Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2013, 08:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Bodywork & Painting - KJ Antony Automobiles (Delhi)

Time to update my review.

Sorry to bump in late but I have to post it in the thread. Their color matching skills are pathetic! My ride is a Carbon Bronze Civic and had visited KJA in 2011 for front fender/both bumpers paint job. They asked me to leave the car for 5 days, got it done in 5 days but the color goof up was very obvious. I told Augustine about it and he repeated tried to convince me that the color match was perfect! I mean come on... if a customer can see the difference (which was very obvious, not psychological, believe me), anyone can spot it! But the darn guy took 2 hours to get convinced and had to repaint the piece!

To cut to the chase, here is my rating for him (higher the better)...

1) Communication: 4/5 - the guy is a smooth talker and will make you feel supremacy of his work through this words.
2) Paint Job: 3/5 - Average I guess, finished product is good, but what about color mismatch!!! If a painter can't match the color, his work can not get beyond average ratings IMHO.
3) Cleanliness of the premises: 3/5 - Like so many of them, he gets cars painted in the open. So, dust and wind blown sprays droplets on newly finished car panel are a given.
4) Price: 2/5 - What you pay is definitely on higher side IMO. And this is not the case of 'what you pay is what you get!'

To be really honest, this "DuPont/3M products" euphoria is becoming too common to hear now a days! Every painter tells you this is what he is using, unless you are going to get the whole freakin' car done in INR 10K!!! I mean, if that's the case, you better get worried! Competition has caught up and there are better places for Paint Jobs in Delhi! The one that Honda Monk has posted, is one of the good ones. I haven't been to KJA after that initial hiccup.

My 2 cents...

Last edited by Ace F355 : 9th April 2013 at 08:38.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 21:27   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
But will get it done from him sooner or later. Full on VFM.

He is located in Janak puri, A-1.
Details please.

My swift exteriors need some desperate attention.
Old 4th August 2013, 23:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Details please.

My swift exteriors need some desperate attention.
I'll pm you the number, he is in asalat pur market in janak puri. Just next to A-2, DDA market.

Try going in a weekday, preferably morning, then he'll give you car back by evening. On sunday, he have a lot cars lined up.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 16:43   #34
Senior - BHPian

Dear All, Today was the worst morning for me as both my cars Honda City and Esteem were badly scratched on front right fenders. Esteem was taken to office by dad so would repair it at A.S.C in Noida on weekend but what caught my eye was the sub-standard paint job carried out at KJ Anthony shop at Kailash colony Delhi in November end as ELFY solvent fell on it. I got the right front fender and left front fender painted at their shop but the color done by them was not acceptable to me and this was informed by me to the guy Mr. Augustine that very day. He got the same done again with same color difference and made me fool. Now today when I took my car for repairing the worker checked and tried scraping the color which came off like we sharp a pencil from sharpner (pics attached) I am totally annoyed by the unprofessional attitude and workman ship at this place. Its a big ZERO in all terms for me. Even after paying him INR 2000/- what I got was this crap. I trusted this fellow with my dear car and he totally turned out as a unprofessional. I would not recommend anyone from my end to use this facility ever.

thanks

AD
Attached Thumbnails
Car Bodywork & Painting - KJ Antony Automobiles (Delhi)-photo0444.jpg  

Car Bodywork & Painting - KJ Antony Automobiles (Delhi)-photo0446.jpg  

ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed