Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 11:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)

I looked on teambhp about Classic Service Point Noida, however I am surprised to find that it is not listed on our directory so far! There are some isolated references about this place but no dedicated thread. So here it goes...

Classic Service Point, Noida is a multi-brand servicing facility in heart of the Noida city. Situated in Sector 3, right behind the Sector 15 Metro Station, this garage is run by a super nice chap, called Nirankar Tangri. This particular place used to be an authorized Mahindra service centre back in the days and now has been converted into an independent facility where all possible vehicle maintenance related work can be done at very reasonable prices. Honestly speaking, this place is one of the best independent garages in Delhi NCR, that I have seen a long time. Some of the facilities I have observed at this place are...
  • Dedicated huge team of mechanics, having expertise in maintenance of multiple car brands - especially SUVs
  • In-House Paint Booth facility - including paint baking.
  • Dedicated in-house spare store, most of the consumable items of regular cars available on the spot.
  • Expertise in Classic Jeep's Restoration - Pay a visit to the place and it's not a surprise to find Classic Willys, Jeeps from 1960s etc visiting for maintenance and restoration.
  • Electric Lift available for underbody work - No jugaads like putting multiple jacks for such works.
  • Alignment and Balancing Facilities Available on-site
  • Dedicated service bays for work.
  • Fabrication workshop inside the facility - can undertake most of custom works. Need a custom bumper for Thar/V Cross/Fortuner etc. No problem. Need Hard Top for jeeps etc. No Problem. Need custom roof racks, rock sliders, roof top tents etc - No Problem! Basically, anything and everything that can be custom made can be built here.
  • Car Washing facilities available on-site.
  • Honest Operations - Mr. Nirankar Tangri is one of the most dedicated and humble people I have encountered. He carefully listens to your needs and suggests the coursework as per your requirement.

However, I must point out that due to popularity of the place, it is almost always busy and full of cars. Therefore, the advance appointment for work is required and many people may find the turnaround time for custom works a bit long. Although, additional time is worth it IMHO because of the quality of the work.

What work I have done from them?
  • Recent installation of ARB suspension on my Fortuner.
  • Modification of fuel tank's protection plate on my Fortuner. Details Here

Both work completed to my satisfaction and at very reasonable costs too!

Contact Details of Classic Service Point.

Classic Service Point
A 27, Sector 3, Block A, Sector 3, Noida
Contact Details: 0120 457 5201; Mr. Nirankar Tangri's Cellphone (+91 9810156477 / +91 9873356477)

Google Maps Location Here

Disclaimer: I have no business affiliation with this place. Just wanted to highlight it because of the awesome facilities they have and work they have done on my car. Such places are super-rare in Delhi NCR.
Ace F355 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 11:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)

Here is a couple of pictures from Classic. First one is the modified ford Endeavour which accompanies us during our weekend off-road sessions; all the modification work has been done at Classic. My apologies I do not have any more pics at my end currently, will click more pics next time I visit the place.

Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)-img20171011wa0001.jpg

This pic is from the inside premises of Classic... Endeavour was getting upgraded with ARB suspension that day. The following modifications that have been done by Classic on this car.
  • Front Custom Bumper - For better Approach angle. The owner of the car, Manish, didn't want the bullbar shape and hence bumper was designed to replace the OEM bumper with reduced overhangs and off-road abilities. The bumper also houses a 30" LED bar (just above the front registration plate).
  • Antenna Bar - Once the car was equipped with CB Radio, the President guys gave us the option to use either magnetic mount to be used on top of roof or put the antenna on the front bumper for better reception.
  • Snorkel
  • Rock Sliders - Barely visible in this pic though, they are mounted on the chassis and kind of a must-have item for cars like Endeavour and V-Cross where wheel base is quite long and car runs the risk of beaching in middle of the obstacles. They are made of 3mm stainless steel piping and take the full weight of the car very well.
  • Rear Bumper - Again, not visible in this pic... but rear bumper is almost impossible to distinguish in this car, it is so well integrated. Made of steel and designed in such a way that departure angles of the car is improved by a couple of degrees.

Team at Classic is also working on .anshuman's newly bought V-Cross.

Bed Liner installation in progress.
Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)-img20171011wa0014.jpg

Custom Rear Bumper fabrication underway...
Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)-img20171011wa0013.jpg

Bed liner, Lid for the cargo bay, custom rock sliders and rear bumper expected to be stage 1 of modifications on this V-Cross.

.anshuman will share more and better pics once the work is complete and car is delivered, expected around coming weekend.
Ace F355 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 17:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)

Thanks for opening this thread. Mr Nirankar & his team has been taking care of all our vehicles for last close to 7 years including my Jeep, The Alto & at present the V-cross. The Jeep got its major mechanical upgrade (including front OKBJ differential installation, new steering & brake booster assembly, disc brakes up front, Gearbox check up etc) & cosmetic modifications (soft top & soft doors for the Jeep) done here apart from the regular servicing & a brand new customized wiring harness for the electricals. Post expiry of the warranty, the Alto is being serviced all along here itself. And now some major work in the V-Cross has also been done very recently here.
The major expertise of the team definitely lies in handling 4x4 vehicles & SUVs in terms of mechanical things as well as exterior add-ons. Really spacious working areas, skilled & disciplined workers, exhaustive stock of spares and now a proper paint-booth, this is an awesome workshop in Noida. But personally I feel the greatest USP of Classic is the way they handle the customers. Mr Nirankar is a such a gentleman, yet thorough professional in his executions & commitments and doesn't hesitate at all to modify things to the customer's satisfaction even though it costs him good amount of time & effort. In today's time this is extremely rare for a professional garage. Also another advantage is most of the people here have been working at Classic for quite a long time, thereby putting up a cohesive workforce with synergy & sincerity.
IIRC, one of the Scorpios modified by this team few years ago, has recently been awarded the 'best modified Scorpio' by Mr Anand Mahindra himself.
Kandisa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 15:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

How are the labour charges compared to Toyota? Would it be a good idea to get an out of warranty Fortuner 4x4 serviced here instead of at Toyota?
Old 9th November 2017, 11:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

I was at Classic yesterday for getting my winch serviced and getting a light bar installed. .anshuman was also there to drop his V Cross for installation of rear trunk lid. Awesome work by Classic workshop again. My winch's control box had stopped working due to water ingress and I sourced a new one. Guys at Classic installed the new box and also the light bar which I had privately sourced, as a replacement of my Hella 3003 spot lights. Below are some of the pics I clicked yesterday.

Entrance of the workshop, we reached quite early in the morning, to take advantage of workforce to our benefit.
Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)-img_20171108_164634.jpg

Winch Box, now installed at good height and in the 2nd battery space provided by Toyota. Water ingress should not be an issue anymore. There is still more space, enough to install an on-board air compressor (like ARB) which should be one of the next set of mods on my car.
Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)-img20171108wa0002.jpg

30" LED light bar being installed on the Bullbar, replacing the set of Hella spot lamps. This is a Spot/Spread Combination bar, by a brand called Aurora. I think once the custom art leather cover in black is made for the bar, it should hide from prying eyes completely. Should also take care of legalities attached with light bars.
Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)-img20171108wa0001.jpg

Car being sent for cleaning after all work was done.
Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)-img_20171108_164536.jpg

Also met BHPians Unavowed_X9 and fine69 at the workshop. Unavowed_X9 was there to drop his Pajero GLX for some work (which you can see in the pic below). Good to see you both.
Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)-img_20171108_164719.jpg

V Cross getting its bullbar and snorkel installed.
Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)-img_20171108_164807.jpg

Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)-img_20171108_164834.jpg

.anshuman, checking out a Willys Jeep at the workshop.
Maintenance, repairs, mods & spare parts - Classic Service Point (Sector 3, Noida)-img_20171108_095821.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
How are the labour charges compared to Toyota? Would it be a good idea to get an out of warranty Fortuner 4x4 serviced here instead of at Toyota?
I am sure you would have known answer to your question by now. I personally find Classic's prices very reasonable. About the servicing, its not a bad idea to get your car serviced there, but why leave Toyota anyway? I still get my car serviced at Toyota and only come out for odd jobs/custom works or any other significant work which I feel is too expensive at Toyota (because of their lack of child-part replacement policy).

Last edited by Ace F355 : 9th November 2017 at 12:01.
Ace F355 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 19:28   #6
GRV
BHPian

Hi
My merc C class (w 204) is 5 years old and requires break pads change. I am looking for independent garage as dealer is too expensive. Any suggestions for Delhi / Gurgaon / Noida garage ? Any specific experience with German motor mechanics , or european motor works ?
Old 18th November 2017, 20:07   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRV View Post
Hi
My merc C class (w 204) is 5 years old and requires break pads change. I am looking for independent garage as dealer is too expensive. Any suggestions for Delhi / Gurgaon / Noida garage ? Any specific experience with German motor mechanics , or european motor works ?
Krishna Motor garage in CP regularly handles german cars, a regular job like break pads would be an easy task. You can find them on Google Maps.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 14:24   #8
GRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Krishna Motor garage in CP regularly handles german cars, a regular job like break pads would be an easy task. You can find them on Google Maps.

Thanks a lot sir, I spoke to them. Have you had personal experience with their work in terms of quality and genuineness

regards
Old 20th November 2017, 17:14   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks a lot sir, I spoke to them. Have you had personal experience with their work in terms of quality and genuineness

regards
I have had experience with them with respect to a few cars and some of my friends but not necessarily german cars. But they are pretty old workshop with experience in import cars, and quick turnaround times. They service everything from vintage to latest germans, so I believe they will be a reliable choice.

Oh and no need for Sir. I'm just 22
Old 21st November 2017, 16:29   #10
GRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I have had experience with them with respect to a few cars and some of my friends but not necessarily german cars. But they are pretty old workshop with experience in import cars, and quick turnaround times. They service everything from vintage to latest germans, so I believe they will be a reliable choice.

Oh and no need for Sir. I'm just 22
Thanks for response. I spoke again, getting more comfort. Now my focus is how to ensure that breakpad that I buy is genuine and not a cheap imitation /fake one. I checked with Garage and they said that they believe that what they are buying from dealer is genuine.

So it comes down to how much I can trust the dealer who is supplying the pads.
Old 21st November 2017, 16:33   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for response. I spoke again, getting more comfort. Now my focus is how to ensure that breakpad that I buy is genuine and not a cheap imitation /fake one. I checked with Garage and they said that they believe that what they are buying from dealer is genuine.

So it comes down to how much I can trust the dealer who is supplying the pads.
Parts haven't been a problem with them. I guess you could ask them to keep the box or even look at sourcing it yourself if you are that worried. And I'm sure there are 3rd party good brands like Bosch etc. with compatible parts.
Old 24th June 2018, 12:20   #12
BHPian

First of all, a big thank you to Ace F355 for introducing us to Classic Service Point and Mr. Nirankar Tangri. When I could not find any readymade Roof Carrier for my Duster AWD 2016 Model (due to its wider roof rails), I contacted Mr. Tangri to ask him if he can fabricate one for me. He shared pictures of various Roof Carriers that he has fabricated for his customers for all kinds of SUVs. I liked the pictures and went to his workshop. He took the measurements of the roof of the Duster and placed a pre-fabricated Roof Carrier on the roof to give me an idea of how the roof carrier will look on the vehicle. I placed the order, paid advance and in 20 days the new roof carrier was ready and installed on my Duster.

I have already posted the pictures of my Duster with the Roof Carrier on the thread about Roof Racks. Link below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...arriers-6.html

I have to add, in today's world when almost all service providers are out there to cheat you, Mr. Tangri is a rare find, a thorough gentleman and I found him very knowledgeable also about all kinds of modification works and vehicles. I think he deserves to be given an honorary membership of this forum.
Old 9th June 2019, 11:50   #13
BHPian

I am planning to get my Linea's door dented and painted. Will it be a good idea to get the work done in Classic Service Point? From the reviews it is clear that the center is good in regular servicing and custom fitting. However I didn't find any review pertaining to denting and painting.

It would be helpful if someone can share their feedback on the quality of denting and painting work done here.
Old 18th June 2019, 14:54   #14
BHPian

Had a very horrid experience with this workshop. I was on the look out for a good workshop where I can get my Linea's door dented and painted. Reviews of this workshop were good, so I decided to get the work done here.

June 8: Took the car to the workshop for an inspection. Met Mr. Nirankar in his office. He inspected the car and gave a reasonable estimate and turnaround time for the work. Later that day I called him to fix an appointment. He gave an appointment for Wednesday.

June 12 (Wednesday): I took the car to the workshop. The plan was to drop the car at the workshop and take a metro from the nearby station to work from there. I was shocked when Mr. Nirankar lied that he had told me to bring the car on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. Despite knowing that he had told to bring the car on Wednesday I did not argue with him and asked to suggest an alternate date. He then told me to bring the car on Friday. He also noted down my name and number on a notepad. During the conversation he told me that if I am in hurry I can get the work done from his other workshop in Sector 67, which I declined because that workshop does not have a paint booth.

June 13 (Thursday): At around 6 PM, I called Mr. Nirankar to confirm my scheduled appointment for Friday. I was surprised when he callously told me to cancel the appointment. He said that he has lot of work and that he won't be able to take my car tomorrow. When I asked him to suggest an alternate date, he said he is busy and will call me back. Few minutes later I received a call from someone in his workshop who told me to bring the car next week. When I asked him to give a specific day, he randomly said "what is today? Thursday? bring the car on next Thursday". When asked about the reason for delay, he said that the painter is not well.

June 16 (Sunday): Since the workshop is closed on Monday and given the past precedents, I thought of calling the workshop to confirm my appointment for Thursday. Here is how the discussion went:
Mr. Nirankar: "Hum wo car nahi lenge" (We won't take the car)
Me: "Kyun?" (Why?)
Mr. Nirankar: "Boss, Nahi lenge.. abhi bahut gaadiyaan hain" (Boss, We won't take it. we have too many cars)
Me: "Aap koi alternate date bata do" (Let me know any other date)
Mr. Nirankar: "Boss.. nahi le payenge appki gaadi" (Boss we won't be able to take your car)
Me: "Kyun" (Why?)
Mr. Nirankar: "Painter ki bhai ka accident ho gaya hai. pata nahi wo kab aayega. kahin auur se karwa lo" (Painter's brother had an accident. I don't know when he will be back. You get the work done from some other place)

I was really taken aback with the callousness in his statements. While I had been refering him as 'Nirankar Ji', he was addressing me sarcastically as 'Boss'.

June 17 (Monday): A colleague of mine called Mr. Nirankar to get an estimate on getting his car full body painted. Guess what, the painter was available and Mr. Nirankar was ready to take the car same day.

So it turned out that Mr. Nirankar was lying all this while. Due to reason best known to him (I suspect it to be the small ticket size), he kept on giving one reason or the other to not accept the car. He could have revised the price or straight away said 'no' on the first day itself, instead of taking me for a ride with his blatant lies and wasting my time. The worst part was the utter disdain with which he talked to me during our last conversation. Will not recommend this workshop to anyone.
MBond007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 11:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

The work experience lately on the workshop has been hit or miss actually. Hearing these stories from multiple set of people, I haven't visited the place during lockdown so I am not too sure myself. Are they having issues with skilled labor availability, especially post COVID lockdown?

Guys, please keep posting your inputs on the work - it helps the new people decide about the place more transparently.
Ace F355 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed