Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2017, 17:36   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Exactly my thoughts. Not an expert on this, but 20-25k looks like a reasonable figure.
Even if the engine oil used is fully synthetic.. not more than 18-20K by any means!
Old 5th February 2017, 10:06   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Even if the engine oil used is fully synthetic.. not more than 18-20K by any means!
I agree. The oil being synthetic is no excuse for stretching out the change interval. Let me add one rider, oil sitting in the sump also ages, so please follow both time and distance. If you do a higher than normal mileage, then you can stretch the oil change a bit. Why, remember oil collects a lot of stuff, and if the car is not given an 'opening out' then these corrosive products stay in the sump and add to the corrosion.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 14:17   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I agree. The oil being synthetic is no excuse for stretching out the change interval. Let me add one rider, oil sitting in the sump also ages, so please follow both time and distance. If you do a higher than normal mileage, then you can stretch the oil change a bit. Why, remember oil collects a lot of stuff, and if the car is not given an 'opening out' then these corrosive products stay in the sump and add to the corrosion.
I think you've misunderstood prof. The figures being discussed are service costs, not oil change intervals.
Old 6th February 2017, 11:03   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think you've misunderstood prof. The figures being discussed are service costs, not oil change intervals.
If you look at it going from 5000k with semi-synth to 10,000k with synth service costs are about the same. Oil cost is 2x and so is the interval. I personally think 5,000 /6 months as recommended by Honda is a joke. They are quite happy with 10,000 and one year with the synth even during warranty. There is also a saving in filter and washer cost so there is actually a small saving by going synth.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 13:53   #110
Senior - BHPian

Have been visiting WOS off and on ever since they opened up to get my TJet+ serviced, since Anupam is the point man for all things related to Fiat. However the Tjet+ flew away sometimes last year to another hangar and my visits to WOS dried up until the day the temperature needle on my Cedia shot up to the H mark and parked itself there. Since my regular go to guy for the Cedia was not in town made couple of callsr to various FNG mechanics and the authorised S.C. and received a multitude of muddled answers. For clarity decided to visit WOS and after a 60 minute drive the diagnosis was there in 6 minutes flat a busted temperature sensor, further checks revealed that rest of the things were in order. The odd ball part was not in stock and since I stay a fair distance away, Anupam suggested that I could buy the part myself and install the same to save on time and botheration. His mechanic demonstrated how to dismount and remount the part. Anupam advised which shop to source the part from, he confirmed with the shop regarding the availability of the part and I was on my way. Another hour later the problem was rectified for ₹135/- and some elbow grease. Any other garage would have easily made 4 to 6 times the amount and wasted a whole lot of my time. This is what sets WOS apart from the other seemingly 'Friendly' neighbourhood garages.

Why I am ranting about all this now, is because I recently revisited them along with a friend to discuss suspension overhaul for his Verna. During the course of the discussion I was noticing the guys managing the washing station and liked the top down approach they were employing while soaping and rinsing. My Jetta was quite filthy with mud caked all over the alloys and running boards thanks to a visit to a client the day before on dusty and wet terrain around the ash pond of their power plant. Asked Anupam if he could accommodate my car for cleaning while we discussed the Verna and he was happy to oblige. The results are what prompted me to post here.

Some pictures after the wash

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-sdc11938.jpg

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-sdc11939.jpg

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-sdc11940.jpg

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-sdc11941.jpg

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-sdc11942.jpg

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-sdc11943.jpg

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-sdc11944.jpg

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-sdc11945.jpg

All cars look clean after a wash but then the way all creases and nooks and crannies were cleaned out including inside of the petrol lid and the hidden areas around the door hinges, the boot lip etc is what I really appreciated. What i also liked is the fact that the washing and soaping are not done by rags but clean wash cloths and soaping and scrubbing is done using a wash mitt. Clean microfibre towels are used for drying and not shared for washing the tires & mats which are done using separate cloth/brush etc. The soap is a car wash soap and not some generic shampoo & conditioner mix that a whole lot of garages use. All in all a simple job done meticulously and done well.
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20170130_193608632.jpg  

khoj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 23:20   #111
BHPian

Got my Punto and Safari (3L 4x4) serviced from WOS. Overall has been a great experience, from the mechanics understanding the problem to the final solution of the same.
One thing which I feel can be improved is the attention to detail. While servicing of the Safari, there was a problem with AC (Not working + the usual outside smell). Asked WOS to fix the same.They did a wonderful job of fixing the AC, though when I got the car back I noticed closing any vent did not increase the airflow in the other vents. A minor problem, but one which could have been identified and rectified.
Anupam is a gem of a person and always looking to find the best solution to a given problem with the minimum possible expense.
A big thumbs up from my side for WOS
trance_nut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 13:46   #112
BHPian

Have been regularly getting my Palio 1.6 serviced at the World of Service, Noida for the past two years now. And, to be honest, I only trust Anupam ji and his team with my car.

Since I stay in Gurgaon, it's a bit of a hassle to come to the workshop for minor works, but then I have tried others and have been left disappointed mostly. So, now my car only goes to World of Service for repairs. I don't know about others, but if you own a Fiat, or an antique piece like the Palio, I highly recommend this workshop.
Old 30th March 2017, 10:50   #113
BHPian

Very good experience

Last week, I was returning from work early, as I had something else to attend to. I was a little inattentive and the roads were also relatively empty with sparse traffic that time of the day. My route has about 8 speed-breakers, done typically desi style, with neither shape, size or form, that is standard!

The last speed-breaker did it: I flew over it at about 50kmph (well almost, I braked at the last moment) because my attention was elsewhere, for a moment.

There was a thud, a knock and then severe vibrations. There was something definitely wrong. I immediately pulled over: nothing visible under body, but the engine A mount bolts had sheared off, and the engine was resting on the guard plate. Some strong guard plate that!!

It is a well known fact that the mount bolts were undersized, and there has been an engineering circular to change the bolts to M14 from the existing M10. But mine held up so far, and was not changed. It has been changed now, with new bracket and mount.

I immediately called Anupam, who was prompt in sending his personal Safari to pick me up. His guy arranged for the tow van, and the car was towed to the workshop. No further damage was found upon inspection, and Anupam was very proactive in arranging the parts. Only the bolts could not be sourced that evening. So I had to leave the vehicle. Next day at 1230, I get a call from the workshop the bolts, brackets and mounts were all sourced and they asked for permission to start work. I had told them to start only in my presence. I left for the workshop, got the work done completely in front of me.

Although the new bracket and bolts were the recommended upgrades, the engine mount pad, had the M10 threads. It had to be re-tapped to M14. Very slowly and patiently done, again. But, I feel, these jobs are better avoided as the relative centering of the 3 holes, may not be the same post the modified tapping to accommodate the larger bolt. After completion we carefully inspected the other mounts, under-body and then took a detailed test drive, paid and left. Very reasonable part and labor charges.

What was good:

1) EXTREMELY prompt response. I was stranded in the middle of the road, but got support in less than 30 minutes. Sometimes the verbal assurance over phone relaxes your nerves!

2) Very patient, unhurried, elaborate work done without cutting corners. I was there all the time, and their head mechanic from a defunct FIAT ASS did a very good job. The supervisor, Virender, is also a resourceful guy.

3) No hush ups: everything was explained to me and I was satisfied. I liked the approach and they take customer suggestions in course of work

4) Staff very friendly and accomodative.

5) Reasonable costs and quality. Very good infrastructure and lifts.

What can be better:

1) The tow charges: Borderline extortionate It is a third party tie up they have, but this should be definitely looked into. They did shave off some amount, but it may be better priced.

2) Torque wrenches: Now it is all "armstrong" method lol, and by "feel" and experience. For critical torquing, a good torque wrench is must. I am told they are getting it. EDIT : Arrived as I edit!

3) The engine guard plate: they should have removed it, put it flat on level ground and hammered it back to shape. Instead, they thrust a lever in, here and there, from the gaps, and tried to straighten it out, but it looks shabby and now with many undulations. The legendary 195mm ground clearance is for sure, gone.

4) Earlier, the customer area was very well laid out. Now it is very cluttered. But they have lots of real estate, proper planning will restore that.

OTHERS:

FIAT has strangely stuck the engine number plate on the mount bracket. It is a silk screen printed and punched plate glued to it. Anupam has suggested to remove the old plate somehow and stick it on the new bracket. Crazy FIAT! Need to take the car to him.

So far so good. New mount and bolts have made the car really silent. Now I feel, there were some vibrations earlier, which I do not feel anymore. Highly recommended place.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 30th March 2017 at 11:10. Reason: WRENCH
Old 8th April 2017, 19:10   #114
BHPian

I got the first Non-ASS service done for my Fiat Linea T-jet from WOS Sec 63 about 15 days back. I opted for the fully synthetic oil and also requested a gear oil change as the gear shift had turned quite unsatisfactory. Plus, I was recommended a LiquiMoli additive in addition to the oil change to make the gear more smooth in shifting. I agreed to all, plus an additional Polishing and Waxing of my beloved car.
The issues I reported before sending the car were related to an engine check light which had started coming on all of a sudden a day before, triggering me to send the car for service ASAP. I was told that a scan will be run to diagnose the issue. Plus, some cooling issue in the AC which was serviced an year back (change of condenser coil) last year at WOS.
I am posting this review after running the car for about 15 days now. I am quite impressed by the smoothness of the car's running after switching to the synthetic oil. The diagnosis was done that a switch associated to the clutch had loosened and the engine check light has not come up till now (though I felt that 650 charge for engine scanning was a little on the north side). The AC filter was cleaned and the AC is a chiller now in the peak summers of Delhi. I was not satisfied with the finishing of the rubbing and polishing job though, plus the boot shock was left out of socket causing a dent on the boot area where it rests are two qualms I had from the service experience.

But, I would like to applaud the quality of service and the drive post the service. I had recommended WOS to my friend too , who got his AC repaired and car shocks repaired from there and he is quite happy with the quality of service provided.
I would prefer to go to WOS for my car's service going forward owing to the attention to detail and the attitude towards solving the problem the customer has mentioned during the job card creation. I would surely recommend the place too especially to the FIAT owners for getting their cars service here.
Old 17th April 2017, 00:13   #115
BHPian

Hi All,

Thought to share my experience about the recent services done for my cars.

Since I have been keeping fairly busier than the earlier times with daily drives becoming longer & tougher for both man & machine. This time it was the turn of diesel Getz which is now showing signs of age.

It's been about 7-8 months when suddenly the car gave heating issues during my journey towards Gurgaon. I took the car to local shop and they rectified the issue on the face of it, but then again the very next day the problem surfaced. I gave a call to World of Service Noida and their response was very prompt and the car was taken to their garage.

Now comes the area that I like most about them - their attitude and competency to deal with the issue. They checked the history of the problem with me, identified the Faulty Water Pump and a hose, and promptly rectified the issue with an OE part replacement. Trust me, i know how difficult it is to arrange the OE part for Getz Diesel being an outdated & scarcely sold model. Happy to say that the world of service has strong part sourcing partner.

My other recent experiences : Two years back, got my Linea AC repair work done in Fiat A.S.S. for which I was charged a bomb & I was always doubtful about the work done. Two years down the line & complete AC system went kaput. World of Service came to my rescue, gave me an estimate, sought my approval & go-ahead, completed the AC work and the car is now doing wonders. After the AC, I also got the clutch and EGR work done as well - and I am highly satisfied with the resultant.

During my visit, I clicked picture's of some cars that were not market scorchers and some tough to maintain cars in World of Service - glad to say that they were well taken care of as well.

Like I had mentioned in my earlier posts that World of Service works even during nights and that is really helpful for people who have one car as the turn around time reduces drastically.

Some of the improvements that i saw in World of Service:
1. Increased number of Lifts
2. Car Damping Kits
3. Aftermarket HID and Projectors
4. Increase in working time and also night time car Service
5. They are now also in Car Audio with brands like JVC, Pioneer and Rockford

Posting my review after more than 6 months and I am quite happy with their services. I will continue to send my cars to WoS. They are better than quite a few Authorised Service Centre, in many aspects.

Highly Recommended !!!

Kudos to the Team of World of Service - Keep it Up!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20151225_173955.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-sdc11810.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20160506_190034.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img20160801wa0063.jpg  

Old 4th May 2017, 06:52   #116
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Got my Santa Fe serviced at WOS. it was a regular service along with brake pads replacement. Anupam and his team did it swiftly and was ready in 3 hrs.

Keep up the good work Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20170325_135428.jpg
Old 9th May 2017, 19:02   #117
BHPian

Hi can someone please post Anumpam's number here. I cant seem to get in touch. The workshop says he is not available at there and then hang up on refusing even to provide his mobile number.
Old 11th May 2017, 15:28   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Got my Santa Fe serviced at WOS. it was a regular service along with brake pads replacement. Anupam and his team did it swiftly and was ready in 3 hrs.

Keep up the good work Attachment 1635736
Did you travel all the way from Delhi to end of Noida? Are they worth it, just asking as had no experience with them till now and want to know if its worth traveling all this long.

I have an XUV (if you remember we meet way back in 2012 in a delhi meet at haveli). My XUV (more than 5 years old) needs clutch and suspension work along with regular 80K service. I am confused that if i go to Mahindra station, i would be charged not even more but also for things that dont even require change. So was thinking to getting this done outside. Would you recommend this place?
Old 12th May 2017, 11:02   #119
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Did you travel all the way from Delhi to end of Noida? Are they worth it, just asking as had no experience with them till now and want to know if its worth traveling all this long.

I have an XUV (if you remember we meet way back in 2012 in a delhi meet at haveli). My XUV (more than 5 years old) needs clutch and suspension work along with regular 80K service. I am confused that if i go to Mahindra station, i would be charged not even more but also for things that dont even require change. So was thinking to getting this done outside. Would you recommend this place?
Nitin... I knew Mr Anupam of WOS through my friends circle and HVK group. I was on a look-out for an FNG which could give more personalized service and listen to small small issue which I had and get it resolved. So wanted to try which turned out to be a very good experience.

They have a pickup n drop service too. I am happy with their services ...so will recommend u to give try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
Hi can someone please post Anumpam's number here. I cant seem to get in touch. The workshop says he is not available at there and then hang up on refusing even to provide his mobile number.
Mr Anupam 93100 52424. This is his WA number also.

Last edited by Eddy : 12th May 2017 at 12:14. Reason: Merged
Old 12th May 2017, 12:45   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Nitin... I knew Mr Anupam of WOS through my friends circle and HVK group. I was on a look-out for an FNG which could give more personalized service and listen to small small issue which I had and get it resolved. So wanted to try which turned out to be a very good experience.
Thanks Sir. Even i got to know them through HVK group and also this thread here. I have been contemplating on getting my car serviced from them, just waiting to cross 78K kms on odo first. Last time i had my xuv serviced at home from a team from Delhi who comes at home for service. Was not happy with the service and they couldn't even erase the service reminder from the screen (its still on ).

Only thing is that this place is way too far and i would like to be present there so that i can explain things i want and what they suggest, thats why confused about pick up service. Do you send your car or you personally drive down?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks