Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2015, 21:09   #46
BHPian

Re: Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Do you remember the high level breakup and the total bill ?
Yeah it would be around 13Gs
Old 16th December 2015, 22:48   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
As far as i know, they have used only original spares. They inform you before hand if they would be using original or aftermarket. I have no idea where they procure it from. You can call Mr Anupam ( the owner ) and clear everything. He is a very courteous and helpful chap. And let me tell you that they have an expertise in Fiats.
Sounds good. I guess I shall pay them a visit. Most Fiat owners in the Delhi region used to go to any ASS that Mr. OP Sharma used to be working at earlier. But, even though I've been going to Kashyap motors since the last few services, their mechanics don't inspire too much confidence.
Old 17th December 2015, 12:20   #48
BHPian

1.2 Lacs on the odo and the Manza started feeling sluggish. Someone asked, have you ever got EGR cleaning done and I am stumped. Is it not part of the maintenance schedule of TATAs, I ask myself. Well the answer is not very difficult, after-all we all know TASS.

Anyways, I talk to WoS (World of Service) and request for EGR cleaning. They too share that it is a must to ensure the MJD doesn't choke and die before it is supposed to.

They were quite forthcoming in setting up an appointment on an off day and even picked the vehicle from home. Got regular updates on the condition of my car through Whatsapp pictures. 2 days later the car came back with
  • An amazing pickup, peppy response
  • Mileage seems better, north of 18 in city bumper to bumper driving

Appreciate the quality of work. Attached pictures can do the rest of talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-aica6ehoxlichebq9zxcg1dasergvy1_urgv3hfhwlhc.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-aiwh2_zre9bqgriieq6yamn5l_rw0sdqa03ebfkso47i.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-akyvr2strfqgowjn9liddhpt1o34huehtecxqkscafmx.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-ao3fbbhjm4vjujue4k3wt4vxoewhdbihjk6bsuhx1.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-aobjlik4bobisauxdcenb8h4clddyrckx_uh0np1fgmr.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-arc3g6nnulleah0ier4pz3vjwe4g79tp3gsn4hj8kwx0.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-au78mmluw70r1wdtwtefh17raiko6oa22cl0uigcfcg.jpg  

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-av6aj7emxpksk1pkewqvgvfltxmjdg6ievkddwnlohbv.jpg  

Last edited by dhondusaxena : 17th December 2015 at 12:23.
dhondusaxena is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 15:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
1.2 Lacs on the odo and the Manza started feeling sluggish. Someone asked, have you ever got EGR cleaning done and I am stumped. Is it not part of the maintenance schedule of TATAs, I ask myself. Well the answer is not very difficult, after-all we all know TASS.

Anyways, I talk to WoS (World of Service) and request for EGR cleaning. They too share that it is a must to ensure the MJD doesn't choke and die before it is supposed to.
How much did the EGR cleaning cost you?
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:41   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
How much did the EGR cleaning cost you?
For Manza it was close to 6200. It included a complete service package (EGR, Intercooler, Intake Manifold etc). Also WoS has still not made any categorization/difference in cost as per car segment which I believe they should do immediately.
dhondusaxena is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 16:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

In December, i got my i10 and Jetta TDI serviced from WoS. The experience, as usual, went smoothly and the service levels were upto their usual good standards. However, i wanted to add some feedback on the Agip oil which this service centre uses. In both cars, the fully-synthetic Agip oil was filled.

The i10 is my dad's daily drive and he took it on a 300+km roadtrip immediately after picking it up from WoS. He commented later about how the engine felt more opened up and smooth. This coming from an absolute layman for an engine done just 20K kms.

The Jetta is my weekend and highway ride. In the 1.5 kms that i drove home after the oil went in, i could feel a noticable improvement in the diesel clatter at idle as well as while the revvs built up. A few days later i was on a 900km round trip of uttarakhand for the new year. There was absolutely no issue with cold starts and i could sense a smoother start-up action. The trip ended with an overall Fe of almost 18 - including the hill driving - which would partially be attributed to the Agip oil. Even in my office commute, the MID previously used to hover between 14-15kmpl but it now stays consistently above 16.5 kmpl

I had heard good things about the oil from other users and the owner himself. However, the proof of the pudding is in eating it. So far as I know this oil isn't available anywhere else yet. Price was about 900/L which is competitive with other brands of synthetic oils.

Overall, a big thumbs up for introducing me to Agip. I doubt i would have tried it otherwise without the owner's conviction in it.
Deeps is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 19:07   #52
BHPian

The Palio is overheating and the coolant seems to be leaking so I just got off the phone with Anupam (I think that's his name) and will be taking the car to them tomorrow. He won't be there since they're opening another centre in Chennai so he's flying there tomorrow. Will update this thread with my experience.
Old 4th March 2016, 14:20   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
The Palio is overheating and the coolant seems to be leaking so I just got off the phone with Anupam (I think that's his name) and will be taking the car to them tomorrow. He won't be there since they're opening another centre in Chennai so he's flying there tomorrow. Will update this thread with my experience.
I got the mailer below regarding the Chennai centre. Posting it here in case it of benefit to the Chennai folks:

It is with great pleasure we announce that World of Service Chennai - Multi Brand Car Care Center will be inaugurated & opened on 28th February (Sunday) at 9 AM Morning to 12.30 PM Afternoon.
The Service Center will be Inaugurated & Opened by Shri.H.V.Kumar. Kumar HV
A Legend in the Automobile World, Shri.HV Kumar is a very respected personality among Automotive & Highway Driving Enthusiasts in India.
We welcome all Chennai Car & SUV owners and also request you to share this information with your family, friends, Office Colleagues who own Cars & SUVs.

We look forward to seeing you with your family.

Booking for services are already open. Just drop an Email to WOSCHENNAI@GMAIL.COM.
Have a wonderful day.
Warm Regards,
World of Service Team

Venue: World of Service, Multi Brand Car Care Center, Plot No.B1 & B2, Ponnambalam Salai, (Next to ISHA Gayathri Apartment Complex, Opp.Co-Operative Bank), Kolapakkam, Chennai - 600128.
Tel: 8695445064 / 8695445065 / 9790019881
Email: WOSCHENNAI@GMAIL.COM
World of Service Chennai has a Facebook Page

@MODS: In case the info. above is more relevant in the Chennai section, feel free to move it.
Old 25th March 2016, 20:47   #54
BHPian

I went back to World of Service for annual maintenance on my Jetta DSG TDI a couple of days ago. As usual, I was extremely satisfied with the service provided. The work was done quickly, efficiently and at a great price while maintaining high quality and attention to detail.

The owner, Mr. Anupam, is a very professional and amicable gentleman. His knowledge about cars is phenomenal and he always takes the time to listen to the customer in order to understand any concerns and then allocates the work to the appropriate mechanic. His enthusiasm for cars is obvious and he really enjoys his work. On one of my previous visits, the owner and the staff spent nearly an hour in an attempt to find a satisfactory solution. The staff are also careful in inspecting and rectifying issues and handle customer's cars with good care. As an example, on a prior visit, the mechanic took about 5 minutes to carefully maneuver my Jetta on the ramp in order to avoid scraping the underside.

This time my service was done in under an hour. This included a through visual inspection of the underbody on a lift, an inspection of tyres, suspension, brake pads, ac and fluids. The coolant was replaced as well. After the service, the staff washed, vacuumed and detailed my car and the effort would have put many professional detailing services to shame. I have never seen my car shine so well before with every nook and cranny washed and cleaned

Upon the recommendation of WOS and fellow BHPians, I also changed my oil to their synthetic blend. I haven't driven much afterwards but there is noticeable smoothness in engine performance, less noise and cleaner gear shifts.

Overall I was very satisfied with the prompt and professional service and the reasonable charges. This is a great neighbourhood garage run by friendly and knowledgeable folks. They have plenty of new lifts installed and have technicians available to handle electrical work, mechanical issues and painting. I would strongly recommend them for all sorts of work from denting and painting to servicing and for minor and major repairs.
Old 6th April 2016, 01:15   #55
BHPian

Hello Everyone, I am a Fairly new guy here, been reading a lot and not posting much, my last post caught the mods attention and eventually resulted in an infraction, hence I am very cautious about posting anything now.

I had heard a lot about the World Of Service and the guy who owns, from fellow driving enthusiasts and I was utmost happy to see a lot of T-BHP cars there and fairly some names I could recall to the guys who posted their review here.

The Story starts from Me having a Black ZXI Swift, wherein my car clocked - 93,000 Kms and the behavior of the clutch wasn't very impressive, I gave the car service to Maruti Dealer, he billed me for some 6grands for Service and oil, but I could still feel the jitter in my leg, while releasing the clutch.

Well there was something definitely wrong, with it, I wasn't exactly sure what - So I thought to take the car for a Check up initially at the WoS. The Funny part was, I dialed the number on the website, some one picked up car, I asked for Mr Shukla, if I could show him the car, the guy on phone was hesitant to give me the directions to the workshop, Finally I had to navigate via the Address and thanks to Google for marking the smallest place properly.

The reason for hesitation was that WoS was completely choked up with their bandwidth and there was a waiting for 4 days before I could send my car for the service, Mr Shukla, with whom I have had some interactions in past didn't took a second chance in recalling where and how he met. He immediately picked up the car keys to take it for a spin and understand what I was complaining about, and He spotted the exact thing I told to him- the issue was with the pressure plates and the clutch housing and the Release bearing.

Post the first level of inspection he suggested that this needs to changed, not repaired, for which I have to get back to him with the car after 4 days i.e Sunday - 4th April 2016. He also added that there is something not right with the front shocks, though he cant say much till he puts the car on the Lift and see's it throughout.

Sunday It is now - I reach to his workshop at about 12.45 - Unfortunately 2.45 hours late from the time he gave me, sadly now I had to wait for my turn.

After an hour, the car was put on to the lift and raised to give it a check and finally open up the clutch assembly.

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20160403_152707.jpg

Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-img_20160403_152443.jpg

Now this work was supposed to take about 4 hours time, and I chose to stick back at the workshop, most of it i spent it with the guys working understanding, what and why's of the things, it was to great to talk to them and know how they feel about the car and the work they do for us.
He treated car like a Doctor treats his patients.

Reaching about a few hours now, I was supposed to take care of some work hence I left the car at the Station to be back in an hours time, by then it should be complete.
On my return, To my surprise everyone was standing outside the workshop and the car wasn't fixed, something went wrong and they weren't able to fix it. Anyways I was with family, I didn't get into a situation why and what, but IMO, I personally felt that they should have communicated this to me.

Well i was hoping to spend some time again at the workshop next morning to see if the work can be completed, I spoke to Anupam, where in he suggested me to carry on with my regular routine to office and he shall call me once its done and deliver the car to Sector 127 Noida!
Unfortunately, quite a time passed, it was 17:00 hours - No updates from him. I booked an cab and went straight to the workshop, to amusement it wasn't done today either and there wasnt a communication.
Here is the time, when I really lost it and I had to force him to speak and tell what the issue and if it required, I would be happy to take the spanner and start working.
To which Anupam added - "The Release Bearing shaft that has to be replaced in this segment of the car, is not fitting in the perfect manner","After the fitment the clutch should be butter smooth and should completely dis-engage once you press the pedal completely" however that is not happening.
This could have been because of diff models in swift the company has made some minor changes in the part so he had to source out three diff parts from all the generations and fit and remove it all again!

And I think he has taken a fair amount of time to open an pack the clutch back thrice, I let go off the anger that I had to believe that this guy does make sense and if he is taking that pain to get the things right, he is bloody right on his part to take that time.

Next day being a Tuesday, A week-off for everyone I didn't want them to come specially for it, so I insisted if he could stretch and finish it today I am willing to stay back with him but it needs to happen today.
We did stay back for about 2 more hours to put together the clutch and fire it up, and we were utmost happy to find the clutch working in perfect condition.

To sum it up: It was long stretched exercise for a simple thing like clutch overhaul, but minor issues took a whole lot of time to get fixed.
I am impressed with the kind of dedication the worker's have there to fix things for you, to source the parts, and to believe in doing the best for you and your car, something that this guy would not do is a Compromise on anything w.r.to quality in the service he is giving!

The only feedback I gave him was if he could have communicated the same things to me, I would not have been in a situation that I had to send my family by cab from his service station. Keeping the customer informed is a great practice, You will give him every other reason to believe in you and your folks!

Before I even went here I recommend a dozen of guys here, and I would continue to do that, All thumbs up to the good work done, I am yet to get my Shocks, EGR (I yet don't know what it is, but he suggested me to get it), done and complete paint job done on my car.. Hopefully I'll be able to share more of my experience in the neighborhood friendly workshop.

Till then, Drive Safe!
I'll see you soon!
Old 7th April 2016, 13:17   #56
BHPian

Buoyed by mostly positive reviews on this forum, I dragged my feet in to this unknown service centre. While I am yet to get my car back, I am putting up my experience only over phone so far. I am personally not very pleased but you guys make your own judgement based on unedited sequence of events so far.

1. I get a call back from Anupam on dialling at his old number probably, and I fix up an appointment for my linea 1.4 (2011) service.
(Small background of the car -I had left this car in Mumbai for one whole year, where it had got stalled standing in parking in the floods of last year. I had only one day (a Sunday) to go to Mumbai and get it sent through movers the next day. On Sunday, I was lucky to get one local garage get the car back from stalled clutch and gear to up and running after they worked tirelessly on it from noon to evening. They honestly said they are using second hand parts, which are refurbished to work more than a year. The local garage had dedicated clients in bhakti Park, wadala with owners of Skoda mostly. My car never had a single glitch function wise since their makeshift quick repair.)

2. I am unable to make it to the WOS personally, so Anupam helps to send a gentleman to take it from my home. Really appreciate it. Now the gentleman tells me that I should get dry cleaning done on my car (cost about 1500, think he said). He also says that a bump on my bumper would get repaired without any or much additional cost or time.

3. One of the comments I had read was that how professional WOS is in terms of communication. Well, I did not get any calls from them till late evening. I myself finally called them. As communicated before I said I wanted them to do 1. servicing 2. denting painting near fuel lid and on rear bumper (would decide based on quotation) 3. glove box repair 4. inside mirror 5. electronic panel display including blue and me. I am told that the clutch requires immediate attention as it would impact average and power. Both, I had accounted for knowing that I had got an old clutch put and wanted to defer this relatively high investment by a month or two. One of the person while telling me the estimates quotes me the price of the diesel filter in his calculation. I remind him that its a petrol 1.4. He is like sorry sir. Dont worry. My service with labour is quoted little less than 6k. I am told that I need to change coolant pipe and alternator belt along with expected coolant. The total cost quoted is around 13k.

4. My car was sent to WOS on Saturday. None of the days I get any update till the time I dont call them up myself. Yes except a couple of call from Anupam advising me to go for the clutch change as this as per him needed immediate attention. Fair enough, however I did not have the budget for it this month and told him accordingly. Meanwhile, for some reason, they kept on ignoring my request for checking up the electronic display panel.

5. Lastly, today on Thursday, when I called them up, I asked about the electronic panel. The guy on the phone said yes, they will check it now. Same thing they had been saying everyday. I said to not delay any more with the car. To this, he said very hurriedly that yes, they will return today itself and hung up the phone on me.

Based on above, while I hope they do a good job with car, I am already not as impressed as some of the previous posters.
Old 8th April 2016, 02:25   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelchak View Post
Based on above, while I hope they do a good job with car, I am already not as impressed as some of the previous posters.
What number is your car? I think I did see a linea- MH#-white, whilst my visit to the service center.

I believe there is a scope of improvement with everyone, I am sure -they will read it here and get to it. I am again visiting him on the coming weekend, I will also positively share this word to him.

It is true and to you, this went as a feedback to Anupam directly from me as well that they need to keep thier customer's informed, it is very important for him to be at peace, knowing that majorly enthusiasts are sending their cars to him not the "aam junta" which prefers service center more.
Old 10th April 2016, 16:55   #58
BHPian

Went there today and silently tried to find your car, but couldn't find it.

On enquiring about it found this as an MH# car?
Attached Thumbnails
Friendly Neighbourhood Garage - World of Service (Sector 63, Noida)-1460287432467.jpg  

Old 12th April 2016, 23:44   #59
BHPian

Hi All,
I have been on the look out for a professional NFG for getting my Mercedes E class serviced and brake pads/discs to be replaced.
I have always been a stickler for company authorized workshops even for the Maruti I owned...... so I am a bit concerned (to say the least) !

However these German car authorized workshops just rip you off your hard earned money by charging more than twice the cost for the smallest of things and thus forcing me to contemplate NFGs.

Request for your references for NFGs in Delhi / NCR (I stay at gurgaon) where you believe I can take my car & best assured about the quality of service and replacement parts.
thanks in advance
cheers
Sid
Old 19th April 2016, 23:37   #60
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2016 at 11:32.
sidwadia is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks