Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2014, 23:41   #1
BHPian

EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models)

Opening the trunk by remote control (For non-Keyless entry models)

EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models)-ecosport-1.jpg

To open the trunk of the new EcoSport just push the black button (indicated by the red arrow in the photo above) after unlocking the car with the remote control. It was an excellent idea of ​​Ford engineers who developed a system of simple, practical and very discreet opening.

EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models)-ecosport-2.jpg

On Titanium there is also the convenience to unlock and open the trunk by remote control, without having to push the black button on the handle of the trunk. In addition to the remote locking and unlocking the car buttons there is a third button pressed twice unlocks and opens the lid of the trunk.

EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models)-ecosport-3.jpg
Remote Contole version of FreeStyle

On the remote control of my EcoSport FreeStyle there until the space for the third button, but I've tried pressing twice and nothing happened. Unfortunately the third button from the switchblade key EcoSport FreeStyle 2013 has no utility. Here you'll think, but the unlock button unlocks the car has the trunk. Correct! But the difference is that the third button it unlocks and opens the trunk. You need not press the black button on the door handle. Just pull the handle to open the trunk because it will already be unlocked with the door slightly open!

EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models)-ecosport-4.jpg
Remote version of FreeStyle

But today, visit the EcoSport Club Forum I saw a great tip Gastaldi53 member, so as I was not satisfied with the lack of a button on the remote to open the trunk line in 2013 EcoSport. Gastaldi53 The curiosity resolved open the remote control, and to his surprise he saw that the inner plate of the remote there is a third button to open the trunk, but it is not triggered because the blanket does not have control pin star-shaped precisely to this button is not triggered only took then place a plastic little piece in the empty space so that when the button is pressed twice to switch the control board is connected to trigger the unlocking of the trunk. The trunk opens only if you first push the button that unlocks the doors, and then give two quick clicks on the third button. Excellent hint Forum EcoSport Club tested and approved! Below I'll go through the procedures for opening the remote control and installation the pin on the third button. Just try to do the procedure if you feel secure as you may damage the remote control. If you do not feel safe, ask a person who works with remotes to do the procedure for you. The blog is not responsible for any damage to the remote control due to inadequate procedure for opening the control.

EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models)-ecosport-5.jpg

Hold both ends of the remote as pictured above and pull at the same time to the right and left halves tempted away. As they are only engaged and there is no screw, the two sides will come off with relative ease.

EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models)-ecosport-6.jpg

After the two parts become loose, take the part that has the Ford logo and insert a screwdriver into the rectangular hole indicated by the red arrow in the photo above. Turn the screwdriver until it away the two halves of the remote control.

EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models)-ecosport-7.jpg

Then you will disassemble the remote control as the picture above. Note that the mainboard has three switches: the first unlocks the car, the second (middle) lock the car and the third (the lower one) unlocks and opens the trunk. See you on the other half of the control which is a rubber blanket there are 3 round holes corresponding to the drive control buttons. Ensure that the hole does not have a low number in a star inside it and it is precisely why the third button does not work.

EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models)-ecosport-8.jpg

Cut a piece of plastic and any place inside the button corresponding to the third hole, close the remote control carefully and ready! Following a tip from a reader of the blog I put a slice of a pencil eraser (fits perfectly, as pictured above), so the rubber presses the switch more accurately when I trigger the remote button. Third button from will now function normally to open the trunk as follows: click on the "open lock" button to unlock the car and then double-click the third button now serves to open the trunk as the demo video below:

Alert!
Before opening the trunk by remote control make sure that the car is at a local level because if a car is parked on a ramp unlike other vehicles the door fully open and can hit another vehicle that is ago for example.

Source: http://www.diariodebordoecosport.com/

Hope it works.....

Note: I have translated the page from Portuguese to English

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2014 at 15:46.
bageherath is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 16:29   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Thanks for sharing, Bageherath! I've copied your post (from the Official Review) into an independent thread.
Old 31st December 2014, 17:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: EcoSport DIY: Open the trunk via remote control (For non-keyless entry models)

Wow. i wonder why Ford didnt give a boot release lid on the Ecosport. Quick question, does this actually work and if it does will it damage any circuit because getting a new one will be an expensive ordeal from Ford. Also will it void any guarantee.
Old 31st December 2014, 17:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

The Figo has the boot release provision in its remote, which works even when the car is in locked condition. This is a really very useful facility and why the same is not provided in the Ecosport which costs almost two times that of Figo, is not understandable.

Last edited by rajeev k : 31st December 2014 at 17:57.
Old 31st December 2014, 18:23   #5
BHPian

Great DIY!! Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Wow. i wonder why Ford didnt give a boot release lid on the Ecosport. Quick question, does this actually work and if it does will it damage any circuit because getting a new one will be an expensive ordeal from Ford. Also will it void any guarantee.
Maybe because it can become a safety hazard if the car is parked on a ramp? Just thinking aloud.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks