Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2021, 12:21   #1
BHPian

Honest and Trustworthy Accessory Shop - Ahuja Car Dec, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi

Dear All,

I am posting this review after 20 years of availing services of this shop - Ahuja Car Dec, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi.
Here is the complete address and location:
Ahuja Car Dec
B- 40, Lajpat Nagar- 2,
New Delhi- 110024.
Ph: 011 4172 1231,
Contact Mr Ahuja Mobile: 9810106294
https://maps.app.goo.gl/bdb867Xe9aXLfffeA
This shop is in the Car Accessory Lane close to the Defense Colony Flyover.

The shop has a weekly off on Mondays. I prefer going there on a weekday as it is very busy on weekends and you don't get the kind of attention and time you need.

I think it is very difficult to find accessory shops these days which are honest and trustworthy. I have been availing services of this shop for the last 20 years starting with a Pinoneer Music System for my Non-CRDE Scorpio, to JBL Speakers for my Camry. Just recently I got an Android Multimedia System installed in the Grand Vitara 2.4 that I acquired just a few weeks ago.

They deal in all kind of Audio / Multimedia Systems including Pioneer, Sony, and Androids - Unplug, GoMechanic etc.

Last week I got an Unlplug Brand Android 10 4GB/64GB System with Wired and Wireless Apple Car Play and Android Auto Installed. It is difficult to find a frame for Grand Vitara, but a proper 9" Frame and Cable was sourced for my Grand Vitara in a few days. I was told that I could use the system for a few days and even get it replaced with something else if I am not fully satisfied. Like a true BHPian I extensively tested the Android system for a few days and went back for a few tweaks which they did with a smile. I reported that the inbuilt mic was not perfect, so they installed an external mic for me without any extra cost. I requested them to move the GPS antenna out, and they did that. They gave me a screen protector for the 9" Android system for free. They will leave no stoned upturned to make you satisfied with your install, and let me tell you it's not an easy task to make a BHPian fully satisfied.

What I like:
1. Totally honest and transparent people. They will give you what they promise. There are so many Android systems with faked RAM and Android Versions. They will never give you those. I tested my System with CPU-Z and DeviceInfoHW apps and it is exactly what I purchased.
2. Have a complete range of Music Systems, Mats, Cabin Lights, Seat covers etc.
3. The same installer Shafiq is there for more than 15 years now and he has an eye for detail. He does follow any advice you give him and he does his job with perfection. You can collaborate your ideas with his. Like I took my fuse tap and guided him how to install my hotspot and TPMS Power and he did exactly what I wanted him to do.
4. Prices are really reasonable.

What I don't like :
1. They are in a crowded place and traffic jams in the nearby lanes are sometimes a pain.
2. They have space for just 2 cars in front of their shop and if you go without an appointment you might have to wait for your turn.

I'm attaching some pictures of the shop here.

Feel free to give my reference (Amit Kalra) of Team-bhp

Styler
Attached Thumbnails
Honest and Trustworthy Accessory Shop - Ahuja Car Dec, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi-ahuja1.jpg  

Honest and Trustworthy Accessory Shop - Ahuja Car Dec, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi-ahuja2.jpg  

Honest and Trustworthy Accessory Shop - Ahuja Car Dec, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi-ahuja3.jpg  

Honest and Trustworthy Accessory Shop - Ahuja Car Dec, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi-ahuja4.jpg  

Honest and Trustworthy Accessory Shop - Ahuja Car Dec, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi-ahuja5.jpg  

Styler is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 04:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honest and Trustworthy Accessory Shop - Ahuja Car Dec, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi

Have known the owner, Gaurav Bhaiya for like 20 years now and they’re my go to shop for accessories.

Their USP is integrity, at times certain purchases are made without much research and I solely go by what he suggests. On my XL6, I was fed up of the speakers Maruti provided and just parked the car in front of his shop one fine evening and based on his advice, went ahead with Morel’s budget components. He knew I wasn’t going to change the HU hence, asked me to stay within the budget series only.

Apart from the audio offerings, Gaurav Bhaiya also undertakes customised seat covers across different materials. The last purchase I think would’ve been Drivn’s Mats for XL6 and the i20 from him alongside few Ken Car Fragrances.

He has everything when it comes to accessories and at the right price. I live nearby and know almost all the accessory store owners but none compares to him. There has never been a single wrong incident with me or my friends (even BHPians).

Last edited by tsk13 : 19th December 2021 at 04:36.
tsk13 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 15:44   #3
BHPian

Re: Honest and Trustworthy Accessory Shop - Ahuja Car Dec, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi

Dear Friends,

I recently acquired a used Polo and completely restored it. I got another Unplug 9" 4GB/64GB Android System with Wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play from Gaurav for the Polo. I also got the Central Locking and some other things done there.

You can read the story of my Polo and see some pictures here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5365536 (How I ended up getting a pre-owned 10-year old VW Polo to teach my daughter driving)

I am grateful to Gaurav and his team for helping me in another fulfilling restoration.

Styler

Last edited by Styler : 26th July 2022 at 15:47.
Old 18th August 2022, 22:10   #4
BHPian

I have availed this shop's services by sheer coincidence. I had to get my dashcam installed on the Ciaz. I was at BK Tyre with another friend and just happened to cross this shop and decided to get it done. Fabulous work and happy with their work.
RoadGlide is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks