posted the picture of my car before. But I was happy and so was my Car, and hence posting it here.

Thanks to WOS Team for the wonderful work they have done and once again proved themselves to be worthy. Keep it up.

Moderators – I am sorry, if you think the picture are irrelevant you can go ahead and remove it please. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20161217_114717764.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20161217_114753439.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20161217_114736296.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20161217_114818492.jpg  

Last edited by Shivanshu : 24th January 2017 at 00:10.
Old 24th January 2017, 01:22   #100
Team-BHP Support

How many kms has your car run ? And what was the total expense ?
Old 24th January 2017, 03:03   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How many kms has your car run ? And what was the total expense ?
My car has run 106550kms and total expense came around 35K rs
Old 28th January 2017, 13:55   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
My car has run 106550kms and total expense came around 35K rs
35k!!! Can you post a detailed bill for this?

Last edited by ScorpMan : 28th January 2017 at 13:56.
Old 30th January 2017, 20:50   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
35k!!! Can you post a detailed bill for this?
Sorry I am not carrying the bill with me. But I can tell you the list of things which was done.

1. 3 Injectors Cleaned.
2. 1 Injector Repaired.
3. Head Opened.
4. All Gasket replaced.
5. Head Work for the Valve Seal.
6. Tappet Cover replaced.
7. Engine Oil changed.
8. Air Filter & Diesel Filter changed.
9. Transmission Oil Checked.
10. Diesel Tank checked for water content
Old 31st January 2017, 14:26   #104
Senior - BHPian

Man.. 35K for the above jobs is too very much!
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 17:05   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Man.. 35K for the above jobs is too very much!
Exactly my thoughts. Not an expert on this, but 20-25k looks like a reasonable figure.

Most Viewed