Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 19:57   #31
BHPian

Re: DIY : Scratched and Repainted my Fluidic Verna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
If things go haywire, the friendly neighborhood garage will take care of the mess
That's the spirit! I don't understand why most people are afraid to get their hands dirty. Whats the worst that can happen anyways? lol..
Tassem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 16:06   #32
BHPian

Wonderful DIY Tassem! I am going to try this out for my Red A-Star which has quite a few scratches on the bumper.
Any pointers as to where i can source the spray paint in and around Koramangala/Indiranagar/HSR Layout.
Old 19th April 2012, 13:45   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
Wonderful DIY Tassem! I am going to try this out for my Red A-Star which has quite a few scratches on the bumper.
Any pointers as to where i can source the spray paint in and around Koramangala/Indiranagar/HSR Layout.

As many had pointed out in earlier posts, check this out -
Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers

They will ship it to your address. You can select the color - they list out the OEM colors!
samm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 18:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samm View Post
As many had pointed out in earlier posts, check this out -
Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers

They will ship it to your address. You can select the color - they list out the OEM colors!
Looks good. I think I will order 'Com-Paint Value Pack for Cars' from them. My Fiesta diamond white color is available with them.

I have one query though, in their How to use section, they have mentioned about 'wax polish (Aeroshot Liquid Wax Polish available separately)', is this the 'Aeroshot - Liquid Car Polish', they have mentioned in their products list?

Is the 'AEROSHOT - Auto Wax Cream' any good, I'm trying to give that a shot too?
Old 20th April 2012, 12:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus7 View Post
Looks good. I think I will order 'Com-Paint Value Pack for Cars' from them. My Fiesta diamond white color is available with them.

I have one query though, in their How to use section, they have mentioned about 'wax polish (Aeroshot Liquid Wax Polish available separately)', is this the 'Aeroshot - Liquid Car Polish', they have mentioned in their products list?

Is the 'AEROSHOT - Auto Wax Cream' any good, I'm trying to give that a shot too?
Sorry, I've not tried them yet. Thinking of buying one for mine soon.
For polishing you can use any rubbing polish. But only after the paint is dried completely.

Tassem has provided all the details in his first post, and every point is important.

Also, better not to buy all the stuff at a time -that's my policy. Check out one item, and if it works well, you can try others.
samm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 12:13   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For polishing you can use any rubbing polish. But only after the paint is dried completely.

Tassem has provided all the details in his first post, and every point is important.

Also, better not to buy all the stuff at a time -that's my policy. Check out one item, and if it works well, you can try others.
Be aware that Com is mostly good for Black/Dark, and white.
And pastels.
Otherwise, there is some level of mismatch.
You could use it in small areas, like scratches.
Anything more, then dont.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 15:05   #37
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Sam, mine has a few scratches and a few places (small) where the paint has completely come off. It doesn't warrant a complete re-paint, but if left unattended might rust soon. So I will order one soon.

I will take your advice and try one at a time. Will post more once I order and try it out.

Most Viewed