Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2015, 11:30   #241
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR

Gurgaon - has anyone tried the relatively new IOC bunk on the Artemis Hospital Road (Wazirabad road/close to the Good Luck Society).

I have got a couple of partial fill ups done from them in past without any issues. Owing to this, got a tankful yesterday and the car seems to be very sluggish now.

Any reviews?

P.S. It's a 24 hours open bunk.
Old 28th November 2015, 21:55   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Gurgaon - has anyone tried the relatively new IOC bunk on the Artemis Hospital Road (Wazirabad road/close to the Good Luck Society).

I have got a couple of partial fill ups done from them in past without any issues. Owing to this, got a tankful yesterday and the car seems to be very sluggish now.

Any reviews?

P.S. It's a 24 hours open bunk.

Do you mean the one next to the Hyundai service centre? I regularly use it and have had good experience. The staff at night though are really lazy and I really don't feel like waking them up to fill my car.

But the BP opposite Gold Souk has better staff. Ever during the nights. And for some reason I trust their fuel more

These days I am filling up fuel from the HP pump near hong kong bazaar on the golf course extension road. Not sure of the quality there as yet. Only a few more tank fulls would help me make an informed decision. But stay away from filling air at this pump. Last time my alloys got a few scratches around the nozzle while the guy was filling air. I noticed it after I reached home
v_2rahjo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2015, 00:28   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterace View Post
Just for information, I have faced bad engine vibrations in my car on filling up at a petrol pump on Mall road (near Jubilee Hall hostel) as late as 2012. What can be the reason for that? Also, a particular pump makes my car run butter smooth. Is there any significant difference in the quality of petrol of various OMCs?
The pump you are refering to is i guess narain service station and ironically he only takes fuel supplies in company owned volvo tankers which are automated and gps tracked and manned by hpcl drivers , reasons for vibrations are well beyond my comprehension. As on date be it hpcl iocl or bpcl the no. Of checks and balances in place in the NCT is so severe that no one in their right minds will even think of comprimising quality!

There is no difference in quality of fuel of any omc all are the same. If some one can prove it otherwise scientifically we all will be indebted
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 12:50   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Do you mean the one next to the Hyundai service centre?
Nope, this one is on the Artemis Hospital road. It's on your right side before you reach Artemis Hospital on your left.

Quote:
But the BP opposite Gold Souk has better staff. Ever during the nights. And for some reason I trust their fuel more
I second that. The staff and overall experience is much better here. Fuel wise, I have never had issues with this BP bunk.

Quote:
But stay away from filling air at this pump. Last time my alloys got a few scratches around the nozzle while the guy was filling air. I noticed it after I reached home
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 21st December 2015, 17:04   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Has anyone mentioned the erstwhile HP COCO pump behind Ashoka Hotel? It is on Nyaya Marg. Has been around since the 1960s, as per my grandfather. Quality is perfect, quantity is perfect. They have a convenience store, nitrogen, and a really good tyre puncher guy. Is open till about 12 in the night.

What about the Indian Oil Petrol Pump on the same road, right next to the HP pump. Any feedback on the quality of Petrol and Diesel at this pump?
Old 21st December 2015, 17:12   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavb View Post
What about the Indian Oil Petrol Pump on the same road, right next to the HP pump. Any feedback on the quality of Petrol and Diesel at this pump?
Won't be better than the HP, really. I go out of my way to this one because I get the best tankful to tankful fuel economy. Plus, better service and facilities.
Old 21st December 2015, 17:16   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Won't be better than the HP, really. I go out of my way to this one because I get the best tankful to tankful fuel economy. Plus, better service and facilities.
I asked because I use an Indian Oil co branded credit card and hence would like to stick to IOC if the quality is good.

Also, any idea on the IOC outlet which you encounter when you turn left from Siri Fort Road on Josip Broz Tito Marg towards Moolchand. Is this a COCO?

Suggestions on any other good IOC pumps near/on the ring road are welcome.

Cheers!

Last edited by abhinavb : 21st December 2015 at 17:19.
Old 21st December 2015, 21:30   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Also, any idea on the IOC outlet which you encounter when you turn left from Siri Fort Road on Josip Broz Tito Marg towards Moolchand. Is this a COCO?
Hi Abhinav,

I believe you are referring to the bunk near IOC office and The Indian School. It is called 'Centre Half Service Station' & is NOT a COCO.

If you turn right from Siri Fort Road on Josip Broz Tito Marg towards Chiragh Delhi, you would find a COCO on your right. This is one of my favourite bunks. I try to fill in when I pass through this route which is not very often.
rx2389 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 10:48   #249
BHPian

Quote:
The quality of fuel at the indian oil bunk is same as the quality of fuel at the HPCL pump right next to it. No difference in quality at either of the 2.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:26   #250
BHPian

Quote:
I asked because I use an Indian Oil co branded credit card and hence would like to stick to IOC if the quality is good.

Suggestions on any other good IOC pumps near/on the ring road are welcome.

Cheers!
The one right after Panchsheel Enclave (when coming from Chirag Dilli) is a good one though. They also have 93 octane, so I do use this pump frequently.

Have used that pump too, but only a time or two - don't remember the details.

Singh Motors, the BP bunk between GK1 and Nehru Place is where I fill up from most frequently.
Old 23rd December 2015, 02:41   #251
Senior - BHPian

This used to be one of my regular fill joints until the metro work started, couple of the the pump attendants asked me to lay off till the metro work was done. Per them their tanks are taking in quite a bit of dust in fact the BP guys across the road were also vociferous on this subject.

Quote:
The one right after Panchsheel Enclave (when coming from Chirag Dilli) is a good one though. They also have 93 octane, so I do use this pump frequently.
Old 23rd December 2015, 14:39   #252
BHPian

Getting fuel filled at HP petrol pump near India Gate. I have noticed more fuel comes into the car when filling at pumps near government offices.

Chances of cheating here is less, maybe its just psychological.
Old 23rd December 2015, 15:20   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
This used to be one of my regular fill joints until the metro work started, couple of the the pump attendants asked me to lay off till the metro work was done. Per them their tanks are taking in quite a bit of dust in fact the BP guys across the road were also vociferous on this subject.
Khoj, you're talking about the outer ring road, I'm talking about the BRT. Sorry for the confusion.
Here — https://goo.gl/maps/cYwfpvZfxM22
Old 23rd December 2015, 15:49   #254
BHPian

I bought by my car in 2012 and since then I have been only filling up in IOC pump (Shreedeep) near wazirabad sector 56 Gurgaon.

So far no issues and good thing is I use my Citibank Indian Oil credit card which gives me 100 %surcharge waiver and points which I can convert for filling up oil.

I have accumulated enough points for a free tankful, which is great.
Old 28th January 2016, 18:22   #255
BHPian

I usually tank up on HP Power for my bike on the HP Outlet on Pusa Road (Near Jhandewalan Circle) and I'm pretty satisfied with the fuel quality and quantity. No issues here. They have Air as well as a N2 dispenser for which I frequent this fuel station so much.

I also tank up on Diesel at the BP Outlet (Near Jhandewalan Circle, while going towards CP). Cops put up barricades just in front of it post midnight so no shady characters around at any time. Cordial staff. It's open 24 hours and they happily accepted my credit card when I tanked up at 5 in the morning. Recommended.

Last edited by barcalad : 28th January 2016 at 18:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks