Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2017, 02:00   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR

Is this the pump which as you turn from under the NH (while coming from Manesar) on to the GGN Mehrauli road, is the first pump on the LHS on the mall mile. Do not remember if it is HP or IOC. Got the Jetta's second tankful from here as it was literally running on fumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
4. One Pump I would never trust is the HP Pump at Sukhrali as you cross Iffco Chowk. Shortfuels and fuel is bad. I have had major quantity issues at this pump.

In another incident filled my Jetta from the Kargil pump in Mayur Vihar. On a 55 litre tank got an average milage of 15kmpl. Which I am given to understand is lower than usual for the Jetta. Since it was the first tankful ever for the new car (& sponsored by the dealer) I decided to check out this famous pump by getting the Cedia filled up. The Cedia which gives an average of 9+kmpl in the city returned a milage of 5.6 kmpl(it's lowest in 6 years) on the tankful from the Kargil pump.

Would like to say that they too are now hoodwinking the public but will reserve my comments till the end of the current tankful which comes from the regular pit stop at HP COCO besides the Ashok hotel, Chanakyapuri.

Last edited by khoj : 26th February 2017 at 02:02.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 02:19   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Is this the pump which as you turn from under the NH (while coming from Manesar) on to the GGN Mehrauli road, is the first pump on the LHS on the mall mile. Do not remember if it is HP or IOC. Got the Jetta's second tankful from here as it was literally running on fumes.
No Taruun, that would be the pump I recommended opposite Plaza Mall, thats IOC Pump.
Old 26th February 2017, 21:46   #273
BHPian

My preferred fuel stations have now changed to the below two, in order of preference :

1. BP, Beside Hotel Imperial, Janpath.
2. Angra HP, Chanakyapuri.

The fuel (petrol+diesel) at both has always given me the expected mileage and performance. The BP has Speed 97 available which I sometimes use for my bike. Courteous staff at both. Multiple payment options, including every e-wallet available.
Old 10th March 2017, 15:53   #274
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4147156

Bad experience at HP Petrol Pump exactly opposite Apollo Hospital, Jasola. Though petrol pump itself is reliable, I've been using it since long, but the Tyre Pressure check and the Puncture guy are surely culprits.
Old 22nd May 2017, 18:40   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
I fill up ExtraPremium/Speed/Power on both my cars.

Recommended Pumps :
1. Indian Oil Pump under Iffco Chowk Metro Station and Indian Oil Pump behind HudaCity Center next to the police station. Both pumps have good fuel and do not shortfuel.

2. Indian Oil Pump at Chattarpur Intersection.

3. BPCL Pump at the Mehrauli intersection is good for 97.

4. HP Pump at Iffco Chowk opposite Plaza Mall

5. BP Pump opposite Gold Souk is really good.

Avoidable Pumps :

1. Indian Oil pump after Ghitorni Metro station is highly unrecommended. ShortFuels.

2. The pump after BRT Crossing going towards Saket Turn(DLF Place)

3. The pump at Guru Dronacharya Metro Station. BP Pump ocassionally hasn't been good on quantity, same goes for the Indian Oil Pump opposite it.

4. One Pump I would never trust is the HP Pump at Sukhrali as you cross Iffco Chowk. Shortfuels and fuel is bad. I have had major quantity issues at this pump.

The pumps i trust in the past 13 years of living in Gurgaon are -

1. BP Pump opposite Gold Souk
2. IOCL Petrol Pump next to Cop Station near Huda City Center
3. Petrol Pump next to Iffco Metro Station
Old 22nd May 2017, 19:44   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post
The pumps i trust in the past 13 years of living in Gurgaon are -

1. BP Pump opposite Gold Souk
2. IOCL Petrol Pump next to Cop Station near Huda City Center
3. Petrol Pump next to Iffco Metro Station
I agree, these are the best pumps. Also the pump before Guru dronacharya while coming from Delhi. The IOCL pump is really good!
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 21:58   #277
Senior - BHPian

Could someone recommend a trusted fuel pump on Noida expressway. I'd be shifting to Noida soon but scared after hearing some stories from my office colleagues, both on adulteration as well as cheating on quantity.
Old 3rd August 2017, 22:42   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Could someone recommend a trusted fuel pump on Noida expressway. I'd be shifting to Noida soon but scared after hearing some stories from my office colleagues, both on adulteration as well as cheating on quantity.
I use this one more or less on a regular basis.

Indian Oil: SHAHED DESHRAJ FILLING STATION
PP1, Greater Noida Expressway, Sector 105, Pocket-A, Sector 105, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201304

https://goo.gl/maps/BJbHkZR9a1M2

Where are you shifting in Noida?
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 13:14   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I use this one more or less on a regular basis.
This would be the nearest actually since I'd be shifting to sector 93. Its usually very crowded, given that its the only one around.

Any COCO pumps in Noida that you may know of?
Old 12th August 2017, 12:30   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
Trusted
1. Batra Petrol Pump, Humayun Road complete quality and quantity assurance, fill towards early morning and late evening, especially since its open till 11.30 PM.
withdrawing by recommendation. Ever since they have installed the new gilbarco pumps it seems that they have resorted to "chip manipluation", my mileage is down from 18.75 (average) on an Alto to 12 right after changing the dispensers. I guess its only green park COCO for me now.
Old 24th December 2017, 09:40   #281
BHPian

IOC CoCo Pump at Gopinath Baazar,Delhi Cantt

Been using this since last 9 yrs. No adulteration, Consistent mileage from my car.

Closes at night 10 PM
Old 26th December 2017, 15:28   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
No Sir its isnt a COCO i guess you are confusing it with the IOC pump next to it The IOC Pump next to it was a COCO which has now become a dealership After a Heavy Exchange of funds, In Some time to come COCO's will become a rarity as The One On SHANTI Path BPCL COCO has also been converted to a dealership, a dealer from Azadpur is taking over.

Sir another thing now is that as per a new policy most COCO are just there as Name sake as they are now being run on Contracts for a specified time by individuvals.
Congratulations! Its become a COCO again!
I'm a regular at this station and they fill pretty accurately. Just remember to park your car away from the machine as they have loooong pipes!
Old 26th December 2017, 20:05   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBa View Post
Congratulations! Its become a COCO again!
I'm a regular at this station and they fill pretty accurately. Just remember to park your car away from the machine as they have loooong pipes!
Its been 2 years since its become a Coco went from dealer to company in 2015 itself. Dealership was terminated not due to quantity or quality issues but due to irregularity in allotment which wasnt done as per policy hence the cancellation of allotment which was bound to happen sooner or later.

For that matter as on date entire delhi is accurate to the T. You can only get conned if you are not paying attention to the intial display and final display what you see on the metre now is what one gets.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 14:04   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Its been 2 years since its become a Coco went from dealer to company in 2015 itself. Dealership was terminated not due to quantity or quality issues but due to irregularity in allotment which wasnt done as per policy hence the cancellation of allotment which was bound to happen sooner or later.
IIRC they were non operational for a large part of 2016 as a litigation was going on (maybe cause of the reason mentioned above) after which it turned into COCO. However, time is not important but their coming back in business is.

Quote:
For that matter as on date entire delhi is accurate to the T. You can only get conned if you are not paying attention to the intial display and final display what you see on the metre now is what one gets.
I wonder what makes you say that. Most of the privately owned petrol pumps still don't dispense the complete fuel as the owners fiddle with the machine to dispense less fuel before such machines are sealed by the weights and measurements department. So while the meter will show you xx liters dispensed, what you will end up getting is (xx-y) liters and hence the difference in mileage that fellow bhpians continue to report.

Offcourse, deploying longer pipes so that some of the fuel is leftover in the pipe itself are other smaller things through which customers can be conned easily.
Old 27th December 2017, 14:55   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBa View Post

I wonder what makes you say that. Most of the privately owned petrol pumps still don't dispense the complete fuel as the owners fiddle with the machine to dispense less fuel before such machines are sealed by the weights and measurements department. So while the meter will show you xx liters dispensed, what you will end up getting is (xx-y) liters and hence the difference in mileage that fellow bhpians continue to report.

Offcourse, deploying longer pipes so that some of the fuel is leftover in the pipe itself are other smaller things through which customers can be conned easily.

Well what makes me say that is because i am a part of the trade in delhi and i say this for delhi and delhi only as each proffessional or service provider or any entity doing business in their particular fields knows about what the comeptition is upto hence i say this with conviction about my knowledge of the delhi trading area only.

Everyone is entitled to assumptions and presumptions as its a democracy, however me on a personal level i choose to refrain from forming an opinion on something i dont have knowledge about for eg i wouldnt know the A of coding that a software engineer may do as i have zero knowledge on it.

Similarly its absolutely correct on anyones part to say that theres fuel left in the pipes and so on so forth, or that all private owners in delhi are cheating with machines , what i would request from such gurus is to kindly lay forth how its done or the procedure or logic behind this statement , or some credible proof or evidence of this happening in delhi.

The fail proof systems are the best in delhi its the seat of the govt and the capital hence what may or could happen in other parts of our glorious country cant happen here in delhi beacuse of the embarrasment it will cause to all involved.
The list of measures is so long it would take me ages to type , something i dont have the time for right now. However 2 quick things to put things in a better perspectice.

The average pump to omc sales manager ratio in the country is approx 110 pumps to one officer , delhi has a ratio of 25 is to one so the rest of the country one area sales manager is looking after 110 outlets here in delhi its jus 25 per officer.

Secondly about 390 outlets in the capital of ioc bpc hpcl put together out sell Haryana & punjab put together so one can do the maths on volumes involved. The owners dont need to cheat. However the sales staff still trys to con customers which is easily avoidable by ensuring zero and final
Reading.

Cheers
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks