Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 12:57   #91
BHPian

Diesel for the Bombay wallah

Lads,

I will be visiting Delhi after a really long time.
I plan to be there on 25th Dec ( driving - what else from Bombay enroute Uttarakhand, leave New Delhi early on 26th morning ) and on my way back on 30th Dec-1st Jan. Hope to depart from New Delhi on 2nd Jan early in the morning.

1. Please suggest a petrol pump (ideally BPCL) where I can get plain diesel without adulteration and lower quantity.

2. Would also like to meet up with t-bhpians on my way back, if possible

Regards

P.S. : I will be driving on the NH8 coming from/leaving for Bombay and on NH24/Ghaziabad bypass going to/coming from Uttarakhand. Plan to put up in one of the Gingers in Delhi.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:09   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
HPCL Outlet, half a kilometer after Sector 15/Sector 31 corssing on NH8. Actually on the service lane (if you are headed towards Delhi), before Hotel 32nd Milestone. Gurgaon.

I had been filling my Maruti from there without any issues for a long time. But I realized their worth when I bought my Fiesta.

I got my first couple of tank fulls from the IOC outlet near Motibag (it was a COCO outlet till a week before I bought my Fiesta and I came to know they are not any more only after my second fill). My car averaged less than 10 for those two tank fulls. Then I got one fill from this HPCL outlet near my place, and it suddenly increased to close to 11 and maintaining at that since then.
That one's called Suraj Autos or something. We fill up almost always from there as it is the nearest pump from our place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
As in Palam Vihar side? If so, that's quite out of the way for the "New" Gurgaon boys
Speaking of the "Old Gurgaon" side, I've heard from a lot of folks that the pump(don't remember HP or BP? in Sector-9/9A sells adulterated fuel.
Old 14th September 2010, 18:10   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Lads,

I plan to be there on 25th Dec ( driving - what else from Bombay enroute Uttarakhand, leave New Delhi early on 26th morning ) and on my way back on 30th Dec-1st Jan. Hope to depart from New Delhi on 2nd Jan early in the morning.

1. Please suggest a petrol pump (ideally BPCL) where I can get plain diesel without adulteration and lower quantity.

Regards

P.S. : I will be driving on the NH8 coming from/leaving for Bombay and on NH24/Ghaziabad bypass going to/coming from Uttarakhand. Plan to put up in one of the Gingers in Delhi.
You Can fill up from Any Pump in Delhi Barring the Outskirts adjoining the borders of Delhi, Any Bpcl Outlet in the City will give You Unadulterated Fuel Quality wise , For the Quantity you would have to Ensure Zero before the delivery and the Amount reading when fuelling stops and you are good to go.
Old 14th September 2010, 18:23   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Lads,

Regards

Try using NH 76 after Gujrat, no one really uses that road and it a pretty good diversion from NH 8. Saved me a lot of time and gave me a good average speed of 120-140 kmph
Old 14th September 2010, 21:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

BPCL outlets All India list

Attached is a list of BPCL retail outlets. You can locate the COCOs that are enroute. I will point out the ones that will be close to the Gingers in Delhi when we meet in Kaas. BTW there are two Gingers in Delhi which are located at New Delhi Rail Station (NDLS) adjacent to the parking lot on the Ajmeri gate side and at Vivek Vihar( towards East Delhi and close to roads leading to NH24. The 3rd Ginger is in Manesar (Gurgaon) on NH8 60 kms from NDLS.

I would also recommend fuel from Essar. I seek these out on my highway trips and find that my vehicles(all petrol) seem happier when fed with Essar's fuel. Quite a few of them in GJ and RJ and a lone Essar stands guard around Manesar, not spotted any North or East of Delhi.

It will be a nice idea to explore the possibility of a Tbhp meet + New years party rolled into one. Let us see how that goes.

Quote:
Lads,

Regards

Attached Files
File Type: pdf BPCL Service Stations In India.pdf (371.1 KB, 64507 views)

Last edited by khoj : 14th September 2010 at 21:19. Reason: Add title
Old 16th September 2010, 16:05   #96
BHPian

Hanoz Dillin door (nahin) ast

Thank you for your advice and suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
You Can fill up from Any Pump in Delhi Barring the Outskirts adjoining the borders of Delhi, Any Bpcl Outlet in the City will give You Unadulterated Fuel Quality wise , For the Quantity you would have to Ensure Zero before the delivery and the Amount reading when fuelling stops and you are good to go.
>>> Born 2 Be Wild,

I have shortlisted Ram Service Station at Pragati Maidan, the SS-Traveller recommended pump at Bhikaji Cama Place ( I think its HP- Mr. Saran's pump) and the BPCL COCO at Preet Vivar, East Delhi as likely places where I should fill up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetanya Sharma View Post
Try using NH 76 after Gujrat, no one really uses that road and it a pretty good diversion from NH 8. Saved me a lot of time and gave me a good average speed of 120-140 kmph
>>> Chetanya,

That's an interesting/contrarian route. I had thought of taking either of the two routes

i. the NH76 from Udaipur to Chittaurgarh and then taking the NH 79 to Kishengarh and thence on the NH8 (aka GQ) to Gurgaon and onto New Delhi,
ii. the NH8 from Udaipur through Rajsamand, Beawar and thence to Kishengarh and onwards

I had taken the NH8 to Rajsamand and also the NH76 to Chittaurgarh from Udaipur this February and found them to be excellent.

How good is the NH76 road surface beyond Chittaurgarh? Reliable Petrol (sorry diesel) pumps? Any clean places to eat and have loo breaks?
I will also consult with hvk before finalising.

My chief concern is the car's GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Attached is a list of BPCL retail outlets. You can locate the COCOs that are enroute. I will point out the ones that will be close to the Gingers in Delhi when we meet in Kaas. BTW there are two Gingers in Delhi which are located at New Delhi Rail Station (NDLS) adjacent to the parking lot on the Ajmeri gate side and at Vivek Vihar( towards East Delhi and close to roads leading to NH24. The 3rd Ginger is in Manesar (Gurgaon) on NH8 60 kms from NDLS.

I would also recommend fuel from Essar. I seek these out on my highway trips and find that my vehicles(all petrol) seem happier when fed with Essar's fuel. Quite a few of them in GJ and RJ and a lone Essar stands guard around Manesar, not spotted any North or East of Delhi.

It will be a nice idea to explore the possibility of a Tbhp meet + New years party rolled into one. Let us see how that goes.
>>> khoj,

Look forward to meet you in Kaas!
I have the whereabouts of the Gingers-I favour them when I travel because they are neat and clean. Only that in Delhi the Gingers will be further afield from my beat (South Delhi). If I get a good hotel in South Delhi, I'll prefer that to the Gingers.

I'll check out Essar in Rajasthan. My car has a range of 700 kms plus on highways (the magic of diesel!) so will be able to cross Gujarat on a complete tank from Bombay.

I'd love to meet up with t-bhpians in Delhi.

I might even end up extending my stay in Delhi by a day, just to show the sights of Delhi to the kids (Red Fort, Qutb/Mehrauli, Humayun's Tomb, Tughlaqabad, Hauz Khas, Firoz Shah Kotla, India Gate and the rest). But then there is no other city in the world like Delhi and one extra day might not do justice.

Regards
Old 16th September 2010, 16:53   #97
BHPian

Quote:

I have shortlisted Ram Service Station at Pragati Maidan, the SS-Traveller recommended pump at Bhikaji Cama Place ( I think its HP- Mr. Saran's pump) and the BPCL COCO at Preet Vivar, East Delhi as likely places where I should fill up.
All the Short listed ones are Good . Still being vigilant wouldnt hurt
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:15   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your advice and suggestions.

>>> Chetanya,

That's an interesting/contrarian route. I had thought of taking either of the two routes

i. the NH76 from Udaipur to Chittaurgarh and then taking the NH 79 to Kishengarh and thence on the NH8 (aka GQ) to Gurgaon and onto New Delhi,
ii. the NH8 from Udaipur through Rajsamand, Beawar and thence to Kishengarh and onwards

I had taken the NH8 to Rajsamand and also the NH76 to Chittaurgarh from Udaipur this February and found them to be excellent.

How good is the NH76 road surface beyond Chittaurgarh? Reliable Petrol (sorry diesel) pumps? Any clean places to eat and have loo breaks?
I will also consult with hvk before finalising.

My chief concern is the car's GC.

>>> khoj,

Look forward to meet you in Kaas!
I have the whereabouts of the Gingers-I favour them when I travel because they are neat and clean. Only that in Delhi the Gingers will be further afield from my beat (South Delhi). If I get a good hotel in South Delhi, I'll prefer that to the Gingers.

I'll check out Essar in Rajasthan. My car has a range of 700 kms plus on highways (the magic of diesel!) so will be able to cross Gujarat on a complete tank from Bombay.

I'd love to meet up with t-bhpians in Delhi.

I might even end up extending my stay in Delhi by a day, just to show the sights of Delhi to the kids (Red Fort, Qutb/Mehrauli, Humayun's Tomb, Tughlaqabad, Hauz Khas, Firoz Shah Kotla, India Gate and the rest). But then there is no other city in the world like Delhi and one extra day might not do justice.

Regards
NH 76 and then NH 79 is a good route. Alternatively try the route through Bhilwara without touching Chittourgarh. But at all costs avoid SH12. I had the misfortune to use it on the return from Mumbai recently and the road at certain stretches is non-existent. Try catching hold of the Four lane toll road that goes past the Udaipur airport and bypasses Nathdwara. I missed that & had to use the NH8 (as per the GPS) and it led me through SH12-NH79 to NH8.
For breaks, there is a hotel/motel known as Bhilwara midtown on the RHS and Pooja something (adjacent to a Reliance/HP pump) on the LHS after Bhilwara. Also there is a CCD 1 km before the GVK toll booth towards Jaipur on the RHS. You would need to take an U turn from the toll.
I do not remember any other place, mostly because the rear of my Safari had become the kitchen cum store room and we rarely stopped for breaks.
Old 15th October 2011, 12:19   #99
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR

Can someone please update this thread for East Delhi?

My opinion these days-
BP Petrol Pump in Preet Vihar - Good
HP Petrol Pump in Karkardooma (in front of Dayanand Vihar) - Bad as of a few years ago. Don't know about these days.
Old 23rd December 2011, 20:46   #100
Senior - BHPian

The BPCL petrol pump at Bhikaji Kama place(opp. Hyatt Regency) just entered my untrusted list!!

Immediately after getting a tank full with their 'speed' petrol, my dad's Accent began to spontaneously buckle and even shut itself off a few times while driving!!!

The prob started immediately after filling up and is still continuing! Dad said that it might be due to water in their fuel or something!

That kind of adulteration could mean, fuel pump/injector or even engine damage!!
Not to mention when the the engine turns off spontaneously, I lose most of the braking power and power steering!!

When I went to fill her up, she was driving like a champ, but after, engine was shutting off while in ~40-50kph moving traffic and I had to start her up maybe every minute or so while the car was still moving, literally all the way to hosp!!

I'll never ever take my i20 there again!
I used to get speed97 for my baby there. Even saw a orange Gallardo there once! If there's adulteration in the fuel, that could mean some serious damage to the wallet of the Gallardo's owner!

Last edited by sohail99 : 23rd December 2011 at 20:51.
Old 23rd December 2011, 22:46   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
The BPCL petrol pump at Bhikaji Kama place(opp. Hyatt Regency) just entered my untrusted list!!

Immediately after getting a tank full with their 'speed' petrol, my dad's Accent began to spontaneously buckle and even shut itself off a few times while driving!!!

The prob started immediately after filling up and is still continuing! Dad said that it might be due to water in their fuel or something!

That kind of adulteration could mean, fuel pump/injector or even engine damage!!
Not to mention when the the engine turns off spontaneously, I lose most of the braking power and power steering!!

When I went to fill her up, she was driving like a champ, but after, engine was shutting off while in ~40-50kph moving traffic and I had to start her up maybe every minute or so while the car was still moving, literally all the way to hosp!!

I'll never ever take my i20 there again!
I used to get speed97 for my baby there. Even saw a orange Gallardo there once! If there's adulteration in the fuel, that could mean some serious damage to the wallet of the Gallardo's owner!
Just for the record nobody in Delhi Adulterates fuel now. Used to happen till about 2004 but not anymore so whatever problem your car may be facing is definately not due to adulterated fuel. I suggest get it checked at Hyundai and see what they have to say.
Old 23rd December 2011, 23:38   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild

Just for the record nobody in Delhi Adulterates fuel now. Used to happen till about 2004 but not anymore so whatever problem your car may be facing is definately not due to adulterated fuel. I suggest get it checked at Hyundai and see what they have to say.
Not exactly adulterated, more like water in petrol, causing seperation in the tank!
Was having the exact.same probs as described by the OP here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-highways.html
Old 26th December 2011, 00:39   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Not exactly adulterated, more like water in petrol, causing seperation in the tank!
Was having the exact.same probs as described by the OP here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-highways.html
Well Water in the tank is 99% impossible in delhi because firstly Water is heavier then petrol/diesel and hence settles at the bottom of the tank
Secondly Water in the tank is something that happens mostly on the highways reason being what we sell in delhi in a day is what the pumps sell on the highway in a month..!! secondly all pumps in delhi are automated and hence any water in the tank is detected by the Tank probe.
Old 26th December 2011, 07:36   #104
BHPian

OT

@Born 2 Be Wild: Just for info: Is 95 RON petrol available in India? Only BPCL seems to sell 97 RON.
Old 26th December 2011, 09:35   #105
BHPian

I have two petrol cars that have been running on Speed petrol from BP44 ever since I landed in Gurgaon around 8 months back. From the reviews here, looks like it's time to look for a change. I live in Sec 56 and don't mind driving extra kms to get quality fuel.

Any suggestions on this side of NH8 please.

Also any trusted place in Gurgaon that sells Speed 97?

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks