Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Old 28th January 2019, 12:18   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)

So i have been using stock seats till now and the front seats have got a bit dirty and a slight tear in the driver seat. So now contemplating getting seat covers.

Do seats come in a fabric-leatherette blend like its originally there from factory ?(see attached pic) Gurgaon gets incredible hot and i feel the full leatherette seats will make it uncomfortable to use in summers. Do dealers make seats for hatchbacks like mine or is it the ready to use options only? Also do seat covers involve heavy damage to the factory seats ?
Attached Images

Mr. Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2019, 10:42   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Car Upholstery - Raju & Rahul (Palika Bhawan, New Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
So i have been using stock seats till now and the front seats have got a bit dirty and a slight tear in the driver seat. So now contemplating getting seat covers.

Do seats come in a fabric-leatherette blend like its originally there from factory ?(see attached pic) Gurgaon gets incredible hot and i feel the full leatherette seats will make it uncomfortable to use in summers. Do dealers make seats for hatchbacks like mine or is it the ready to use options only? Also do seat covers involve heavy damage to the factory seats ?
Best to speak to Raju/Rahul and get an understanding of what all is possible. It is very doable IMHO.

When you install new seat covers, you have two options - one is to stitch them onto the factory covers (rendering the original upholstery useless), the second is to just fit them on, which leads to a very poor finish and causes many wrinkles. My suggestion is to go for the first method especially since your original seat already has some tears.
Viraat13 is offline   Reply With Quote