Team-BHP - Batra Auto Spares (Ashram, New Delhi)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Delhi NCR (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/)
-   -   Batra Auto Spares (Ashram, New Delhi) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/87425-batra-auto-spares-ashram-new-delhi.html)

There was a time when I used to potter around in a Daewoo. Long after Daewoo committed Korean hara-kiri. Spares were a major problem. OK, the driving pleasure made up for it, so it was a 'non-major, non minor' problem. I could live with that, and I did too, thanks to this small store.

Bottomline: Stocks spare parts that are otherwise hard to find. from lubricants to carburetters, wipers, door handles... you'll find it all here. Daewoo, FIAT, TOYOTA, SKODA, BMW.. and everyone else is accounted for.

Location: 'AT' the ashram crossing. Take the left when coming on to the crossing from Friends Colony/ Faridabad. The shop is at the apex on your left.

Pricing: Spot On. Can't Complain, EVER!

What else?: A host of mechanics' and denters' shops have sprung up in the vicinity. Most are honest, and know their work.

Mondays Off.

I absolutely agree with what you said. My experience with Batra has also been the same.

Any particular mechanic there that does work on your car?

I have used them as well. Pricing spot on & wide varity available.

thanks for the tip, can you provide wikimapia link ? or through Google maps.

Oi,
Does he do stereo installs????
If so, then it'll be awesome.He's quite close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2044530)
Oi,
Does he do stereo installs????
If so, then it'll be awesome.He's quite close.

Oi!
You reminded me of another thread I'm going to start. Watch this space (but take one step back).

I think I made a mistake with the "Mondays Off". It could be tuesdays that they remain closed.

I'll have to double check.

Mr. Narayan aka 'Narayanji' is a denter, an old hand, who has a shed in the gully by the side of Batra's. His work is decent, even if he lets his proteges work on your car. VFM.

wikimapia link

The 'shed' also has some beauties that qualify for the "Rust In Pieces" thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by godog (Post 2050539)
Oi!
You reminded me of another thread I'm going to start. Watch this space (but take one step back).

I think I made a mistake with the "Mondays Off". It could be tuesdays that they remain closed.

I'll have to double check.

hmm?
what, boss?

by the by, i have not been able to spot batra's so far.

although i do know a fantastic guy behind agarwal sweets to carry out dent removals(not painting, though)

and hey, hello rammstein bhakt....

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2050595)
hmm?
what, boss?

by the by, i have not been able to spot batra's so far.

although i do know a fantastic guy behind agarwal sweets to carry out dent removals(not painting, though)

and hey, hello rammstein bhakt....

See the wiki link a post above.:thumbs up

Also, I did not mean that 'Narayanji' owns the place he works at. He may pwn it :P ... jk!

Hi Godog, thanks for the link, but can you please zoom it further and add the place on the site. It will be easier to spot the shop and pinpointed direction will help.

Thanks in advance.

What varities are available there? Do they keep orginal spare parts for Tata Cars as well?

You could call him here:
26834477‎,64710221, 64742737,9999634477
@godog: By any chance, is batra's located near the "pachranga achaar" shops?
or is it in the complex(on the opposite side of the ring road) where we have the banks and liquor vend?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2051379)
You could call him here:
26834477‎,64710221, 64742737,9999634477
@godog: By any chance, is batra's located near the "pachranga achaar" shops?
or is it in the complex(on the opposite side of the ring road) where we have the banks and liquor vend?

You got that one right, mayankk! Batra's is on the "Pachranga Achaar" side.

Ima try and edit the wiki thing....

edit: maybe click a pic tomorrow too...

wikimapia link # 2

I can't edit the map because I'm not registered; that's what wiki said.

Mr. Batra@Ashram has an elder brother who runs Batra@East Of Kailash (EoK).

I've purchased stuff from Batra@EoK and found his prices hard to beat. I recently also purchased hardware from Batra@Ashram and found his prices a bit more than his elder bro's.

A comparison (final price quotes, non-negotiable, at least for me):
1. Castrol Magnatec 3.5L: Batra@EoK = 1030. Batra@Ashram = 1080
2. Suspension assembly for Maruti (Rane): EoK = 1100. Ashram = 1260
3. Gabriel dampers x2: EoK = 3100. Ashram = 3200

The difference is insignificant, but if one plans to purchase hardware worth, say, 20k then (s)he may end up saving one 500 note by going to EoK. Distance between them shouldn't be more than 4 Km.

Batra@Ashram seems to have much more variety compared to EoK though. I didn't find Petronas motor oil@EoK but it was moving fast@Ashram.