Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Flippy Key-cam00782.jpg  

Old 30th November 2014, 18:48   #32
BHPian

Re: DIY: Flippy Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
How do you convert this to flip key?
You are equating the flip key with remote lock/ unlock functionality. In your case, you can easily convert your key to a flip one by purchasing a Toyota key fob from a seller as explained in this thread. Then you would have a flip key for your car. Your car doesn't currently come with remote lock / unlock function and thus the flip key won't be able to provide that unless you first install such functionality and then transfer the buttons and transmitters to the new flip key. That might be tricky unless you can find an after market product that at least vaguely matches the size and the shape of the new flip key fob as it would have to be integrated inside the fob and its buttons would have to match the opening slots provided on the new key fob.
Old 1st December 2014, 17:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How do you convert this to flip key?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
In your case, you can easily convert your key to a flip one by purchasing a Toyota key fob from a seller as explained in this thread.
I don't think it that simple. So long as the vehicle (the Toyota mentioned above) has the immobilizer, it must be having a transponder chip inside that black plastic shell (like in the pic below)
DIY: Flippy Key-ogg-keys-transponder.jpg

You will need to get a correctly programmed transponder chip OR take out the chip from your current key by breaking it, in order to make the duplicate flip key working.

BTW, I just posted the guy's details in a separate thread in Delhi NCR Directory. Link below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ml#post3592757
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 17:57   #34
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful Parag. Is the flip key available for all brands? My car is Ford Figo.
Old 1st December 2014, 18:05   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

You can visit : http://flipkeys.in/ and then check if fobs are available for the brands.

Flipkey conversion is easier when you have the remote buttons+Circuit+ Transponder as part of the Key shell itself. In case of aftermarket remote locking systems, it becomes quite a difficult task.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 18:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
You will need to get a correctly programmed transponder chip OR take out the chip from your current key by breaking it, in order to make the duplicate flip key working.

BTW, I just posted the guy's details in a separate thread in Delhi NCR Directory. Link below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ml#post3592757
Yes you are right my Corolla has that and I will have to remove it and put it in the flip key. But my bigger worry is, first install a remote central locking system (presently it is manual central locking), for that I need to get a remote that has a chip (size, shape, button alignment) which can be fixed in the flip key box. Now how to do that. I am in Bangalore and not able to find a guy who can do all together.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 19:42   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Yes you are right my Corolla has that and I will have to remove it and put it in the flip key. But my bigger worry is, first install a remote central locking system (presently it is manual central locking), for that I need to get a remote that has a chip (size, shape, button alignment) which can be fixed in the flip key box. Now how to do that. I am in Bangalore and not able to find a guy who can do all together.
If your car does not have the remote central locking, I think its a straight shift to Flip key. Why? Because, get a flip key which is of Toyota brand and just get the key cut in shape of the original key. You don't need to even open up the flip key for your installation. However, if the Flip key does come with buttons, you will have to insert something(dummy keys probably?) which would be there just as a dummy button and you can continue using the flip key as a normal key.

The above said is true, if you only want the flip function and not necessarily a remote flip function.
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:57   #38
Deo
BHPian

Is it possible to replace this kind of remote ?? It is six year old and you can see from picture that back cover is barely holding on. It might even fall off while driving over a pothole. Let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: Flippy Key-1417500853336.jpg  

DIY: Flippy Key-1417501487163.jpg  

Old 2nd December 2014, 13:11   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo View Post
Is it possible to replace this kind of remote ?? It is six year old and you can see from picture that back cover is barely holding on. It might even fall off while driving over a pothole. Let me know.
I am not sure if these are available. All the keys I have seen of Maruti make are the ones with two buttons, I may be wrong here but quoting from my experience. To confirm, you should send this pictures to the sellers, either on ebay or directly on the website that is mentioned earlier in the thread. Do keep everyone informed if you get a response from them.
Old 2nd December 2014, 23:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
The above said is true, if you only want the flip function and not necessarily a remote flip function.
There is no fun in just the flip key, I wanted to convert to a remote flip key. Will I not get a remote central locking kit to convert my manual central locking system along with a flip key.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2014, 00:45   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is no fun in just the flip key, I wanted to convert to a remote flip key. Will I not get a remote central locking kit to convert my manual central locking system along with a flip key.
Exactly the point. No reason in having just the flip function and still hang around the remote unit with it. Kills the whole purpose!
Old 3rd December 2014, 11:49   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Exactly the point. No reason in having just the flip function and still hang around the remote unit with it. Kills the whole purpose!
That is exactly what I quoted as well. ONLY if the flip key is required it can be done. I am not really sure if the remote functionality from the older generation remotes be fixed to the flips as I have not seen those models on flip keys. The best thing would be to contact the sellers and only they can provide an accurate solution.
Old 8th December 2014, 13:58   #43
BHPian

Thanks paragsachania! I was able to complete this DIY over the weekend in 10 mins. Ordered the fob from ebay and got the blank duplicated from one of the computerized duplicate key makers near Richmond circle behind woodlands hotel and rest was very easy to follow from your instructions.

BTW, The flippy key was for my Swift
Old 8th December 2014, 14:40   #44
Deo
BHPian

@Haque, can you post some pictures of your key ? I am trying to do it for my swift key but is old one and so far I have not been able to find anything helpful.
Old 8th December 2014, 15:27   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo View Post
I doubt this is possible because of the oval shape and it might not fit on the rectangular shaped flipkey, However please check with flipkeys to see if its possible

I tried getting it done for my 7 year old santro sometime last year but was not able to because of the above reason.

Thanks
zaveed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks