Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2019, 10:12   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: DIY: Flush / Bleed the clutch & brake fluids

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Thanks guys. I will take your word. I do not plan to bleed the system for now. Performance has not been affected.
Out of curiosity what would happen if the brake fluid is well above the max mark?
In rare circumstances where the excess fluid doesn't overflow while putting the reservoir cap on, you may induce some brake drag which may result in wearing of brake pads prematurely because the over-packed fluid will not allow the calipers to retract. But you can always use a syringe to remove excess fluid from the reservoir. This is more of a theoretical assumption as I have never noticed this honestly.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 21:07   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: DIY: Flush / Bleed the clutch & brake fluids

Guys, can someone recommend a good DOT4 brake fluid?

Got to change the brake fluid in my car as it has been over 4 years since the brake fluid was replaced in the car. For the last brake fluid change, I had used VW's OEM brake fluid - worked well and no complaints. Just wanted to check if there's a locally available brake fluid which performs well and has the users' vote of approval.

Sigh, Sunny isn't active anymore on the forum! Will miss his DIY threads and posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks