Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 17:26   #256
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR

Update: The BP outlet on Shanti Path, has re-opened now and it is again a COCO .

BTW, it was initially a COCO but then given to a dealer which resulted in some court case and it had closed down last year.
low_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 19:16   #257
BHPian

Source: https://in.news.yahoo.com/74-litre-b...210400854.html

74 litre bill for a 70 litre tank from a Delhi petrol pump:

A Delhi resident took to Facebook to share his grievance against a petrol station in Delhi's Moolchand area which charged him extra money. "They filled 74 liters of Diesel in my XUV where the car capacity is only 70 liters plus the car was already having around 10 liters of diesel," he wrote.When he questioned the people at the station, he claims that the staff misbehaved with him and told him that their boss knows "everyone at the police" and even "Mr. Kejriwal" so he can do whatever he wants.
Parmar posted the incident on his Facebook page and it got shared massively on social media; over 13,000 shares in less than 24 hours.
Later today, he claims he received a call from the petrol station to discuss the issue and even "a message received from Petroleum Minister Mr. Dharmender Pradhan assuring a resolution," he wrote.
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-7972.jpg  

bhandary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 00:44   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
Source: https://in.news.yahoo.com/74-litre-b...210400854.html

A Delhi resident took to Facebook to share his grievance against a petrol station in Delhi's Moolchand area which charged him extra money. "They filled 74 liters of Diesel in my XUV where the car capacity is only 70 liters plus the car was already having around 10 liters of diesel," he wrote.When he questioned the people at the station, he claims that the staff misbehaved with him and told him that their boss knows "everyone at the police" and even "Mr. Kejriwal" so he can do whatever he wants.
Parmar posted the incident on his Facebook page and it got shared massively on social media; over 13,000 shares in less than 24 hours.
Later today, he claims he received a call from the petrol station to discuss the issue and even "a message received from Petroleum Minister Mr. Dharmender Pradhan assuring a resolution," he wrote.

Irresponsible attempts to Sensationalize a False complaint by the Media and by all the 13,000 people who shared the post.

Here is the Facebook post written as an Apology by the Complainant when he was made to realize it was his fault :

LINK: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

The BPCL staff invited me for a visit at Prem Service Station (Moolchand) today and helped me understand why my XUV accommodated more than 70 Liters of the specified quantity by Mahindra. The car fuel tank was removed and emptied in presence of BPCL officials, Trained mechanics and in my presence. Once whole fuel was drained out the fuel tank was put back. Post this BPCL team explained me about the pump specifications and how every part is sealed, secured and automated. Other than this 5 liter test was done first before the the tank was refulled again. The test came out completely clean and post this the car was filled of Diesel and to my surprise 78.72 liters car could accommodate, which clearly indicates the specifications mentioned by Mahindra in their manuals are not correct and are just best estimate. So folks through this experience I will like to educate all the consumers that don't blindly follow what your car manufacturers are indicating in their manual books but listen to the experts who deal with this day in day out. In view of this insight provided to me I take my complaint back and apologies for the inconvenience caused due to my ignorance. Also will like to update Radio City and RJ Ginni to take a note of my findings and educate people on why it happened and how car manufacturers are not providing correct information to customers.

Apparently, a prominent radio station(mentioned in the post above) also ran a 3 hour show on the issue. Such a bunch of Nincompoops we have at the helm of our media houses these days. Please tell me who will compensate the Owner of the Petrol Pump for the Defamation that he and his Pump have suffered(Libel & Slander).

Here is a photo of Mr. Right after abusing the power of Social Media :

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-13164252_10209550853829627_8015034978567186634_n.jpg

This is a lesson for all of us, not to believe everything we see on the internet immediately, these attempts to sensationalize even the smallest of things can cause great harm to the parties involved. React Responsibly. Before someone has the audacity to ask me if I am related to the pump owner or the company, I am not. Just happened to inquire into a post on facebook and WAIT for the outcome.

Last edited by Jag4 : 6th May 2016 at 01:10.
Jag4 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 18:35   #259
BHPian

An eye opener (with regards to the fuel tank capacity information) and a lesson learnt (not to jump to conclusions till the root cause is arrived at).

Few points that needs clarification:
Firstly, does the tank capacity specification in the car manual says, approx 70 litres OR just 70 litres?

Secondly, the approximate or the best estimate in this case is a little higher than 10%. Is this not very high?

Thirdly, using todays generation of 3D design softwares it is very easy for the design engineers to calculate the precise volume in 3 decimal accuracy (atleast theoretically). Therefore the specification could have been a little more accurate (say for example 75 litres). Alternatively, the tank capacity specification could be defined as, for example 77 +/-2% litres.

Fourthly, is it due to manufacturing accuracy of the fuel tank that the manufacturers keep a wide band in their fuel capacity specification in the manual?
Old 6th May 2016, 21:40   #260
Senior - BHPian

As I look at it it is more a case of being mis informed by the incorrect information provided in the owner's manual. Not exactly the fault of the vehicle owner.
In the same vain I think the bold line with the words "false complaint" is harsh & does not describe the actual goings on.

Prem service centre is almost an institution un to itself and has customers from different generations of the same families(amongst others) who continue to patronise them as the QnQ has always been spot on. So business will continue as usual & who knows in this kalyug the adverse publicity may just bring curious Johns to come have a dekho & a tank up.

What has been a victim of times is the attitude and the language used by some of the staffers on a few occasions with some customers who engage in verbal sparring with similar tone & gist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Here is the Facebook post written as an Apology by the Complainant when he was made to realize it was his fault :
Please tell me who will compensate the Owner of the Petrol Pump for the Defamation that he and his Pump have suffered(Libel & Slander).
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 12:26   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
As I look at it it is more a case of being mis informed by the incorrect information provided in the owner's manual. Not exactly the fault of the vehicle owner.
In the same vain I think the bold line with the words "false complaint" is harsh & does not describe the actual goings on.

Prem service centre is almost an institution un to itself and has customers from different generations of the same families(amongst others) who continue to patronise them as the QnQ has always been spot on. So business will continue as usual & who knows in this kalyug the adverse publicity may just bring curious Johns to come have a dekho & a tank up.

What has been a victim of times is the attitude and the language used by some of the staffers on a few occasions with some customers who engage in verbal sparring with similar tone & gist.
My Dear Sir, IMO a false complaint is a false complaint and I can't call it any different.

You are assuming that since the Pump is an established institution that business will continue as usual, what I know for a Fact is that there is a case of defamation.

If the vehicle owner had a problem, he should have consulted Mahindra too but he did not.

Lakhs of Delhiites listen to radio stations daily, some of them might have listened to this particular episode but are all of them made aware about the end result of the dispute ? No.

Out of the 13000 people who shared the post, naturally not all might have followed up. Do they know who was wrong and who was right ? No.

The only party to suffer was the Pump, partly to blame are whose employees. But people may form an opinion about them and avoid them on the basis of the misinformation passed to them.

It was wrong on the vehicle owner's part to misuse the social media to his benefit when he was clearly unsure of his position. If he had a problem, he should have contacted the owner and BPCL and then put up his findings. The employees of the Pump had a high handed attitude and behaved in a wrong manner which is very sad. A small accommodation by them would have ended this there and then.

Last edited by Jag4 : 7th May 2016 at 12:30.
Old 12th May 2016, 11:47   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag4 View Post
Irresponsible attempts to Sensationalize a False complaint by the Media and by all the 13,000 people who shared the post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
As I look at it
I have been filling from this particular filling station for long enough and never had one single complaint. Just so you know, I am not on Facebook and getting to know both sides of story has brought back my confidence on this pump. Had it been only one side, I would have stopped going to them for good. So yes, I do agree with bhandary on false complaint, but khoj has a point, this pump has reputation of being one of the best in Delhi region and I do not see a lot of people moving away from them, since we can't even make out how many of those 13000 liking actually have visited the pump themselves. To most, it is just a story of what they heard and how they reacted in that moment.

Also, to add to the thread, I find Saheed Ramphal Kajla Indian Oil bunk under Iffco Chowk Metro Station in Gurgaon pretty good. Have been filling from there since past year or so. No issues regarding quality and quantity and they accept Citi IO cards gladly all the time.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 12:01   #263
BHPian

Quote:
An eye opener (with regards to the fuel tank capacity information) and a lesson learnt (not to jump to conclusions till the root cause is arrived at).

Few points that needs clarification:
Firstly, does the tank capacity specification in the car manual says, approx 70 litres OR just 70 litres?

Secondly, the approximate or the best estimate in this case is a little higher than 10%. Is this not very high?

Thirdly, using todays generation of 3D design softwares it is very easy for the design engineers to calculate the precise volume in 3 decimal accuracy (atleast theoretically). Therefore the specification could have been a little more accurate (say for example 75 litres). Alternatively, the tank capacity specification could be defined as, for example 77 +/-2% litres.

Fourthly, is it due to manufacturing accuracy of the fuel tank that the manufacturers keep a wide band in their fuel capacity specification in the manual?
I am surprised there has been no discussion on the questions raised by you.
One reason for a car being able to accomodate a little extra is the pipe leading from the fuel tank to the filler cap can also hold a little bit of fuel. I did similar research a while back when my Jetta was filled with 52 litres and I had filled 10 litres the night before and had driven just a few kms. I found estimates of the fuel filler pipe holding around 4 litres of fuel.

There is one other possible factor. The amount of fuel you actually get decreases in hot weather. The pumps are calibrated at a certain temperature which is normally on the lower side. In the US it is 15C but might be a little higher in India. In hot summer weather the tankers bring really hot fuel which is stored in underground tanks. These tanks sort of hold the same temperature as they are deep underground and act as a thermos. When hot fuel is dispensed, you get a slightly lesser amount of fuel (density) even though the indicated litres are the same. There has been a lot of debate on this issue but it could have a small impact on the amount of fuel pumped in to a tank.

In conclusion, the 70 litres might be the recommended maximum limit to allow some expansion of fuel in the tank during hot weather. It might not be the actual volume capacity of the fuel tank.

Last edited by Lobogris : 15th May 2016 at 12:05.
Old 24th May 2016, 18:58   #264
BHPian

Couple of petrol pumps that I can recommend and have been using for a while are
1. Servicircle - HP at the Ashram Chowk, Mathura Road crossing.
2. Lt. Vijayant Thapar - HP - Next to Theos in Sector 41, Noida.(on Dadri Road)

And there is BP COCO in Sector 34 Noida, next to the City Centre metro station. Have not visited them in a while because it is off route for me these days.
Old 5th June 2016, 21:45   #265
BHPian

I prefer the following 3 pumps in Delhi/Noida :
1. Sher Service Station, Indian Oil, Pankha Road, Janakpuri, Delhi (6am tp 10pm)
2. Ram Service Station, Bharat Petroleum, near Pragati Maidan, Delhi (24 hours open)
3. Bharat Petorl Pump, near Wave City Cener metro Station, Noida (not sure of timings)
Old 4th September 2016, 15:55   #266
BHPian

On 31st Aug 2016 at about 14:45, I took my car, Manza bearing registration number UP16 AJ 9293 to Image Filling, Mayur Vihar, New Delhi for getting a tank full of diesel. Purchased 39.99 litres of Diesel worth Rs 2010. Car tank is 43 litres and hence it is obvious that about 3 litres of diesel would have remained in the tank and the fuel line.

I moved on to the adjoining Star Mall for my official work. Left the Star Mall for home at about 16:00 and drove 34 kms to Pari Chowk, Greater Noida. Car stopped with “Engine Check Lights on”. Wondering something wrong, took the car to a side, tried to start again. Drove home somehow, with the engine running out of breath. Informed World of Service, Noida, explaining the issue.

On 01st Sep 2016, the car was taken to the workshop for repairs. On checking it was found that Diesel in the system was mixed with a lot of water and mud. The workshop ended up cleaning the entire tank, fuel line, fuel pump and all injectors. Also Diesel Filters and Engine Oil was changed setting me back by another INR 13842. Thankfully Fuel Pump survived and no major damage happened to the engine.

Now best part is Image Filling, Mayur Vihar, New Delhi is not ready to accept that it has happened because of them. On 03rd Sep 2016, I went to talk to them and their Manager was abusive on phone. Spoke to the owner, Mr Ajay Bansal on phone. Despite being available at the location, did not care to meet and said he was in a meeting. I spotted him 10 minutes later emerging out and when I went to talk to him he drove away saying I am going for a meeting.

I am not qualified to give a verdict if they wilfully adulterated the fuel or if it was rain water which got into their underground due to leakage/carelessness but I have undergone a great mental agony and financial loss due to this. Have already raised complaint on India Oil Corporation Website and Government of India, Public Grievances Portal.

This public message is to inform everyone to avoid IMAGE FILLING, MAYUR VIHAR, NEAR STAR MALL, NEW DELHI. Requesting Indian Oil Corporation and Ministry of Petroleum to take note of the incident for appropriate action.

https://twitter.com/Marching_Gunner/...87379735261184
Attached Thumbnails
Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-img20160902wa0015.jpg  

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-whatsapp-image-20160901-5.58.51-pm.jpeg  

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-whatsapp-image-20160902-2.34.31-pm.jpeg  

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-whatsapp-image-20160902-2.34.38-pm.jpeg  

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-whatsapp-image-20160902-3.35.32-pm.jpeg  

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-whatsapp-image-20160902-4.07.15-pm.jpeg  

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-imagefilling_sms.png  

Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR-20160904-10.23.23.png  

dhondusaxena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 16:49   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
On 31st Aug 2016 at about 14:45, I took my car, Manza bearing registration number UP16 AJ 9293 to Image Filling, Mayur Vihar, New Delhi for getting a tank full of diesel.
quoting my own post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post

Not-Trusted
1. Image in Mayur Vihar, (shudder) if he sells petrol, then i'm the king of England!
STAY AWAY!
shady_lawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 18:10   #268
BHPian

I have found HPCL petrol pumps to be generally better than IOCL ones here in Delhi NCR.
I maybe wrong, but I feel that the quality control department of HPCL is much better and honest as compared to IOCL ones.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 10:27   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post

This public message is to inform everyone to avoid IMAGE FILLING, MAYUR VIHAR, NEAR STAR MALL, NEW DELHI. Requesting Indian Oil Corporation and Ministry of Petroleum to take note of the incident for appropriate action.

https://twitter.com/Marching_Gunner/...87379735261184
Dear Mods, Is it worthwhile for this entire post be shifted to a New Thread or stay here?
Old 26th February 2017, 01:20   #270
BHPian

I fill up ExtraPremium/Speed/Power on both my cars.

Recommended Pumps :
1. Indian Oil Pump under Iffco Chowk Metro Station and Indian Oil Pump behind HudaCity Center next to the police station. Both pumps have good fuel and do not shortfuel.

2. Indian Oil Pump at Chattarpur Intersection.

3. BPCL Pump at the Mehrauli intersection is good for 97.

4. HP Pump at Iffco Chowk opposite Plaza Mall

5. BP Pump opposite Gold Souk is really good.

Avoidable Pumps :

1. Indian Oil pump after Ghitorni Metro station is highly unrecommended. ShortFuels.

2. The pump after BRT Crossing going towards Saket Turn(DLF Place)

3. The pump at Guru Dronacharya Metro Station. BP Pump ocassionally hasn't been good on quantity, same goes for the Indian Oil Pump opposite it.

4. One Pump I would never trust is the HP Pump at Sukhrali as you cross Iffco Chowk. Shortfuels and fuel is bad. I have had major quantity issues at this pump.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed