Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 17:29   #151
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8

DIYs & upgrades this vacation
- RNS 510 Columbus HU
- VW Tiguan OE back up cam
- Premium BT kit (with wifi sharing and SMS reading through RSAP, not of use to me as iPhone does not allow remote sim access)
- Skoda OE LED tail lamps
- TPMS reset switch (took help from Skoda SC for taking the wire through firewall to ABS module)
- Park assist dedicated switch (earlier it was wired to PDC button)
- Thule box and roof rack upgraded
- VW Savannah (Borbet) OE Wheels
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport
- Side mouldings
- Mat silver finish door mirror covers
- OE baby mirror
- Changed top white theme to top black

Listing all the upgrades, retrofits and mods below:

Performance upgrades
- Pete's Custom Code Remap Stage 1.
- Bilstien B6 Shocks.
- H&R trak+ spacers Front and Rear. However, front spacers removed during the last wheel upsize to keep the wheels in line with the wheel arch.

Upgrades/retrofits of Electronic modules, electrical systems, switches, sensors, etc.
- CECM upgraded (OE) 1K0 937 087 Q.
- CAN Gateway module upgraded (OE) 7N0 907 530 AJ.
- PLA 2.0 module retrofitted (OE) 4H0 919 475 E.
- 4X4 ABS rear wheel speed sensors A ver. for PLA 2.0 (OE) WHT 003 857 A & WHT 003 856 A.
- AFS Module retrofitted (OE) 5M0 907 357 C.
- AFS Kit with rear axle level sensor for HL auto levelling retrofitted (OE) 1K0 941 273 L.
- MFSW module upgraded (OE) 5K0 953 569 H.
- Auto headlight switch retrofitted (OE) 5L0 941 431 G.
- Cruise Control stalk retrofitted (OE) 5K0 953 502 N.
- TPMS switch retrofitted (OE) 5LD 927 127.
- Park Assist PLA switch retrofitted (OE) 5LD 927 123.
- 4 PLA sensors retrofitted (OE) 1T0 919 297 A, on each side, front and rear, for Park assist.
- Boot release button with Reverse cam retrofitted (OE replica) - Replaced with...
- Boot release button with Reverse cam (OE).
- Shark fin antenna for Radio and GPS reception retrofitted (OE) 3C0 035 507.

Lights
- Bi-xenon head lamps with AFS kit (OE).
- Skoda Yeti facelift LED Tail Lamps (OE) 5LD 945 095 (Left) & 5LD 945 096 (Right).
- Hella DRL custom made for Skoda Yeti by Milotec.
- Muth Signal mirrors.
- Light force Striker 170 HID xenon lamps (Removed).
- License plate and Park lights upgraded to Philips LEDs.
- Fog lamps H7 bulbs upgraded to 5000K Philips.

Activated features
- Intelligent Park Assist PLA 2.0 with
1) Parallel Auto-park
2) Parallel Auto-unpark
3) Transverse Auto-park.
- Cruise control.
- Fatigue recognition.
- Bending Lights (AFS - Dynamic cornering with auto levelling).
- Coming home / Leaving home lights.
- Staging (Needle sweep).
- Emergency brake light flashing.
- OE back up camera integration with RNS 510 HU.
- All round PDC display on screen.

ICE with CAN compatibility, BT and Navigation
- RCD Bolero HU (OE Stock) retrofitted with media and Navigation box (mapmyindia maps) + Back up camera display on RCD 510 screen - Replaced with...
- Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 + Back up camera - Replaced with...
- Audiosources DNS 810 + Back up camera - Replaced with...
- Dynavin VW N6 + Back up camera and VW (OE) Mic - Replaced with...
- Skoda Columbus RNS 510 E LED V12 2015 - No more scope of "up"-gradation here.. Finally!
- Bluetooth Premium High latest ver. with wifi Hotspot and voice controls and SMS read out.
- Bluetooth kit for RCD 510 (OE) - Replaced with...
- Bluetooth Premium kit for RCD 510 (OE) - Removed along with RCD 510.
- JL audio micro sub-woofers (Twin subs) with custom moulded enclosure in the boot.
- Pioneer Class D mono amp for subs under the front passenger seat.
- WDTV media player hooked up with RCD 510 via the media box - Replaced with...
- Amkette EVO TV XL Android media player with air mouse remote (with internet on the go on RCD 510 screen) - Removed with RCD 510.
- Radio trim for Columbus RNS 510 HU.

Thule roof boxes, bars, bike racks & kits
- Thule roof box Ocean series - Replaced with...
- Thule roof box Pacific 200 with customized paint job and smart waxing - Replaced with...
- Thule roof box Dynamic 800 Black. Put it on a Lamborghini and it still wouldn't look out of place.
- Thule roof mount bike rack ProRide 591.
- Thule Aero Bar + Thule Footpack (Used with Atlantic and Pacific roof boxes) - Replaced with...
- Thule Wingbar Edge - designed for least drag and it sits lower than any other roof racks.
- Thule 6 key system 586 - Replaced with...
- Thule 8 key system 588.

Wheels
- 16" x 6J ET 43 Skoda Spectrum (OE Stock) - Replaced with...
- 17" x 7.5J AVA HS 169 - Replaced with...
- 17" x 7J Skoda Octavia II VRS (OE) - Replaced with...
- 17" x 7.5J AVA HS 227- Replaced with...
- 19" x 9J ET 33 OE VW Savannah made by Borbet Germany.

Tyres
- 215/55R16 Goodyear NCT (Stock) - Replaced with...
- 225/50R17 Nexen N9000 (was doubtful about Korean brand when fitting but was pleasantly surprised) - Replaced with...
- 245/45R17 Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2 - Replaced with...
- 255/35R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

Cosmetic add ons, Exterior customisation and Paint jobs
- Skoda Yeti wheel arch kit (OE) customized to incorporate PLA front side park assist sensors.
- 4 nos. holders for Park assist sensors retrofitted to front and rear bumpers on both sides.
- Skoda Yeti side skid plate style mouldings from Superskoda.
- Skoda exhaust tip SS twin cover (OE) powder coated.
- Shark fin antenna for Radio and GPS reception (OE) customized to match roof top paint theme.
- Customized aggressor front grill (3 variations tried and finalized the present one).
- Milotec/Hella DRL customized to match the bumper colour.
- Headlamp eyebrows from Superskoda customized to match body colour.
- Painted top and door mirror covers white initially, not changed to Black.
- Mat silver door mirror covers from Superskoda.
- Painted roof boxes white to match the top.
- Painted VRS wheels (after using it for a while in factory finish silver colour) white to match the paint theme (Replaced).
- Painted AVA 17" Y spokes Anthracite grey for smoked effect (Replaced).
- Hood racing stripes decal to match white top theme like Mini Countryman (Removed).
- Smart waxing (done annually).
- Tow hook on front with same anthracite grey coating as on wheels (Removed).
- Wruth License plate holders, front and rear.

Logos, Stencils and Decals
- New Skoda Logo for front grill and boot lid (OE) from Superskoda.
- New Skoda VRS Logo on front grill and boot lid (OE) from Superskoda.
- "Skoda Motorsport" stencilling (stencil custom made and painted) on the boot lid.
- Nurburgring Logo stencilling (stencil custom made and painted) on front fenders.

Sourcing and DIY details, please PM if anyone has any query. I have 2 li’l angels who wants a lot of my time. Stealing anymore of their pappa time for car work would be crime. Those days are gone when I could spend days and nights on DIYs. Now I have to do it in parts and plan like wake up early morning for DIYs or whenever I get such a gap. Even to type this down I had to wait days and weeks. I would be happy to help guys with any doubts if you could PM me.

And regarding the crazy wheel upsize! Many of you must be thinking like that's the most stupid mod on the yeti right? Well, that is undebatable. No arguments there. But I still chose this mod. Why?

Here’s why – Usually I change my car between 4th and 5th year. Yeti is about 4.5 years now. I have pampered it so much that it still doesn’t feel any older than showroom condition. Have kept myself from any major mods till it was 3.5 years old. Even when I went ahead with the mods after that, I took care of the practicality aspect, let the head decide. Yeti has done its duty for the time it was expected to. Now should I make some guy lucky by selling it off or should I just be the lucky guy myself keeping it was the question. Obviously, I am gonna keep it. If I am gonna keep it, I have a choice to either continue using it as my main ride or give it a break and keep it for my fun. At present Yeti does about 10K Kms a year (only! I used to do 25K Kms in my Octavia annually being only half the time in India) and Beemer does merely 5K. That is because the tuned AWD bad boy with the manual stick is just so addictive that I end up taking Yeti for most of my drives. So let’s change all that and let the beemer do all the main transportation job. Yeti can just be my leisure and hobby ride. If that is the case, I can let the heart do what it wants on it rather than head always giving priority to practicality alone. Also, from the moment I set my eyes on those VW Borbet wheels, I knew I had to get it. If Yeti was the only daily drive, I wouldn’t have thought about it. But since I decided not to sell it and maintain it as a hobby ride, I could think of such a crazy mod.

This wheel makes Yeti look like straight out of the drawing board. Noticed how aggressive the cars look on the drawing boards before they reach the final production sketch? Like that. The pictures don’t do justice actually. You gotto see it in flesh to appreciate its looks. Damn the road condition, I adapted my driving itself to accommodate those wheels. Did a long trip before swapping the wheels and during that trip I was practicing tackling poor surfaces without letting the tyre take the hit. The driving has become so toned down that my mom does not get a chance for back seat driving! Folks must be happier than me about the wheel change. Also, lately I observed that the road condition in my area is not that bad. Can say for sure because I do not cross a hump or bad patch without reducing to absolutely crawling speeds. And I do not find many places to slow down that much. The other thing is, I had expected ride to fall drastically with such low profile tyres. But in reality, I do not experience it. Why? Because these Michelins glide over good surfaces and the smallest of irregularity on the surface means I am just rolling over it at crawling speed. So I sincerely don’t know how bad it feels over poor surfaces. Only if you drive at more than crawling speeds will you feel the ride quality. I wouldn’t dare to test that. And these are really not for poor roads for sure. So Yeti is strictly self-driven since the upsize. I have the OE set of wheels which I would swap before I leave India so that dad can drive Yeti when I am not here. Will swap to these bad boys when I am back on vacation again. Be ready to accept all this pain if you wanna go for such a mod. But it’s worth it if you have a car to spare for your regular drives. I am totally loving it! Finally that is what matters when you invest in something.

And here's how the Yeti looks now.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-1a.jpg

Love the aggressive offset of these wheels.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-2.jpg

Got rid of the tow hook. Nothing like that clean understated yet aggressive (photos don’t reveal it, you gotto see it in flesh) look.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-3.jpg
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-5.jpg

Thanks for making these wheels Borbet!!
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-7.jpg

New Thule roof rack and roof box.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-9.jpg

See the box just sitting over the bars without any fixtures? That’s what T track adapters are for.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-10.jpg

No claws or fixtures visible. Just a box sitting on the cross bar.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-11.jpg

Baby mirror (OE). Both front driver and passenger gets a full view of full rear seat to keep a watch on the kids belted up on the rear seats. The location as per instruction booklet is between the roof lining and the IRVM. But there is no space there in the Yeti to fix the baby mirror. This location is good. Gives a good view as well as does not block the cabin lights.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-12.jpg

Columbus - The big daddy of Skoda Head units! No more ICE related bugs and issues. Also, the Park Assist and TPMS switch can be seen.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-13a.jpg

VW Tiguan OE back up camera. It is a boot handle cam but had to cut the cam out as Tiguan’s boot switch is bigger than Yeti’s.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-14.jpg

Yeti's OE boot switch cam size in comparison to Tiguan's boot switch cam.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-14a.jpg

All round OPS & camera display as Yeti (Left) & as Tiguan (Right). Can be set in VCDS.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-13b.jpg

The side skid plate style mouldings.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-20.jpg

Just the Skoda & VRS Badge front and rear, and of course the ID Nurburgring Logo on the fenders and Skoda motorsport stencil on the boot which is in a very light shade of grey which is not very prominent. Got rid of every other decal. Love the clean look.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-21.jpg

My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-22.jpg

Well, this is the mods progress bar of Yeti now. Will update when further mods/upgrades are done.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-progressbar.jpg
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 10:40   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8

wow ajaypjayaraj! all tastefully done to the last bit. I am just wondering how much time and effort you might have put through though. The only bit that I find it odd are the alloys, it looks aftermarket and rather huge for that size of the vehicle, but that's just me. I love my Yeti Elegance in its stock form, even after 3 years of ownership. With all the features, retrofits and mods I can only imagine your love and passion for your car.

Some questions:
1. Columbus HU - does it support Indian maps?
2. The side skid plate style mouldings, is that the original OE accessory? can you share the contact to source this?

Last edited by iTNerd : 15th July 2015 at 10:51.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 11:25   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
wow ajaypjayaraj! all tastefully done to the last bit. I am just wondering how much time and effort you might have put through though. The only bit that I find it odd are the alloys, it looks aftermarket and rather huge for that size of the vehicle, but that's just me. I love my Yeti Elegance in its stock form, even after 3 years of ownership. With all the features, retrofits and mods I can only imagine your love and passion for your car.

Some questions:
1. Columbus HU - does it support Indian maps?
2. The side skid plate style mouldings, is that the original OE accessory? can you share the contact to source this?
Thanks mate! I could have gone for a higher profile than this actually as Tiguan comes with same wheels in 255/40 19 rubber. Mine is 255/35 19. I kept the profile lower as Yeti's wheel outer dia. is slightly smaller than that of Tiguan. May be next tyre change, I will try 40 profile which would give it that additional side wall thickness. You are right about how it looks, but that is because pictures look different from how it appeals in flesh. Even I am not happy about the pics. In flesh it does not feel like those Hummers and Fortuners on 22 wheels but looks rather smart than how the pics reveal it to be. Like many VAG designs, in reality, its a different story.

Columbus does not have India maps. VW is dumb enough to not get it to India as yet. I had India maps on my other HUs and here is what I faced - Wife or kids will have their series and cartoons on the screen during a trip. All I get is voice navigation even if the HU has built in India maps. That is what I get on Columbus too with my phone paired via BT. Exactly same. I get voice navigation and they get their entertainment. So why would I settle for anything less than a Columbus. Experience teaches these things.

Side moulding is from Superskoda. PMed you the details of the accessory.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 15th July 2015 at 11:50. Reason: Typo
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 12:09   #154
BHPian

Ajay, your car looks epic! It has got to be THE hottest Yeti in India(if not in the whole world). What perfect mods... Nothing overdone. I can go on all day praising your yeti, that's how good it looks! And those wheels 😍
Can we expect something similar with the 3er? :P
Suraj25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 12:32   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Ajay, the car is just Wow. Thank you for sharing all this information. The extensive list of mods is just amazing. Waiting to see what you will be doing to get that progress bar complete

I am hoping/assuming that a lot of these can be done on a Vento too. Just holding off till my car is at least 3 years old.

Hoping to see the car in flesh sometime in Calicut.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 13:03   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Ajay, your car looks epic! It has got to be THE hottest Yeti in India(if not in the whole world). What perfect mods... Nothing overdone. I can go on all day praising your yeti, that's how good it looks! And those wheels 😍
Can we expect something similar with the 3er? :P
I have come across a lot of tuned Yeti's worldwide while hunting for upgrade possibilities. Except for one, and that one is a rocket which beats even an Ariel Atom as if Atom was just a normal road going hatchback! (It's unbelievably tuned and undoubtedly THE best Yeti in the world), I haven't seen one which has done so much keeping it so discreet and clean. Most of it is overdone and looks typical.

Yeti mods were kinda wrapped up and the home work for 3er has been on for the past 1 year. Stumbled upon Columbus HU and these killer wheels from VW Borbet when I was in the hunt for 3er stuff. Couldn't resist giving it to Yeti, so put a hold on 3er and continued Yeti mods. Hoping to wrap up Yeti projects by the end of this year. 3er would be 3 years old by then and can start my next project on it. Since F30 is a brand new platform (Completely new gen.), the possibilities were slim when I looked around a year ago but soon that will change. So the timing would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hi Ajay, the car is just Wow. Thank you for sharing all this information. The extensive list of mods is just amazing. Waiting to see what you will be doing to get that progress bar complete

I am hoping/assuming that a lot of these can be done on a Vento too. Just holding off till my car is at least 3 years old.

Hoping to see the car in flesh sometime in Calicut.
Anytime! I know the effort behind digging up all these info. That is why posted it here so that interested guys could find the parts easily. More over, its tried and tested and with so many electronic components swapped/upgraded, my VCDS gives a complete scan result without a single fault code. So guys can go ahead without worrying about compatibility issues.

Well, if you noticed, Yeti is a true VRS performance wise and external looks wise. But there are bits remaining to complete the VRS gene. When done, the progress bar would reach a 97%.

Yeah these modules are used in all VAG cars. Just need to check compatibility between components. I was in the same boat and waited 3.5 years to start with the upgrades because of the extended warranty.

Why not. Do PM when you drive down!
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 13:45   #157
VKM
BHPian

Phew! how many hours of loving care has gone into that, my head spins just reading about it. looks like we both are in the same boat but in opposite directions as far as yeti & bimmer go, i have slotted the yeti as my daily ride & the bimmer for the weekend fun.
VKM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 15:33   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKM View Post
Phew! how many hours of loving care has gone into that, my head spins just reading about it. looks like we both are in the same boat but in opposite directions as far as yeti & bimmer go, i have slotted the yeti as my daily ride & the bimmer for the weekend fun.

After typing out the list, I find myself lazy to even read it completely! Feels like did I do all that on my car?!! The upgrading phase was really exciting and had one after the other coming up. After completing the whole project when I look back it does seem like a lot. But to be frank, a lot of upgrades were cancelled from the original list. This is the much filtered list you see which actually made it to the car.

Your choice of cars for weekend and everyday drive is perfect. If Beemer was the older one and one which got the upgrade treatment, it would have been beemer who gets to take rest. Its just that I feel like keeping a well pampered and tuned up car for fun, like a collectors item while the comparatively newer car does the main work. By the time beemer upgrades are done I might have another car ready to take up the job. Its just sequential. And though I plan to make beemer my daily drive, its still Yeti only I take out. Beemer will be doing more of long trips. But everytime I step out, my heart says lets take the Yeti! And that has to end for my plan to work!!
Old 20th July 2015, 11:31   #159
BHPian

hi ajay,
i must say i am a big fan of your car. Its one of the best mod car here on team bhp from the practical aspect at least . i am big fan of Skoda however have always been scared of the after sales service. Had an horrible experience with a VW polo, however looking at your car i am really tempted to find myself a pre-worshiped yeti if any here in Pune till then i will stick to my ciaz as my daily driver. Thank you for the inspiration. Cheers!
gargashwin06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 19:45   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargashwin06 View Post
hi ajay,

i must say i am a big fan of your car. Its one of the best mod car here on team bhp from the practical aspect at least . i am big fan of Skoda however have always been scared of the after sales service. Had an horrible experience with a VW polo, however looking at your car i am really tempted to find myself a pre-worshiped yeti if any here in Pune till then i will stick to my ciaz as my daily driver. Thank you for the inspiration. Cheers!

Thanks Ashwin! The idea is to carry out mods without making it look modified. Love the discreet OE look of the more powerful versions like R line, VRS, RS, S, GTI, etc. than those aftermarket overdone mod jobs. There should be more to it than looks. Regarding Skoda, I have been owning and using Skoda cars since 2006. I am a happy owner. Undoubtedly it is technically the most VFM German car you could buy.
Old 16th November 2015, 16:21   #161
BHPian

Hi Ajay, I am looking to retrofit cruise control and would like to know if i need to upgrade the BECM? or just upgrading MFSW module is going to support cruise control stalk. My current BECM is 1K0 937 086 H
Old 16th November 2015, 19:41   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Hi Ajay, I am looking to retrofit cruise control and would like to know if i need to upgrade the BECM? or just upgrading MFSW module is going to support cruise control stalk. My current BECM is 1K0 937 086 H
You will need to upgrade BCM/CECM to ... 087 (Highline) for retrofitting Cruise control, along with MFSW module and CC stalk. Your current BCM is mid-line. You can be guided by part nos. from my list of upgrades.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th November 2015 at 21:05. Reason: Spell-check on request.
Old 5th December 2015, 00:14   #163
Senior - BHPian

Man, Love your yeti and the mods you have done, I am too in the process of getting the PLA 2.0 installed in my jetta, But it seems i have hit a dead end? Maybe. Coding is coming as an issue for me. Have all the Lights, ABS, ESP, Airbag lit up!
Old 5th December 2015, 05:34   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Man, Love your yeti and the mods you have done, I am too in the process of getting the PLA 2.0 installed in my jetta, But it seems i have hit a dead end? Maybe. Coding is coming as an issue for me. Have all the Lights, ABS, ESP, Airbag lit up!
Thanks man! Don't worry about those lights. If you disconnected battery or any related modules, those lights will show up next time you turn on ignition. That is okay and once you start driving, all of it gets reset within no time if there is no real fault. And you also have the VCDS to reset the faults just in case.

Coming to PLA 2.0, have you got the A version ABS sensors for rear wheels? PLA 2.0 requires ABS sensors of much higher precision than the normal ones. Unless you install it, it won't work properly.

If that is done, then like you said, could be incomplete coding. Wish I could help trouble shoot, but for that, I need access to my car and VCDS. Right now I am not in India. So your best guide would be DIY forums. Just google PLA 2.0 retrofit. You might find something.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th December 2015 at 11:30.
Old 5th December 2015, 11:40   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Thanks man! Don't worry about those lights. If you disconnected battery or any related modules, those lights will show up next time you turn on ignition. That is okay and once you start driving, all of it gets reset within no time if there is no real fault. And you also have the VCDS to reset the faults just in case.

Coming to PLA 2.0, have you got the A version ABS sensors for rear wheels? PLA 2.0 requires ABS sensors of much higher precision than the normal ones. Unless you install it, it won't work properly.

If that is done, then like you said, could be incomplete coding. Wish I could help trouble shoot, but for that, I need access to my car and VCDS. Right now I am not in India. So your best guide would be DIY forums. Just google PLA 2.0 retrofit. You might find something.
I drove around for half km at low speeds, Guess that isn't enough? Reseting the codes via VCD,s will just make them reappear,

Yes have got the A version of the ABS sensors installed,

I am looking around for the coding, But whats bothering me is several other errors including, Airbag, No bending function available etc. Can understand about the ABS, ESP, steering errors but the others too are normal?

The trim of the left side passenger airbag was removed, And error can throwup even if the trim is removed?

Most Viewed