Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and i would rate them as :
Highly Recommended 38 64.41%
Recommended 16 27.12%
NOT Recommended 5 8.47%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 00:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre & Alloy Wheels - BK Tyres (Lajpat Nagar-1)

I'm attaching the link which shows the way to BK Tyres from Nirulas, Defence Colony. BK Tyres is right opposite to Elegant Kar (It's the correct spelling) Accessories Pvt. Ltd. and in the back lane of Samara Hyundai.

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=d&so...8&ie=UTF8&z=16

Last edited by tsk13 : 14th February 2011 at 00:50.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2011, 10:41   #17
BHPian

I had an unpleasant experience buying tyres a few days back.

My older Yokohama A-drive on Santro had peeled off a tread and I needed to get my tyres changed urgently. Unfortunately, it was the same day as India-Pak match, so a lot of shops were not picking up the phone.

I called up BK and asked them about 165/65/13 Michelin XM1+ and Turanza ER60 price - he confirmed that both were in stock and were about Rs 3200

I reached there in the afternoon and he saw my car - after that he quoted rs 3400 per tyre. He also said that Turanza is not available and I would have to take the Michelin or the Potenza. I was really surprised since I had called ahead TWICE.

The problem was that I had no choice - I HAD to get my tyres changed, so I paid 13400 (200 rs discount for return of older tyres) and NO wheel balancing and alignment (the owner said they dont have the facilities to do it at all)

Last time I had gotten my tyres from Singh Shoppe (associated with Driven) and he had infact home delivered my car after fitting tyres and all balancing/alignment !

Overall - a very unpleasant experience at BK tyres. Dont think I will ever suggest anyone to buy from there.
silverbyte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2011, 10:48   #18
BANNED

Oh yea, He is definitely the best in Delhi, I have just bought one set of Michelins from him but he is definitely the best and honest.
Old 21st April 2011, 23:32   #19
BHPian

Well friends, just got new tyres of my swift. Had XM1+ previously & opted for the same again. When enquired from jitesh on phone, he quoted a rate of 4500/ per tyre. On reaching there had to deal with the elder sibling, he insisted for 4550/ .
Also before closing the deal , he quoted buyback rates for the older tyres at 2000/. Also he knew well in advance that one of the old tyres was damaged. After completing the transition, the gentleman said nothing doing , will give only 1500/ back since one tyre was damaged. Anyways since all was done, i was in no mood to fight for 500bucks. Also at he time of payment, Jitesh came to the shop & he confirmed to his elder bro that he had infact quoted 4500/. so minus 200 from bill amount.
Then he told if i pay by card, then additional 2.5% or else he will take the MRP printed on the tyre.
All in all, i was not very pleased by the attitute of the elder bro as the last time i had dealt with jitesh. For that time i had given a rating of Highly recommended, but after dealing with the elder bro would like to change to Recommended. Also would like to add that the quality of the product is as good as always , it is only the way of dealing that was not very smooth this time & was not expected. Hope they take notice & try to make the experiance better as they may be Good but definitely not he only one.
piyush78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 09:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Well friends, just got new tyres of my swift. Had XM1+ previously & opted for the same again. When enquired from jitesh on phone, he quoted a rate of 4500/ per tyre. On reaching there had to deal with the elder sibling, he insisted for 4550/ .
Also before closing the deal , he quoted buyback rates for the older tyres at 2000/. Also he knew well in advance that one of the old tyres was damaged. After completing the transition, the gentleman said nothing doing , will give only 1500/ back since one tyre was damaged. Anyways since all was done, i was in no mood to fight for 500bucks. Also at he time of payment, Jitesh came to the shop & he confirmed to his elder bro that he had infact quoted 4500/. so minus 200 from bill amount.
Then he told if i pay by card, then additional 2.5% or else he will take the MRP printed on the tyre.
All in all, i was not very pleased by the attitute of the elder bro as the last time i had dealt with jitesh. For that time i had given a rating of Highly recommended, but after dealing with the elder bro would like to change to Recommended. Also would like to add that the quality of the product is as good as always , it is only the way of dealing that was not very smooth this time & was not expected. Hope they take notice & try to make the experiance better as they may be Good but definitely not he only one.
Hmm...This does seem a bit unpleasant to have so many people say so many things from a reputed shop like BK Tyres. Must be a one off thing. My experience with Jitesh has always been good so far, plus I keep meeting up when I go to get accessories from Ahuja Car Decor opposite.
Good luck with the ride man!
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:03   #21
BHPian

actually that is the point i am trying to make @ByDesign. Dealing with jitesh was a very smooth & much better experiance compaired to his elder sibling. Atleast that is what i could make out of dealing with them on two occasions to get new tyres.
But I would still like to go there if reqd as i believe that the product quality & genuinity will be assured with them & one can get duped easily in the market if not careful. Anyways , all is past now & looking forward to a better experiance the next time. Cheers!

Last edited by piyush78 : 22nd April 2011 at 13:06.
Old 24th April 2011, 15:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

Piyush, I've personally witnessed the management there advising customers to go to the ATM next-door to get cash than getting their cards swiped for purchase so as to avoid the additional burden on customer's pocket. I appreciate their straight-forward approach to customers unlike others, who issue their T&C's after the fitting has been done.
Old 25th November 2011, 17:53   #23
BHPian

Hi All,

I am in process of purachsing new shoes from my Swift VDI .. So can you please let me know if B K Tyres would do wheel balancing and alignment after tyre change ?

Regards,
Old 25th November 2011, 17:56   #24
BHPian

They will do the balancing. You need to get the alignment done on your own. There is one in lajpat nagar in the same lane. although i got it done from moolchand motors next to petrol PVR priya at petrol pump.

I went back to Jitesh after an year use of my Michellin XM1+. One tyre came with defect, Left the tyre for inspection and got a call next day from company guy, who managed to reimburse 50% of it as it was impact on tyre as he say. I still have to get the new tyre done. yesterday it was very busy at the shop and waited for 30 min and have to come back empty handed.

DONT BUY ANY THING FROM THE SHOP IN-FRONT (Marshal). I bought a car perfume from him for 500 bugs after the owner "Highly Recommended" stuff. and checked the same perfume 5 min later at the in and out petrol pump later for 350 Bucks. Sheer cheat.

Last edited by keralshobhit : 25th November 2011 at 18:11. Reason: More information
Old 1st February 2012, 20:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

On the risk of being labeled as promoting the dealership, I must say interacting with Jitesh always makes me have hope for the future of our car accesseries dealership. The guy is genuine and so cultured that its always a pleasure to talk to him... This would be my third trip to him after purchasing Primary LC for ANHC, Yokohoma S Drives & Alloys for Figo and now another set of 205/55/15 Yokos. I really dont care about the money aspect and have now stopped enquiring the rates with other dealers. As what he has done, what most dont do, is develop something thats very important, TRUST!
Old 28th October 2012, 20:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Received an update from BK Tyres, they're stocking the entire range of Lensos now. To the people who're unaware, the Karol Bagh Lenso Store closed long ago. Interesting development for Delhiites, especially those who prefer quality product!

An excerpt from post on their Facebook page -
"Series like Conquista, Euro Style, Opus, Grandioza and Intimidator are available only on order. And many models of Raiden's Project D and Samurai Series are available in stock."
Old 29th October 2012, 12:12   #27
BHPian

[quote=ByDesign;2323072 I keep meeting up when I go to get accessories from Ahuja Car Decor opposite.[/quote]
Could you provide me contact no. of Ahuja Car Decor.
I believe that I had gone to wrong shop and had a very unpleasant experience there.
Old 29th October 2012, 12:16   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Received an update from BK Tyres, they're stocking the entire range of Lensos now. To the people who're unaware, the Karol Bagh Lenso Store closed long ago. Interesting development for Delhiites, especially those who prefer quality product!

An excerpt from post on their Facebook page -
"Series like Conquista, Euro Style, Opus, Grandioza and Intimidator are available only on order. And many models of Raiden's Project D and Samurai Series are available in stock."
Yep! Good update. Asked Jitesh if he has 98 PCD's for my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Could you provide me contact no. of Ahuja Car Decor.
I believe that I had gone to wrong shop and had a very unpleasant experience there.
Sent the owner's number to your inbox.
ByDesign is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 17:48   #29
akp
BHPian

I should narrate my experience with BK tyres. Nothing very bad, but a warning for many people nevertheless, so that they do not get carried away reading some good reviews here and trusts them blindly believing they are so nice and reliable.

I was looking for tyres for my Jazz - 175/65 R15. Michelin Energy XM2 is the one I was after. Talked to Jitesh over phone, he confirmed they have it in stock, so I can come over. Reach there on a sunday. First tyre that they show me was more than a year old. When I point it out, the person tells me he would check what's the freshest piece they have. After a while, he says that the latest one that they can give me is September 2012 manufactured. Thus far, it is almost alright. They have no fresh stock, and I am fine with that (the first one that they tried to give me was more than a year old, and that is not done; but let me forget that for the moment). Next, the person tries to convince me that by the time the tyres reach the shop, its normally six months from the date of manufacture, so I should buy the ones he was offering (the September 2012 one). Of course, that was complete bs, and I came back.

I have subsequently got February, 2013 manufactured ones from a different dealer and at a better price than that BK offered.
akp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 12:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
I have subsequently got February, 2013 manufactured ones from a different dealer and at a better price than that BK offered.
Please share the details of other dealer for benefit of all. Also, it would be great if you share your complete experience with him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks