Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 17:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
I think you should check out the thread by iraghava on repaint done on his OHC.

They have done good job on his car. I havent got any such job done so will not be in a position to comment on this.
Iraghava is well known to the Pandits.. PM him, he'll help you out!
Old 3rd November 2010, 17:46   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
How are they when it comes to paint matching?
I am thinking of getting an accidental repair done by them.
Do they have anything special (tools etc.) when it comes to paint matching?
Though I've never got any work done from them, I'm sure they can match the paint better than any dealership an ever dream of!!

(lol even I can, its that easy. Its just that, Laziness = improper paint match!)
Old 3rd November 2010, 23:40   #63
Senior - BHPian

Abhi, Paint-Matching shouldn't be an issue. I've been road-side guys perfectly matching the shades and since they're certainly above their level, they should get the job done right.
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:09   #64
BHPian

Re: Pandit & Co. (Delhi)

I am getting ideas about getting my Fiesta 1.6S serviced by them once the two-year warranty ends, that is I must not take the third and fourth year extended warranty. Does it sound good?

I tried to find some threads sharing some experience with their service but couldn't find any.

Or is it better to take the car to them for major services only like
20k km, 40k km, 60k km services only wherein engine flush etc. is done.
Old 6th February 2011, 23:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

I've given my i20 to them for some repairs!! Will post back with pics of the work and overall experience and expenses!!

Mr. Pandit Sr. is sure a very smooth talker! I got an estimate within 10-15 mins and he gave me great insight into religion etc. too!

Was truly a great experience talking to him! Estimate was kinda unnerving!!

but I'd give anything for a top quality paint job!
Old 8th February 2011, 20:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I've given my i20 to them for some repairs!! Will post back with pics of the work and overall experience and expenses!!

Mr. Pandit Sr. is sure a very smooth talker! I got an estimate within 10-15 mins and he gave me great insight into religion etc. too!

Was truly a great experience talking to him! Estimate was kinda unnerving!!

but I'd give anything for a top quality paint job!

The religion steps in so that the estimate does not HIT a customer so hard, do not see the relevance !!

Anyway, bottomline if the job is done right all is worth it - even the religous gyaan

Cheers
Old 17th February 2011, 17:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)

Got my i20 back!!

The paint job is top notch as compared to hyundai!(except for a few paint defects I just cant ignore! )

Apparently, the guy there who uses the rotary doesn't know how to use it and burned my car's clear coat at 5 places!!(3 places on front bumper and 2 places on rear bumper)

(Generally rotary is absolutely contraindicated for use near sharp edges and on a plastic/ polyurethane bumper its even more dangerous!!

Thats cause metal can dissipate the heat produced by the friction between pad and paint, easily! Plastic/polyurethane bumpers don't conduct heat that effectively leading to clearcoat burn through!)

Will be taking it back to them soon! :(

Not to mention whole car was swirled as the hack rotary guy used just one pad with tons of contamination on it!(Also known as Hack detailing)
Old 28th February 2011, 11:22   #68
BHPian

Very interesting, Sohail. Do post pictures. Did the manage to flatten the paint, or does the paint still have orange peel on it

Also, what products do they use for paint correction? Is it reputed brands like Menzerna, Megs etc.? Last time I went there, I was surprised on being told that paint sealant (e.g. Zaino) is an industrial process and is not to be used on cars! I had tried to get some inputs on Sealant vs wax...

Just like you, I'd give an arm and a leg for something like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-afterdetailindoors42.jpg  

Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-after33.jpg  

Last edited by vipul_singh : 28th February 2011 at 11:29.
Old 13th March 2011, 09:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Its flat in some areas but certainty needs sanding in a few areas! + the rotary guy wasn't able to remove a few sanding scratches !! but thats no biggie! I can refinish every panel myself!

I'm just waiting for the 2-month paint curing time to get over and then I'll sand>compound>polish>finish and seal it!!

Next time I'll just have them repaint it and refinish myself!

I dunno about the compounds that they use, but whatever it is, its inadequate to properly remove sanding scratches!!

(but then it also depends on what type of sandpaper you finished with!
I usually start with 2000 grit and finish with 3000 - 4000grit papers! Any quality compound is easily able to remove 3000-4000 grit sanding scratches!)

I prefer M105 or Menz Power finish! I just hope the 2-months end soon!

And Zaino is perfectly safe for automotive paints(their AIOs, Z8, clear-seal etc.)!! Many detailers in U.S. use it with top results and perfect finishes!! I dunno why he said that!?(maybe he was referring to some coating that they make etc.)

As long as paint is cured and doesn't need any more outgassing it can be sealed or waxed no probs!(typically sealants last longer than pure waxes, but waxes tend to make the paint look really deep and glossy)
Old 13th March 2011, 14:39   #70
BHPian

That is somewhat worrying. If the people at Pandit cannot do it to the level I am looking for, then who can? Would request BHPians reply on this question

I was planning to get my Palio resprayed due to various paint defects that have crept in over the past 8+ years. The car looks good from any distance over 8 feet (do check out my garage pics), but there are various issues which cannot be corrected with a rotary.

Anyway, I'd much appreciate if you could load some pictures if (/when) you decide to flatten > cut > LSP > protect the paint.
Old 14th March 2011, 09:23   #71
Senior - BHPian

Don't get me wrong, I mean the paint quality is the best I've seen so far(but then I have only been to Hyundai bodyshops before which are known for crap paintjobs)

Though the new paint has a few defects(which you'll see if you're really looking for them), its livable with! (mostly minor pits, fisheyes etc.)

After I refinish the panel, the actual picture will come out!
I just hope, the primer was laid and sanded properly.

(Actually if you don't sand the primer properly, the sanding pattern of the primer is visible through the color and clearcoat! thats cause the color coat and the clearcoat settle in the valleys created by the aggressive sandpaper(used on the primer) and this cannot be removed from the outside!)
Old 20th March 2011, 09:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

I had just gone there to get some 'gross errors' rectified that they had induced while painting!

One was that their 'hack detailer' had burned the paint on my front bumper, which they agreed to repair!

Other was the rear bumper area where dunno why, they applied paint(rear bumper was absolutely fine before I gave it to them(I detail my car literally everyday myself!! so I know better than anyone else on this earth!!))

This caused a paint drip there(come to think of it, I think the hack detailer burned too much clear off of there with the rotary and then they did a super shoddy cover up job!!) -- Which they refuse to accept that they did it!!

(maybe the paint shop owners are not aware of what shoddy job their painters are doing!)

They were like " The dealership must've messed it up and painted it!" The car hasn't been to a dealership in 1 year!!! And the rear bumper was absolutely fine before I gave it to em!(except for a few paint chips that I can live with)

They're flatly denying that they did it! I'm highly disappointed!!!(and they quoted me ~6.5k for rear bumper to rectify the drip and other paint defects, that was instilled by them to begin with!!)

Here are a few pics -

Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-abcd0006.jpg

Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-abcd0007.jpg

Bodywork and Paint - Pandit & Co. (Delhi)-abcd0009.jpg

One word(s) of advise to anyone going there : For god's sake, never get your car 'Polished' as they mention in the estimate\quote they give!!

All you'll be paying them, will be for them ruining your otherwise good paint!! (deny all kinds of treatments like 'teflon', 'polish', 'buffer' etc. All that stuff is hogwash and will actually damage your car!!!)

+ Take close up pics of each and every panel of your car and glass, incl head and tail lamp lenses thoroughly!!!(in their presence!)

This is a great insurance against any probs they deny causing that are present after a paint job!
Old 20th March 2011, 09:45   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
One word(s) of advise to anyone going there : For god's sake, never get your car 'Polished' as they mention in the estimate\quote they give!!
Hard luck sohail. I am hugely disappointed by the response of Pandit & Co. in my case as well. I was looking for a body work and paint shop for detailing my Civic in January. I phoned at Pandit's workshop and immediately was completely put off by their response on phone. He was an utter rude guy to talk to. No prize for guessing that I gave them a miss. Two days ago, I was searching team bhp for some information about powder coating alloys of my car and succumbed upon Pandit & Co. once again. I phoned them on Friday asking for the powder coat. They plainly denied the possibility of powder coating Civic's alloys and told me to go for a paint job for INR 1750/wheel. I am sorry but if you don't do powder coat, thats a different thing, but for god sake don't fool the customer that it isn't possible at all!

I have seen some cars that were re-painted at Pandit's and it seemed impeccable. But alas, my experience dealing with them has only been disappointing so far.

Anyway, what do you plan next to rectify this defect? I am sure it must be wrenching your heart every time you see it.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 20th March 2011 at 09:59.
Old 20th March 2011, 13:14   #74
Senior - BHPian

If they wont repair it!(I'm pretty sure, they wont)

I'll sand down the excess paint by wetsanding and compound it out!
Hopefully it'll turn out good enough!
Old 21st March 2011, 13:37   #75
BHPian

thanks for pics sohail, my driver slightly dented my rear left door and some paint came off, i was planing to go to Pandit to get it fixed, seems like they lost it. Any good suggestions by any one in Delhi, i have a tuscan wine linea

Most Viewed