Team-BHP - Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Delhi NCR (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/)
-   -   Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/165941-car-upholstery-raju-rahul-palika-bhawan-new-delhi-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 3964049)
I have got it done on my Altis and Fortuner steering, color match is 90% accurate. The fortuner color is more dark beige than grey. Got it done from Shanbaug in Dadar who further outsourced it to a guy in the area. Costed nearly 3k but perfect job.

Thanks !

If possible please put up pictures of the same, it would be of great help.

Also please share the contact details of the shop :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 3965636)
Thanks !

If possible please put up pictures of the same, it would be of great help.

Also please share the contact details of the shop :thumbs up

Here you go. Color difference seems bit more in this pic due to the flash. Under normal day lighting it's less.

Do not have details of the shop as it was routed via Shanbaug/Select Auto garage in dadar who outsourced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarth.katyal (Post 3965327)
This looks so much better than the stock steering. Thanks for sharing this. I too have a Jazz that's around 5 years old with around 25k kms on the odo. Steering is starting to show some ageing. And for 2000INR, this is a steal.

Do they have artificial leather as well? I am personally not inclined towards leather of any sort. Also, i have the JazzX that came with blue black interiors and i wanted to enjoy the feel of the fabric on the new car and hence didn't opt for seat covers at the time of purchase. I think now is the right time, but i need fabric seat covers, preferably in blue blackstupid:. Any pointers?

Raju and co should be able to satisfy both your demands. They might even have some ready made options for the Jazz available.

Hello, does anyone have an idea, how to add thumbgrips to stock steering wheel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by smarth.katyal (Post 3965327)
Do they have artificial leather as well? I am personally not inclined towards leather of any sort. Also, i have the JazzX that came with blue black interiors and i wanted to enjoy the feel of the fabric on the new car and hence didn't opt for seat covers at the time of purchase. I think now is the right time, but i need fabric seat covers, preferably in blue blackstupid:. Any pointers?

You can have art leather/PU options but I will not suggest them for the steering. For the simple reason that they will get burning hot when you car is parked under the summer sun. Also, their life will not be as much.

Raju does seat covers too. Again, a variety of materials, colors and patterns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 3963124)
After almost 80,000km of use,the steering wheel of my Jazz was showing obvious signs of wear and tear. Discolored patches had developed on it and were an eyesore on an otherwise impeccably maintained car.

Absolutely remarkable craftsmanship! Kudos to the person who pulled this off. The red stitching on black looks really good.

Hi, I just googled this guy as I plan to get my City's steering wheel done next week. Sharing the contact details.

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-screenshot_20160512005335.png

The workmanship on JAZZ is top notch. The Rs 2000 spent is well worth. It almost makes me do something like this on my G3 City. Most installations I have seen, in fact even for leather seats do not look that tight. Most steering covers in fact look hideous if they are not into all gaps inside the steering panel.

I went to Raju's Upholstery shop past week for getting steering wheel done on my Fortuner. My conditions were pretty simple

- OEM looks and Finish
- Genuine Leather
- Slightly higher thickness than OEM since I find Fortuner's steering a bit too thin!

Phoned him in advance and dropped by his place at 6 PM. He understood my requirements and showed me available color options for Fortuner Steering. He re-confirmed what BHPians Sahil and Karan discussed in this very thread, that the Toyota OEM leather shade is a bit hard to come by. He suggested me 2 nearest color matching options, a light grey shade and a darker shade which was nearing black in terms of looks. I went with light grey shade from Stanley. He started working on it immediately, took off the steering after detaching the airbag assembly carefully. Steering wheel was wrapped on top of OEM covering for extra thickness and made ready in 1.5 hours flat and meanwhile I asked him to do the gearknob as well since it had also worn out. He informed me that the gear numbering will go away since he doesn't have die-cast for these. I agreed to this and he made the gearknob in same leather in 15 mins.

Please see the pics attached for craftsmanship.

Worn out Steering - Original
Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-img_1128.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-img_1130.jpg

Raju Working on Steering Wheel. Here in this pic, you can see how much difference is there in chosen color Vs OEM color.
Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-img_1126.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-img_1133.jpg

Prepared Steering Wheel before final fitment.
Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-img_1134.jpg

Close view of Final Finish of Stitching
Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-img_1135.jpg

How the overall Fitting looks in my Car
Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-img_1141.jpg

My overall impression:

- Excellent craftmenship. Steering and Gearknob Looks and Feels OEM.
- Genuine Pricing - Steering work costed me INR 2000 & Gearknob INR 500. I did take BHPian Viraat's reference for pricing.
- Flexible timing for work - Autocraft was asking me for 4 hours and that too at their decided time. I couldn't manage that. Raju did all this work from taking off, stitching & re-installing everything under 2 hours! :thumbs up
- Excuse the impression of color mismatch from the pics. Camera isn't picking up right color. Although the color of leather is slightly lighter than OEM, no one can make out it is aftermarket while sitting in the car. It matches almost 98% with dash and other parts inside the car.

I liked his work and would recommend him for his work wholeheartedly. Good genuine down-to-earth guy. clap:

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Got the seat covers installed on my S-Cross from Raju & Rahul, Plaika Bhawan. Visited them on a Thursday to give order and went on the following Sunday for the installation.

Extremely satisfied with their work. My dad wanted to increase the front seat height by 2 inches, they added 2 layer of foam sheet inside in the base of the front seats. My car does not come with seat height adjust.

Fit and finish are top notch! I did not get the time to take the pictures in day light, the only 2 pictures I took at the time of completion does not do justice to their work.

Money spent - 12K
Total time taken for the installation - 5 hours

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-10.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-1.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-2.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-3.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-4.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-5.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-6.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-8.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-9.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-11.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-12.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-16.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-cs-17.jpg

Went to Raju's shop today to get my car's steering wrapped up. Raju was well spoken and listened to my needs, however, I wish I could have said the same about the work done.

Paid 2200 rupees for the job but completely dissatisfied. I will let the picture do the talking but there are irregular gaps under the stitching.

I visited them today to get a quote for my Baleno. He apparently has 2 types of qualities in PU leather. For the lower one he quoted 6.5K plus 2.5K for door cards. For the higher quality one, I got a quote of 9.5K for the seats plus 2.5K for the door cards. He was completing a BMW 5 series when i reached there.
I am attatching the pictures of higher quality one for reference.Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-img_20180621_163111.jpg

Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)-img_20180621_163140.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinharishi (Post 4091144)
Got the seat covers installed on my S-Cross from Raju & Rahul, Plaika Bhawan... Extremely satisfied with their work... Fit and finish are top notch!

What is you review after 1.5 years of usage. How well did the Seat Covers hold up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manan_02 (Post 4417781)
I visited them today to get a quote for my Baleno. He apparently has 2 types of qualities in PU leather. For the lower one he quoted 6.5K plus 2.5K for door cards. For the higher quality one, I got a quote of 9.5K for the seats plus 2.5K for the door cards.

I went for the thicker variety PU. Mine is still good in my Octavia after 4 years of use (60,000 km).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viraat13 (Post 3751711)
Pricing —
A hand stitched genuine leather steering will cost Rs 2,000. It isn't too expensive, but not cheap.

Hi Team,
The owner of the shop has requested me to update the forum. The price of the steering wheel re-upholstery is now Rs 2,200. They face a lot of challenge with all those that read up and visit; and then bargain further on a 3.5 year old rate. :Frustrati

Disclaimer: As always, I have no professional/business association with the vendor.