Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 12:39   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
That is what I was thinking too, but wanted to check their product first, then negotiate the price, if they can do it for 1500, then i would prefer going to them itself.
Yeap. 1500 will be ideal to settle for. Ensure that the base clamp is not expanded to fix it on the Dzire's Handbrake console. Expanding means you have already put pressure on that plastic and this also hinder prefect fitment of Bolts on the plastic due to bent angle.
Old 6th August 2014, 12:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: EcoSport DIY: Installing aftermarket Armrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Yeap. 1500 will be ideal to settle for. Ensure that the base clamp is not expanded to fix it on the Dzire's Handbrake console. Expanding means you have already put pressure on that plastic and this also hinder prefect fitment of Bolts on the plastic due to bent angle.
Thanks Parag, Will keep this in mind if I were to get it done from them. Ideally I would like to do it myself, but I am not very sure if I would be as precise as what you are, so don't want to spoil anything.

OT - You should probably organize a DIY for others in Bangalore for some of your DIY projects, that would be a good quick mini meet for a lot of us non DYI people. Say what?
Old 6th August 2014, 13:23   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OT - You should probably organize a DIY for others in Bangalore for some of your DIY projects, that would be a good quick mini meet for a lot of us non DYI people. Say what?
☺Few will make it to my place over the next weekends for various DIYs. While I continue to strive for cleaner and perfect DIYs on weekends, my Better half is soon going to Label me as Imperfect and non suitable Husband, LOL!
Have already got warning that I don't spend next few weekends of this month on DIYs.
Old 21st August 2014, 15:53   #19
BHPian

Thanks a lot for this useful post Parag. Great job and excellent fit & finish!

I own a top end model of Terrano which has rear AC vents (Similar to Duster) for which I wanted to get the driver armrest. I enquired at the local accessory shop and he mentioned that none of the available universal arm rest could be fitted in my Terrano since it has rear AC vents.

Could you please suggest if I have any option for fitting driver arm rest for my Terrano?
Old 28th August 2014, 11:34   #20
BHPian

I always wanted to ask this question. Doesn't the arm rest hamper the usage of the hand break? Can you please post a picture from another angle wherein the hand break and arm rest appear from a usage standpoint?
Old 28th August 2014, 11:56   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Could you please suggest if I have any option for fitting driver arm rest for my Terrano?
I thought the same when I installed for the Palio that never had a center console and DIY clamps helped. Let me check the options for Terrano as I have a neighbour who drives one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I always wanted to ask this question. Doesn't the arm rest hamper the usage of the hand break? Can you please post a picture from another angle wherein the hand break and arm rest appear from a usage standpoint?
Hi Sumathindra, you can check the pictures in my first post itself. Enough evidence there.
The Hand Brake operation DOES get hampered though in a limited way but it takes a few hours of driving and using the Handbrakes and you get used to it.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 13:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I thought the same when I installed for the Palio that never had a center console and DIY clamps helped. Let me check the options for Terrano as I have a neighbour who drives one.
Hi Sumathindra, you can check the pictures in my first post itself. Enough evidence there.
The Hand Brake operation DOES get hampered though in a limited way but it takes a few hours of driving and using the Handbrakes and you get used to it.
Are these available for the Figo? Just buy and install without any customization and any store i can pick it up from please?
Old 29th August 2014, 17:00   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Are these available for the Figo? Just buy and install without any customization and any store i can pick it up from please?
Here is the picture of the Ford Figo Handbrake console (Assume this to be same for your Figo too?).
EcoSport DIY: Installing aftermarket Armrest-ford_figo_12.jpg

Looking at that, I can safely say that the universal Armrest can be installed over it BUT if the width of the center console is way too wide, you may have to go the same way as I have in this very DIY. Make a clamp wide enough to match the width of the center console!
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buy it online from ebay at less than 1200. Dzire may not need a clamp. Fitting labor cannot be more than 300 at any cost.
I got a center arm rest fitted at a local accessories shop for Rs.1250. The Space between the front in Dzire is well, almost non existent. The usual universal one did not even get it. Fortunately, he had a slimmer version and that was a tight fit, but got it for a decent cost so got it done. Though the installation was not as neat as what you have achieved, I am satisfied for now.
dass is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:14   #25
BANNED

Quote:
The Space between the front in Dzire is well, almost non existent. The usual universal one did not even get it. Fortunately, he had a slimmer version and that was a tight fit,
How is that possible?

AFAIK, the centre console is same for the Swift, Dzire and Ertiga. So it boils down to the seat covers fit in your car.

If they are loose the gap will be less hence the tight fit.

If you don't mind, can you post a picture?

Anurag.
Old 15th September 2014, 15:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How is that possible?

AFAIK, the centre console is same for the Swift, Dzire and Ertiga. So it boils down to the seat covers fit in your car.

If they are loose the gap will be less hence the tight fit.

If you don't mind, can you post a picture?

Anurag.
I have not looked at this thread in a while, I will take a photo when I get a chance and post them here.

My seat cover are a very snug fit and not lose, so I am not sure why the issue then.

Last edited by dass : 15th September 2014 at 15:27.
Old 15th September 2014, 15:41   #27
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of course, no one would like the metal clamp exposed in the car and hence it needed proper covering and insulation. With loads of material at home (thanks to some DIYs on my WagonR earlier), I started working on the same:
Attachment 1267948
Parag,

Could you let me know the name of this material and where I can source it in Bangalore? I've been wanting to buy some of this for a while now but couldn't find it

Thanks,
gpa
Old 16th September 2014, 14:58   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Parag,

Could you let me know the name of this material and where I can source it in Bangalore? I've been wanting to buy some of this for a while now but couldn't find it

Thanks,
gpa
Hi gpa,
You'll get these materials in any shop on and off JC road selling tarpaulins.
One is right next to the Multistoried car park (towards Town Hall on right side)
Old 16th September 2014, 15:09   #29
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi gpa,
You'll get these materials in any shop on and off JC road selling tarpaulins.
One is right next to the Multistoried car park (towards Town Hall on right side)
Thanks, Parag. Now that you've mentioned it, I remember that I've seen the store you are referring to.

Cheers,
gpa
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 19:44   #30
BANNED

Quote:
I have not looked at this thread in a while, I will take a photo when I get a chance and post them here.

My seat cover are a very snug fit and not lose, so I am not sure why the issue then.
Hi buddy,

Do you have any pictures of the space issue that you are referring to?

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks