Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 17:37   #121
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR

@Viraat13: I also patronized Singh Motors for both my cars before I got a Citibank IOC credit card. Fuel quality and customer service was never a problem here. Yes it is 24x7 and even the In&Out stays open till quite late (as late as 2-3 am especially on Friday/Saturday nights).

There is an IOC COCO as well on Josip Broz Tito Marg. But remember its not the one right in front of the IOC office building but the one which is a couple hundred meters before the traffic signal on the same side. Happy with them for the last couple of years. Even Centre Half is good (the one right in front of the IOC building).
Old 20th March 2012, 19:42   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
There is an IOC COCO as well on Josip Broz Tito Marg. But remember its not the one right in front of the IOC office building but the one which is a couple hundred meters before the traffic signal on the same side. Happy with them for the last couple of years. Even Centre Half is good (the one right in front of the IOC building).
The one that used to be an IBP station earlier? The petrol pump that comes right after Pancheel Enclave on the left? I didn't think that was a COCO. But I have filled from there a couple of times without any issue, but it was ages ago as I usually avoid the BRT like the plague (only Delhi members will understand! ).
Old 20th March 2012, 20:00   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
The one that used to be an IBP station earlier? The petrol pump that comes right after Pancheel Enclave on the left? I didn't think that was a COCO. But I have filled from there a couple of times without any issue, but it was ages ago as I usually avoid the BRT like the plague (only Delhi members will understand! ).
Yes this was IBP earlier which is itself an IOC company. I stay in GK-1 so I go over to BRT for refuelling.
Old 31st May 2012, 21:17   #124
Senior - BHPian

Can you suggest some good diesel fuel stations in South Delhi - say around Vasant Vihar & Vasant Kunj as this is my routine route (Nelson Mandela) or MG Road per say.

Many thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 01:47   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Can you suggest some good diesel fuel stations in South Delhi - say around Vasant Vihar & Vasant Kunj as this is my routine route (Nelson Mandela) or MG Road per say.

Many thanks
The Bharat Petroleum fuel station on Nelson Mandela Marg is quite good if I remember correctly. Have filled from there a few times without any issue. Have you tried it recently?

BTW, I have heard from someone who owns a BP fuel pump that BP has strictest quality checks out of all the companies. They also have a team that goes around doing surprise checks on a regular basis, which is unlike the rest. So for me, when it doubt, head to BP, but I have always felt this way.
Does anyone else have a preference/bias to a certain company?
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 09:06   #126
Senior - BHPian

I have had bad experience at Pushpanjali Service Station (near the Grand) in terms of quality and mileage both. Have tried the BP Vasant Vihar (I think its a CoCo), but it's slightly off my way on outer ring road, whereas after Nelson Mandala I take the right and first left towards the passport office / rear side of Hyatt and then enter ring road.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by i74js : 1st June 2012 at 09:07. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 1st June 2012, 09:34   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13

BTW, I have heard from someone who owns a BP fuel pump that BP has strictest quality checks out of all the companies. They also have a team that goes around doing surprise checks on a regular basis, which is unlike the rest. So for me, when it doubt, head to BP, but I have always felt this way.
Does anyone else have a preference/bias to a certain company?
Ironically out of. The 3 mobile inspection labs in delhi Bpcl has none Hpcl has 2 labs out of which 1 lab is exclusive for surprise checks for hpcl outlets and the other lab can inspect hpcl as well as any other outlet of a different company, the last lab belongs to iocl which can also inspect any omc outlet.

The only edge bpcl scores is in the infrastructure and engineering of their pumps which is top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js
Have tried the BP Vasant Vihar (I think its a CoCo)
It was a COCO till about a year back isnt any longer. Now its dealer operated.
Old 1st June 2012, 11:00   #128
BHPian

Gurgaon:
Used to go to BP Sec 44 for fuel. I agree with a lot of people that the quantity is suspect. With 70-80 km distance to empty, the pump at Moti Bagh flyover used to fill approx. 53-54 liters in my Elantra whereas the Sec 44 pump used to fill close to 56-57 liters. It was completely noticable

Current pump that I am happy with considering I have a diesel and a petrol vehicle:
Fuel pump located on Golf Course Extn just 100 mts (on the left going towards Sohna Road) from the crossing after crossing HongKong Bazaar and taking the right turn towards Sohna Road.
Last 5 tankfuls for diesel has yielded approx. 12-12.5 kmpl for the 320d. The Aveo used to last 400-420 km on a tankful and now yields 450-460 km.
Old 1st June 2012, 14:49   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
where in Gurgaon can i find 97 octane? I am sick of having to go to Delhi or to the Airport PP to get the fuel!!
97 octane is only available in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata. So you will have to trudge to Delhi to get Speed 97.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Ironically out of ... also inspect any omc outlet.

The only edge bpcl scores is in the infrastructure and engineering of their pumps which is top notch.

That is news to me! Maybe I misunderstood, I'll probably ask my uncle again just to be sure.

BPCL also has In & Out which is a massive plus point according to me.
Old 7th June 2012, 07:46   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Yes, it is a COCO. I get best fuel efficiency from my car whenever I manage to get tankful from this outlet.
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:57   #131
Senior - BHPian

Could you share the details for this IOC vend, location etc anything. I have been trying to locate octane 93 fuel but can only find 97.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Saw an Indian Oil pump in Delhi selling 93 octane petrol. Request if anyone can share details of any pump in Gurgaon stocking it. Any feedback on this fuel is also solicited. Cheers!
Old 22nd June 2012, 14:26   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj
Could you share the details for this IOC vend, location etc anything. I have been trying to locate octane 93 fuel but can only find 97.
Gupta filling station at Motibagh on Rao Tula Ram marg. When you come from Hotel Hayatt and turn onto RTR, it's immediately there on the left.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 19:23   #133
BHPian

Hows IOCL pump on the left while coming from Lodi Road side, next to Electric Crematorium and opposite CBI/CGO Complex, its says COCO Jangpura. Tanked up regular diesel for the second time and there's drop in mileage.

Is there any other reliable IOCL pump around Greater Kailash or Pragati Maidan area?
Old 23rd June 2012, 22:43   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Hows IOCL pump on the left while coming from Lodi Road side, next to Electric Crematorium and opposite CBI/CGO Complex, its says COCO Jangpura. Tanked up regular diesel for the second time and there's drop in mileage.

Is there any other reliable IOCL pump around Greater Kailash or Pragati Maidan area?
The one at Jangpura is COCO (it says so as well); but a few weeks ago their attendant filled up my car to the brim inspite of me telling him atleast twice to leave it at auto cut. The excuse given was that the auto cut didn't work and I was surprised to hear that it is contracted to a third party (the guy in charge blurted this out when I threatened to complain and asked to meet the IOC official in charge of the pump). I've only filled twice from here but don't intend to visit any more.

There are two really good IOCL pumps on Josip Broz Tito Marg (one is COCO while the other is bang in front of the IOCL HQ - so quality can be assured)
Old 23rd June 2012, 23:49   #135
Senior - BHPian

In the general area for GK try IOCL COCO opposite Nehru place bus depot. Here is a list of IOCL pumps I found tells us very clearly which pump is run by whom. The referred pumps is @#35

http://forest.delhigovt.nic.in/ioil.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks