Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2014, 13:20   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Suresh told me...
My advise to Manjit Singh was that although his intentions are good, he has to take responsibility for the jobs done at his workshop. He cannot pass the blame to his workers. He needs to get more pro-active in supervision and doing things himself and not leave everything to his workers.
Hi Styler, I finally heard the unfortunate story of the reason behind your poor experience with the workshop. At the time you had gone there, Manjeet had been having a poor relationship with Suresh, his partner and main worker. He has had to kick Suresh out of the partnership as a result of multiple such complaints of shoddy workmanship, and his current main worker (not partner) is a guy called Ravinder.

I was not confident of Ravinder in the beginning when he started work on my Scorpio yesterday...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Time to visit my trusted AC-wala - except that he wasn't open most of last week due to Diwali. Finally, both of us found time yesterday.
And all is well by about 8 pm - roughly 8-and-a-half hours after work began.
...so I got Manjeet to do most of the work with his own hands. However, I realized that Ravinder knows his work quite well too, though he is a little prone to cutting corners - an wires - at times. I stopped him from snipping an earth wire just in time, and he received a major firing from both me as well as Manjeet. Once we were on the same plane and he understood how I wanted my work done, I found him to be remarkably careful and meticulous. I am sure it helped that both Manjeet and I supervised the process more closely than anyone else usually does.

For future visitors: Never mind how they handle taxis etc., but do tell Manjeet that you found him through this thread on Team-BHP, and your work would get priority as well as full care. We have had a long talk on this yesterday, and I trust Manjeet will keep his promise of quality henceforth.

Edit:
CAUTION: Suresh's phone number - 9810527740 - appears in the signboard on post #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
[center]Attachment 1057233
Here's the full postal address on the signboard!
Suresh is no longer associated with this workshop, but freelancing elsewhere; he has tried to take away business from Manjeet and intentionally carried out poor quality work on multiple customers' cars, trying to malign Manjeet's reputation after their breakup as partners.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 29th October 2014 at 13:36.
Old 14th January 2015, 21:01   #32
BHPian

Finally got the time and took my i10 to Cooldays. My AC conked off last month. Also the temperature control knob broke few months ago and it was a pain to shift from cold to hot and vice versa.

Went to the Hyundai service and got the shock of my life. The whole HVAC panel had to be changed and it costs around 4k. And as the AC was not working they suspected to be a leakage in the system. Total quote was for 11k and mind you this didn't include the full air conditioning service. From the past 3 years, the service station was making a fool of me that the AC is checked at every service interval. I am happy I chucked them and trusted the FNG ( imtiaz and ayub , courtesy Teambhp and SS traveller ).

The same day found Manjeet from Cooldays here on Tbhp. Gave him a call but unfortunately his guy was not available and would come back only new years. So finally fixed a time for today. Finding the way to the workshop was pretty easy.

Manjeet is such a well and soft spoken man. He was constantly in touch with me since 26th Dec 2014. I reached his place and started explaining the problem to one of his guy. Spoke to Manjeet as he was on the way and finally decided to wash the condensor, radiator. And also topped up the oil of the compressor. All of this with the filling of R134a gas.

Work was done perfectly and everything was explained to me in detail specially by Manjeet and his guys. They were very careful with all the nuts and bolts and kept the front bumper safely inside the shop.

Special mention to one of manjeet's guys. His name is ravinder. He told me to adjust the temperature without fiddling with the temp knob. The knob is attached to another knob beneath the steering wheel. Rotate it and you can adjust the temperature. One hell of a jugaad without any problems to the cooling system.

Total cost paid was Rs 2300 for the above job.

I would surely recommend this place to everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-img_20150114_124133989.jpg  

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 14th January 2015 at 21:06.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2015, 12:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I am looking for AC fan etc checkup as the AC of my santro stops cooling in bumper to bumper traffic (effect more noticed in the summer afternoon) . I literally sweat that time in the car. The AC however cools fine in the evening and at moving traffic.

Will these guys be able to sort this out?
Old 2nd May 2015, 12:14   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hi,

I am looking for AC fan etc checkup as the AC of my santro stops cooling in bumper to bumper traffic (effect more noticed in the summer afternoon) . I literally sweat that time in the car. The AC however cools fine in the evening and at moving traffic.

I am sure he will. But do call in and take an appointment because, this being peak season, he would be tied up with many cars and you might end up waiting for long in the heat.
Old 5th May 2015, 01:59   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

If your or anybody else's Car A.C. cools during early morning and late evening only, the most possible if not the exact reason is low refrigerant in the system.
Other reasons for low cooling can be choked Cooling Coil and Condenser, but if its able to cool perfectly during late evenings its the low pressure of gas.

I too had the same problem in my Santro Xing and topped it with R134a and its chilling in afternoon too.

In fact I filled the refrigerant myself as I already have the manifold gauge set and have a full step by step video of it which should be available in a couple of days.
Will post a thread soon on how to top up Freon on CAR HVAC.
ghpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 16:11   #36
BHPian

My Dzire - (6 yrs old, ran 70K km) had a cooling problem. MASS asked to replace compressor. Visited this place, Initially he said with detailed service problem would be fixed but in a while , after opening things, said that compressor does not pump well and will need to be changed. After lot of thought I agreed for it. He changed it (Dented me by 18K !!) but I don't see any remarkable improvement in cooling.

Will have to revisit him again and report here
Old 11th July 2015, 22:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Visited this guy last Saturday with 2 cars. My 2008 Verna and my friend's 2006 Honda City.

In my car the cooling was considerably reduced, while the blower was emitting a whistling sound. They diagnosed a leak in the piping, and an overall AC servicing was needed. Damage Rs 2300.

In my friend's car the air flow had completely stopped. They diagnosed it to be a fully choked cooling coil, and after a servicing the whole unit was fine. Damage Rs 2800.

I liked the professional attitude of this place. Manjeet was away that day, but he got 2 teams to work individually on the 2 cars. Just took 4 hours to get both cars back on track.

My car getting the treatment in below pic.

Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-img_20150704_114746.jpg

My friend's Honda City is in the background. In the foreground is a scorpio with a Tbhp sticker. Unfortunately the owner left the car and disappeared before I could chat with him.

Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-img_20150704_130711.jpg
predatorwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 11:48   #38
BHPian

Most trusted AC service centre(s) in Delhi NCR?

Hi, could anyone here guide me to the best and most trusted air-conditioning service centre in the Delhi NCR area? I'm seeking a transparent and experienced AC guy who can help diagnose my AC issue wisely. I own a Chevy Spark. Thanks.
Old 27th September 2015, 21:04   #39
BHPian

Re: Most trusted AC service centre(s) in Delhi NCR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by curios View Post
Hi, could anyone here guide me to the best and most trusted air-conditioning service centre in the Delhi NCR area? I'm seeking a transparent and experienced AC guy who can help diagnose my AC issue wisely. I own a Chevy Spark. Thanks.
Ganesh On Old Delhi Road, Gurgaon.
While on the old delhi road, search for Manyawar. He sits right outside manyawar.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 23:25   #40
BHPian

went today to get an overall servicing and gas charging for my i20 - I have been facing intermittent problems for the past 1 year and my gas had been completely discharged.
went with reference of @styler (whom he remembers very well and referred to the whole "suresh incident". I think it helped me by getting him to be extra careful).

Now, he gave me the choice of getting gas filled or opening up the dashboard and checking the coil inside - which would come to 7.5k net (if you need to get it changed). I asked him to check the coil once it is removed - but he said that if your gas has been discharged so much, so most likely it needs to be changed.

the whole process of opening up was well managed - once the coil was out, we checked under the water and we found only one small leak. Manjeet said that the leak couldnt be repaired .. I'm not sure if that is true or not, since I did get my radiator welded for a leak by Manjeet himself.

total cost of radiator welding, change of coil, coolant and labor cost (3 people whole day) was 9K.
Old 2nd October 2015, 15:51   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post

My friend's Honda City is in the background. In the foreground is a scorpio with a Tbhp sticker. Unfortunately the owner left the car and disappeared before I could chat with him.

Attachment 1391071
Hi

I came to this thread after a long time.
That Scorpio is mine, and you must have heard the long story in this thread.
My compressor had failed on a interstate trip, and I got the Compressor replaced along with Condenser, Valve and Bottle.
It was a satisfactory Job.
Would have loved to speak to you guys.

Styler
Old 4th October 2015, 23:54   #42
BHPian

My trusty 2004 WagonR had been huffing and puffing under the sun quite a bit recently. Decided to pay Manjeet a visit couple weeks ago and got the full AC service done. While the coil wasn't in tip-top shape (11 yrs old), he advised to let it run since I told him I'd be selling this car in the short term.

It was a light day at work or maybe I reached early, but I got the car back in less than 2 hours. Good job done and the AC chills great now. Thanks SST for posting this and everyone else for keeping this thread updated with reviews.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 09:34   #43
BHPian

My 2009 Honda City Air flow direction knob has stopped working. When I check with my service adviser at HASS, he confirmed that whole panel need to be changed which will cost approx 7k-8k. Where as my logical analysis says that changing the air flow direction cable should work.

Can anyone please suggest good reliable car AC mechanic near by south delhi, where I can visit and get it checked.
Old 17th May 2016, 19:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

So I went to Cool Days yesterday, Manjeet was on leave but his boys were there. There wasnt any other car. So managed to get my car on priority.

The issue -
Insufficient cooling during hot Delhi afternoon
Big problem during bumper to bumper traffic as AC used to stop cooling due to clutch press and release (traffic condition)

The boys checked AC gas and mentioned that its half empty and needs a refill, along with service, radiator cleaning etc. Also there is a gas pipe which was rotating and hence had to be replaced as this was the reason for gas leakage.

I gave them go ahead, he had Cooler inside his shop ON and there was a TV to entertain the guests, though I was majorly outside with the boys.

Net effect, the air flow seems to have improved, but I am not sure of the cooling effect during bumper to bumper traffic for which Manjeet had a solution of having another fan specifically for AC. He asked me to visit him again and observe the car AC behavior meanwhile.

He also mentioned that May & June months heat is too much for the car to handle and it may not cool that effectively and if I need a good solution, he recommended 2nd fan.

Will check on this for a few days.

The charges were 2500 for ac, 750 for the pipe.

Manjeet was available on call throughout and was very helpful. I did mention him team-bhp during my first call.

Kudos to the person who has tagged his location in google maps as cool days. Landed at the exact location without asking anyone.

His exact location.

https://goo.gl/maps/LpC1Nb6XZ2t

Last edited by tanwaramit : 17th May 2016 at 19:57.
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 22:12   #45
BHPian

Good Evening guys,

I visited Mr. Manjeet regarding AC tripping problem in my 2005 Maruti Suzuki Zen. In addition to this, the cooling was not up to the satisfaction level. I called up in advance and fixed a prior appointment. Thanks to someone in the above posts for tagging ‘Cooldays’ in Google maps I had no problem reaching there.

Mr. Manjeet was waiting for me since I called him before starting and informed that I am coming and I want him to personally look after my car.

Issues Reported by me to Mr. Manjeet:

1. A/C Tripping problem.
2. Overheating of the car with A/C in use.
3. Ineffective Cooling of the air conditioner

As soon as I reached there, My Manjeet greeted me and within few minutes we started with the inspection of the car. As per his preliminary investigations, car is getting overheated and due to that the compressor was not turning on and hence no/ineffective cooling in the cockpit. He firstly checked all fluid levels (Engine oils, coolant level & purolator) and found that coolant turned to rust color from green. He then suggested that we need to get the AC radiator cleaned and flushed of the existing fluids and get the coolant replaced and to which I humbly agreed. The above activity took about 1.5 hours but the problem remained the same. Engine was still getting overheated and compressor just won’t kick in. Generally when an engine gets hot an engine valve opens and sucks coolant but the problem was the coolant was not getting absorbed by the engine because the level was the same. He then suggested that we have a look at the valve but we first have to cool the car down otherwise it will throw out coolant in pipes. So, after half an hour the valve was opened and to our surprise the valve was eaten by rust and completely stuck hence no engine coolant was entering the engine. Mr. Manjeet suggested that we should remove the valve and let the coolant flows as soon as the car is started, by doing this engine will run relatively cooler. I agreed to it. Now after doing all of this we tested the car for 20-30 minutes and there was no tripping observed. So that took care of the A/C tripping problem & overheating problem.

Regarding ineffective cooling, upon inspection of the A/C gas,, it was found that the A/C was critically low so I requested Mr. Manjeet to fill it up and the problem was completely resolved.

Total Cost:
2 bottles of Castrol coolant: 750/-
Topping up of the A/C gas: 1200/-
Labor: 300/-

Total: 2250/-

I would highly recommend this place for issues related to A/C. I would also like to add please do take prior appointment from Mr. Manjeet and request him to look after your car and not his minions.

drive_angry
drive_angry is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks