Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2013, 09:03   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post

^^ With the real life, darker shade karthikk was saying.

I suppose they are markers used in manufacturing TLs. Don't know where exactly, but I've seen them on most of the cars.
Thanks!
I think if it is indeed this dark, it looks better without the indicators done, IMO.

EDIT: Post no. 200, YAY!!

Last edited by nipcarlover : 22nd June 2013 at 09:11.
Old 22nd June 2013, 15:26   #62
BHPian

Re: D-I-Y: Smoke Tinted Headlamps & Tail Lamps

OMG. I happened to drive a Honda City (belongs to a friend of mine) with smoked head lamps and taillamps. Night driving for around 80 kms was real pain for my neck . Visiblity was really poor.

Smoked tail lamps looks cool but PLS DONT SMOKE YOUR HEADLAMPS.
sharoncr_17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 12:28   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
So, have ordered the film from the link you have given.
The chap says that it will be dispatched tomorrow.
How much time did it take to reach you, so that I can set my expectations accordingly.
D-I-Y: Smoke Tinted Headlamps & Tail Lamps-20130624-12.21.51.jpg

So, I just received the film, exactly 1 minute after I got an e-mail saying that the item has been shipped.
So, it seems that the time taken for it to reach from Ludhiana to Ahmedabad is approx. 1 minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post

Anyway, on a serious note, would really like some opinions on which one of the above renders by Eminenttismo would look suit the car better.

Thanks!

EDIT: On slightly closer inspection, it does look like the film when on indicators/reverse lights will be more grey than the complete black that Karthik said. Just IMO. Will have to open the film and put it on the tail lamps (without removing the glue part obviously) to get a clearer idea.

Last edited by nipcarlover : 24th June 2013 at 12:48. Reason: Added a point.
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 14:12   #64
BHPian

I suppose, completely tinted / only red portion tinted looks nice.
Eminenttismo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 12:37   #65
Senior - BHPian

My CRV tail lamps smoked. Did it with a friend of mine outside the house, it was a horrible day with lots of wind and dust flying around because of which there are a few bubbles and peeling on the sides (the adhesive has become weaker). May get it re-done after a while. I quite like the look of it. Should go well once I am done with other exterior modifications.
Attached Thumbnails
D-I-Y: Smoke Tinted Headlamps & Tail Lamps-img_1867.jpg  

D-I-Y: Smoke Tinted Headlamps & Tail Lamps-img_1868.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 10:46   #66
BHPian

So, I just tried to put on the tints on the car.
Quite a tiresome process and got a finish nowhere near what I thought, but the most weird thing is that the tints look nowhere near as dark as some of the others I have seen on this thread.

D-I-Y: Smoke Tinted Headlamps & Tail Lamps-20130627-10.29.47.jpg

I mean, its not even making the red bits turn into black, let alone the indicators like Karthik said it would. The lamp now looks almost as if it's just a bit dirty when viewed from a distance.

So, I have kept it only on one of the lamp and not done anything to the other.
nipcarlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 11:25   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
So, I just tried to put on the tints on the car.
Quite a tiresome process and got a finish nowhere near what I thought, but the most weird thing is that the tints look nowhere near as dark as some of the others I have seen on this thread.

I mean, its not even making the red bits turn into black, let alone the indicators like Karthik said it would. The lamp now looks almost as if it's just a bit dirty when viewed from a distance.

So, I have kept it only on one of the lamp and not done anything to the other.
nipcarlover, it could be that the seller has started selling a lighter shade of tail lamp tints now, maybe the darker ones are out of stock or something. The ones I have were pretty dark when I got the roll itself (you could check the opening posts of this thread where I show cutting the black roll, etc). Even the CRV's pictures of BHPian Fullrevs in the post above yours show blackened tail lamps. That is how the look should be if it was the same link you used to order .

The ones on yours seem to be almost transparent. I suggest you contact the seller on eBay and ask for a replacement to a darker shade, if that's what you were looking for. Generally, eBay sellers go to any lengths to avoid customer dissatisfaction since their feedback/ratings affect future sales directly.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 11:48   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
nipcarlover, it could be that the seller has started selling a lighter shade of tail lamp tints now, maybe the darker ones are out of stock or something. The ones I have were pretty dark when I got the roll itself (you could check the opening posts of this thread where I show cutting the black roll, etc). Even the CRV's pictures of BHPian Fullrevs in the post above yours show blackened tail lamps. That is how the look should be if it was the same link you used to order .

The ones on yours seem to be almost transparent. I suggest you contact the seller on eBay and ask for a replacement to a darker shade, if that's what you were looking for. Generally, eBay sellers go to any lengths to avoid customer dissatisfaction since their feedback/ratings affect future sales directly.
Exactly, that is what I thought. These are so light, they almost seem like those old school window tints that had a slight yellow-ish hint in them.

I will contact the seller, will update once I get a response from him.
Old 2nd July 2013, 13:54   #69
BHPian

Hello Karthik. I recently got my Ritz's headlights wrapped with Blue tints. The light output is better when compared against the stock look. Thought of posting this question as this is pertaining to Headlight tints - Are B'lore cops okay with these mods? Do they question/fine vehicles for wrapping lights with tints?
Old 3rd July 2013, 10:12   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hello Karthik. I recently got my Ritz's headlights wrapped with Blue tints. The light output is better when compared against the stock look. Thought of posting this question as this is pertaining to Headlight tints - Are B'lore cops okay with these mods? Do they question/fine vehicles for wrapping lights with tints?
Hey, thanks for sharing the info. Can you please share the details regarding where you bought these blue tints?

Thanks!
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:19   #71
BHPian

This is how my swift looks after the rear tinting process. Planning to go for projector or Headlamp bezel painting DIY according to ACMohan for the front head lamps. Share your valuable comments.
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:22   #72
BHPian

This is how my Swift looks after the rear tinting process. Planning for Bezel painting DIY according to ACMohan for the headlamps. Valuable comments welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails
D-I-Y: Smoke Tinted Headlamps & Tail Lamps-j1.jpg  

D-I-Y: Smoke Tinted Headlamps & Tail Lamps-j2.jpg  

D-I-Y: Smoke Tinted Headlamps & Tail Lamps-j3.jpg  

jamesdraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 11:41   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdraj View Post

Valuable comments welcomed.
Hey jamesdraj, I have one word for your car now, SWEEET !!

Probably the car looks better in person than on the snaps here, but I have few thoughts:

1. Since you have embraced an "All-Black" theme, may be you should get the rear bottom of the bumper (around the fog lamp) painted black. A diffuser look alike kinda thing!!

2. Please 'DE-BADGE'.

Car looks cool with these tinted/smoked changes, but too many badges at the rear. You decide what to keep or add but please do remove some.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 22:36   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey jamesdraj, I have one word for your car now, SWEEET !!

Probably the car looks better in person than on the snaps here, but I have few thoughts:

1. Since you have embraced an "All-Black" theme, may be you should get the rear bottom of the bumper (around the fog lamp) painted black. A diffuser look alike kinda thing!!

2. Please 'DE-BADGE'.

Car looks cool with these tinted/smoked changes, but too many badges at the rear. You decide what to keep or add but please do remove some.
Thanx Vik0728 for those kind words.

Have planned to go for HIKARI skirts and (front and rear) bumpers so no vinyls till then.

Thanks for pointing out Vik0728 regarding debadging. Have planned to remove everything in rear except the Suzuki emblem at the centre.
jamesdraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 11:19   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdraj View Post
Thanx Vik0728 for those kind words.

Have planned to go for HIKARI skirts and (front and rear) bumpers so no vinyls till then.

Thanks for pointing out Vik0728 regarding debadging. Have planned to remove everything in rear except the Suzuki emblem at the centre.
Finally got my swift debadged!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
D-I-Y: Smoke Tinted Headlamps & Tail Lamps-img_4083-2.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks