Team-BHP - Number Plates and Stickers - Tarun Cars (Lajpat Nagar, Delhi)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Delhi NCR (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/)
-   -   Number Plates and Stickers - Tarun Cars (Lajpat Nagar, Delhi) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/82699-number-plates-stickers-tarun-cars-lajpat-nagar-delhi-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 2067661)
Here you go, neither too loud nor too sober, appeals just right to me.
The letters are 1.5 inches and the number plate is also cut short a little (both width and height)

Sorry about such a delayed response, this thread just went off my radar and don't mind the dirt ridden car :D

That's the same Pepsi style i20 has but in italics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS (Post 2067974)
Great !

How much he charged ???

You always enquire about this place but never drive down:D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 2068039)
250/- INR. What I also found out was that even if one places an order of number plate elsewhere (anywhere in Lajpat Ngr 1 auto market) there's more than 50% chance that these guys would actually be doing the job for them. So why not directly go there instead!
Also, when I initially started asking about Tarun Cars nobody knew. It was Atul (BK Tyres) who pointed out their shop for me. There isn't any board/hoarding on their shop. The map :D below might help though

PS: My office laptop doesn't have photoshop installed so please, this is the best I could come up with in PowerPoint

He's the supplier to stores across South Delhi and even to Showrooms. My friend ordered the Plate from Elegant and it was Tarun Car's guy installing the plate, I was just laughing at this. No body knows them by the shop's name and even if you ask for Mr. Arora, you might get confused with another Arora who does same business next door.

The map is great, you hit the bull's eye in marking the place. I've got many stickers and plates from him, for home, cars and even for my bicycles (not with me now).

Moreover, he also has the Plate with Frame. I was told that the frame plate is also sold by a reputed South Delhi based Garage famous on TBHP for more than double of what Tarun Cars charge.

Just came back after getting the A & B pillar taped black for my swift from Tarun Cars. I thought I should share my experience though I'd be contradicting what I said earlier.

I was planning on getting this done for a long time now and finally went to them yesterday evening. This is how the conversation went:
Me: Hi, need to get the A,B pillar blackened with the tape.
Some worker: Ok. (not even looking at me, working on a number plate)
Me: Where do I park my car? (It was parked on the road blocking 1 side)
Worker: It'd cost you 400/- INR. (still no eye contact)
Me: (not happy) May be you can answer my question first?!
Worker: Well see if you find a spot to park. (no eye contact)
Me: (looking around) Can I park under that metro bridge there? (that was where I'd got the number plate fixed from them last time)
Worker: Naah! We can't work there anymore. (no eye contact)
Me: What time do you guys open up in the morning?
Worker: 11. (no eye contact)
Me: Thanks, I'll come tomorrow.

Just to mention, Mr. Arora was watching us having this conversation but for some reason decided against intervening.

The experience from yesterday could not deter me from not going to them again as I thought if I need to get quality work done may be I can compromise on how I'm handled by them.

So I'm there looking at 2 different types of black tapes this morning and I like the one with a little shine. I ask them to put it up but the guy there says that they don't have enough of it so I might need to come back again. It was at this time that he tells me that it'd cost me 450 bucks (for either of the tapes). Surprised, I tell him that I'd just inquired about the price yesterday and I was told 400. He says its 450 and that's that!

I go to Mr. Arora to check by when they could get the shiny tape but he tells me that it reached them by mistake and they can't get any more of it. So I decide on going ahead with whatever was available with them (some Oracle or Oracal brand) but I also confront him that how has the price suddenly gone up to 450 when I was told 400 told yesterday and he was there. He says, "Ok you can give 425". :Shockked: Still not convinced with what was happening I say I'm only going to give 400 and finally he agrees.

Now comes the real deal, putting the tape up. The guy doing it was leaving air bubbles all across until I was pointing them out. This frustrated him but I couldn't allow such bad quality work to be done on my car. There were about 4-5 instances when he couldn't get rid of the bubbles and had to prick them (not the best way) after putting the entire tape to get rid of them. Besides this, the entire tape was scratched with his fingernails because he was pressing his thumb hard on the tape to avoid the air bubbles.

After about 45 mins, with both of us frustrated to the core and each side B pillar tape with scratch marks, the job was done. But was it? Driver side A pillar tape was cut short by him and I could see a white horizontal line of about 10 inches which was the paint of the car. I call him to this side of the car and he says that things like these happen. Disagreeing, I tell him to rectify this so he comes back with a thin strip of black tape and covers the left out area.

Looking at such a shoddy job being done I tell him to remove the entire tape and leave it at that if he wasn't willing to replace it. This really pisses him off and muttering god knows what he goes back inside to get a fresh piece of tape. Finally after about an hour the ordeal is over, I pay them and drive back home.

The reason I didn't even think of giving any feedback to Mr. Arora was how he himself had dealt with me when it came to pricing.

A highly unpleasant experience with bad quality work done, wouldn't recommend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 2100734)

The reason I didn't even think of giving any feedback to Mr. Arora was how he himself had dealt with me when it came to pricing.

A highly unpleasant experience with bad quality work done, wouldn't recommend.

Sorry to hear about such an ordeal but you should've told the owner about it irrespective of the price issues. I mean you paid for it, you didn't get it for free. If I would've been there in your place I would've conveyed my take on the matter to Mr. Arora and asked for a replacement.

One can stay mum if he would've undertaken the job for free but since you paid, how can you let the money go waste? You yourself said that you went ahead with them irrespective of the first incident just because of quality work but if you didn't get what you desired or as per industry standards, you yourself made a mistake by not letting the owner know. As far as I know him, he'll replace it since it's a workmanship issue but if you still face trouble, let me know.

Please avoid getting work done on Sundays in Lajpat Nagar, Karol Bagh etc. It's rush time and you won't like work being carried out in a hurry. Moreover, when the owner is there at the shop straight talk to him than having any workers involved in pricing etc.

@tsk13: Since the post was already too long I did not mention other trivial but significant (from customer treatment perspective) things. When I was checking if they could get the shiny black tape Mr. Arora seemed least interested and the manner in which he told me that it was a mistake how the tape reached them in the first place and it wasn't possible to get it again was so rude and full of disinterest.

Apart from this I've already mentioned how he quoted 450 out of the blue and then agreed on 400, I mean that doesn't show professionalism. Again the manner in which he agreed to get the job done in 400 was as if he was disgusted with my bargaining when I was only trying to clarify how this difference of 50 bucks had creeped up suddenly.

The only reason I still went ahead with it was because I was anticipating quality work but when everything was compromised I couldn't think of anything else but getting out of there. May be if he had made me feel comfortable about paying 400 instead of 450 I might have shown him the bad quality work done.

I don't know how to explain it but it seemed that since I'd made him agree on a lower price than the market price (which I still don't think I did) I couldn't complain.

I think the only reason I was satisfied with the number plate (great quality job) I got from them was because I never dealt with Mr. Arora himself. My intention is not to demean anybody or any place but had to share this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fine69 (Post 2101418)

I don't know how to explain it but it seemed that since I'd made him agree on a lower price than the market price (which I still don't think I did) I couldn't complain.

I think the only reason I was satisfied with the number plate (great quality job) I got from them was because I never dealt with Mr. Arora himself. My intention is not to demean anybody or any place but had to share this.

Buddy, it's your right and I appreciate that you've shared this incident. Since today is weekly off, I will try catching up with Mr. Arora tomorrow and you do get in touch with him. Even if you bargained, you bargained for the same quality and he agreed to provide that but since the job has not been upto your satisfaction you should ask for a change. (Going by the prudence shown in your post, I assume that like an average customer you've genuine issues unlike certain people who crib about very small matters)

Regarding the Number Plate, remain carefree as I've seen the quality for more than a decade. Moreover, he blackened the pillars of my i20 about a year ago and the same is intact till date.

I was at Tarun Car few days back since I had to get new sets of Branding Stickers made for two Old Machines which have been Repainted. Font all chosen, Downloaded on the Pen Drive and handed over to Mr. Arora's Employee for Downloading on his PC and the Job was well done. I also got 6 Sets of Yellow Triangular Warning Stickers in Radium Tape for the Electrical Boxes at Work.

Number Plates and Stickers - Tarun Cars (Lajpat Nagar, Delhi)-photo-280315-19-12-48.jpg
Before (Above) & After - The Base Plate is Thick Aluminium Stuff - Got 4 of Such in Total

Number Plates and Stickers - Tarun Cars (Lajpat Nagar, Delhi)-photo-280315-19-15-07.jpg
That's how it takes Shape

Number Plates and Stickers - Tarun Cars (Lajpat Nagar, Delhi)-photo-280315-19-18-17.jpg
Two Tone Arrangement

Number Plates and Stickers - Tarun Cars (Lajpat Nagar, Delhi)-photo-280315-19-22-39.jpg
The Final Product

While getting my work done, I came across a new Introduction (New for me although, he says it's been few weeks now) - German Style Embossed Number Plates. Since they've Hand Presses in-house, he got a New Set of Die made and these Plates are Embossed (Pressed) and Stickers pasted on to the Impressions. Comparing them with the HSRP on my Ecosport whose Letters have started to Fade Away, these Stickers are Life-Long and any Wear & Tear can be easily taken care by way of putting on a New Sticker on that Embossed Letter.

The Prices for License Plates are-

1. Embossed Aluminium Plate - Rs. 800
2. Non-Embossed Acrylic Plate - Rs. 450
3. In between also lies a Non-Embossed Aluminium Plate with Letter Stickers on the Front. Forgot to check the Prices!

Number Plate Frame - Rs. 800

His Staff is well experienced and some of the guys I've been seeing for more than a Decade now. It's an Art in itself, Computerised Cutting plus Skills of the Guys post cutting!

He told me that he's Supplying these Plates to Car Accessories Dealers in other Parts of Delhi & NCR other than those in Lajpat Nagar. I was surprised when he conveyed that in Lajpat Nagar only, people ask anywhere between 2-3k for Embossed Plates & Frames from the Customer and he's the one supplying them. Anyhow, do refer my name as 'Tanveer Kohli' shall you've any issues although he himself never lets any Customer go disappointed!

Number Plates and Stickers - Tarun Cars (Lajpat Nagar, Delhi)-photo-280315-19-00-58.jpg
Acrylic Plate on Top & Embossed Aluminium Plate in Frame Below

Number Plates and Stickers - Tarun Cars (Lajpat Nagar, Delhi)-photo-280315-19-53-53.jpg
Embossed Plate Without Frame