Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2019, 12:15   #61
BHPian

Re: Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
So finally I got the coil removed and it was just the most minute of the faults. After the winding of the copper coil, there is a small thin bridge to complete the circuit which is a very thin strand of wire. Due to use and the heat generated this bridge had broken. The bridge was soldered back on with a copper wire this time and the coil refitted. The AC is back to normal now. There was nothing complicated in either removing the coil or repairing it. Infact, the guy did not even remove the alternator from the vehicle. The total cost came to INR 1500.

Great to know that the issue is fixed. I suppose you meant the "remove compressor" and not "remove the alternator". So you mean that the Compressor was not even removed so they had to not even refill gas ?

BTW did you take any pictures of the compressor label. Is it the same VALEO or some other one ?
Old 18th August 2019, 13:33   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Great to know that the issue is fixed. I suppose you meant the "remove compressor" and not "remove the alternator". So you mean that the Compressor was not even removed so they had to not even refill gas ?

BTW did you take any pictures of the compressor label. Is it the same VALEO or some other one ?
Yes, i Meant the compressor only, sorry for the typo. It was Valeo only and yes since the compressor was not removed so there was no need to refill the gas. Plus, there were a couple of other Maruti Alternators there and they were all Valeo only.

No I could not take the picture of the label as it was raining but the mechanic loosening the bolts from underneath confirmed that it was Valeo only.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 18th August 2019 at 13:34.
Old 24th August 2019, 07:58   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
Hi

It has been over an year and the AC is working well. It has run all through this summer season without any issues.
But remember I was told in Advance that there is a risk of damaging the Compressor in the process of repair. Luckily for me it worked well, for Prateek in Delhi who also went to Manjit with the same problem the compressor failed totally. It had to be replaced.

Styler

I also had my compressor replaced from Manjit for my GV. First they tried to repair the magnetic clutch, but after a couple of days, the Compressor refused to turn on. Further investigation showed that while the clutch was working, the compressor had gone.

Got a replacement compressor through Manjit.

Overall a good experience.
prateekswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 21:34   #64
BHPian

Hi, I am looking to get my AC serviced, basic AC filter cleaning and topping off the gas. Most reviews here are for compressor replacement or other complex problems, would this be a good place for general AC service or are other places recommended? Thanks.
Old 14th March 2020, 08:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Hi, I am looking to get my AC serviced, basic AC filter cleaning and topping off the gas. Most reviews here are for compressor replacement or other complex problems, would this be a good place for general AC service or are other places recommended? Thanks.
If you haven't found out a place as yet, by all means go. This place is very good for basic AC servicing.
Old 15th March 2020, 08:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

I had a positive experience at Cooldays last weekend.

I went to Manjeet last Sunday to get my AC serviced. My AC had been suffering from gas leakage issues for the past 2-3 years. Every time I got the gas recharged it would last for 6-7 months only. With the impending Delhi summers, I wanted to fix this issue and took my 9 year old i20 (with ACC) to Manjeet.

He is a very nice and polite gentleman. I spoke to him over phone on Saturday evening and fixed an appointment. He hadn't reached the shop when I arrived at around 10:30 (Sunday morning). His boys opened up the hood and checked everything. They suggested a cooling coil replacement. I spoke to Manjeet over phone and he gave me a quote for the replacement. He mentioned that they would need to take the entire dashboard out for this and would take approximately 4 hours to complete the entire job. It would also include an overall servicing with condenser cleaning and gas recharge, et al.

I gave them a go ahead. In about an hour he reached the shop and explained to me a lot of things. The job was done within 3 hours. A summary of the job:

Work done: AC cooling coil replacement and AC servicing
Time taken: 3 hours
Amount paid: INR 5,800

Positives: Manjeet. You have to deal with him and not with his 'boys'. Although it is just my first experience but he seemed like a nice no nonsense guy.

Negatives 1. The place. The working area was particularly dirty and I think it rained the previous day making things worse.

2. His boys. Nothing particular about them; its just that one of them kept telling me how i20 compressors conk off after 55k kms (mine is at 66k) and how I should be prepared to spend another INR 20-25k soon. Maybe they were just doing their job, not sure. Still, I would suggest, deal with Manjeet directly.

EDIT: Manjeet also asked me to keep an eye on the coolant level as this replacement may lead to some depletion.

Finally, the AC is working fine and I am ready for Delhi summers.
Some pictures from the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20200315-8.47.44-am.jpeg  

Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20200315-8.47.47-am.jpeg  

Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20200315-8.47.46-am.jpeg  

Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-whatsapp-image-20200315-8.47.48-am.jpeg  

Last edited by Pancham : 15th March 2020 at 08:58.
Pancham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2020, 14:32   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I had a positive experience at Cooldays last weekend.

I went to Manjeet last Sunday to get my AC serviced. My AC had been suffering from gas leakage issues for the past 2-3 years. Every time I got the gas recharged it would last for 6-7 months only. With the impending Delhi summers, I wanted to fix this issue and took my 9 year old i20 (with ACC) to Manjeet.
Thank you for the elaborate post. I also had a good experience with Manjeet the other day. I went to get the AC of my Grand i10 serviced for the summer.

Manjeet personally oversaw and took charge of the job. He spoke very fondly of team BHP members and how you could always find one at his shop during the summers.

He cleaned the condenser/radiator, air filter and topped off the gas. He further made some tweaks in the temperature knob since mine isn't properly working. He charged Rs.1,000/- for the whole job. Which I think is very reasonable given that he opened the bumper, etc.

Although, he did tell me that my compressor was making some whirring noise and it might have to be replaced soon. He said it might make not make it through the summer. He quoted 20k for the compressor and the condenser. I am hoping there can be another solution for this.

I have to go back to him in September to get this part replaced - https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-door...ature-6661008/
For this the whole dashboard has to be opened the same way as yours, so I'll probably get the cooling coil changed along with it. Very frustrating that Hyundai decided to place it behind the dashboard.

Further, can you give a break up of the cost? I am particularly interested in the price of the cooling coil. Did he do a clean job in assembling the dashboard back? I hope no spare nuts and bolts were left behind :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
If you haven't found out a place as yet, by all means go. This place is very good for basic AC servicing.
Your vote of confidence means a lot. I had a good experience there.

Last edited by sibot : 15th March 2020 at 14:34.
Old 16th March 2020, 15:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post

He cleaned the condenser/radiator, air filter and topped off the gas. He further made some tweaks in the temperature knob since mine isn't properly working. He charged Rs.1,000/- for the whole job. Which I think is very reasonable given that he opened the bumper, etc.

Further, can you give a break up of the cost? I am particularly interested in the price of the cooling coil. Did he do a clean job in assembling the dashboard back? I hope no spare nuts and bolts were left behind :P
I was actually worried about them putting the entire dashboard back properly. They did a decent job BUT:

1. I found one screw in the backseat of the car. When I showed it to them they were clueless and said they have already fixed a replacement screw in place of the one I found

2. The interiors got very very very dirty. There were finger prints all over the beige plastic parts. So after the job you might have to get an interior detailing done.

He had quoted 1800 for the AC servicing. So 1000 is definitely a good price you got. But then again he had initially quoted 1200 for servicing and I think 1800 was with the cooling coil check (from outside without opening the dash). I have completely mixed up the numbers there.

Overall, including all of this (and Cooling coil) he charged me INR 5,800. When he had initially quoted me the price he had said the price will include the AC servicing as well.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Pancham : 16th March 2020 at 15:22.
Pancham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 15:40   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Rs.5800 for evaporator (cooling coil) replacement is great value; I know the effort involved in taking the dash apart and re-assembling it.

On the upholstery getting dirty, it is good to preserve the plastic covers that come with the car which can be used to prevent the seats from getting soiled during such jobs.

In earlier days with the 1000s, Zens, Esteems, we could remove the evaporator unit without opening the dash up, even though these were HVAC systems.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2020, 10:13   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
He had quoted 1800 for the AC servicing. So 1000 is definitely a good price you got. But then again he had initially quoted 1200 for servicing and I think 1800 was with the cooling coil check (from outside without opening the dash). I have completely mixed up the numbers there.

Overall, including all of this (and Cooling coil) he charged me INR 5,800. When he had initially quoted me the price he had said the price will include the AC servicing as well.

Hope this helps.
The pricing is very good. The same thing cost me approx 9k at HASS last year.

The heater core developed a leak and the coolant leaked onto the driver side floor mat. So , at the time of replacing the heater core, changed the evaporator coil as well since it was 9 years old and i did not want to open the dashboard again for replacing the coil .
Old 24th June 2020, 00:43   #71
BHPian

My Elite i20's Compressor Sensor/Compressor Valve had conked off, which made it a nightmare to drive in the scorching Delhi heat. Upon taking the car to Koncept Hyundai, Okhla, I was quoted 6k including labour plus GST. Moreover, I was told that replacing the sensor MAY or MAY NOT work, and in case the new sensor doesn't make the compressor work, my car will need a new Compressor. They gave me a rough estimate of around 25k since my car is out of warranty.

Consulted some friendly BHPians and took my car to this place the very next day. The owner, who is an Ex-Subros employee was courteous enough to understand the issue, and in fact, did the proper diagnosis even though we knew where the problem lies.

Diagnosis done, I was told the same thing, that replacing the sensor MAY work, or MAY NOT. However, the guy working on my car, Anwar, was confident that the new sensor will work in my car. Turns out, Anwar was previously employed with a Hyundai workshop and had a vast experience of dealing with Hyundai's. Got the original MOBIS labelled sensor, and within the next 15 minutes, my car's AC was working like new.

Ended up paying INR 3800, which included the cost of a new sensor, labour, and the cabin filter. From 6k plus GST to 25k to 3800, I felt relieved and happy. All in all, a pretty good and satisfying experience with them.

Things I liked:
-> Courteous nature, of both the owner and technician
-> Availability of genuine MOBIS parts (both the sensor and cabin filter)
-> Extremely VFM

Things I didn't like:

-> Location. The shop/setup is in a very tight street!

Do I recommend this place? Hell Yes! In fact, I have even recommended this to another Hyundai owner. I even plan to get my Ciaz’s AC serviced from here only on this weekend.
Utsav3010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 14:23   #72
BHPian

These guys do the job well for car air-cons.

Got service and repairs done in three of my cars.

Very satisfactory results and reasonable prices.

Highly recommended !
MAG9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 21:21   #73
BHPian

My car AC seemed unable to cope with the hot summer temperatures and so I had decided to show it to the local AC garage, recommended to me by another friendly neighbourhood garage(non-ac). I went there and told them very clearly that I was not looking for any expensive repairs for a nearly 10-year old car, after quoting the name of the well-known person who recommended them. They quoted Rs 20,000, and said otherwise there will be no improvement in the AC.

I came across this thread and decided to go there. Manjeet is down-to-earth and tells you the exact solution the way you want it. In fact he prefers a low cost repair himself because that is what everyone wants - low cost repair with a good well-cooling AC in the summer, and not a complete change of the AC setup in your car!

The first time I went there he had got the work done in just about one hour and I enjoyed chilled AC throughout 2 summers. The charge was not even 10% of what my locally recommended AC garage had quoted me. The work was done very professionally and everything was explained while it was being done.

Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-cooldays.jpg

I went there again last week. The premises has shifted now and is very near Elegant Car Accessories in Lajpat Nagar, very close to the main road that goes to Moolchand Flyover. All you have to do is call him and he will send you the location pin. He does small and big cars and he told me now also has additional provision for larger amounts of work like complete overhauls for big vehicles in another area which is well-equipped for extensive AC repairs.

This is an excellent recommendation for AC work for anyone in NCR. When it comes to AC repair there are very few garages that you can go to, and the company service centres are exorbitant.
Tarrodie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 17:00   #74
BHPian

Does he also use temperature gauzes etc. to check the cooled air temperature etc. ? My 52k kms ran grand i10 has started cooling a little less effectively so wanted to finally get gas levels, cooling power etc checked and quantified as its not been done yet so far.

Most Viewed