Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 12:25   #46
BHPian

Re: ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
And about the relay, I asked the installer that there is a relay in the box and shouldn't you be installing that as well? And to my surprise he said it is not for modern cars as they have one built in.
I strongly suggest installation of relay.
Agreed than the modern cars with stock horns comes with relay pre-installed. But doing a little physics, you shall realize that the current drawn by most after market horns esp hella red grills and roots supersonic is not same as the stock horn.
For eg if you get your engine changed to something of higher performance, you need to (though not compulsorily) change the tyres and stock brakes setup. Giving an alibi that the car already comes shod with stock tyres and stock braking system is foolishness.
Ask the installer to properly install the relay (with a horn relay kit, yes! hella offers a horn relay kit just like headlamp relay kit!), you may need to spend couple of hundreds on that, but that all would be worth the efforts. And peace of mind: priceless!

Regards
Old 4th September 2013, 19:34   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post

I strongly suggest installation of relay.
Agreed than the modern cars with stock horns comes with relay pre-installed. But doing a little physics, you shall realize that the current drawn by most after market horns esp hella red grills and roots supersonic is not same as the stock horn.
For eg if you get your engine changed to something of higher performance, you need to (though not compulsorily) change the tyres and stock brakes setup. Giving an alibi that the car already comes shod with stock tyres and stock braking system is foolishness.
Ask the installer to properly install the relay (with a horn relay kit, yes! hella offers a horn relay kit just like headlamp relay kit!), you may need to spend couple of hundreds on that, but that all would be worth the efforts. And peace of mind: priceless!

Regards
Hey bro thanks for the advice!
Getting a relay installed and the contact points soldered instead of regular thimbles. Hope it solves the issue now!
Old 4th September 2013, 21:16   #48
BHPian

Just to add a point here, my car's upgraded horn is running on the stock relay harness which came with the car and its running for past more than 2.5 years with no issues. If the stock relay harness is good enough I dont see a reason to get it replaced with a new harness. if you feel there is an issue then certainly go ahead and change the relay.
Old 4th September 2013, 23:06   #49
BHPian

m sorted at last! (Touchwood!!)

took a little longer than anticipated but yeah got the contact points soldered and added a relay to be doubly sure this doesn't reoccur. Aman and Manmeet are helpful
white_vdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 22:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

My ICE setup was done at Motor Concepts over a total of 5 visits. First to discuss the planned setup, 2 to complete the setup, and 2 for final tuning. Here's the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...a-install.html

Very rarely do I review something with absolutely no negatives, and Motor Concept has won that accolade. Over the 20-odd hours I spent there, they impressed me with their knowledge, patience, customer friendly (no hard selling) attitude and overall commitment.

First the list of products I bought from them:

1. Audison LRx 4.1 4 channel amp
2. Rainbow Audio Soundline component speakers
3. Focal 4 gauge wiring kit
4. Lots of damping (10 sheets, a mixture of Dampmat and Stinger Roadkill Expert).
5. Waterguard

Now a few specific instances:

1. Hear what the customer has to say -On the first meeting (Thursday), Aman gave my planned setup a thorough listen. He was the first to encourage my idea of retaining the stock Verna HU (Kenwood DPX MP4070), agreeing that I could get used to the upgrade in stock sound and think of an upgrade later.

2. Sample before selling - I was having a tough time deciding between 2 component sets in the 20K price-bracket. The first was the Rainbow Soundline SL-C6.2 set, recommended by Aman, Notorious and Jasdeep (of BBW Distributors). The second was the Audison Voce K6 set, winner of the 2010-11 European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) Award for the Best European In-car speaker system, which I had a soft corner for after reading many online reviews. At my request, Aman fitted one of either set on each of the front doors. I had a full 10 minutes to audition (switching between front seats) before deciding on the Soundlines. If I didn't audition both and just went for one, maybe later I'd have felt the other was better!

3. Repair before replacement - I had imported an Infinity Kappa 4 as amp for the setup. On the first day of install (Saturday) it failed once the install was complete (went into emergency mode the moment it was turned on). To save trouble and finish the install, Aman could have told me to buy another amp and move on. But he chose to take the IK4 to the repair guy who repairs high-end amps. He could have also suggested that the wiring be left as-it-is, but he instructed his guys to remove the components and rewire the original stuff, so I was not left without audio for the evening.

On Sunday when everything was refitted and the Ik4 went kaput again, he fitted a test amp (on my suggestion) just to check it wasn't a problem with the wiring. It wasn't. Even then he could have told me to buy another amp, but he suggested we show the IK4 to the repair guy once again. It was I who lost patience and told him to move on with a new amp which I'd pay for. Appreciate the solution-oriented attitude and lack of hard-sell.

EDIT - Last heard, he's still after that repair guy to get the IK4 repaired!

4. Pay attention to Detail - The Verna door has stock locations for midbass and on-axis tweeters, and the Rainbows were installed there. The install was done beautifully with not a single nut out of place. An MDF board was placed behind the seats to attach the amp. It turned out beautifully covered in carpeting identical to my boot carpet, so a casual onlooker would think it was part of the original upholstery.

5. Its not over till the fat lady sings - On Sunday the install got over at 7. Even then Aman spent an hour doing the tuning with me. Subsequently I have gone back twice complaining about little problems with the sound, and Aman has smilingly helped me re-tune. Of course, this doesn't mean I'm not going back to bug him again.

EDIT - Oh I also bought a steering-cover and Terminator Remote Central Locking for my i10 from Motor Concepts!

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 16th September 2013 at 22:50. Reason: Added info
predatorwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 23:56   #51
BHPian

Motor Concept and Aman

I got stock ICE on my city upgraded yesterday and I am enjoying it!
Upgraded the speakers to Rainbow Experience Line EL-C6.2 in the front and Focal Access 165 CA1 in the rear. Picked up a Bull Audio sub and Kenwood KAC-M845 from my soon-to-be-replaced Jazz. All 4 doors were damped and I came home 1 happy customer!

P.S. Aman the sub is underpowered and I need a Mono Block I agree. Will save and come back soon!

Last edited by navin : 15th October 2013 at 10:39. Reason: 2 smiley rule!
Old 15th October 2013, 10:47   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Hey guys ,this is a new outlet which opened up near Rajouri Garden.
It seems like Motor Concepts is even able to serve customers in Mumbai.

I recently asked around for an Audison Bit One. "The Freed-One" from Freedabad told me Motor Concepts had one. After I pestered him for their contact I sent a request via Whatsapp.

In minutes I got a response and a day or two later the deal was done (it would have gotten done faster if my mom had not fallen, broken her back and landed herself in the hospital) and the Audison Bit One was delivered to me. It is now waiting for "The Troubled One" to find the time to install it.

The Bit One will replace a Bit Ten in my 2012 Camry - which itself then replace an Alpine 650 in my wife's 2009 Honda City.

Thanks Aman and Motor Concepts and of course my friend in Freedabad whose made it a habit to blow cars apart.
Old 18th December 2013, 00:43   #53
BHPian

Sorry for the late review fellow BHP'ians!
So, I met aman paaji and people at The Audio Drive at Manesar. He seemed a courteous guy and his jobs were well known. A week later I decided to take my car to him for damping and some minor changes!

So, my short review on Motor Concepts :

Product Range: Well, to be honest I have secretly checked a lot of audio shops including Driven, but found out Motor Concepts to have the best range of all. Considering the fact that they are indeed a premium ICE shop, they had low cost and high cost parts and the range withing. When I say low cost, it does not mean cheap chinese makes but indeed 4-5K good quality JBL's and Bull's.

Knowledge and Service : The installer is a total Guru. He knows his job well. This is the same guy that was at driven! He knows how to do his work, and in the meanwhile gives good tips about the work. My amp.+sub wiring was done by Batra Car Care. So when Pramod (Installer) touched the wiring and I told him I was from Gurgaon, he immediately told me the wiring is from Batra right? And I was shocked at the guy's knowledge. My work was done pretty good, the only bad part being the roof wrap which wasn't to the standards. Retro or IDE is still a pretty good place to get your car done for wraps.

One good part about them. They are not into hard selling of products, they do their job and recommend the right products to you. Aman insisted me to go for a Focal 4 Channel Wiring because I might add components later, and this will save them time then, since the damping was done. But, this was recommended to me after I told him I might want a component upgrade. He also didn't throw me negative comments on my Sony Amplifier or the RF Tube. Instead he shifted my amp. to the right place and told me to upgrade only if I needed to. Kudos on that.

Would I recommend them? : Definitely yes! Motor Concepts is one of the best places for an ICE job.

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-wp_20131016_13_25_34_smart.jpg

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-wp_20131016_13_25_51_smart.jpg

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-wp_20131016_13_26_15_smart.jpg

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-wp_20131016_13_28_03_smart.jpg

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-wp_20131016_13_28_22_smart.jpg

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-wp_20131016_13_32_04_smart.jpg

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-wp_20131016_13_32_20_smart.jpg

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-wp_20131016_13_39_55_smart.jpg

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-wp_20131016_14_18_22_smart.jpg

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-wp_20131016_14_47_16_smart.jpg
Old 11th April 2014, 04:51   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
My work was done pretty good, the only bad part being the roof wrap which wasn't to the standards. Retro or IDE is still a pretty good place to get your car done for wraps.
how much did he charge you for the roof wrap ? and was it matte or glossy ?
Old 11th April 2014, 09:10   #55
BHPian

He charged Rs.1800. Glossy black.
Old 24th April 2014, 12:47   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
He charged Rs.1800. Glossy black.
You remember what make was the wrap? I think most of them use Oracl(spelling?), I know of a place near Janakpuri who does it for 1000 bucks, have got 4 cars done there.
Old 24th April 2014, 13:08   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Well, I got my audio upgrade installed at Motor Concepts, last month. Was a long weekend & Pramod was free. So was installed in about 3 hours time.

Needless to say, the install was perfect, with no wires showing / no Hissing. Complete Stealth install. Just as I wanted it to be.

Here is the equipment I got installed in my Toyota Fortuner.

Headunit : O.E. Toyota/ Panasonic ( IIRC)
Line converter: Audison SLI-4 Converter - Bought from Motor Concept (M.C.)

Front Speakers: Focal Polyglass 165 v15
Rear Speakers: Focal access 165 CA1 coaxials (IIRC)

4 - Channel Amp: Focal Solid 4
Mono Amp : Focal Solid 1

Damping : Dampmat ( 2 sheets / door, one sheet for the boot)

4 MDF Rings for the speakers - By M.C.

Wiring for Solid4: Audison 8 GA wiring kit - BY M.C.

Wiring for Solid 1: Self Provided ( Finolex 16 mm)

Rockford wire for Subwoofers - By M.C.

Scosche RCA's - By M.C.

2 x 8" Rockford Fosgate Subs : Punch P2D4 8, installed in 2x sealed boxes self provided.

All of it was installed professionally & I was not forced or pushed for any other items even though I did not buy much from them.

All of the items were provided by me , besides the ones I bought from M.C.

He did recommend that I go Ported & put the 2 woofers in a combined Sub box, to be designed & built by him, to increase the punch of the woofers as they do get drowned a little in the Huge cabin of the Fortuner.

I just have been too busy to visit them again.

Much Recommended Store

Hi Car Crazy

I wish to install Amplifier, woofer & replace 4 speakers in my 2013 Fortuner at Motor Concept.

I want to retain the OEM head unit.

Can you share the experience of line converter. Does it make humming sound, while playing or even otherwise.

I believe I would need 2 Amplifiers. One 4X2 for Speakers and another one for woofer. Am I correct ?

How much doe you think whole thing would cost (tentative)

Any suggestion. Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 15:08   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
You remember what make was the wrap? I think most of them use Oracl(spelling?), I know of a place near Janakpuri who does it for 1000 bucks, have got 4 cars done there.
Please share details..
Old 24th April 2014, 15:11   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Please share details..
Grafix Club
AddressWz-79C/6A, Virender Nagar, Janakpuri, Street No. 7, Lal Sain Mandir Marg, New Delhi, Delhi - 110058, IndiaContact PersonPhone9999306308Address Wz-79C/6A, Virender Nagar, Janakpuri, Street No. 7, Lal Sain Mandir Marg, New Delhi, Delhi - 110058, India
Phone 9999306308
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 14:46   #60
BHPian

I upgraded the speakers on my 3 week old Punto Active 1.3 MJD last Sunday at Motor Concepts.

Was suggested to go for Rockford Fosgate Prime 1675-S Components in the front and Rockford Fosgate Prime 1675 co-axials in the rear, and since I had read good reviews about this product online, decided to go for it. The total set up costed me around 10K, with 5.5K for components and 3.5K for co-axials. Remaining 1K for water guards / spacer rings / couplers and installation.

The installation was neat and the installers (especially Mr. Pramod) were quite helpful and kept explaining things to me. Didn't get the Damping done and wasn't even pushed for it.

Overall experience was nice and I highly recommend this store for professional audio upgrades!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks