Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and I would rate them as:
Highly recommended 9 64.29%
Recommended 5 35.71%
Not Recommended 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 20:26   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Metro Spares & Ghai Motors (Savitri Nagar, New Delhi)

Products sold:
  • Automotive spare parts. From the humble M-800 to Mercs. Also lubricating oils, additives like System-G/-D, batteries. Two adjacent shops run by the same owner. Ghai Motors stocks mostly Maruti parts, Metro Spares stocks spares for other cars & SUVs.
What I like:
  • Have procured spares for my cars from him over the last 5-6 years.
  • Has an excellent stock of spares for a variety of cars - even Skodas and Fords.
  • The owner understands cars, and can give you the exact spare based on model year.
  • Straightforward dealing, no bargaining, offers better prices than others, and definitely much cheaper than authorised service centres for guaranteed genuine parts.
  • Will procure and give specific parts within the day if not available in ready stock with him.
What I don't like:
  • Parking outside the shop is a hassle.
  • Not open on Tuesdays.
Pricing: Competitive. Not amenable to bargaining though.

Speciality / USP: None in particular.

What I have bought from him: Spare parts for my previously owned Accent Viva CRDi and Swift ZXi. Also spares for a Honda City Type 3 and a Toyota Corolla.

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Arun
- Phone numbers: 9810299709
- Postal Address: 12, Savitri Nagar, near Malviya Nagar, New Delhi.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: About 500 m. from the Karim's outlet at Malviya Nagar.
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:

Metro Spares & Ghai Motors (Savitri Nagar, New Delhi)-metro-spares.jpg
Old 22nd June 2010, 00:38   #2
BHPian

+1

I also have purchased parts for various cars, most of them are in stock else Arun promptly orders!!
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:31   #3
Team-BHP Support

Sos

Hi!

One of my family members is looking to buy a '03 Honda City over in Delhi. Can he take the services of Metro Spares & Ghai Motors for evaluation? Would they guide him through?

If not, what other options are over at Delhi NCR?

Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:59   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Can he take the services of Metro Spares & Ghai Motors for evaluation? Would they guide him through?

If not, what other options are over at Delhi NCR?
Metro Spares do not undertake such services. You could try contacting the Automobile Association of Upper India (AAUI) (AAUI) for such services.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 13:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Metro Spares & Ghai Motors (Savitri Nagar, New Delhi)

Thanks SS Traveller for this.. I was able to source the headlight assembly of my Indigo today which was not available even at Kashmere Gate.

Good price.. highly recommended.
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2011, 19:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Does this guy only provide spares or does he also has a service station to get them fixed? I have a ford fiesta which needs suspension and shocks changed but the Ford guys are asking high amount for the same including labour hence wanted to know if he might be able to help me in this regards.
If he does not provide the service but can get the suspension and shocks for fiesta, then can anyone please guide me from where i can get them fixed in south delhi. I live in Saket, next to Malviya Nagar.
Old 8th October 2011, 19:33   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Does this guy only provide spares or does he also has a service station to get them fixed?
...can anyone please guide me from where i can get them fixed in south delhi. I live in Saket, next to Malviya Nagar.
Nope, he doesn't service cars, just sells spares.
Old 11th March 2012, 23:12   #8
BHPian

+1. He is good. I usually go to Ghai Motors cause he keeps parts for my Opel. No bargaining as mentioned, but the prices are fine, parts are genuine. If you're buying after market stuff, the quality is as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Does this guy only provide spares or does he also has a service station to get them fixed?
Hey, there are plenty of mechanics in Malviya Nagar right in front of the shops in fact. Otherwise, head to GK2 M block or Prithvi Raj Market or Pallika Bhawan.
Old 8th September 2013, 21:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

I bought the following parts for my 2008 Verna:

1. Front brake pads (Hyundai genuine part)
2. Rear brake pads (HGP wasn't available. Very few old Vernas were sold with the rear disk option, as a result of which the disks/pads have now become an oddity even in Hyundai Service Centre).
3. Front right foglight assembly
4. Wheel bearing (FAG make)

The shop stocks both company OEM and local parts, and the prices are really on the low side. Arun ji is a helpful guy who knows his cars and will provide exactly what you need. I've decided to make this my regular source for service parts. Highly recommended!

The only downside is - parking is a real nightmare in the area. In all probability you'll have to park 400 mtrs away and walk the distance.

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 8th September 2013 at 21:27.
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 20:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post

The only downside is - parking is a real nightmare in the area. In all probability you'll have to park 400 mtrs away and walk the distance.
True that! Much easier to park on the road leading to the Outer Ring Road and walk the distance.

Also, heads up to all the other people planning on visiting the shop. You will have to take a left right after Chirag Dilli flyover and follow the sign boards when coming from the GK side as the regular left turn after the fuel pumps is currently an exit only due to the Metro construction work.
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
You will have to take a left right after Chirag Dilli flyover and follow the sign boards when coming from the GK side as the regular left turn after the fuel pumps is currently an exit only due to the Metro construction work.
There are really two ways- the best option IMHO is to take a left immediately after alighting from the Chirag Dilli flyover, then hang a right on to Savitri Nagar Rd at Triangular park, keep going straight and then a left when you hit a T-junction. Metro Spares is within a few hundred meters from this turn, immediately after a tyre shop. Lookout for a black and white striped 4 ft tall road divider (yes!) , and you know you have reached the spot.

The other option is to continue on Outer ring road, hang a left (X marks the spot) immediately after the metro construction (off the BP petrol pump) - come by the wrong side for a few metres, and then cut over into the right side on the original Maharshi Dayanand road. From there look out for the black and white striped road divider and consider yourself at the destination.

Metro Spares & Ghai Motors (Savitri Nagar, New Delhi)-route-chirag-dilli.jpg
Old 7th June 2014, 23:12   #12
BHPian

Went ahead and sourced a pair of wiper blades from Mr Arun - had liaised with him beforehand over the phone. He is polite and helped me find the shop with precise and clear directions. He had kept the set also ready over the counter so when I did reach the shop, he promptly handed them over. It was a pair of OEM Bosch wiper blades and he charged me 12% less than the printed price.
Parking, as always remains a problem. I had to park almost 400 metres away. That was the only negative I could think of, in an otherwise faultless buying experience.

Cheers !
Old 30th July 2014, 18:55   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Nope, he doesn't service cars, just sells spares.
Does he stock spares of high end cars like BMW and Merc ?
Old 30th July 2014, 21:17   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Nope. Only stuff like TATA, Fiat, Opel, Hyundai. Head to Prithvi Raj Market (Khan Market) for Benz and BMW parts.
Old 31st July 2014, 14:12   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Best is to reach Palika Bhawan for that. Give it a google search!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks