Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Old 27th October 2018, 16:33   #31
BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo DIY: Removing / upgrading the instrument cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I had swapped the stock instrument cluster on my GT to the highline spec cluster (from the Polo GTI) few days back.
Hello Gannu,
I seem to be getting a peculiar thumping sound from my 2017 Polo TSI instrument console. Happens when I am on a bumpy road there is a sort of 'dhuck dhuck' sound emanating from the cluster. If I hold my hand over it or put pressure on it, it stops.

I have tried rectifying with ASS here and they say they have tightened some lock and its okay for a day or two but comes back again. It's an annoying rattle to an otherwise quite car.

What could cause this rattle, could you shed some light on it.

Thanks in advance.
lionell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2019, 00:06   #32
BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo DIY: Removing / upgrading the instrument cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Just picked up a Polo GT TSI and was wondering that if the coolant sensor is now there since 2014, does that mean that the GTI cluster would be a straight swap for my car then? No extra wires to turn off the coolant level sensor?
Kind of late to the party, but yes, it would be a straight swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Hello Gannu,
I seem to be getting a peculiar thumping sound from my 2017 Polo TSI instrument console. Happens when I am on a bumpy road there is a sort of 'dhuck dhuck' sound emanating from the cluster. If I hold my hand over it or put pressure on it, it stops.

I have tried rectifying with ASS here and they say they have tightened some lock and its okay for a day or two but comes back again. It's an annoying rattle to an otherwise quite car.

What could cause this rattle, could you shed some light on it.

Thanks in advance.
Post 2015, the size (depth) of the cluster reduced and it doesn’t sit against the back like the older clusters. Use a small screwdriver or a trim remover tool on the right AC vent to pop it out and then put a rolled up piece of foam behind the cluster and enjoy the silence!

Last edited by Viraat13 : 16th August 2019 at 00:07. Reason: Spelling
Viraat13 is online now   Reply With Quote