Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2011, 13:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Car Accessories, Audio etc. - Autozone (Gurgaon)

This shop has moved around 500m towards Sec-14.I have visited this shop for my ice requirements but it is good only for buying. Installers are noob. Infact they installed my amplifier a little diagonally and inverted.Moreover they have no idea about tuning -gains,lpf,hpf etc..
Old 6th June 2012, 13:03   #32
BHPian

[quote=bloodred;2448909] The guy whom I bumped into didn't seem very interested to talk. Told him I'm looking for sunfilm for my Laura. He said he only stocks Garware and 3M (quoted some series which, given his eagerness to get over with me, I couldn't figure out despite knowing the series by heart). Asked him if he can fit CR / RE. He said no and ended the conversation. Was not at all interested to recommend anything else / make a sale.

quote]

You bet bloodred, their attitude will bring the doom to carplus.. and they are well on their way to it. Stocking up well on the back of huge pile of cash is no way to success but they seems to have miss this small bit of business acumen in this "connected" world
Old 15th July 2012, 17:09   #33
BHPian

Reliance Autozone is something which I can also recommend, having scouted the store for quite a few accessories and find them to be having a large quantity and variety in stock, including BMW authorised accessories, or at least what I found was that the store salesmen are having enough knowledge about the parts that you ask about, an indication that they mean business.
Old 15th July 2013, 00:12   #34
BHPian

Dealing with Autozone(Deepak and Gagan) for over three months now and here is my honest review.

Products/Parts the stock : All kinds of accessories for all majorly popular cars. They have all fancy accessories including Projectors, Alloy Wheels, Hella's(Authorised Dealers), ICE equipments(Good Stock), Seat Covers(Autoform), KnightRiders/Halo's , Perfume's and Sparco Accessories too.

Products I got[Esteem 2006] - Projectors with CCFL rings, Car Perfume, Tube Sub. + Amplifier, Dome Lights, Seat covers etc.

Installation time : They take a long time and there are noticeable delays even after you have 4 people working on your car. The Owners are nice and friendly, but expect them to fake you when it comes to the time of installation. I reached the place at 11. My seat covers were done at 2:50. A hefty 4 hours. The projectors took another 5 hours along with the ICE.

Installers : They are n00b. They do not understand the equipment. Their wiring is clumsy. They work like they are not paid for it. They often are inconsiderate and do not care about the equipment. My experience with them regarding the seat cover's was good, and that was it. My sub is underpowered(He never told me the amplifier is not powerful enough). They did not even told me about dampening the car(It does rattle a lot).

Pricing/VFM : Do not expect the to give discounts. The ICE was spot on MRP. The projectors were chinese and I was asked to pay Rs.11,500. The Same projectors are available for a healthy Rs.7500 at Ebay and Rs.8600 at Blaze(Chattarpur). Almost all their products are sold at MRP. When I told them I am a bhp'ian,they asked me for the car sticker which unexpectedly had to be removed when I got my bumpers touched up.So no discount on that part too.

Also, in these 3 months, both my CCFL ring relay's have been replaced once and I have been charged Rs. 1500 for a Rs.150 part. Overall, an unskilled and unwelcoming experience. I would suggest you to look for shops in Delhi, they are much courteous than hot headed Gurgaon'ites.
Also, do not head into Deepak. He is a rude chap. Gagan is nicer.

Last edited by devilwearsprada : 15th July 2013 at 00:13. Reason: Forgot to add a point.
devilwearsprada is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 11:38   #35
Mik
BHPian

Spurred on by generally favorable reviews on team-bhp, I have got some work done by this store too.

Things installed
1. Red (with chrome inserts) side beading
2. Art Leather wrapped steering with red thread.
3. Autoform Seat Covers with red thread.

The good:
1. Friendly people. They love their gypsys and you can actually have a good conversation with them.
2. Resourceful - my red thread demand was unique. So was my red beading with chrome insert request for the Figo (Red figo - rarity in white obsessed north India) Stuff like Sparco etc is available.

The bad:
1. Was being billed for a higher model of autoform with 25% discount. Checked out the real prices and confronted them. They were evasive and then changed the pricing but this time with 23% discount and extra charges on CC payment (previously they claimed they don't charge extra)
The fraud was being propagated by the employee and one of the brothers kept quiet initially.
2. Too much time taken for installation.
You need to do constant supervision as the employees are not that enthusiastic.

The installation:
1. The seat cover has been in use for 4 months and is still perfect. So no problems there.
2. The steering wheel cover with red stitching was shoddy to begin with. But, no loose hanging threads so far.

Will I go there again: Most probably no unless its a small job.
Mik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 23:46   #36
BHPian

A little update on my side. I was looking for Dynaedge 20/18 for my car and headed to Reliance Auto(Ambience). They did a nice clean and quick install. Also got a wax and a microfiber cloth from them. Nice Experience overall but they do have a limited and repetitive range. For Audio products, the best bet is to look for a shop like 'Driven' or 'Motor Concepts' who pioneer the Audio Installations.

Also, just another note : Living in Gurgaon for the last 18 years, it is better to go to Delhi and have the install done. It is a waste of your hard earned money when you come across rude chaps with zero Business Ethics and unprofessional attitude.
I had my Car AC repaired in Gurgaon once. The AC went kaput in two weeks. I was fortunately in Delhi, found a corner shop/repair guy and got the AC done for 150 Rs. It hasn't given me a problem for 5 months now.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2019, 16:01   #37
BHPian

I went to AutoZone Gurgaon this weekend and would rate my overall experience as moderate. Work I got done on my Brezza :

1. Active Subwoofer Installation - Pioneer
2. Damping of 4 doors - STP
3. Chinese LED reflector lights on the rear bumper

What I liked:

1. A good space to easily park your car.
2. The variety of each kind of accessory.
3. The tools being used to work on the car panels and interiors
4. Installation knowledge of the guys working on the car in terms of what goes through where and how.
5. Gagan "sort of" kept a check on what was going on
6. The clientele at this shop. Pilots, Top brass Gurgaon Police officials were the few I met.
7. Authencity of products on offer

What I did not like:

1. The shop could have been better organized. It was messy with stuff all over the floor despite the huge size of the shop.
2. The installers were good however had ZERO understanding of tuning. No idea about Highs, Mids and Lows. Just randomly turning knobs to fit the bill.
3. Pricing is on the higher side, contrary to the intial experience of a few bhpians.
4. Gagan participated actively only after he got to know that I'm a teambhp member.
5. I had to ask for a bill and the warranty card to be stamped and the serial no. The sardarji sitting at the billing counter was hardly interested.

Overall, I think I am satisfied with their services if not impressed, and driving from Rohini was almost worth it. I had to stop at the corner of Atul Kataria chowk and re-tune everything because their tuning was way beyond miserable. However, I am happy with the physical work done on the car and how only what need to be opened was opened and everything was put back together without a rattle.

Registered my sub on the Pioneer website and found peace that I have not been given a fake product.

Deepesh
Attached Thumbnails
Car Accessories, Audio etc. - Autozone (Gurgaon)-20190419_190338.jpg  

Car Accessories, Audio etc. - Autozone (Gurgaon)-20190419_190218.jpg  

Car Accessories, Audio etc. - Autozone (Gurgaon)-20190419_190642.jpg  

Car Accessories, Audio etc. - Autozone (Gurgaon)-20190419_193715.jpg  

Car Accessories, Audio etc. - Autozone (Gurgaon)-20190419_190845.jpg  

Car Accessories, Audio etc. - Autozone (Gurgaon)-20190419_200426.jpg  

Car Accessories, Audio etc. - Autozone (Gurgaon)-20190421_014252.jpg  

DeepeshKarnik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 15:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
I went to AutoZone Gurgaon this weekend and would rate my overall experience as moderate.

What I did not like:

1. The shop could have been better organized. It was messy with stuff all over the floor despite the huge size of the shop.
2. The installers were good however had ZERO understanding of tuning. No idea about Highs, Mids and Lows. Just randomly turning knobs to fit the bill.
3. Pricing is on the higher side, contrary to the intial experience of a few bhpians.
4. Gagan participated actively only after he got to know that I'm a teambhp member.
5. I had to ask for a bill and the warranty card to be stamped and the serial no. The sardarji sitting at the billing counter was hardly interested.
To be honest, there are about 5 better shops in Gurgaon than AutoZone, the quality of wiring they use is shoddy at best, which you'll know in a few months when it will burn through the carpet like it did on mine
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 18:44   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
To be honest, there are about 5 better shops in Gurgaon than AutoZone, the quality of wiring they use is shoddy at best, which you'll know in a few months when it will burn through the carpet like it did on mine
Oh jeez ! They opened a sealed pack of the BOSS wiring kit so I wasn't remotely worried about it ... god bless me !
Old 2nd May 2019, 18:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
Oh jeez ! They opened a sealed pack of the BOSS wiring kit so I wasn't remotely worried about it ... god bless me !
Not a reliable brand at all, please switch to Focal/Auditor wiring just to make sure.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Autozone is pretty crap IMHO, and ridiculously overpriced at that. I went to them since they are close to my house. I had approached them for seat covers, and the prices they were quoting for art leather, I can get genuine leather for a little more! the guy in charge was least interested in getting business since he refused flat out to bargain. I got the same covers at a little over half the quoted price from Sai accessories in old Gurgaon (kataria chowk)
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 20:29   #42
BHPian

Any other recommendations besides Autozone? I wanted to get the stock HU and speakers changed in my corolla Altis. Thx
Old 1st February 2021, 15:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Any other recommendations besides Autozone? I wanted to get the stock HU and speakers changed in my corolla Altis. Thx
Driven has shifted to MG road will be close to you. Alternately Motor Concepts in Kirti Nagar. You can checkout both of these on Insta.
Karan_n8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 21:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
Driven/Motor Concepts. Another good shop is Motorhub opposite Good Earth Mall. He did my audio install on the Polo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks