Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2017, 20:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tyres, Alloys, Alignment & Balancing - Pirelli Tyre Point (East of Kailash, New Delhi)

Pirelli Tyre Point is a company owned outlet in East of Kailash, New Delhi.

Tyres, Alloys, Alignment & Balancing - Pirelli Tyre Point (East of Kailash, New Delhi)-pirelli1.jpg
Tyres, Alloys, Alignment & Balancing - Pirelli Tyre Point (East of Kailash, New Delhi)-pirelli2.jpg
Image Source

Products
- Pirelli Tyres
- Pirelli Alloys

Services
- Wheel Alignment
- Wheel Balancing
- Nitrogen filling (which is overrated in my opinion)

Why go there?
- For Pirelli Tyres & Alloys of course
- Chronic Balancing or Alignment issues in your vehicle or if you like Hunter equipments
- You car has an expensive set of shoes and you take routine maintenance like alignment & balancing rather seriously

Pricing for my Fortuner (it differs with each car)
- Wheel Balancing at Rs. 250/- per tyre (irrespective of weight used)
- Wheel Alignment - Rs. 800/-

I paid 1000 bucks to these guys and the professionalism and zeal with which they worked was incredible. Explained every single detail to me, rim run out (yes its a thing) was corrected in 3 out of 4 tyres and the stick-on weights are so darn cool, you can see it in the video below.

Address: E-3, Near Metro Pillar No. 71, East of Kailash, Delhi-110065

Phone: 011-6500-6999

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Closed
Rest of the days - 10:30AM to 7PM

If you're interested in a quick background:
My Fortuner's steering used to shake at high speeds (above 100-110) and even after getting Wheel Balancing done 3 times across 2 weeks (twice at Toyota & once at a petrol pump garage) the problem remained unresolved.

I did some research and found out that this Pirelli outlet only uses Hunter equipment. Once you see GSP 9700 doing its magic and giving you the kind of detailed diagnosis it does, you'll just not go elsewhere, at least for wheel balancing. I know I won't!

It all started here and thanks to an amazing Pirelli staff that they were able to resolve it and how.

You don't always need ugly looking weights destroying your alloy finish and there's a whole different world out there when it comes to balancing & alignment.

Enjoy!

PS: I'm most likely going to get Pirelli's S-ATR whenever I change the tyres on my Fortuner. This is what's called Customer Experience, one visit and they just flattered me.
fine69 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 23:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Tyres, Alloys, Alignment & Balancing - Pirelli Tyre Point (East of Kailash, New Delhi)

Quote:
Pirelli Tyre Point is a company owned outlet in East of Kailash, New Delhi.
Thanks for posting, I was looking to buy new tyres for mine 730 and this information will surely help. But I have my doubts on company ownership, Pirelli has a small setup in India and they may not bother getting into retail, I maybe wrong though.

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th August 2017 at 23:53.
Old 10th August 2017, 15:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyres, Alloys, Alignment & Balancing - Pirelli Tyre Point (East of Kailash, New Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Thanks for posting, I was looking to buy new tyres for mine 730 and this information will surely help. But I have my doubts on company ownership, Pirelli has a small setup in India and they may not bother getting into retail, I maybe wrong though.
Office Mgr: We are a company owned outlet.
Me: Are you guys profitable?
Office Mgr: How can we be when all we do is stock Pirelli tyres.
Me: Why keep up with losses for 2.5 years then? I doubt business is going to pick up any time soon.
Office Mgr: This outlet is more of an advertising platform, the company wishes to continue for now.

I had seen this outlet many times but never had the courage to step in as I always thought Pirelli was a brand out of reach for someone like me. With their Scorpion ATR 265/65 R17 at 13.5k & Scorpion ATR 275/65 R17 at 14.5k I think pricing wise they are very competitive.

The office manager was very confident that their Fortuner tyres would easily run upto 1 lakh kms and said this was customer report and not just his statement. Whenever I decide to switch the existing pathetic Bridgestone Duelers its going to be Pirellis most likely.

I always thought that one goes to Pirelli when they wish to swap the tyres for their M3s, AMGs, RSs but glad that I came out of this outlet a learned man.

Question though, why is Pirelli not in the usual recommendation list, Michelin, Yokos and Bridgestone seem to hog the maximum limelight in tyre discussions, here on tbhp and as well as generally.
fine69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 17:09   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tyres, Alloys, Alignment & Balancing - Pirelli Tyre Point (East of Kailash, New Delhi)

Quote:
Office Mgr: We are a company owned outlet.
Quote:
Office Mgr: This outlet is more of an advertising platform, the company wishes to continue for now.
Possible but again to me it appears to be managed by their C&F or master distributor in India. Believe me, it's too complicated to operate a single retail outlet for an MNC company. Anyways this looks better than regular owner driven model where prices changes at whims and fancies.

Quote:
why is Pirelli not in the usual recommendation list
I will say due to lack of availability and reach. Other companies have a solid distribution network whereas most of the Pirellis you get are without ISI marks implying with no warranty, at least that's what I have seen.

Quote:
The office manager was very confident that their Fortuner tyres would easily run upto 1 lakh kms
That will be too much perhaps.

Quote:
Are you saying that I'll get no warranty if I buy Pirellis from here?
No, I was referring to my earlier experiences elsewhere.

Quote:
an Innova owner came inquiring about the tyres and after 5 mins got all this tyres changed.
Well, they do have a strong brand recall, who can forget their lovely calendars

Just check the invoice they gave to you, does it say Pirreli India or something like that or even the charge slip? That can surely confirm ownership.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th August 2017 at 17:37.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2017, 17:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Possible but again to me it appears to be managed by their C&F or master distributor in India. Believe me, it's too complicated to operate a single retail outlet for an MNC company.
Hmm, quite possible.
Quote:
Anyways this looks better than regular owner driven model where prices changes at whims and fancies.
I agree! Second thing would be that these guys would always have genuine products, which may not be the case elsewhere.
Quote:
I will say due to lack of availability and reach. Other companies have a solid distribution network whereas most of the Pirellis you get are without ISI marks implying with no warranty, at least that's what I have seen.
Are you saying that I'll get no warranty if I buy Pirellis from here? I doubt if the tyres are without warranty because an Innova owner came inquiring about the tyres and after 5 mins got all this tyres changed. While I never overheard the conversation he didn't look the kind of guy who'd buy tyres without getting any warranty on them when everywhere else they give some warranty.
Quote:
I don't think any tyres will last that long.
I agree, especially on a Fortuner which would most likely see some off-road trails every now and then. I could only find nilanjanray's thread where he used Pirellis but there hasn't been any update beyond 44k mark. Even if they last 50-60k they'd be great given their price point.
Old 1st October 2017, 10:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Although I echo peoples sentiments that it's a great workshop they are not too bothered about inquiries and quite expensive. I contacted them about Pirelli P Zero's for a friend M3 and they didn't even get back within the time the set was procured and sent to Mumbai for a friend. Also I got my 328i balancing/alignment done there at a hefty Rs 3500.
Old 2nd October 2017, 01:46   #7
BHPian

As good as this looks, Star Wheels in Gurgaon stocks similar equipment and balancing machines and charges half the price. Just a suggestion, if you are in Gurgoan.
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 18:52   #8
BHPian

Have these guys moved to Faridabad? Any recent experiences?
Old 22nd August 2021, 14:09   #9
BHPian

Now open at Malviya Nagar, Shivalik Main Road.

They're also keeping other major tyre brands.

I was crossing the area, so just stopped to get wheel balancing & alignment done.
MAG9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 10:30   #10
BHPian

How are the Pirelli tyres in 195/55 R16? How do they compare with Continental UC6? Are they Indian manufactured?
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 12:15   #11
BHPian

Got a recent quote for Rs. 1900 from these guys. That's a third more than Dawn Auto or tyre company stores in Indirapuram.

Most Viewed