Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 20:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)

Got the ICE for my ANHC done here. I am not terribly satisfied. They are awesome in woodwork (fit and finish) of installation, and they do charge for that (deservedly so). However best part of a relationship is tested not when all goes well, but when things dont. Even after install the radio reception was poor. They changed the antenna connector (first once was faulty) of the HU but lil avail, with new connector reception was better but still lot of noise when in areas of low FM range. The blamed it on the HU (easy answer) since it was from USA and we had no way of knowing what they were saying is right or wrong.
Having said that, a more professional attitude should have been to prove that it is indeed the HU, i.e. put another HU and show me that radio reception on that works. I feel they cut some wire during install of the antenna and now its like this.
I dont want to say they are not polite or uncivil, they absolutely are. But this problem has left a sour taste that I live with everyday on what otherwise would have been a good experience. So in a nutshell if you want a polite experience with nice woodwork for your car than go ahead by all means, but if something goes wrong, I am not sure they would take that extra step. They would be happy to be rid of you as you dont bring any new bussiness and eat into the other cars shelling big bucks waiting for the install at their parking spot.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 00:59   #32
BHPian

i visited motor concept today. called aman before going and was told its an easy day and can come down. the front right component on my jazz wasnt working and the entire wiring was to be checked.

stereo was installed at driven some 12-15 months back and had been running perfectly. driven being too far and some really confidence aspiring reviews for motor concepts made me visit the place. less than half the distance from my place was also another factor.

real nice lads! aman and i am assuming the other one was his brother. patient and courteous. even the tad old guy working on my car was very polite. took him good 3 hours to trace the fault but dint cut corners. in fact i was the one running out of patience for once but then dint want to go back for the same reason. pricing also seemed reasonable.

came back a happy satisfied customer and will definitely go back to them for any future needs. from my side!
Old 20th February 2012, 22:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

Got my Linea ICE'd at Motor Concepts, New delhi today. Had called Aman in the morning and mine was the first car to arrive so the work was started at 11:30 AM and i came out at 7:30 PM , Pramod handled the install and everything was done nicely and there was no hurry to finish up despite a few cars in the queue, the workmanship should be good and there is no harm in paying a thousand extra if things are done cleanly.

I had gone with a budget of 20k but then how can budgets be maintained when you are a team bhp member and the department is ICE. I hadnt planned for a amplifier but then went in for it.The total came to around 30k with the install and everything -

I had initially planned for Hertz but Aman suggested rainbow if i could stretch a bit and also met a guy, Aman introduced me to him and he was some renowned tuner and does tuning for high end installs - i think it was Jasjeet. He also suggested Rainbows so i pitched in for them.

1. Front components - Rainbow Dl-C 6.2

2. Rear co-axials - Bull Audio

3. Amplifier powering components and co-axials - Kenwood KAC - M846

4. Scosch wiring set

5. Damping on front two doors

6. Line convertor - had planned for audison but it was going way over the budget so had to go in with some other brand. Audison was 4500, the one i went with was 1600.

Loving the sound at present, the change from stock speakers is a breeze. No subwoofer at present but maybe next month i will go in for one.

Having a little jarring from the rear left door, will get it checked next month when i go in for a sub, good experience and i recommend this shop. I didnt check the prices outside and am not good at negotiations as well so i have no clue about how expensive this shop is but the work was done nicely, even damping was done slowly and smoothly, all wires put back in place, joints done with covers etc and attention to detail is good.
Old 5th August 2012, 17:03   #34
BHPian

Awesome Place to Ice up your car. Aman is a gem person , he arranged Pioneer 80PRS for me and got it installed two days back. the installation team is very good and the Dash kit that aman provided is the best of all.

and the best part that comes with them is consultation/tuning/advise from Jasdeep Sir and Gunbir Sir. Without Their blessings my car wont be sounding like it
is now.

Thank You
Old 9th December 2012, 16:23   #35
BHPian

Just Got My Car Audio "Upgraded" today from here , Was Glad to see the new facilities and specially Covered Space for all types of installation needs .

Plus , A Combo Of Professional Installation And Coverd Space Will be A Boon At The time of Sunfilm Installation as the environment is almost dustless.

Got Rainbow Soundline Components by replacing Rainbow Titans. Will Post The Review of new components after proper Break-In.

I Am Posting Some Pics of "One Of A Kind" Store In Delhi/Ncr.

Thank You Aman Sir , For The Kind Of Comfort And Level Of Expertise You Provide.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-img_0508.jpg  

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-img_0510.jpg  

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-img_0513.jpg  

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-img_0520.jpg  

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-img_0523.jpg  

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-img_0527.jpg  

ICE & Accessories - Motor Concept (Rajouri Garden, Delhi)-img_0531.jpg  

NOTORIOUS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 14:07   #36
BHPian

I too had an opportunity to see the new premises of Motor Concept. I had earlier visited them in January 12 to install a music system in my then new Liva. For sometime I have been contemplating about having Dampmat installed to reduce the road noise.

Finally went to Motor Concept yesterday and got it done. As usual, it was a pleasure to visit them and they did a good job of installing dampmat on all four doors and on the boot lid. It has made a lot of difference in the noise that filters from outside on noisy Delhi roads. to both Motor Concept, and Dampmat.

Be careful of one thing though if and when you install Dampmat on your car. Check if all the window glasses and window locks are working properly after installation. One of my window glasses was stuck and the door lock was too hard. It took them just a few minutes to correct it though, once I pointed it out.
Old 27th March 2013, 13:23   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Got the ICE for my ANHC done here..
Needed to revisit this post for a long time so finally logging in to correct the record. Aman and their cheif mechanic are one of the best installers in Delhi and they rightfully demand the price that is required to offer quality and keep their business profitable. So if you want to not just get off the market setup and want to invest few extra bucks to make sure that your install is clean than you should consider them by all means.

I will suggest BHPians spending upwards of 40k towards a sound system to definitely consider Motor Concept. In my case the stereo did have a problem with radio reception however Aman did change the coupler few times at his own cost to try to fix the problem. Overall I was very happy with the neat installation and would definitly visit him again for my future cars and recommend him to other bhpians as well.

Last edited by aseem : 27th March 2013 at 13:49.
Old 28th March 2013, 15:02   #38
BHPian

Well that reminds me to update my side of the story aswell.

For all my ICE needs I head straight to the store - Motor Concepts, recently went ahead and installed the Pioneer 80PRS from them and as it is it was done very professionally.

Along with this I was having some issues with my Amp which was cutting off in between, Aman and team were very courteous to handle the issue and got it sorted for me.

5 Stars from my end to them for maitaining a professional level store in Delhi NCR, I recommend them for anyone who wants their ICE done professionally as I never went dissapointed from their store.
Old 28th March 2013, 18:08   #39
BHPian

Well, I got my audio upgrade installed at Motor Concepts, last month. Was a long weekend & Pramod was free. So was installed in about 3 hours time.

Needless to say, the install was perfect, with no wires showing / no Hissing. Complete Stealth install. Just as I wanted it to be.

Here is the equipment I got installed in my Toyota Fortuner.

Headunit : O.E. Toyota/ Panasonic ( IIRC)
Line converter: Audison SLI-4 Converter - Bought from Motor Concept (M.C.)

Front Speakers: Focal Polyglass 165 v15
Rear Speakers: Focal access 165 CA1 coaxials (IIRC)

4 - Channel Amp: Focal Solid 4
Mono Amp : Focal Solid 1

Damping : Dampmat ( 2 sheets / door, one sheet for the boot)

4 MDF Rings for the speakers - By M.C.

Wiring for Solid4: Audison 8 GA wiring kit - BY M.C.

Wiring for Solid 1: Self Provided ( Finolex 16 mm)

Rockford wire for Subwoofers - By M.C.

Scosche RCA's - By M.C.

2 x 8" Rockford Fosgate Subs : Punch P2D4 8, installed in 2x sealed boxes self provided.

All of it was installed professionally & I was not forced or pushed for any other items even though I did not buy much from them.

All of the items were provided by me , besides the ones I bought from M.C.

He did recommend that I go Ported & put the 2 woofers in a combined Sub box, to be designed & built by him, to increase the punch of the woofers as they do get drowned a little in the Huge cabin of the Fortuner.

I just have been too busy to visit them again.

Much Recommended Store

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 28th March 2013 at 18:15. Reason: spellcheck
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 11:36   #40
BHPian

Any idea if they do custom speaker pods for doorpad and A pillars? So far I have only found people in Mumbai and Bangalore who do that, looking for someone in Delhi NCR.
Old 15th June 2013, 14:16   #41
BHPian

When my older HU broke (dont ask how), I got in touch with Aman before dropping into his Rajouri outlet. This was around 6-8 months back.
The initial feedback was pretty good and I was offered a good rate for the new HU with BT. However, Aman and the mechanic who put the system, couldnt get the audio to play via my handset.
As it was getting late, Aman promised to get back to me the next day on how to stream the music via BT from my phone.
Months have passed however and he never got back!

Looking at hitting some other ICE shop today in West Delhi for sorting this out!
Old 22nd June 2013, 12:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
This was around 6-8 months back.
The initial feedback was pretty good and I was offered a good rate for the new HU with BT. However, Aman and the mechanic who put the system, couldnt get the audio to play via my handset.
As it was getting late, Aman promised to get back to me the next day on how to stream the music via BT from my phone.
Months have passed however and he never got back!

Looking at hitting some other ICE shop today in West Delhi for sorting this out!
Just came across this, I however have always had a pleasent experience in dealing with MOtor Concept , however i feel a call from aman would not have resolved the issue with bluetooth streaming for that you would have had to go to the shop and get it rectified. That is the norm i guess everywhere if a customer has issues he is more then welcome to nag the service provider till his issues are sorted after all customer pays top dollar!

Also might i suggest you check the HU with other bluetooth enabled handsets just to see whether its able to stream music through those handsets.

Cheers
Old 3rd September 2013, 23:20   #43
BHPian

It all started 4 months back when I bought a Honda City and wanted to get the stock horn replaced with a louder aftermarket option as I drive almost 250 kms a day on the highway.

I wanted the trumpet tone horn and was suggested Hella Trumpet which is a 2 unit set. From the first day, the tone wasn't sounding right. I visited Motor Concept a couple of weeks later and told them about my concern to which I was told carbon deposit on the thimble was the reason behind the horn not sounding right. This was the second instance my front bumper was opened.

Then during the Delhi monsoon the horn died again. I visited Motor Concept again and they inspected the unit. When they uninstalled the unit, it had water inside it and hence the problem. I believe it was the technicians’ job to place the horn in the right place and right side up. I was told it was a common problem with trumpet units and I should go for something that's water proof (I've never had any such issue with any of my cars in the last 4 years with Roots horn being installed at Car Man, Paschim Vihar). 650 bucks down the drain in a months’ time. Bumper opened for the third time.

Ok fine enough and I buy Hella Red Grill for Rs. 1400 with the thought they would last longer than the trumpet unit. It’s been less than a month (bought it on 7th August) and the bloody unit is playing up on me again with only the “High” unit firing when I honk. This will be the fourth time my front bumper would be taken off and the clips holding the bumper plush to the body have started coming loose already.

My first visit to Motor Concepts was a pleasure back in Feb 2012 but it has been a downward slope since then. Probably a good place for ICE needs but cant say the same about other electrical accessories.

Last edited by white_vdi : 3rd September 2013 at 23:24.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:28   #44
BHPian

Hello white_vdi

Horns cant get so bad easily , are horns touching the body somewhere apart from the clip where the horn is attached to the body . Have you got the relay installed on both the horns i.e for the trumpet and hella red ones . I am using minda trumpet dual tone horns since two months and theres not a single issue with them . Why dont you change the brand from hella to either root normal horns or minda dual tone trumpet . And make sure the trumpet horns are firing downwards so that water dont get inside .
Old 4th September 2013, 10:13   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello white_vdi

Horns cant get so bad easily , are horns touching the body somewhere apart from the clip where the horn is attached to the body . Have you got the relay installed on both the horns i.e for the trumpet and hella red ones . I am using minda trumpet dual tone horns since two months and theres not a single issue with them . Why dont you change the brand from hella to either root normal horns or minda dual tone trumpet . And make sure the trumpet horns are firing downwards so that water dont get inside .
Hey safari_beast

I believe the unit is clear of all the metal work in the engine compartment and secured tightly.

And about the relay, I asked the installer that there is a relay in the box and shouldn't you be installing that as well? And to my surprise he said it is not for modern cars as they have one built in. I am sorry but it just shows their commitment to work even if it is a job as small as horn installation. And visiting them for something as trivial as this just blows my head off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks