Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 12:26   #226
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR

Does anyone know if there are any pumps in Noida that sell higher octane petrol? I'm looking for 93 RON. I live near express way but don't mind driving a little.
Old 15th October 2015, 19:21   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Does anyone know if there are any pumps in Noida that sell higher octane petrol? I'm looking for 93 RON. I live near express way but don't mind driving a little.
93 is mostly a myth as all oil cos are supposed to supply min 91 ron fuel most of the times ron rating is in 92-93 regions when tested. last year when I had sampling done at my place I was pleasantly surprised to see that that batch of petrol was 92.7 ron as per the sampling report so there you have it.
hope that helps
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 23:00   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
93 is mostly a myth as all oil cos are supposed to supply min 91 ron fuel most of the times ron rating is in 92-93 regions when tested. last year when I had sampling done at my place I was pleasantly surprised to see that that batch of petrol was 92.7 ron as per the sampling report so there you have it.
hope that helps
It sure did! So the only option I have is 97RON? Or is there something in between? 97RON is expensive for my running.
Old 18th October 2015, 15:47   #229
BHPian

Quote:
I also live along expressway. Which pump do you usually go to?
The nearest to my home is HP Centre at Sec-82 crossing. Its company owned and operated I guess.
Old 19th October 2015, 20:12   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45 View Post
I also live along expressway. Which pump do you usually go to?
The nearest to my home is HP Centre at Sec-82 crossing. Its company owned and operated I guess.
Pumps in noida where I usually fill up are the one next to CNG pump next to expressway( can't recall the sector ) and the one next to GIP. The one next to CNG pump is awful now. I've now stopped filing up at noida all together, fill up at Delhi now.
You've also got an ecoboost?
Old 28th October 2015, 13:58   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Pumps in noida where I usually fill up are the one next to CNG pump next to expressway( can't recall the sector ) and the one next to GIP. The one next to CNG pump is awful now. I've now stopped filing up at noida all together, fill up at Delhi now.
You've also got an ecoboost?
I go to Kargil Heights at Dallupura whenever possible. I am driving car and bike since last 15 years and at least 75% of my fuel purchase has been at this pump. The huge crowds and long lines can turn you off but I have never heard any negative reviews about them.
Old 28th October 2015, 14:40   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
I go to Kargil Heights at Dallupura whenever possible. I am driving car and bike since last 15 years and at least 75% of my fuel purchase has been at this pump. The huge crowds and long lines can turn you off but I have never heard any negative reviews about them.
Its not fuel which bothers me,its the way they fill air in the tyres. They don't seem to have an automatic machine which cuts off. They fill air by guesstimation.
Old 28th October 2015, 15:19   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Its not fuel which bothers me,its the way they fill air in the tyres. They don't seem to have an automatic machine which cuts off. They fill air by guesstimation.
Yes, I have had problems because of that. But last time I visited them , I saw a new air dispensing unit installed there, though at that time I did not get my air checked. You can check out now.
amit.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 13:50   #234
BHPian

Please avoid the BP Petrol Pump - Sapru Car Care in Gurgaon. Here is the address:

Bharat Petroleum Dealers, Sector-47, Gurgaon, Gurgaon - 122001, Nr Bakhtawar Chowk / Medanta Medicity

I topped up the tank in my A4/1.8 TFSI and I can sense the engine knocking occasionally ever since I filled from there.

Time to look for another pump in the vicinity of Sohna Road/Golf Course extension road.
saraf_suman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 14:27   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraf_suman View Post
Please avoid the BP Petrol Pump - Sapru Car Care in Gurgaon. Here is the address:

Bharat Petroleum Dealers, Sector-47, Gurgaon, Gurgaon - 122001, Nr Bakhtawar Chowk / Medanta Medicity

I topped up the tank in my A4/1.8 TFSI and I can sense the engine knocking occasionally ever since I filled from there.

Time to look for another pump in the vicinity of Sohna Road/Golf Course extension road.
I filled up my Swift just yesterday from this pump for the first time. Now I shall wait to see the impact.
Old 27th November 2015, 00:32   #236
BHPian

I religiously fill from the BPCL outlet on the Outer Ring Road, next to Vasant Vihar depot as it is a COCO outlet. Is that true or has it been contracted out?

Apart from it, the IOC outlet on ORR opp Jia Sarai sells very good quality petrol (better than the BPCL COCO), but the quantity delivered is not checked. One thing I have noticed that their density measurements is always off.
Old 27th November 2015, 01:11   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Just for the record nobody in Delhi Adulterates fuel now. Used to happen till about 2004 but not anymore so whatever problem your car may be facing is definately not due to adulterated fuel. I suggest get it checked at Hyundai and see what they have to say.
Just for information, I have faced bad engine vibrations in my car on filling up at a petrol pump on Mall road (near Jubilee Hall hostel) as late as 2012. What can be the reason for that? Also, a particular pump makes my car run butter smooth. Is there any significant difference in the quality of petrol of various OMCs?
Old 27th November 2015, 10:51   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraf_suman View Post
I usually use the "last" Indian Oil pump on Golf Course Extension Road. It is the one just after the new speed breaker. I think they are fine. Most of the pumps on this road try to distract you while pumping fuel, and short-fill. I think I refilled at an HP pump on this line, and was getting weird sounds for some time. Now it has diminished after a new fuel top - up.

A bit of OT:
This new speed breaker is such a nuisance. People gun down straight from the Honk Kong market red light ---> free way till the Xavier's School, light: and are suddenly faced with this new breaker. LOL. I hear the breaks screeching sometimes, since I live on GCx road...!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th November 2015 at 12:13.
Old 27th November 2015, 11:36   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
I usually use the "last" Indian Oil pump on Golf Course Extension Road. It is the one just after the new speed breaker. I think they are fine. Most of the pumps on this road try to distract you while pumping fuel, and short-fill. I think I refilled at an HP pump on this line, and was getting weird sounds for some time. Now it has diminished after I new fuel top - up.

A bit of OT:
This new speed breaker is such a nuisance. People gun down straight from the Honk Kong market red light ---> free way till the Xavier's School, light: and are suddenly faced with this new breaker. LOL. I hear the breaks screeching sometimes, since I live on GCx road...!
Any word on the pump that is just beside Professional Hyundai near Tau Devilal Park ? (last pump before wazirabad red light) I am a regular there.

PS - That speed breaker is a real doozey ! It is not even marked with white paint and I personally have seen so many low GC hatches scrape there. Thankfully the first time I encountered the breaker in question I was travelling during the day (had to go sideways so as to not scrape my i20). I guess management at the gas station have got the breaker erected to get more footfall.
RocketRaccoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 11:50   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRaccoon View Post
Any word on the pump that is just beside Professional Hyundai near Tau Devilal Park ? (last pump before wazirabad red light) I am a regular there.
I think that pump should be fine. Which companies pump is this. I cannot recall a Hyundai showroom on GCx road..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRaccoon View Post
PS - That speed breaker is a real doozey ! It is not even marked with white paint and I personally have seen so many low GC hatches scrape there. Thankfully the first time I encountered the breaker in question I was travelling during the day (had to go sideways so as to not scrape my i20). I guess management at the gas station have got the breaker erected to get more footfall.
Ya, they should paint it. First time I saw it, was at night. I was going quite fast, and had to break really really hard. Last weekend, when I crossed it during the day, I saw shattered glass pieces. I am sure, some mishap happened due to the erroneous speed breaker.
asingh1977 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed