Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2018, 13:21   #301
BHPian

Re: Trusted Petrol Pumps in Delhi NCR

We get our cars filled up at Okhla Service Station; dealers of Bharat Petroleum on Main Mathura Road, Friends Colony, New Delhi.
Have been using the same fuel station for more than 20 years now to fill up all our cars. No complaints whatsoever. Their staff is also courteous.
Old 23rd August 2018, 15:44   #302
BHPian

I'm seeking a COCO pump(preferably) in North West Delhi (Rohini/ Pitampura/ Prashant Vihar) for my new Brezza. If nothing is available nearby, I do not mind driving a few kilometers to escape adulteration and short-fueling.

My first full tank of gas was from the bunk opp. Plaza Mall in Gurgaon and I've run 700 kms off a full tank. I need to refuel today but Im not sure about pumps offering good quality+quantity diesel in my residence's vicinity.

My daily commute to work is Rohini - West Pitampura - NSP - Naraina Flyover - Brar Chowk - Gopinath Bazaar - NH8 - Udyog Vihar Phase 1.

Any reliable bunks/COCO bunks on this route will also help greatly.

TIA.
Old 23rd August 2018, 16:01   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
I'm seeking a COCO pump(preferably) in North West Delhi (Rohini/ Pitampura/ Prashant Vihar) for my new Brezza. If nothing is available nearby, I do not mind driving a few kilometers to escape adulteration and short-fueling.

My first full tank of gas was from the bunk opp. Plaza Mall in Gurgaon and I've run 700 kms off a full tank. I need to refuel today but Im not sure about pumps offering good quality+quantity diesel in my residence's vicinity.

My daily commute to work is Rohini - West Pitampura - NSP - Naraina Flyover - Brar Chowk - Gopinath Bazaar - NH8 - Udyog Vihar Phase 1.

Any reliable bunks/COCO bunks on this route will also help greatly.

TIA.
The Indian Oil Pump just before the border (when coming from Fun & Food Village) on the Kapashera road is excellent. It isn't too out of the way for people in Phase 1.
Old 24th August 2018, 11:20   #304
BHPian

@Born 2 Be Wild

I came across this thread today and read all of it. I sincerely thank you for sharing your knowledge - especially gems like BPCL pumps being technological and infrastructure wise advanced, COCO also being outsourced to dealers etc.

The cheating which happens outside NCR is not surprising because most of the pumps were allotted to cronies of corrupt politicians. So, its neither surprising nor it can be controlled - not because OMCs can't employ more sales managers but there cannot be a political Will to control source of election money (like that from Agriculture Produce Marketing Committees)

I will be thankful if you could share your views on Reliance pumps as during out of Delhi trips (twice to Badrinath every year and twice to Narkanda), i first plan fuel by locating Reliance pumps. OMC pumps are always suspicious out of NCR. Unfortunately, i've to use them after rishikesh as there is none with diesel beyond Joshimath and i've to always keep tank full because of fear of being struck for days due to landslide.
Old 21st October 2018, 18:50   #305
BHPian

I trust the pump near Le meridian in Gurgaon. Regularly get a mileage of 13+ using their fuel while at many others in Gurgaon i have got as low as 11 in similar driving conditions.

The pumps not to trust in my experience of 12 years using bikes/cars are:
1. Pump before star mall (There was a viral video of their malpractices as well very recently)
2. Both the pumps near bakthawar chowk
3. Aakash brothers pump further down the road from Artemis hospital.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 20:31   #306
BHPian

The pumps I trust and get full tanks at are

1. "Janta Filling Centre" on your left before Guru Dronacharya Metro station.
2. "Gymkhana Pump" on your left before Samrat Hotel.
3. "Auto Care" near Ashoka Hotel.
Old 22nd October 2018, 10:07   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
OMC pumps are always suspicious out of NCR. Unfortunately, i've to use them after rishikesh as there is none with diesel beyond Joshimath.
My simple rule when I'm out of Delhi NCR is:
DIESEL: Go to the pumps with the maximum trucks.
PETROL: Go to the pumps with the maximum bikes.

This has served me well in the past 15 years or so, with only 1 or 2 experiences of poor quality fuel in about 50 trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
The pumps I trust and get full tanks at are

1. "Janta Filling Centre" on your left before Guru Dronacharya Metro station.
2. "Gymkhana Pump" on your left before Samrat Hotel.
3. "Auto Care" near Ashoka Hotel.
Auto Care is one of my favorites. But I have felt cheated a time or two at Janta Filling Station. Of course, that was maybe 5 or 7 years ago but I made it a point to not return.
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:18   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
. But I have felt cheated a time or two at Janta Filling Station. Of course, that was maybe 5 or 7 years ago but I made it a point to not return.
So have I. I could never prove anything but on three different occasions, the "light went" or "pipe got blocked" which caused an interruption. And the bill being broken into two.
Old 28th October 2018, 12:57   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post

Can you quote reasons/instances why you don't trust them? I have been filling regularly for some years from this pump but can always try other options if the reasons seem valid.
Old 28th October 2018, 13:12   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Can you quote reasons/instances why you don't trust them? I have been filling regularly for some years from this pump but can always try other options if the reasons seem valid.
I have experienced low mileage and once when i filled full tank the quantity was also more than usual. Since this comes in the way of my commute i used to fill but not anymore. Janta filling station seems to work good for my petrol car.
Old 5th November 2018, 02:35   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
I trust the pump near Le meridian in Gurgaon. Regularly get a mileage of 13+ using their fuel while at many others in Gurgaon i have got as low as 11 in similar driving conditions.

1. Pump before star mall (There was a viral video of their malpractices as well very recently)
2. Both the pumps near bakthawar chowk
The Bakhtawar pumps are crooks, and fill low quality and low quantity both. I dont trust gurgaon fuel anymore since it cooked up my GT's fuel pump, I only fill 99 octane from HP, Ashok Hotel or the LeMeredian pump for normal fuel.

Add all the other pumps around iffco chowk and the BP ex-coco opposite Gold Souk to the bad pump list too!
devilwearsprada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 10:30   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
The Bakhtawar pumps are crooks, and fill low quality and low quantity both. I dont trust gurgaon fuel anymore since it cooked up my GT's fuel pump, I only fill 99 octane from HP, Ashok Hotel or the LeMeredian pump for normal fuel.

Add all the other pumps around iffco chowk and the BP ex-coco opposite Gold Souk to the bad pump list too!
Hey Utsav,
Didn't know the COCO BP opposite gold souk is no longer a COCO. As far as I remember the board is still there. Also, for the last 31k Km's, I have been filling diesel in my figo 1.5 from that pump exclusively, and the car has not missed a beat. Please do expand on why you don't trust this pump as well. I filled petrol once from here in my civic and didn't face any issue. I have since then shifted to using speed 97, as I advanced the timing, and would like to have some safety net.
Old 6th November 2018, 10:35   #313
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
The Indian Oil Pump just before the border (when coming from Fun & Food Village) on the Kapashera road is excellent. It isn't too out of the way for people in Phase 1.
Is the IOCL pump on NH8 near the MCD Toll Plaza operational 24-hours?
Old 6th November 2018, 10:46   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Is the IOCL pump on NH8 near the MCD Toll Plaza operational 24-hours?
There are two, one on each side of the road.
The IOC pump that is there on the way to Delhi is open till late, but I don't know the timings.

However, there is a BP pump under the Rajokri flyover (when doing towards Gurgaon) that is 24 hours.

Not sure about quality and quantity of either of the three pumps though. I have only ever got small amounts (5 to 10 litres). I used to fill up at the IOC that comes after Fun & Food Village while I worked in Gurgaon.

On a related note:
Does any one know if either of the two pumps near Crowne Plaza in Okhla are worth visiting? There is one HP and one IOC.
Viraat13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 02:43   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Hey Utsav,
Didn't know the COCO BP opposite gold souk is no longer a COCO. As far as I remember the board is still there. Also, for the last 31k Km's, I have been filling diesel in my figo 1.5 from that pump exclusively, and the car has not missed a beat. Please do expand on why you don't trust this pump as well. I filled petrol once from here in my civic and didn't face any issue. I have since then shifted to using speed 97, as I advanced the timing, and would like to have some safety net.

I always fill fuel from that pump, and my fuel pump is kaput at 33.2K kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks