Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 03:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
The Pump's name is Angra H.P Centre. All My customers get premium service , Its looked after By My MOM And ME, So its either both of us at the Pump Or one of Us, at no point is it left Unattended!
That is good to know.

Quote:
1. COCO- As the Name suggests It means Company owned and Company operated, However every company Just operates One or Max Of 2 COCO's in a city Which are known as T&E Pumps Meaning Training and Experimentaion. EG- HPCL has 2 1. my Neighbour Auto care Niti Marg Chankyapuri And Auto care Moti nagar.
I am a little confused. Yours is an HP outlet and so is your neighbour. I thought that companies do not have two outlets next door and there is some stipulated distance between two outlets of the same refiner. Though I have seen outlets of the same company but across the road from each other such as IOC in Panchsheel Park, New Delhi and HPCL in Deonar, Bombay.

Or is your location not on Niti Marg.

EDIT OK, Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited by khoj : 10th May 2010 at 03:22. Reason: Responding to the post below
Old 10th May 2010, 03:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That is good to know.

I am a little confused. Yours is an HP outlet and so is your neighbour. I thought that companies do not have two outlets next door and there is some stipulated distance between two outlets of the same refiner. Though I have seen outlets of the same company but across the road from each other such as IOC in Panchsheel Park, New Delhi and HPCL in Deonar, Bombay.

Or is your location not on Niti Marg.
The ministry came out with a new policy somewhere around 2001 (not sure though on the year) That no two new pumps of the The same OMC Will be there in a distance of 3kms.So the pumps that you do see close by would have been set up lomg before that time.

The Company outlet is On Niti marg and am in vinay Marg so different streets, By neighbour i meant someone in a close a vicinity, radius of about 3 kms, however both pumps are of a vintage era set up some where aound the early 60's, However we took over as dealer's in Dec 09, after the court verdict.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2010, 05:45   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
Must Avoid: Noida
Dolli Motors
Opposite Sector 12 Noida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Avoid IOC Dolly motors - Its a good pump to fill air and do grocery shopping. It also has pollution check which is valid in Delhi. But never fill fuel.
Strange, I was about to recommend Dolly Motors. Occasionally fill up my car from the pump since 2003, whenever I am not heading to Delhi. Never had any quantity or quality problems. I need to be careful(or avoid).

Trusted Pumps:
Name & Location : BPCL, Civil Lines(opp Sant Parmanand Hospital)
24x7: Yes

Name & Location : HPCL, Civil Lines, Near ISBT Metro Station
24x7: Don't Know

Name & Location : BPCL, Vasundhra Enclave

Name & Location : IOCL, Next to Model Town-I Metro Station
24x7: Don't Know

Name & Location : BPCL(COCO), ISBT Noida

Name & Location : BPCL Preet Vihar, Next to Community Centre

Must Avoid Pumps:
Name & Location:
HPCL, Mall Road
IOCL Mall Road
IBP/IOCL, Sarai Kale Khan, Ring Road
HPCL, Sec-12, Noida
HPCL, Sec-62, Noida
IOCL, Anand Vihar, Next to Border.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:18   #34
BHPian

@Born 2 Be Wild: Thanks sir, this is really good info.

Quote:
COCO- As the Name suggests It means Company owned and Company operated, However every company Just operates One or Max Of 2 COCO's in a city Which are known as T&E Pumps Meaning Training and Experimentaion. EG- HPCL has 2 1. my Neighbour Auto care Niti Marg Chankyapuri And Auto care Moti nagar.

All other COCO's are run on a contract basis with the contract being given out to existing dealers who know how to pull and lubricate the strings
Where in Delhi are the IOC T&E pumps? , or any T&E pumps in and around Janakpuri or Dwarka?
Old 10th May 2010, 11:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Is this the one next to Epicenter in gurgaon ? If yes, then I absolutely agree with you. Hitanshu referred me there and I got royally ripped off in quantity.
Yup, that's the one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisag View Post
IOC pump just after the gurgaon border on MG road (Near Fortune Global)
Open 24x7
This one is particularly bad, and contrary to what someone said in an earlier post - I am almost certain they adulterate.
Woh, are you sure.....this is the one I fill my Diesel from!
suman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2010, 11:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Woh, are you sure.....this is the one I fill my Diesel from!
For Petrol I'm sure they do, filled up a couple of times and felt the difference in the way the car was driving. A couple of my other friends in the area also feel the petrol is sub-standard.

Can't say about diesel (as I've never tanked up here) but I have noticed the call centre cabbies patronizing it a fair bit, so i reckon the diesel can't be all that bad I Suggest you tank up a couple of times at one of the "better" outlets and then after 2 tanks of known good fuel, try the one from this pump. Should give you a fair idea of the quality.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I Suggest you tank up a couple of times at one of the "better" outlets and then after 2 tanks of known good fuel, try the one from this pump. Should give you a fair idea of the quality.
I have done that in the past - used to fill from Nehru Place IOC but than stopped because the price differential started getting too high.

Quite a few people seem to be recommending the BPCL one at Signature Towers - maybe I'll try that one & stick to it if it feels good. Only issue is that it is a little out of my way in the evenings (I normally fill on the way back home).
Old 10th May 2010, 12:07   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I have done that in the past - used to fill from Nehru Place IOC but than stopped because the price differential started getting too high.

Quite a few people seem to be recommending the BPCL one at Signature Towers - maybe I'll try that one & stick to it if it feels good. Only issue is that it is a little out of my way in the evenings (I normally fill on the way back home).
Yes the price differential for Diesel between Delhi-Gurgaon is to much to ignore :(
I'm guessing you drive from someplace near the Gold Souk to Delhi via the MG road? - If you're willing to fill up in the morning - Karan petroleum (HP near Gurgaon Central) would be a good pump on your way, otherwise, I too have heard that the BP at signature tower is good. As you have yourself stated avoid the BP pump right next to epicentre.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:09   #39
BANNED

A point to ponder.

While we are busy listing the good, bad and the ugly we should think for a moment.

Why do we need a thread like this? It is because our PSU OMCs are unable to curb malpractices like adulteration an under measurement. What a shame!!
Old 10th May 2010, 12:24   #40
BHPian

I amy be wrong but at BP COCO, Preet Vihar, I never get a good fuel efficiency hence I stopped filling from that pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Trusted Pumps:

1. Delhi:
BP COCO Outlet, Preet Vihar

2. Delhi/Noida
Kargil Heights IBP Outlet, Near Chilla Sports Complex, Vasundhra Enclave(Delhi-Noida border)
Old 10th May 2010, 12:25   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
@Born 2 Be Wild: Thanks sir, this is really good info.

Where in Delhi are the IOC T&E pumps? , or any T&E pumps in and around Janakpuri or Dwarka?
Nope, The closest would be Auto Care centre HPCL Moti nagar.
IOCL Has the least No. of COCO's in delhi reason being they had converted most to dealerships quite early.

Good Pumps in the vicinity you mentioned would be
1. COCO Janakpuri IOCL
2. Martin Motors Sector 20 Dwarka HPCL
3. Bharat H.P Centre Opp sector 12 Metro Station Dwarka HPCL

Pumps to avoid
1. The IOC Pump Adjacent to Hari nagar Bus depot
2. The BPCL bunk right before the Starting of The Dwarka flyover.
3. Khyber Service station IOCL At Dhaula Kuan
4. Shaheed Anusuya Dhyani Pump, HPCL Hari nagar Ghanta Ghar.( It Isnt being run By who it was alloted to now) The New Guy is as an absolute Crook and so is the Sales staff.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2010, 12:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm guessing you drive from someplace near the Gold Souk to Delhi via the MG road?
Actually from Phase V to Delhi via MG Road; I also do a trip via the expressway to Chanakyapuri in the morning but that's school time - else the Signature Tower BPCL is ideal.

Thanks for the input though
Old 10th May 2010, 12:34   #43
BHPian

Good Pump

Taneja Service Center - IOC - Ghazipur NH24, Delhi

This pump opened only a few months ago but whenever I fill it from here I always feel a boost in my car performance and very good fuel efficiency.

Apart from that I still feel that "Reliance" Petrol was too good to be compared with any of Government petrol pump. Whenever I filled that in my Good old Matiz or Santro, I felt like my car is gliding on air and always retrun with amazing fuel efficiency. It is Sad that they no longer operate.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:59   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is Going to be a Long Post!!
Thank you for the effort taken in explaining all the intricacies of how fuel bunks are run. That was quite an interesting bit of info.
Quote:
...am in vinay Marg...
Your place is the one after the Hanuman Mandir on Vinay Marg as one approaches from the Ashoka Hotel side, right? If so, I've filled from your place occasionally because I pass on that route in the afternoon - and had no cause to complain!

However, I much prefer tanking up on the outward run early in the morning (7am) - and Saran is on my route then.
Old 10th May 2010, 13:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
A point to ponder.

While we are busy listing the good, bad and the ugly we should think for a moment.

Why do we need a thread like this? It is because our PSU OMCs are unable to curb malpractices like adulteration an under measurement. What a shame!!
Sir You have raised a very valid point but the reality is That till sometime These malpractices were prevalent almost everywhere but then around the year 2000 things began to heat up in the metros due to changing scenario and the increasing Media prscence plus more awareness amongst the consumers, Prior to this everybody was HAnd in glove No Body can do any Hanky Panky without the Companie's knowlegde. At this point the Company cracked the whip and that led to the emergence of a lot Many COCO's As many dealership's were terminated.

Adulteration has been curbed in the metro's A 100% The Pumps are checked by Mobile labs surprise checks, A total of 3 labs are there in Delhi Just one belongs to HPCL the others are independent and can go to any pump of any OMC. Otherwise adulteration has been curbed to an extent of 90% in other areas.

Regarding short delivery thats not checked by the OMC, That comes under the purview of WEIGHTS & Measures Dept, The most corrupt deptt In the entire country!! Now every machine needs calibration once a year and whenever its repaired or seals damaged. Now let me quote the eg of delhi, W&M Will ask for a bribe of 1500 per nozzle irrespective of the fact whether the dealer cheats or not, hence most will run machines short to cover this loss. If A dealer doesnt pay they trouble him by delaying the calibration for weeks and he ends up loosing money either ways, if he still doesnt relent they will bring a skewed 5 ltr jar which will always show short delivery as the jar is bigger, and they threaten to seal the pump.

The problem of short delivery is very prevalent in UP and Bihar reason being the Tankers already come atleast 200 lts short from the depot, if the dealer complains to The OMC they tell him to run his machine short! so the dealer has to cover his loss.

The story is long and never ending with a lot many other people involved as well, ITS A SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS!! But now things are changing atleast in delhi the company doesnt encourage any unfair practices .
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed