Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2016, 18:02   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
This most likely is the same connector that I used to connect second horn in my car. VW has provided wiring for the second horn and covered that with this plug. You may be able to use this to connect additional horn. I have posted more details about this here.
Wow! Thanks for finding it out. Yes, it was zip-tied and i was searching for this all over the internet fearing that i might have unplugged it unknowingly while pulling out the headlamp. Found somewhere that its for headlight washer which was not convincing. Finally peace .

Last edited by aah78 : 14th November 2019 at 00:09. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing fixed.
Old 20th September 2016, 12:42   #77

Re: DIY: VW Polo Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Installation

I had been searching multiple sources and watching many videos in YouTube in order to retrofit projectors on my Renault Duster and your post was the most exhaustive and helpful in clearing my doubts. My concern was mainly about the matte black paint on the reflectors, as paint usually don't stick on the chrome coating and your tip using Mr. Muscle and using sandpaper has cleared all my roadblocks.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th November 2019 at 00:10. Reason: Readability fixed.
iwanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 23:27   #78

Re: DIY: VW Polo Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Installation

Gannu, Big thanks for the super detailed guide.
I’m about to replicate your order from RFS through a cousin from US with Morimoto Matchbox kit for fogs on my 2012 Polo. I’ve few concerns:
  • 1) Any cop trouble for the bright lights?
  • 2) Any reason for going for a 35w setup vs 55W?
  • 3) How’s the setup holding up on our roads?
Please help me out.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th November 2019 at 00:08. Reason: Post fixed - uppercase/lowercase issue. LIST added.
Old 4th April 2023, 17:28   #79
BHPian

Atrocious Polo TSI Headlamps -- need upgrade.

I am just fed up with the stock headlamps on my Polo TSI ((Dec 2021). Would appreciate some information on an upgrade that wont void warranty. I have written to VW , they have not responded yet.

I am fine getting the work done at a VW garage to satisfy the warranty conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks