Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 15:14   #16
BHPian

Trusted Pumps:

1. Delhi:
BP COCO Outlet, Preet Vihar

2. Delhi/Noida
Kargil Heights IBP Outlet, Near Chilla Sports Complex, Vasundhra Enclave(Delhi-Noida border)
Old 7th May 2010, 15:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

My most trusted petrol pump.

BPCL - Shanti Path (while going from ring road to teen murti marg, just 200 meters from ring road)
24x7 open - yes
credit card - yes, safe
coco pump with BP Groceries shopping store.

MUST Avoid
1 IOCL pump at IP extension on the road of sunrise Hyundai.
2. HPCL pump at road from dilshad garden metro station to anand vihar road next to dilshad garden flyover .
Old 7th May 2010, 18:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
No Sir its isnt a COCO i guess you are confusing it with the IOC pump next to it
That's strange, because one of the reasons we started using that HPCL pump for Petrol (not Diesel which is cheaper in Gurgaon) was because it was COCO. Maybe its changed somewhere down the line (I haven't been there myself for ages, the driver fills up the Fiesta on the way to the kids school).

You're correct about the franchising of the COCO outlets, I've seen this at the IOC one at Nehru Place.
Old 7th May 2010, 18:50   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
You're kidding right? They rip you on quantity
Is this the one next to Epicenter in gurgaon ? If yes, then I absolutely agree with you. Hitanshu referred me there and I got royally ripped off in quantity.
Old 7th May 2010, 20:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
That's strange, because one of the reasons we started using that HPCL pump for Petrol (not Diesel which is cheaper in Gurgaon) was because it was COCO. Maybe its changed somewhere down the line.

You're correct about the franchising of the COCO outlets, I've seen this at the IOC one at Nehru Place.
No Sir It was never a COCO AFAIK mr saluja Bought it in 1984 from the same Gentleman who was previosly the dealer at our Bunk, and has been running it since then.

NOw The OMC's have gone past the franchising bit of the COCO's they are just keeping a couple and converting the others to dealerships, Highest Bidder with the better contacts wins . Its a free for all right now

PUMP TO AVOID
1. KAPOOR Service station, Next To Mandawli Thana, IP Xtension
IOCL Pump.
This pump is running on Theka ( COntract) as we call it in our lingo the owner has sub contracted all the Machines to a 3rd party who has fixed targets to deliver to the owner, and anything over and above that is what he makes so Be rest assured you will be ripped of Here.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2010, 20:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Good fuel filling stations

IOC opposite NehruPlace bus depot on outer ring road. PUC facility from 9am to 8 pm. Pump timings not known. Also has a car tire/accessory shop.

BP pure for sure next door to the above is also recommended. Has an in & out shop.

BP pure for sure at Panchsheel Park on outer ring road. Has an HP pump next to it and an IOC across the road. Has an in and out outlet.

BP pure for sure in Hemkunt colony opposite the Royal Plaza Intercontinental hotel.

IBP/IOC bunk on BTR corridor on the Chirag Delhi flyover to GKI stretch.

BP pure for sure on BTR corridor opposite central school Andrews gunj. This is just prior to the entry ramp of the flyover and has the Andrews Gunj Police station next door.

Last edited by khoj : 7th May 2010 at 20:55.
Old 8th May 2010, 15:10   #22

[quote=tanwaramit;1874411]My most trusted petrol pump.

BPCL - Shanti Path (while going from ring road to teen murti marg, just 200 meters from ring road)

I feel cheated whenever I fill from this bunk. The girls employed there try to distract you and somehow the quantity of petrol filled is always less.

The IOC bunk on the other side of the road near Karnataka Bank is far better.
Raji
Old 8th May 2010, 17:36   #23
BHPian

Pumps to Avoid:
1. The Khan Market Petrol Pump (opposite Sujan Singh Park)
2. The HP Pump on the Nizamuddin/Bhogal road
3. The Indian Oil Pump under the Lajpat Nagar Flyover (when you are going from Noida to Delhi)

Recommended Pumps:
1. The pump right next to Ansal Plaza
2. BP at Moolchand
3. The IOC pump at Andrews Ganj (its COCO IIRC)
4. The last pump on the Nizammudin/Bhogal Road just before Ashram (COCO as well)
Old 8th May 2010, 20:26   #24
BHPian

I used to fill up at IOC COCO at Bhikaji, but that is not a COCO anymore. Nowadays i am filling up at IOC COCO Janakpuri, i am reasonably happy. Can anyone suggest good pumps around janakpuri and dwarka please?
Old 9th May 2010, 10:33   #25
BHPian

Recommended Pumps:
BP pump at Mehrauli
Open 24x7

IOC pump at Adhchini
Don't know if it's 24x7

Pumps to avoid
Welcome Motors next to the Marriot Courtyard - Saket
Don't Know if it's 24x7

IOC pump just after the gurgaon border on MG road (Near Fortune Global)
Open 24x7
This one is particularly bad, and contrary to what someone said in an earlier post - I am almost certain they adulterate.
Old 9th May 2010, 11:28   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

My trusted pump:
1. Saran (HPCL), Bhikaji Cama Place (at corner of lane leading to Passport Office);
2. Qutab (IOC), Mehrauli Road.
Quote:
In Some time to come COCO's will become a rarity...
...as per a new policy most COCO are just there as Name sake...
Would you please elaborate a little more on how pumps are run? I understand there are various classifications such as COCO, CODO, DODO, etc., but none of them seem to guarantee good quality.
Old 9th May 2010, 12:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
My trusted pump:
1. Saran (HPCL), Bhikaji Cama Place (at corner of lane leading to Passport Office);

Would you please elaborate a little more on how pumps are run? I understand there are various classifications such as COCO, CODO, DODO, etc., but none of them seem to guarantee good quality.
Most of the pumps are going towards CODO, IOC COCO at janakpuri has gone this way. While the fuel reciept shows COCO janakpuri, but the credit card carge slip shows Jay Garud Station. On checking with the attendant i was told that it is a COCO just operated by some retd. army colonel. I have found no better coco pump, so i am continuing there.

Last edited by revved_up : 9th May 2010 at 12:09.
Old 10th May 2010, 02:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
My trusted pump:

Sir Nice choice of Pump, Saran Motors is run By Ashok saran, he Is the ASHOK In " Ashok Leyland"
A very Honest Gentleman But he seldom visits the Bunk, Its run By his Manager.

This is Going to be a Long Post!!

1. COCO- As the Name suggests It means Company owned and Company operated, However every company Just operates One or Max Of 2 COCO's in a city Which are known as T&E Pumps Meaning Training and Experimentaion. EG- HPCL has 2 1. my Neighbour Auto care Niti Marg Chankyapuri And Auto care Moti nagar.

All other COCO's are run on a contract basis with the contract being given out to existing dealers who know how to pull and lubricate the strings

2. CODO- Company owned and dealer operated, The company has leased the land out and the dealer runs the pump which is the case with 99% of the pumps in Delhi, Including me. The dealer can be From Defence category, Open Category SC/ST category, Freedom fighter CAtegory and lastly Unmarried women and widows above 40.
( Mostly they are Open Category)

3.CODO- Dealer owned and dealer operated, the Land is owned by the dealer and the pump is also operated by the dealer, This is for almost 90% of the pumps on the highways and thats why people complain of poor quality fuel and short delivery as the dealer Does what he feels likes and seldom does the co. have control as the land is his and even if he is terminated he will start a bunk under another co. name.

Most cases its diesel thats messed around with.. So all diesel car owners please refuel with caution on Long Highway trips.

Sir, most pumps in delhi will never ADULTERATE!, Thats how strict enforcement is these days they did do this till about 2003 but after that the noose is so tight that most dont do it. The reasons are far too many mostly each pump had a minimum of 2 partners and and max of 4. and even then most did pocket an easy 2 lakhs easily in those days!!

Now that hanky panky is'nt there partners have bought each other out so that most pumps now become single owner proprietorship and the profit is enough for one guy.

Also Most dealers just don't own a pump,they have diversified into so many other business's and that is what leads to the CHEATING by the staff! They know that the Owner is not physically present at the bunk and hence they feel free to do as they please When the cat is away the Mice will play!!

Its a sad state of affairs! The govt had taken out a policy to allot COCO pumps to LOI Holders from the defence category But the co. just did the opposite and refused to do so and distributed most arbitrairly! We had to go too court to get ours! and believe you me to fight agianst a system that's so termite infested is a pain!! we won eventually and because of us A minister Of state had to resign from his dealership as we dragged him to court as well!!

Now they are converting COCO'S to dealerships by giving them out to the highest bidder of the No.2 Channel!! The latest is B.P SHANTI PATH. That has now been taken over by a dealer From azadpur and customer going there are in for a surprise! he has to recover what he invested!!

IOC COCO At BHIKHAJI cama, has also been converted to a dealership for exchange of a lot off gandhi's so thats why COCO's are becoming a rarity.

Good pumps are rare, Mostly the ones being run by The Defennce category are good as they still know what they sacrificed to get their pumps , plus some Open category one's are good too but its like 3 in 10.

Please feel free to ask me anything else that you may need to know.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2010, 02:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. COCO- As the Name suggests It means Company owned and Company operated, However every company Just operates One or Max Of 2 COCO's in a city Which are known as T&E Pumps Meaning Training and Experimentaion. EG- HPCL has 2 1. my Neighbour Auto care Niti Marg Chankyapuri And Auto care Moti nagar.
And your pump name is....
Does the tbhp sticker gets us special pricing or priority service at least. Are you to be found at your bunk or is it looked after by someone else from your family or an employee?

Quote:
Now they are converting COCO'S to dealerships by giving them out to the highest bidder of the No.2 Channel!! The latest is B.P SHANTI PATH. That has now been taken over by a dealer From azadpur and customer going there are in for a surprise! he has to recover what he invested!!

IOC COCO At BHIKHAJI cama, has also been converted to a dealership for exchange of a lot off gandhi's so thats why COCO's are becoming a rarity.

Please feel free to ask me anything else that you may need to know.
So the dealer has to cheat! On an average how many months or years would it take for a pump owner from the above category to recover his investment and start making a profit?
Old 10th May 2010, 02:45   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
And your pump name is....
Does the tbhp sticker gets us special pricing or priority service at least. Are you to be found at your bunk or is it looked after by someone else from your family or an employee?

So the dealer has to cheat! On an average how many months or years would it take for a pump owner from the above category to recover his investment and start making a profit?
The Pump's name is Angra H.P Centre. All My customers get premium service , Its looked after By My MOM And ME, So its either both of us at the Pump Or one of Us, at no point is it left Unattended!

Well both of those have gone in the region of 4 to 5 crores, These pumps are profit making already. But to recover their initial costs will take years!

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 10th May 2010 at 02:46. Reason: INfo missing
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks