Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2011, 22:17   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)

Work handled:
  • Servicing and repair of car air-conditioning systems & installation of new AC in non-AC vehicles. Also installation of ceiling-mounted rear air-conditioning units in SUVs like the Innova & Scorpio.
What I like:
  • Good, clean work, without cutting corners
  • Uses nitrogen to flush condensers & cooling coils, rather than compressed air, as seen at other AC service centres
  • The owner, Manjeet Singh, is trained at Subros, and comes with excellent recommendations from senior Subros executives
  • Located in the heart of a market that makes all required spare parts available in a short time
  • Friendly attitude
  • Delivery of car within promised time limit
What I don't like:
  • Difficult access to shop through narrow, overcrowded lanes
  • (What you may not like): Not a swank, well-decorated shop. He has recently moved to the current location, and works out of a small shop without any comforts
Pricing:
  • Slightly (10%) more expensive than others for routine work, but the effort and expertise are well worth the extra money.
Speciality / USP:
  • Servicing & repair of HVAC & ACC of all cars, Indian or imported
What I have used his services for:
  • Repair and service of my Swift ZXi ACC system last week
  • Repair and service of the HVAC systems of my Accent, Zen & Indica over the last 8 years
Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Manjeet Singh
- Phone numbers: 9810470014
- Postal Address: Krishna Market, Lajpat Nagar - I, New Delhi.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Ask for directions to Krishna Market, then call him for exact location.
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:
Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-cooldays-car-ac-location.jpg

Manjeet Singh in his shop
Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-cooldays-car-ac-manjeet.jpg

The shop
Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-cooldays-shop.jpg

Work in progress on my car
Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-my-cooling-coil-before-service.jpg

Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-wip-my-swift.jpg
SS-Traveller is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 19:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)

Good review mate. Well structured and informative. What are his charges for normal AC servicing?
We have usually been getting it done from the A.S.S. but this seems worth a try.
Old 12th June 2011, 16:59   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Work handled:
  • Servicing and repair of car air-conditioning systems & installation of new AC in non-AC vehicles. Also installation of ceiling-mounted rear air-conditioning units in SUVs like the Innova & Scorpio.
What I like:
  • Uses nitrogen to flush condensers & cooling coils, rather than compressed air, as seen at other AC service centres
  • The owner, Manjeet Singh, is trained at Subros, and comes with excellent recommendations from senior Subros executives
  • Located in the heart of a market that makes all required spare parts available in a short time
  • Friendly attitude
What I don't like:
  • (What you may not like): Not a swank, well-decorated shop. He has recently moved to the current location, and works out of a small shop without any comforts
Pricing:
  • Slightly (10%) more expensive than others for routine work, but the effort and expertise are well worth the extra money.
Speciality / USP:
  • Repair and service of the HVAC systems of my Accent, Zen & Indica over the last 8 years
Contact Information

- Helpful landmarks / directions: Ask for directions to Krishna Market, then call him for exact location.
- Email / Website : N/A
- GoogleMap:
Attachment 497034

Manjeet Singh in his shop
Attachment 497035

The shop
Attachment 497037

Work in progress on my car
Attachment 497052

Attachment 497039
Thanks for taking the time out and giving out this informative report. Looks like I'll be heading there with my old accent. Also, same question as previous post. What are the charges for a full AC service?

My accent's blowing luke warm air on hot days, and mildly cold air in the mornings when its pleasant outside. Definitely needs a service. Way too many "AC service" symptoms.
Old 6th October 2011, 19:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Work handled:
What I like:
  • Friendly attitude
What I don't like:
Pricing:
Speciality / USP:
Contact Information

Would he be able to fix AC of Ford Fiesta? I have had trouble with other workshops as they say they can't fix AC (or for that matter any other problem) for Ford. The issue is that AC had stoped cooling and i was told by Ford *** that the coil has conked off and hence gas leaked, so now they would need to take the entire Dashboard out and replace the coil which will cost me around 10K
Please advice if he can work on ford cars else i would have no other option but to go to Ford only.

Last edited by nitinralli : 6th October 2011 at 19:33.
Old 7th October 2011, 10:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Would he be able to fix AC of Ford Fiesta? I have had trouble with other workshops as they say they can't fix AC (or for that matter any other problem) for Ford. The issue is that AC had stoped cooling and i was told by Ford *** that the coil has conked off and hence gas leaked, so now they would need to take the entire Dashboard out and replace the coil which will cost me around 10K
Please advice if he can work on ford cars else i would have no other option but to go to Ford only.
Though I have no experience of the Cooldays CAR AC but I am sure some Independent AC expert can take care of Ford's AC. I am getting my ikon's AC serviced at Independent FNG in Chandigarh from ages.

I would also suggest to check with other FORD dealers for the cooling coil pricing. I got a quote of 4.5K for ikon 1.6's cooling coil replacement from Ahmedabad ford dealer, however it is another matter that Ford A.S.S. was quoting 4.5K for AC servicing and gas replacement.

The quote for 10K is from which Ford dealer's A.S.S. in Delhi ?
Old 7th October 2011, 18:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Though I have no experience of the Cooldays CAR AC but I am sure some Independent AC expert can take care of Ford's AC. I am getting my ikon's AC serviced at Independent FNG in Chandigarh from ages.

I would also suggest to check with other FORD dealers for the cooling coil pricing. I got a quote of 4.5K for ikon 1.6's cooling coil replacement from Ahmedabad ford dealer, however it is another matter that Ford A.S.S. was quoting 4.5K for AC servicing and gas replacement.

The quote for 10K is from which Ford dealer's A.S.S. in Delhi ?
Its from Delhi Ford in Vasant kunj. SA said that the labour only cost 3-4K hence the quoted price of 10K including everything. So i guess the coil itself might cost around 4-5K and rest would be labor taxes etc making it 10K.
Old 8th October 2011, 00:11   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli

Would he be able to fix AC of Ford Fiesta?
Why don't you call him and find out?
Old 13th July 2012, 02:13   #8
lsp
BHPian

Thanks to SS da for sharing the contact. This is gonna be long.

My '05 Santro's AC was acting up in the Delhi summer heat. Few weeks ago, I blew 3 AC fuses in a single day. Actually the heat was too much and I didn't want to drive without AC, so just kept changing them and driving on.

Showed the car to AC guy in Palika bhawan, who advised to do nothing as everything was alright. I continued like that and for 2 weeks nothing significant happened.

On 3rd Jul, people blocked the highway in Gurgaon to protest against no electrivity & water in the region (Yeah .... we block roads for everything in NCR. Water / Electricity / Quota for OBC / et al. Why should only a select few suffer when the discomfort can be extended to a lot more!!). Car was stuck in a jam for a long time, more than 90 mins. Suddenly AC goes kaput. Drenched in sweat I reached office. Changed the fuse in the parking lot later but the compressor did not budge. Sensed big had gone wrong. Left for home pretty late to avoid the heat wave.

Anyways reached Manjeet Singh Place at 11. I was the first guy there. He wasnt there so the senior (ustaad) guy Suresh did some check and proclaimed the compressor coil to be 'shot'. Asked me to speak to sardarji for the cost work. I was given an estimate of cost and time. I also gave SSda's ref to him.

Compressor Coil 750
Oil 250
AC service 1800
Labor 350

Total 3150. Time - 4 hours.
Work started and continued on it's own pace. I wasnt very happy that whenever a new vehicle came, everyone's attention was on the new vehicle. While I was there a Safari, a Honda city and a Tavera came in.

At exactly 3 pm I left the place. Paid Rs 3000/- overall. Initially the AC was not kicking in at idle and I had to press the accelerator after which it ran. Manjeet Singh asked me to get the RPM set, basically get it increased a little, which I did the next day. No issues since and the AC is a chiller. The rains in delhi have also contributed to this. So much so, that now I have to regularly switch it off in between to stay comfortable.

Met a BHPian marriedtospeed at the shop. He saw the couple of stickers on my ride and asked me if I was a T-BHPian. He admittedly hasn't been very active on the forum. Overall very satisfied with his work.

Would I recommend this shop? Yes
Directions - Near Krishna market gurudwara.
Misc - The time taken may be more than you expect.
ATMs- Couple of ATMs in the vicinity (PNB, AXIS).

Foodie tip - While the car is in the shop ask around for Anandji Chole Bhature (Shop No - 37, Krishna Market, Lajpat Nagar I, ). Much better IMHO than the grossly overrated Nagpal in Amar Colony.

Last edited by lsp : 13th July 2012 at 02:16.
lsp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 07:02   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

He appears to be one from the old school who still uses the ac pressure gauge set and a separate vac. pump rather than the hi-fi "Robinair" gas recovery and recharging equipment.

Based on the recos for him , it just goes to prove one thing - don't go by how the shop looks , go by the person's expertise.
Old 1st March 2013, 23:31   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Car Air-conditioning - Cooldays Car AC (Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi)-cooldays.jpg

Here's the full postal address on the signboard!

My Swift's AC compressor (Behr) had been making a weird 'krrrrrrrrrr' sound on idling (sound goes away once the revs rise) last summer, but since the cooling was fine, I had let it be. With the onset of warmer weather in Delhi this year, I thought it prudent to have it checked out with Manjeet today.

Unfortunately, this seems to be an irreparable issue with the particular model of compressor that came OE with my car, and I have to either live with it or replace the compressor. On Manjeet's advice, I've decided to live with the sound till the compressor stops working, since AC compressors are expensive (about Rs.12,000, was his estimate).

Just because I was there, he checked cooling, belts & gas pressure (everything was fine), and had the AC condenser pressure-washed. Ready to face the Delhi summer!
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 22:11   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1057233

Here's the full postal address on the signboard!

My Swift's AC compressor (Behr) had been making a weird 'krrrrrrrrrr' sound on idling (sound goes away once the revs rise) last summer, but since the cooling was fine, I had let it be. With the onset of warmer weather in Delhi this year, I thought it prudent to have it checked out with Manjeet today.

Unfortunately, this seems to be an irreparable issue with the particular model of compressor that came OE with my car, and I have to either live with it or replace the compressor. On Manjeet's advice, I've decided to live with the sound till the compressor stops working, since AC compressors are expensive (about Rs.12,000, was his estimate).

Just because I was there, he checked cooling, belts & gas pressure (everything was fine), and had the AC condenser pressure-washed. Ready to face the Delhi summer!

After 6 years of excellent cooling, My swift's cooling has reduced drastically, and I have also heard this strange "krrrrrr" sound sometimes - and ignored it !
Now, when I showed the car to neighborhood guy for normal cleaning and servicing, I was told compressor has to be replaced
I'll head out to this guy to get the AC checked - how can I refer you on my visit ?! !
Old 24th June 2013, 22:25   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
After 6 years of excellent cooling, My swift's cooling has reduced drastically, and I have also heard this strange "krrrrrr" sound sometimes - and ignored it !
Now, when I showed the car to neighborhood guy for normal cleaning and servicing, I was told compressor has to be replaced
I'll head out to this guy to get the AC checked - how can I refer you on my visit ?! !
Oh, just tell him you are a member of Team-BHP, he'll know! And tell him that someone with a golden Swift making the same kind of noise sent you to him!

My Swift's compressor continues to make the noise, but cooling is absolutely fine till now. It's a Behr compressor, and it's more expensive (than a Subros). Ask him to replace with a Subros compressor in case replacement is absolutely required - he knows about how to use different mounting lugs to attach an Eeco/new model Swift compressor to the old Swift.
Old 30th July 2013, 11:44   #13
BHPian

An Update.

Got the the AC blower casing replaced and AC serviced on my old trusty Baleno. Charges Rs 2200. Work was done well and patiently. Manjeet and his Right hand man Suresh are the experts. the rest of the "chokras" are the usual boys and need to be watched when working on the car. For eg. one of them kept the opened dirty blower casing on the bonnet of the car which copuld have left scratches. I ordered him to remove it. The point is he was oblivious to the care of the car the way other two (Manjeet and Suresh) do. All in all good work and reasonable price. Recommended.
Old 28th March 2014, 12:48   #14
BHPian

Awesome Experience , i Recently Got My Alto's Ac Serviced From Him.

Excellent Results And Cost Is 2200 Instead Of 4800 Quoted By MASS !

Highly Recommended !
Old 31st March 2014, 09:41   #15
BHPian

The Air Conditioner on my 2007 Santro Xing is acting up. The airflow from the vents is fine but the air coming out is not cool, specially when the car is not moving which makes it difficult at redlights & in traffic jams.

Another thing that recently cropped up was that the vent knob doesn't come till the right most position which is the one for the main vents (on the face position). The knob works at all the levels/positions but doesn't go beyond the second last (feet+face vent) position.

Can someone suggest me a place near North/West Delhi (Pitampura) to get these problems rectified & a normal AC service.

PS: What are the charges for a routine/normal AC service here in Delhi ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks