Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 15:01   #181
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
IIRC, this one is a BP 'pure for sure'. Do correct me if I am mistaken.

A good IOC bunk is located on the LHS of the same road driving from Dilli, just after the marble market and next to the back road leading to/coming from Aralias etc. One can see the Pullman hotel behind this pump which is slightly before the GDM metro station and diagonally across from the BP bunk.
If you read the complete thread, people have suggested avoiding this pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
My BIL patronised this pump when he lived in Gurgaon for over 2 years and was fairly happy. Have myself used it 3-4 times and found it ok. On regular basis, I prefer going to BP COCO in sector 44.
Maybe this pump seems to have fixed the quantity issue. I feel the FE is good if I fill up there. However, if you read the entire thread several people had mentioned that they rip on quantity but that was a couple of years ago.

I am looking for good pumps in the vicinity of DLF5 and on way to Delhi via MG Road from DLF5. Does it make sense to create a shared Google doc to list the pumps by City and location?
Old 11th June 2014, 01:05   #182
Senior - BHPian

I and a lot of people I know have been filling up from this pump and have never had an issue.

Petrol pumps can offer varied experiences to different individuals. After reading here regarding the HP bunk in Bhikaji Cama place, I tanked up from there twice consecutively and both times saw a huge drop in average. Now I am back to filling from either IOC coco Jangpura or IOC coco Nehru Place and the average is back up. So is the bunk bad? maybe for me, as my friends who recommended it continue to fill up from there and have no complaints. Go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
If you read the complete thread, people have suggested avoiding this pump

Maybe this pump seems to have fixed the quantity issue. I feel the FE is good if I fill up there. However, if you read the entire thread several people had mentioned that they rip on quantity but that was a couple of years ago.

I am looking for good pumps in the vicinity of DLF5 and on way to Delhi via MG Road from DLF5. Does it make sense to create a shared Google doc to list the pumps by City and location?
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 12:09   #183
BHPian

Quote:
I and a lot of people I know have been filling up from this pump and have never had an issue.
Has anyone tried to measure whether the quantity they pour & charge are close?
Old 17th June 2014, 07:10   #184
BHPian

IOC sells 93 RON petrol at some of their outlets. Any suggestions on trusted pumps in Lyuten's/South Delhi that provides 93RON?
Old 17th June 2014, 10:58   #185
BHPian

Quote:

Petrol pumps can offer varied experiences to different individuals. After reading here regarding the HP bunk in Bhikaji Cama place, I tanked up from there twice consecutively and both times saw a huge drop in average. Now I am back to filling from either IOC coco Jangpura or IOC coco Nehru Place and the average is back up. So is the bunk bad? maybe for me, as my friends who recommended it continue to fill up from there and have no complaints. Go figure!
My chacha works in a very senior position in the vigilence department of IOC for North India. The two IOC pumps that you have mentioned are one of the best in Delhi along with the Kargil Filling Station (vasundhara-east delhi) and the IOC pumps at Srinivas Puri. These are the pumps i have used for almost 10 years now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
IOC sells 93 RON petrol at some of their outlets. Any suggestions on trusted pumps in Lyuten's/South Delhi that provides 93RON?
The IOC coco in Nehru Place has it and you can try filling from there. But i am not entirely sure about its benefit. Please do update us once you fill up.

Rohan
Old 17th June 2014, 11:13   #186
BHPian

Hello all,

Recently had bad experience with BPCL at Green Park Metro station, opposite HPCL and before Gurudwara. I topped up diesel worth Rs 1500. Noticed bouts of smoke coming out from muffler. I stopped by and checked what could have went wrong, but unable to figure out so located a mechanic near moolchand. Chap told that the diesel which went inside was kerosene mixed so either get it flushed or live with the smoke till next top up.

Name:  BPCLGP.png
Views: 1361
Size:  78.2 KB

I decided for a complete flush out which mechanic did himself. I was in hurry to reach Noida so I didn't go back to BPCL but wasted approx a tank full amount. Put 500 worth fuel at BPCL Kailash Colony no other option was available nearby.

I experienced such erratic petrol bunks on highways specially in MP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stay in Rohini and petrol bunks near my house are either IOC or HP. No such issues so far. These are 2 petrol bunks which we are generally use for diesel/petrol top up (on a +ve note)

HPCL Rohini opposite ESI Hospital

https://goo.gl/maps/oDsbv

HPCL oppsite Ambedkar Hospital

https://goo.gl/maps/sGPLA

Last edited by OneToughRider : 17th June 2014 at 11:34. Reason: Added more information
Old 17th June 2014, 13:04   #187
Senior - BHPian

Both of the IOC CoCos sell 93 RON viz. Nehru Place, Jangpura in addition to IOC Panchsheel & Moti Bagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post

It has a higher octane value/number, means it burns cleaner and provides more energy for the same quantity of fuel burned compared to the regular fuel. Leaves behind lesser residue hence lesser deposits in the injectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
The IOC coco in Nehru Place has it and you can try filling from there. But i am not entirely sure about its benefit. Please do update us once you fill up.

That is the case all over the capital. BP pumps are just humbug. There is Platinum Pure for Sure near my place and it sucks the life out of your wallet and the engine. BTW, have you moved from KA to DL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider
I stay in Rohini and petrol bunks near my house are either IOC or HP. No such issues so far.
Old 17th June 2014, 13:14   #188
BHPian

Quote:
That is the case all over the capital. BP pumps are just humbug. There is Platinum Pure for Sure near my place and it sucks the life out of your wallet and the engine. BTW, have you moved from KA to DL?
Sir, in Bangalore I'd mostly used BPCL and had good experience with respect to quality and quantity of fuel for the amount I paid. Our fellow mod n_aditya also suggested BPCL Madiwala which is good, even though another BPCL at Electronic city phase - I was a cheater.

In Delhi I either go to IOC (anywhere) or HPCL close to my house. My work location is based out of Gurgaon where diesel is cheap but I haven't used any as I can't compromise on quality of fuel.
Last2last night my car was running out of fuel near reached South Delhi (going towards Noida via AIIMS), so tried BPCL assuming it will be fine, but
Yes I moved from KA to DL (except car re-registration because my stay in NCR is temporary i.e. 8 to 12 months)

Last edited by OneToughRider : 17th June 2014 at 13:16. Reason: Added more information
Old 17th June 2014, 15:16   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
Hello all,

Recently had bad experience with BPCL at Green Park Metro station, opposite HPCL and before Gurudwara. I topped up diesel worth Rs 1500. Noticed bouts of smoke coming out from muffler. I stopped by and checked what could have went wrong, but unable to figure out so located a mechanic near moolchand. Chap told that the diesel which went inside was kerosene mixed so either get it flushed or live with the smoke till next top up.
Ironically the pump you are refeering to is A COCO pump being run by BPCL Officials themselves.. Also i wouldnt believe everything a road side mechanic has to say because

A. Delhi is a kerosene free city as of now and
B. Kerosene retails for around 70-80 bucks in the black market wouldnt make business sense to add a 70 rs/lt product to 57 rs/lt diesel .
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 16:29   #190
BHPian

Road side mechanics or puncture guys aren't in my trust list except during emergency when they are of great help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Ironically the pump you are refeering to is A COCO pump being run by BPCL Officials themselves.. Also i wouldnt believe everything a road side mechanic has to say because

A. Delhi is a kerosene free city as of now
Beg to differ here for a simple reason that excess smoke from muffler is not coming out after tank top from HPCL Rohini. Happy to be proven wrong, this Sunday I'll be giving car to Maruti Service Masters for a health check up. Let them diagnose and come back!

Till then my stand against BPCL Green Park is clear and wouldn't recommend to anyone for good
Old 14th July 2014, 10:16   #191
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Faridabad

On my way from Delhi to Faridabad, after the Badhkal crossing there is an IOC pump on the left with the name Avadh Filling Station. I have done 2 tank ups from this pump, and found it to be good. They readily give the printout slip from the machine, so thus the quantity gets confirmed, & from the mileage I got, I am confident of the quality as well.

In fact the IOC pump on the other side(on left hand before badhkal crossing when coming from Faridabad to Delhi) Narain Service Station, seems to be having quality issues, as my mileage drops when I tank up from that pump.
Old 14th July 2014, 10:53   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
On my way from Delhi to Faridabad, after the Badhkal crossing there is an IOC pump on the left with the name Avadh Filling Station. I have done 2 tank ups from this pump, and found it to be good. They readily give the printout slip from the machine, so thus the quantity gets confirmed, & from the mileage I got, I am confident of the quality as well.

In fact the IOC pump on the other side(on left hand before badhkal crossing when coming from Faridabad to Delhi) Narain Service Station, seems to be having quality issues, as my mileage drops when I tank up from that pump.
That Narain Service station has been notorious for cheating customers. Avoid it at all cost. If you are coming to Delhi from Faridabad use the one on the opposite road of 36Toyota showroom. It's new and quite reliable.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 11:51   #193
Senior - BHPian

For those who are in CR Park, Greater Kailash II, Alaknanda, I personally found that the BP pump , on Shaheed Surya Sen Marg (28.530564, 77.250579) is good. I have never personally found fuel adulteration issues here.
It's not 24x7, and sometimes they can't fill in BP points on the BP petrocard. But that's easily remedied.
Old 14th July 2014, 13:36   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
That Narain Service station has been notorious for cheating customers. Avoid it at all cost. If you are coming to Delhi from Faridabad use the one on the opposite road of 36Toyota showroom. It's new and quite reliable.
Is it the BP pump (all yellow colored)?
Old 14th July 2014, 13:40   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post

Is it the BP pump (all yellow colored)?
Yes.
We use 3 pumps in Faridabad. The Thompson one, the one at bata Chowk and this BP one. All these are reliable as been tested by me several times.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks