Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 01:10   #16
BHPian

re: My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Pg 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
I used to search online for good mods for the abominable snowman but never found anything worthwhile. Until now. Beautiful car made more striking and handsome with those thoughtful mods. Gonna try out the alloys swap and remap atleast on my FIL's yeti.
Any hope of getting an approx price quote for them? Ours is the same color so hopes it turns out as good looking as yours.. And on an another note, auto park? Really? Does it work well in our crowded-mall-railway-station-market-road situations?
Thanks nikhil! I used to do the same, search for Yeti mods online but never found anything worthwhile and finally decided to get creative and set an example myself. Great to see the feedback from the team members!
For the cost of remap u could contact Pete's Automotive. Price might vary so its better you get the quote directly from them. The wheels i ride on are AVAs and the prices have been hiked since I got em and should be in the range of close to 40K.
I used to think same when I saw the auto parking feature in the Passat whether its of any use in our roads. But once I got the auto parking installed on Yeti and started using same I realized how efficient and useful it is. Believe me, it parks in such tight spaces that one might think it wont be possible to park there manually. I was impressed to see the way it manoeuvres. Especially with version 2, its very advanced. Try it and you'd be impressed too I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
WOW. Wouldn't want to see a Yeti done up in any other way really tastefully done up.
Congratulations on the membership and here's to looking forward to more posts from you!
Thanks IshaanIan! Sure more posts coming up with more details.. stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Frankly, I never viewed the Yeti to be a mod-friendly car. but after seeing yours, well well
Really like the way you've done it up. Very subtle yet striking mods. Tastefully done. BTW, which alloys are those?
Enjoy your ride
Thanks Octane! Those are AVA 17ers Yeti is riding on.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 01:12   #17
BHPian

re: My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Pg 8

That's one tastefully done up car! Had never been a fan of the yeti but you've proven me wrong. People in Kerala have changed 'gods on country' to 'mods own country'.
Awaiting more pics.
Oranger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 01:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Thanks sreejith. I never felt Yeti's brakes inadequate. Towards the time the brake pads need replacement, it might feel a bit weaker. But otherwise it has performed well. Even with the remap, its doing a good job. Few days back due to a crazy guy I had to apply brakes in emergency and with the monsoon on, yeti still stopped without any hassle.
Here's another idea for a mod: get the Brembos from the 178bhp version of the Yeti.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 10:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Grille is a complete DIY. Ordered a new grille from Skoda service centre in Kozhikode so that I have the original one in case I mess up the grille mod. Modified the new grille and its a complete DIY.
Amazing piece of work this DIY. Has factory made fit and finish
DDIS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 10:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranger View Post
That's one tastefully done up car! Had never been a fan of the yeti but you've proven me wrong. People in Kerala have changed 'gods on country' to 'mods own country'.
Awaiting more pics.
Thanks Oranger! Quite a few have told me that. I think every car has the potential to look good. I personally felt the new alto looked awkward (no offense but it's just personal taste). But recently saw one at Autoworx Kochi and proved myself wrong. More over its how you upkeep it. Even an exotic sports car could fail to impress if not kept well but same time a plain jane car could look impressive if kept well and provided its not over done. A perfect paint job and detailing with a nice pair of wheels is enough to make a car look good. Anything more should be done carefully enough to not ruin that classy look.
Gods own country is Mods own country too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Here's another idea for a mod: get the Brembos from the 178bhp version of the Yeti.
Thats a brilliant idea Steeroid Thanks! Right now my brake pads are fairly new and would keep this in mind when its time for next change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS View Post
Amazing piece of work this DIY. Has factory made fit and finish
Thanks DDIS!

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th June 2014 at 12:20. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 12:16   #21
BHPian

Hi Ajay .. Super work . The Yeti has been a dream and seems to remain a dream for me.

I recently acquired a used Laura 6 years old am just tempted to drive to Kochi from Chennai and get her a full make over. :-)

Happy Driving and Riding
Sathya
psathya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 12:41   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This is a project that shows the sheer taste of its owner. Your mods are perfectly executed, and there's so many practical additions too. Always found the Yeti ugly; however, yours is a great looker. to the attention-to-detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranger View Post
People in Kerala have changed 'gods on country' to 'mods own country'.
So true! Kerala sure has some quality souped-up rides.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 12:42   #23
BHPian

Could you please post a demo of your car auto-parking ?
Abhiranjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 14:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ajay, That's a suberbly looking Yeti! Could you please elaborate more on the ICE installation, i.e. the subs and the amp? Pics would be ideal.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 14:49   #25
BHPian

Nice work done there. Even though you've done so much work on it, it doesn't look odd in any way. That is something achieved very rarely. Quality of execution is commendable!
Joe M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 15:01   #26
BHPian

B-E-A-utiful!!!

Looks like your investment is paying you amazing returns. Loved the way you have carefully chosen your MODS so as to not to alter the car's stock image. Yeti is a lovley car inspite of its box like build.

Also, could you share the cost of the overhead carrier and its capacity??

Wish you miles of pure fun.

Cheers,
Vinay
yaniv14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 15:32   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Hi Ajay .. Super work . The Yeti has been a dream and seems to remain a dream for me.I recently acquired a used Laura 6 years old am just tempted to drive to Kochi from Chennai and get her a full make over. :-)
Happy Driving and Riding
Sathya
Thank you Sathya! May your dream come true someday
Before you drive down I would suggest you take a look at -
1) http://www.petes.in/ and contact Mr.Vinu if you need anything from Pete's Automotive
2) http://www.vagtune.com/ and contact Mr.Sugesh if you need OE retrofits or parts
- so that you know things are available as per your needs before you reach Kochi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is a project that shows the sheer taste of its owner. Your mods are perfectly executed, and there's so many practical additions too. Always found the Yeti ugly; however, yours is a great looker. to the attention-to-detail.
Thank you GTO! Actually Yeti is not a camera friendly car. I always felt Yeti looked much better in flesh than in pics. And I do agree the styling of the Yeti is not to everyone's taste. Obviously, I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiranjan View Post
Could you please post a demo of your car auto-parking ?
Dear Abhiranjan, I myself am dying to put up a video. As soon as I have it I sure would post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi Ajay, That's a suberbly looking Yeti! Could you please elaborate more on the ICE installation, i.e. the subs and the amp? Pics would be ideal.
Thank you Nnitinbose!
Below are the links to the JL audio micro sub woofers and Pioneer Class D mono amp.
http://intl.jlaudio.com/6w3v3-4-car-...-drivers-92145
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...eries/GM-D510M
Amp. is installed below the front passenger seat and sub woofers in the boot in a custom molded enclosure without eating up the boot space.

Micro sub woofer custom molded enclosure from New Metal Effect, Chennai
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-micro-subs-enclosure.jpg

Amp. installation under the front passenger seat. The amp wont be visible unless you push back the seat completely.
My Skoda Yeti - DIYs, OE Upgrades & Custom Mods. UPDATE: Park Assist video on Page 8-amp-installation.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
Nice work done there. Even though you've done so much work on it, it doesn't look odd in any way. That is something achieved very rarely. Quality of execution is commendable!
Thanks Joe! Its true Its easy to do a lot of mods and mess up the overall appeal of the car. It takes patience and good taste to strike a good balance I guess.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 15:52   #28
BHPian

These are great list of mods without hampering OEM appeal of this great car. Can you shed some more light on costing. I would be interested in a few like cruise control and Bixenon headlamps. unfortunately we don't have vagtune like service in north india which may hold me going for these if they can't be done by DIY.
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 16:13   #29
BHPian

Great job Ajay!!! The beauty of such mods is that you can live the new car excitement again and again. And also kill your urge to get/upgrade to a new car!!
sivadas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 16:32   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

One hot yeti you have got. Brilliant mods. I do have a question regarding the Thule bike bars. Can you share the details of it? Can I fit the bars onto the existing Ecosport roof rails? From where did you get it and the price?
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks