Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 10:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

It is sad & unfortunate that the reputation of Pandit & Co is going for a toss because of the "attitude" issues of Junior.

It would pain the Senior to see his decades of labour & hard work getting a bad name because of his own child's attitude. I doubt that Mr. Pandit would be reading this forum, even if he did, can he hope to reform a grown up man ??

It is in the interest of Junior himself to change his holier than thou attitude, lest he looses business over a period of time & more importantly the reputation he inherited from his dad.

God save the company !! May better sense prevail
Old 26th July 2010, 02:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post

But all said and done, hopefully this will act as a kick in the appropriate place to make Pandit & Co as good as it always was.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. And when it happens, I'll be the first to cheer. Until then...
Old 26th July 2010, 21:40   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

From the recent responses, is it safe to presume that Pandit Sr is highly recommended, and Pandit Jr is best avoided?

If they are running two separate establishments, why mix them up? Please create a separate thread so that other readers don't get confused.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:17   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
From the recent responses, is it safe to presume that Pandit Sr is highly recommended, and Pandit Jr is best avoided?

If they are running two separate establishments, why mix them up? Please create a separate thread so that other readers don't get confused.
They do not run different establishments! They're both working from the same place. Which is why the vast difference in experiences is so very odd to say the least.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

GTO, Prakul and Pandit Sr. operate from Okhla unit as mentioned by Viraat. Pandit family also owns a store in Connaught Place for Car Accessories, I don't know who manages it.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:53   #51
BHPian

Has anyone ever been to the CP store? What is it like? What do they keep? Is it good stuff? Like Pandit & Co quality as we know it? Any experiences?!
Old 27th July 2010, 09:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

If the two had seperate establishments (how I wish), Prakul would be out of business OR would have mended his ways, if he wanted to continue in the business.

Enough said, I think we shall all be weary of getting anything done there henceforth. Or ensure that one deals with the Senior gentleman

As for the CP store, if memory serves me right it used to be somewhere in the back of the middle circle. I distinctly recall drooling over "white fiats" getting tinted glasses, wooden trims, bucket seats, fancy upholstery, musical horns fitted. Those were masterpieces and anyone who owned a Pandit modded or rather accesorised car was looked upon with "great respect"

Cheers
Old 27th July 2010, 12:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

As per my conversation with Junior, the CP store is primarily for selling accessories, thanks to CWG beautification and restoration work going on there, there isnt much space for any car related work. So all work needs to be done at Okhla Industrial Area.

While the experience of godog is not pleasing to him, I however feel that its something like a trial which Junior tried but it didn't happen and moreover what ever was done, wasn't acceptable to godog.

For such kind of jobs one has to take a risk of getting it as per your own liking, which may OR may not happen, and if it is not as per your liking if the modifier agrees to take it off and reimburse, I think the matter can be closed.

There may be several instances of some simple jobs being not done in a decent way by someone reputed, while the person may have done such other jobs wonderfully.

As regards paint coming off - it is definitely an issue on the work.
Old 28th July 2010, 00:31   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post

While the experience of godog is not pleasing to him, I however feel that its something like a trial which Junior tried but it didn't happen and moreover what ever was done, wasn't acceptable to godog.

For such kind of jobs one has to take a risk of getting it as per your own liking, which may OR may not happen, and if it is not as per your liking if the modifier agrees to take it off and reimburse, I think the matter can be closed.

There may be several instances of some simple jobs being not done in a decent way by someone reputed, while the person may have done such other jobs wonderfully.

As regards paint coming off - it is definitely an issue on the work.

Please don't miss the trees for the woods.
Old 30th July 2010, 18:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

is Bharat Pandit the name of the Pandit Sr?
Old 25th August 2010, 21:48   #56
BHPian

I recently visited Pandit & Co. Actually just yesterday to show him (Pandit SR) my 'new' W124 and get an estimate of all the work involved. He sure is a smooth talker. I think I got myself an estimate of 2 Lakhs in like 30 mins. Lets see if I go through with it all or just get a paint job from him and the rest of the work (mechanical) from Patel Auto.
Old 25th August 2010, 21:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
I recently visited Pandit & Co. Actually just yesterday to show him (Pandit SR) my 'new' W124 and get an estimate of all the work involved. He sure is a smooth talker. I think I got myself an estimate of 2 Lakhs in like 30 mins. Lets see if I go through with it all or just get a paint job from him and the rest of the work (mechanical) from Patel Auto.

Congrats on your "new" 124

Why get just the paint from Pandit ??? Patel does a great paint job, I got my car painted there. (Unless Pandit is cheaper) For mechanicals Patel is a good bet.

So what are you getting done a E220 or a E250D ?

Cheers
Old 25th August 2010, 22:43   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Congrats on your "new" 124

Why get just the paint from Pandit ??? Patel does a great paint job, I got my car painted there. (Unless Pandit is cheaper) For mechanicals Patel is a good bet.

So what are you getting done a E220 or a E250D ?

Cheers
Just the paint from Pandit because the rest will work out REAL expensive. Patel is the cheapest out of Pandit, Patel and T&T Motors. Hence mechanical work from there & cosmetic from Pandit. I will be PM-ing you about a few things! Prepare to be annoyed! :P
It's an E220. 1996 Model.
Old 31st October 2010, 09:52   #59
BHPian

How are they when it comes to paint matching?
I am thinking of getting an accidental repair done by them.
Do they have anything special (tools etc.) when it comes to paint matching?
Old 3rd November 2010, 16:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
How are they when it comes to paint matching?
I am thinking of getting an accidental repair done by them.
Do they have anything special (tools etc.) when it comes to paint matching?
I think you should check out the thread by iraghava on repaint done on his OHC.

They have done good job on his car. I havent got any such job done so will not be in a position to comment on this.

Most Viewed