Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Old 18th August 2019, 12:15   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
So finally I got the coil removed and it was just the most minute of the faults. After the winding of the copper coil, there is a small thin bridge to complete the circuit which is a very thin strand of wire. Due to use and the heat generated this bridge had broken. The bridge was soldered back on with a copper wire this time and the coil refitted. The AC is back to normal now. There was nothing complicated in either removing the coil or repairing it. Infact, the guy did not even remove the alternator from the vehicle. The total cost came to INR 1500.

Great to know that the issue is fixed. I suppose you meant the "remove compressor" and not "remove the alternator". So you mean that the Compressor was not even removed so they had to not even refill gas ?

BTW did you take any pictures of the compressor label. Is it the same VALEO or some other one ?
Styler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2019, 13:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Great to know that the issue is fixed. I suppose you meant the "remove compressor" and not "remove the alternator". So you mean that the Compressor was not even removed so they had to not even refill gas ?

BTW did you take any pictures of the compressor label. Is it the same VALEO or some other one ?
Yes, i Meant the compressor only, sorry for the typo. It was Valeo only and yes since the compressor was not removed so there was no need to refill the gas. Plus, there were a couple of other Maruti Alternators there and they were all Valeo only.

No I could not take the picture of the label as it was raining but the mechanic loosening the bolts from underneath confirmed that it was Valeo only.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 18th August 2019 at 13:34.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 07:58   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Hi

It has been over an year and the AC is working well. It has run all through this summer season without any issues.
But remember I was told in Advance that there is a risk of damaging the Compressor in the process of repair. Luckily for me it worked well, for Prateek in Delhi who also went to Manjit with the same problem the compressor failed totally. It had to be replaced.

Styler

I also had my compressor replaced from Manjit for my GV. First they tried to repair the magnetic clutch, but after a couple of days, the Compressor refused to turn on. Further investigation showed that while the clutch was working, the compressor had gone.

Got a replacement compressor through Manjit.

Overall a good experience.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote