Old 16th July 2013, 15:24   #16
BHPian

re: Lights & mods : Retro Rides (Delhi)

nop we dont have auto leveler ,we do it manually
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:58   #17
BHPian

Hey mates,

Just went through the thread and the RR site. I'm planning to go for DRLs (within the headlamp like the Brazilian Ecosport) which turn into indicators too and the bi-xenon HIT kit (4500-5000 K).

My question is are these DRLs the ones from Aliexpress? Also what will be the cost of the DRLs + HID kit (without projectors)+ fitment?
Old 10th April 2014, 05:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Hey mates,

Just went through the thread and the RR site. I'm planning to go for DRLs (within the headlamp like the Brazilian Ecosport) which turn into indicators too and the bi-xenon HIT kit (4500-5000 K).

My question is are these DRLs the ones from Aliexpress? Also what will be the cost of the DRLs + HID kit (without projectors)+ fitment?
I remember inquiring with them once and they said it will cost me 5k including installation. The fitting takes 2-3 hours as they need to use a sticky glue to make them retain their position and the headlight assembly will also need to be opened up. The cost on aliexpress is 3k for the DRLs and 2K for HIDs. You can order and get them installed from there. Will take a month to reach you. Make sure to order an extra pair of bulbs.

Last edited by mani_jeenu : 10th April 2014 at 05:12. Reason: edit
Old 11th April 2014, 10:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
The cost on aliexpress is 3k for the DRLs and 2K for HIDs.
Just 2k for the HID kit? Which brand is it? I believe HIDs from Philips, Osram, Auto Garage don't come in anything less than 7-8k. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by the13thtee : 11th April 2014 at 10:58.
Old 11th April 2014, 21:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Just 2k for the HID kit? Which brand is it? I believe HIDs from Philips, Osram, Auto Garage don't come in anything less than 7-8k. Correct me if I'm wrong.
It may be a bit difficult to find genuine philips and osram bulbs in the market as the replica's are very high copies and really hard to differentiate from the original bulbs. The ones I am talking about are the chinese ones available on aliexpress. Search as per your bulb type and you will see what I am referring to. You can get the whole kit with projectors from there under 6k. The price varies there and I was only quoting the minimum price. Good luck
mani_jeenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 18:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
The ones I am talking about are the chinese ones available on aliexpress. Search as per your bulb type and you will see what I am referring to. You can get the whole kit with projectors from there under 6k. The price varies there and I was only quoting the minimum price. Good luck
Thanks mate. But the quality and reliability are the two parameters that are important, as I don't want to mess up with my headlamps compromising on these parameters. I'll do the research on the availability of the genuine ones and share the same. Thanks for the advice though !
Old 17th January 2016, 14:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Recently had a good experience dealing with Diksheet. Didn't work out well at all, for me. And I ended up making a loss, but Diksheet was good enough to make up for some of it, and I think there is a dearth of such nice people these days.
Sent my Polo headlights to him from Mumbai to install FXR 3.0 projectors.
2 things went wrong:
1. THe FXR projectors, though the best in the business, are too big to fit conveniently into the relatively small Polo (FL Dual barrel headlight) reflectors. This gives rise to some problems while aligning and adjusting the beam as the projector fouls with the reflector and doesn't allow much adjustment. Even Diksheet learned this the hard way, and has said that a smaller 2.5 inch projector will be a better fit in this particular headlight.
2. The courier messed up big time. Received headlights with the entire alignment (he had even kindly arranged for a polo in delhi and aligned them well for me, initially) gone for a toss. Even the mounting arm of one for headlights came broken. This ruined it for me. They must have dropped the package in transit!!

Anyway, Diksheet sent me a new headlight AND paid for half of the installation of the same in Mumbai, and that, for me is a great gesture.
frankmehta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 19:21   #23
BHPian

Re: Lights & mods : Retro Rides (Delhi)

I am looking forward to get projectors installed in my Ecosport, along with the DRL's. However, I want a socket to socket job so that warranty is not voided. I was wondering if someone can provide their address as their website is under construction. Also, how is their general quality towards the work. Will they buy back my original headlights if I buy eagle eyes set from them ?
Old 27th August 2016, 21:05   #24
BHPian

Just a long term review.

Has clocked more than 30k kilometre after the retrofit in my Wagon R, currently at 1,60,000+ km.

Pros:

1. From day 1 there has been ZERO moisture/mist inside the headlights.

2. Original Morimoto dealer in India, hence, original one year warranty. Had to use it once when after service one of the HID went kaput! Thanks to the careless service guys who just love to play with anything new they find.
Replaced with no extra cost.

3. After using it for almost a year, I can say it’s very durable. Has been on rough patches, long road trips at night, infamous Gurgaon rains and swimming pools
Moreover I have driven at nights for 5-10k km as UBER driver, which is a completely interesting topic for another thread. So their work is trustworthy.

4. Good and comfortable sitting area, if you don't want to watch the guys working.

5. Very experienced working level employee (just 2 ).

6. Low labour cost and the products are not that costly as well.

7. Ex-TBHP member. Got banned for little fault of his own, and now not in favour of the forum. But holds no remorse to the members.

Cons:

1. Long process, took one complete day.

2. The work area is not that comfortable if you are that kind of person who finds it interesting in watching the whole process.

3. Can do only 1 vehicle per day. So I'd recommend calling him before going.

4. Limited Parking. As above mentioned.

And a favourite pic of my Wagon R while en-route to Narkanda, HP.

Lights & mods : Retro Rides (Delhi)-img_5490.jpg

Last edited by Ashir : 27th August 2016 at 21:07. Reason: Spells
Ashir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 20:47   #25
BHPian

Can anybody post there current address, I need to get some LED lights installed on my Swift. Do they sell it as well?
Old 30th August 2016, 20:59   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Can anybody post there current address, I need to get some LED lights installed on my Swift. Do they sell it as well?
https://goo.gl/maps/nbGZkYMQWjw

Have not been to the shop lately.
I think they sell the pre-modded lights as well, for swift. There is one modded swift with him or his brother. You are going to love it.
Ashir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 13:40   #27
BHPian

Got some work done at Retro Rides. Experience has been good. Dikshit himself was not available as he was travelling but his staff handled it really well .They were not pushy. Alignment has gone out so I have to visit them again but they are supportive and I am not able to find time :(

I got bhpian Ashir's lights fitted on my Ertiga. Really satisfied with the product as well.
RoadGlide is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:57   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Do they retrofit projectors for bikes as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks